Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Monthly Support - January 2008

Welcome to Sugarbusters! This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 01-01-2008, 07:17 PM   #2  

Happy New Year everyone! I almost forgot that meant a new month! duh!

So, here is the new thread!

Let's make 2008 the year we manage to lose all our excess weight! We can make it the BEST year ever!

Old 01-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/161/140

Height: 5'7

Default Hi all I new here!

Hi my name is Sandy, I'm new here but not new to Sugar Busters. About 5 years ago I lost about 40lbs and it has come back. I started a week ago and have already lost 8 lbs!!! I'm looking forward to making some new friends as well as loose the weight!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #4  

Hi Sandy! It is nice to have you join us! It will be slow here for the rest of the week, but next week a few of the regulars who are on vacation will be back, and posting too, so it should pick up. I see you are in Virginia. What part? I have a good friend in Hopewell, outside of Richmond. Wow, 8 pounds is a GREAT start! Way to go!
Old 01-01-2008, 11:11 PM   #5  

Hi all. Oh boy a new month and a new start....

Welcome Sandy, Congrads on your weight loss.... Glad you came to join us.

Monet-Hope you had a great day....

Bob- I loved your lasagna. We've got a ton left. I'll have to freeze a bunch. Thanks again for the recipe.

Off to bed... Have a good night all.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:41 PM   #6  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Happy New Year to all! I have been busy all day and no time to read or write! Hubby is leaving tomorrow for the month on business to Fargo, ND and not looking forward to their extreme cold. We spent all day doing laundry and packing so he can leave early in the morning.

Welcome Sandy! I am just learning this new way of eating so I will be watching you for tips since you seem to have it down pat!

The mini-trampoline is great! I have been on it twice and my 16 year old daughter tried it too! I was winded after only 3 minutes so it will definitely take some time to build up on. This one is a little larger and "softer" than the last one I had and I really like that. My goal is to get up to 20 - 25 minutes a day. Maybe that will help with the blood sugar levels and weight loss!

Did everyone eat their blackeyed peas for good luck today??? I did!

Jacque
Old 01-02-2008, 09:16 AM   #7  

Morning! I slept like a log! It felt good. Just finished my espresso (gotta that man of mine..) and am ready to face the day! I have to unload the kiln (I hope it all turned out well!) and then glaze and load it back up again.

JAKE: You bet I had my blackeyed peas yesterday! Brown rice for riches too! And Collard greens for greenbacks! And as my kids add, Ham for happiness! Your poor hubby! Fargo must be like living in a freezer! Yuck!

TONI: Yeah, pack that lasagna up into serving size pieces and freeze it! Great for a quick meal!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:23 AM   #8  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Morning all! Got hubby off on his trip to the great white north! The high there yesterday was -14 and today it is getting all the way up to 5! He is so not looking forward to spending a month up there.

Bob- I still want to make your lasagne. I saw on another post that you say you put all the uncooked noodles on the bottom of the pan. What do you find works best - ww or Dreamfield or what?

Monet - glad you got some rest. Sometimes it takes the body reaching its limit and saying enough is enough! Glad you got your New Years food traditions taken care of as did I. I think that is a southern thing!

Here's hoping we all have a wonderful year of luck, wealth and weight loss and health!

Jacque
Old 01-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU SUGER BUSETERS.

Glad to be back!

Whew, seems like I have been gone forever. Ended up taking Monday off also. So 11 days was a long time off.

The Holidays were good. Just went to dinner with a few friends on NYE. Fell asleep on the couch around 11:30 and the dog woke us up barking at the noises around 12:05. Got up and went to bed. Exciting aren't we!

Well back to Sb today. I told my DD that I do better on SB than WW so she can do which ever she wants, but I have to get back on track. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the scale this morning. My pants are so tight I can hardly breathe. I really wanted towear my sweat pants to work today.

Monet, I thought you might get a break from the kiln since the holidays are over. Guess not. I guess I will be poor, unhappy & unlucky this year. I did not have any black eyed peas. I did have a bite of purple cabbage while cutting it up for salads.

Sandy, welcome to our group. 8 lbs is awesome. I think that is how I started my first week. Keep going in the right direction.

Toni, hope you had a nice holiday. How many days before your son comes home?

Jaque, I always think about that movie Fargo when someone mentions ND. I bet it will be extremley cold there. Hope DH packed some warm clothes. Good job on the trampoline. I would probably fall off.

Bob hope you are all well by now.

I will try to go back and read last month's board to catch up. Have a great SB day.

jackie
Old 01-02-2008, 11:50 AM   #10  

BOB: I guess you noticed that the DAWGS won easily in the Sugar Bowl, eh?
Old 01-02-2008, 11:52 AM   #11  

Hello All !

