Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 194/151.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
It will work out. I actually went to my medicine cabinate to see if I have any clear round cough pills. I have tessalon perles. The work well. But the best is Tussinex. Has a long acting Codiene in it. Expensive as all get out, no generic . Don't have any of that left. Used it up with the bronchitis from earlier this summer.
Hang in there, the 2 lbs are probably water weight and will go away soon. Give extra love to hubby and little one. Don't forget to give some to yourself either!
Thanks for the encouragement! My center called back and put me on leave. They said they'll restart me when I'm free and clear. Not to mention I'm on liquid til this tummy thing resolves itself. So, maybe it will work out. I was a slow loser, maybe this will shake my body up a bit and kick it into gear
Old 09-15-2009, 04:56 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 194/151.5/135

Karen, you're an angel! Guess I'll go dust off the crockpot. That sounds really yummy!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

I hope everyone gets better. I just hate it when I'm sick, I can't imagine being sick right when I start this diet. We're definately getting more positive flus at the hospital I work at. They predict this swine flu is going to be about 80 to 90 % of all positive flus this season. With that said they're strongly encouraging us healthcare workers to get the swine flu shot but since it's different than the regular shot I hope I don't come down sick afterall.

Karen that Chicken soup sounds wonderful! I am really looking forward to fall and winter foods like soups and chilis. I might have to make that one this weekend.

By the way, I get to start the green menu on Thursday. I'm so excited, I get to eat tomatoes and berries and oatmeal. I never thought I would get excited about getting to eat a tomato. And no more salad for me if I don't want it. Mwahahaha.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Karen, that Chicken Noodle Soup recipe sounds delish! And I love cooking in my crock pot (great for us busy moms!) I may have to try it this weekend.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

Wow sorry to read about so many people being sick, actually i feel that flu is all around us, 3 people at work sick today and i am not a 100% either myself. But i rarely get sick, so not worried.

so just came back from my WI, down 2lbs and just signed the 10 lb board. Just 6 more signings to go
Old 09-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 224/214/150

Karen,

Can't wait until January to try out the chicken soup (we should have a cold spell by then)... Love homemade soups! I got all excited when I saw carrots, potato and NOODLES then i read on.... some day I'll get them back, just not right now, and thats what I have to keep telling myself.

Yikes sorry to hear that we have some sick people out there. Hope everyone gets better quick.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Biggest Loser, BIggest Loser, Biggest Loser is on!! I love to watch this, always motivates me.. so excited for a new season :0)
Old 09-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #188  

i am watching it for the first time...
Old 09-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #189  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

aaahhhh oh no, i didn't know the new season was starting already!!! i hope my DVR is still set to record it from last season. that show makes me cry almost every episode, lol.

also i had to add: nabeelmalik, i love your manly ticker in your signature, lol. we all have froufrou butterflies and flowers and stuff, and yours is FOOTBALL. love it.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #190  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
also i had to add: nabeelmalik, i love your manly ticker in your signature, lol. we all have froufrou butterflies and flowers and stuff, and yours is FOOTBALL. love it.
hey with all the ladies here, i have to keep the my manly self distinguished somehow And seriously i cant believe i have never watched this show before, its so motivating. Abbey's story is just... so heartbreaking.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:44 AM   #191  

Height: 5'9"

Oh Biggest Loser was a tear spent night! Yes, Abbey's story is heartbreaking. I always get motivated by their struggles, there is a little of us all in each of them.

Dr. Oz says to take 1000mg of Vitamin D to help fight off the flu daily for an adult.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Biggest Loser was full of emotion for sure...

Abbey's story was absolutely heartwrenching... She really is a fighter though, trying so hard to pull herself up out of the hole she's been in, trying to make sense of her life and re-making herself. Getting married and having children really redefines a person to the point of not being able to imagine life any other way or how it was before kids. You could feel how raw her emotions are and that was almost too painful to watch at certain points; I just can't even imagine how hard this is for her. I wonder if they have a grief counselor available to her to help her work through some of this while on the ranch...

I also wonder what happens to the players that are sent home early in the game, do you think they get nutritional counseling and a trainer to work with at home? I can't remember if they've done this in past shows or not.

And Tracey, I thought she was having a heat stroke, slurring her speech after passing out... what a way to start out! Hopefully she'll recover and be back soon.

And what about the biometric testing they all received... wouldn't that be awesome to have done. I would love that. I liked that bug calorie counter, measures heart rate, calories burned during exercise. Bob mentioned the key is to stay in the negative when comparing intake of calories to expendature... I wonder how negative they run these guys in order to get them to lose so quickly? Just curious.

Anyways, I agree with GWE, there's a little bit of us in each of them... I wish them all strength and resolve as they start this great journey... and I wish that for all of us too!!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #193  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i wonder about that, too--how "negative" they go calorie-wise. but you have to imagine that they're getting plenty of calories in if they're working out that much, you know? because if they weren't, they wouldn't be losing like that. it's happened in past seasons, where someone will only lose a pound or will stay flat and the trainer will chew them out for not eating enough food.

on a related note, i would probably give anything to have jillian come smack me around for a while. i love her so very much hehe
Old 09-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #194  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default New Double Choc. Pudding HNS

Is it just me or does the new Double Choc. Pudding taste totally different than the old one? I bought 2 packages on Saturday and noticed the new packaging. I had one for the first time tongiht and honestly didn't care for it. Argh and I so looked forward to that chocolate almost every night and now I don't know. Anyone else notice a different taste?
Old 09-18-2009, 04:54 PM   #195  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
Succeed90, I'm having the same feelings. I'm getting close to the weight I think I want to be, and I still have the flabby tummy and thighs, and now my arms are flabbier than ever, and "the girls" are really starting to look like granny's. My bust didn't develop until I was 27 and I was so proud of my "youthful" breasts (took Hormones from age 45 to 58. After I stopped, they have not been as firm but now they are positively droopy). My skin gets those fine wrinkles that "old ladies" get - hey 62 isn't old! I'm not that old yet! Did I really do the right thing? (I ask looking in the mirror!)

I know I need to exercise more - we have free weights and back in 2004, I had a nice weightlifting routine that I did for over a year before I had my second hip replacement. I can't seem to get back into it, but I need to.

I want to hear from some people who have been through this (like Namaste - you there??) After being on maintenance for 6 months, a year, do you have less loose skin? What did you do to shape up? Can you 'see' yourself as a skinny person eventually?

I really think that I am going to need the 6 weeks Stabilization and 1 year Maintenance for me to feel good about my body without the clothes. I am glad my center is close enough that I will keep going even once I have gotten down to goal weight. Let's keep talking about this, Succeed09 and not let it sabotage what we have/are accomplishing. I'm going to look for old threads that might address this. If I do, I will bump them up to the top of the list. Have a good weekend everyone, jeanette
hello! I'm here.

So, yes.... I have some loose skin.... I've got bat wings (great for flying at night) and there is also some on my thighs and my belly but no one notices that stuff. It's really only me. And, I try to view it as my war scars.... what I went through to get where I am. I have to say that I have noticed some of the loose skin tightening up; my arms (which bothered me the most) don't seem to be swaying in the wind as much! And yes, my boobs.... gone. But I started taking that balancing cream they are selling there (very interesting stuff, if you haven't heard or read about it.... I'm not actively in menapause but I feel like I am likely estrogen dominant and it's really helped balance my hormones out) Anyway, back to the "ladies"; they are firming up too. I believe that is definitely from the balancing cream! What I believe is that your skin will firm up where it can, and the rest you have a choice.... you can live with it (accept this is just a part of who you are now and embrace it), or if it bothers you that much, you can change it. There are options. And for me, whatever happens, happens.... it is what it is. I would rather take some extra skin than everything that came with all that extra weight.... I also take MSM and I took corti trim while on plan, those two things did wonders for me. Oh, you have more questions I see.... to shape up; water aerobics and the gazelle were my standard go to exercise "things"; I do pilates and yoga because I love them and they tone and stretch.... and just make you feel great.... do I "see" myself as skinny? I'm still a work in progress but I don't see myself morbidly obese, obese, fat, or anything of that "stuff" anymore. I really really like what I see in the mirror. I question myself, I wonder if I could do more, I sometimes wish I had changed my life sooner but then I just listen for my father in laws voice and go back to the simplicity of it all.... it is what it is. I can't change the past, I can do my best today and today only, I can love and be loved, I can respect all things, and I can honor myself. Then, I look back in that mirror and embrace all that is me; the beauty, the happiness, the imperfections, and the wonder of me. It's my best, today. And so I would tell you; give your very best today and realize you are soooo much more that saggy skin or granny boobs! You are love and light and joy and laughter and all that is beautiful..... You will get there, I promise. Just allow yourself to let go.
Closed Thread