I am new to the site as of this morning. Thanks to Monet for directing me here. I am awaiting the arrival of my SB book, but need to start today eating
better. I believe I have already made some shopping faux-pas'.
I bought Ragu light/no sugar added spaghetti sauce, but it still says 6grams
of sugar per serving on the jar. Is this legal?
I do think I found the correct pasta. It is Heartland Whole grain pasta.
I have been trying to follow what I have read online for the last four days while I wait on my book.

I bought Post whole grain shreaded wheat - no sugar at all
Fat Free milk
A variety of cheeses
Chicken breasts
Imitation crab for salads
lettuce
broccoli, peppers, pickles, cauliflower(no white veggies at all)
Nature's Own whole grain sugar free bread
Low Glycemic Peanut butter
Low Carb Wraps - 1 gram of sugar
eggs
turkey bacon

Does this look okay? Any suggestions? I purchased the SB shopping guide and it is supposed to arrive with my book sometime next week.

Thanks and it is wonderful to meet you all. I hope to become a friend.

Tabitha
Old 01-02-2008, 11:53 AM   #12  

SOLLY! Welcome back, and Happy New Year to you! I think we ALL need to get on plan here! I hope BOB is up to driving the wagon! I need a harness and seat belt to keep me on it! I was about as bad as you. I think I crawled in bed by 12:30 on New Years! I totally missed the crazy kids getting on the roof and drinking Champagne!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #13  

TABITHA: So glad you came on in! Your list looks pretty good, with a few exceptions. First, the spaghetti sauce is fine if it has no added sugar. Remember that high fructose corn syrup is sugar as is dextrose. In fact be suspicious of any 'ose'! The six grams of sugar in there are from the tomatoes, and a naturally occurring fructose. That is ok. You will find that on canned vegetables and fruits the sugar count will reflect the natural fructose, and is ok. On your list, check your imitation crab meat. It is often full of starches to bind it and the carb count can be quite high. Some white veggies are ok. Like Cauliflower, and turnips, and radishes. (ok, they are white INSIDE! ) On the cheeses it is good to pick low fat ones if you can. I never bother with low carb peanut butter. I just get the natural stuff with nothing but salt added. And with wraps, I use the whole wheat ones. If you like the low carb ones, they are ok, but if you find you like the whole wheat ones better, you can go with them instead. Be careful with the pickles, just because they are high sodium and may make you retain fluids. Drink plenty of water to help combat that. Any pasta made with 100% durum wheat semolina is ok. Whole wheat stuff is an added plus. Just make sure there is no 'enriched' flour in it. That is a nice way of saying white flour! I use Nature's Own whole wheat bread, but not the sugar free. The sugar content in the regular is ok. I like that they use brown sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

Height: 5'6"

My name is Amy, and I started SB today! I am hoping to lose about 30 lbs before my vacation to Myrtle Beach this June. I have previously lost about 40lbs via Weight Watchers, but I'm looking for a change (and I'm tired of recording everything). Plus, I want to eat healthier, not just lose weight! So far today I've had:

Breakfast:
Post bite-size shredded wheat with cinnamon and 2% milk (I will buy skim milk when this half gallon runs out)
1 scrambled egg

Snack: 1 orange (eaten 2 hours after breakfast)

Lunch: Homemade veggie soup (made with all legal ingredients (too many to mention) and 12 thin Triscuits with Laughing Cow light cheese spread

Later today I plan to have some celery sticks with almond butter (natural) and possibly an apple if I get hungry before dinner. Dinner will probably be some sort of salad and a baked sweet potato with butter.

Does that look OK? I may eat a chicken breast instead of a baked sweet potato if I get home and don't feel like waiting for the potato to bake (they take forever!)
Old 01-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. How was everyone's New Year's? Mine was boring, but at least I got a paid day off,lol. I made a big meal..pork chops, cabbage, blackeye peas, and fried squash with onions. Bloated today because of it though, ah well. The past couple months I've been REALLY slacking on exercise. Only doing an occasional workout instead of several a week. So that is one of my resolutions. Yesterday I did the 4 mile tape(Leslie Sansone) since I was home and had time. Today nothing(sigh). Tomorrow will probably be the Walk Strong tape which is 30 min. I gotta get these 5 holiday pounds off. BOB- I can't update any photos right now since I don't have internet at the house anymore. Only use the computer at work now. I would love to show you how tall Boogie is getting. He's a skinny bean pole. Ashley is catching up to me. And I'm 5'8" and she will be 12 in Feb. Robby has lost alot of weight over the past 4 months. He's gone from a 36 to a 32. And of course without giving it much effort! And I'm a little thinner than my avatar/profile pic. I gotta run..I actually started this post over an hour ago! Busy day...
Closed Thread