Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 311/ticker/150

Height: 5-5

loveamy,

first I gotta say CONGRATS!! OMG you stayed OP with ALL that temptation! You go girl!!!!

and second, I sooooo know how you feel. Food is a huge thing for me as well, and I would have been hurt and angry as well. I once cried over a HUGE bucket of cookie dough that was in the fridge. I wanted it SO BAD, but I literally sat on my hands and cried till my husband (now ex) took it to the neighbors. he totally made me feel like a fool afterwards. If they've never had the problem, they don't understand.

But BRAVO to you! Wow, so proud of you. Very inspiring! I know it still hurts, but you really did win that battle against the food beast!
Old 09-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Weighed in today and am down 3.5 lbs. I am halfway to my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told my consultant how difficult it's been for me lately to get in all of my dinner. At night I really just want to gag when I look at it. She suggested I try the meal replacement shakes for dinner up to 3 times a week. I'm excited to have an option because I know I've got to eat no matter how much I'd rather just skip it. Anyone else experience this loss of appetite?

Last edited by Goose; 09-05-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #48  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i weighed in today, too, and am down another pound and a half, which is pretty good considering yesterday and thursday. i also got to do one-month measurements!! 20.5 inches and 12 pounds down so far. what a fantastic feeling!
Old 09-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #49  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Leahruthie,

Wow, Fantastic.

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 09-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone,

I WI today and was down 2.5 lbs. I was all right with the weight lose but I was hoping for more since it has been two weeks since i WI last. well this week I'm going to get back OP with my excercise. Well good OP weekend and happy Labor Day to you.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:36 AM   #51  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Default Connections Classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveamy View Post
OK, so I had a stressful day . . . I know that I made the right decision but somehow it doesn't seem much like a victory right now....
LoveAmy, Because you are a distance client, you are not coming to the Connections Classes - are they sending you any of the info? Next time you come in to the Center, ask if they will give you the handouts from the classes. I don't know when you might have time to read, but like when the kids are at practice and you have to be there, you can read and think about these topics, a page at a time. Week One was about Changes, Week Two Emotions . At least try to get the handouts from these two weeks. A couple of books that were recommended are Eat, Drink and Be Mindful and Eating Mindfully by Susan Albers.

It was not easy but you did the best thing for yourself. Congratulations on breaking 150! jeanette
Old 09-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #52  

WI was a little disappointing Friday, only down 1 pound, but it is still one less then before. Also got measured...lost 20 inches and a total of 17.5lbs since Aug 1st

September Challenge
Old 09-06-2009, 04:34 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darn Baby Weight View Post
WI was a little disappointing Friday, only down 1 pound, but it is still one less then before. Also got measured...lost 20 inches and a total of 17.5lbs since Aug 1st

September Challenge
SWEET!!! Great job!! I can't wait until I have my measurements taken again....I am looking forward to knowing the number of total lost inches! Yea! Congrats and I have to say that 17.5 lbs is nothin' to sneeze at! Amazing!
Old 09-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on all your losses! Looking for a great OP week and wishing all of you the best :0)
Old 09-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Was down another 1.5 lbs on Saturday. Went to our state fair today and resisted all the artery-clogging goodies, settling for a salad. Hope WI tomorrow goes alright. :::crossing fingers and toes:::
Old 09-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #56  
Leah

state fair is hard to navigate, isn't it? did you pet the baby giraffe?? i'm going to miss the fair next year when it moves to GI.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Hello all my MRC Friends....I have missed you all so much. Haven't had time to catch up on all my reading yet, but just wanted to post so you don't think that I have deserted you.

It has been a very rough week....my Father-inlaw passed away last Monday, and for the last 4 days, it has been non-stop with family, the services and eating!!!! I skipped breakfasts, didn't take any of the HNS's, and tried so hard to eat healthy, until the healthy food was gone and just the good foods were left.

Then some of the family stayed with us for two days and of course, we watched the "Big Red Game" Saturday night, which meant "Red Beers" and snacks...I figured since I had blown it the first three days, one more wasn't going to hurt...but it sure did...ouch!!! The scale was not nice to me today. I am back on plan, but now I am down with a terrible sore throat, fever, coughing and runny nose and eyes....I feel like crap!!! Just not what I needed on top of everything else. I think I will wait and WI on Wednesday, maybe another day will help.

I am so upset with myself because I had been OP since the day I started, and was doing so good....I know most everyone can relate, it just makes you mad after working so hard and then to blow it in a matter of days.

But I am back....even though nothing tastes good since I have this stupid flu, I will work my way back. Thanks for letting me sound off.....I really did miss you all!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #58  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

I'm so sorry for you FiftiesLady, for the loss of your father-in-law and for the loss of "OP". Sometimes things are just beyond our control. Be good to yourself, read tearjerker stories or watch tearjerker movies and have a good cry (getting the emotions out will do you a lot of good toward your recovery). Take hot showers or bubblebaths (wash away the germs as well as breath the warm moist air). Drink hot teas or (I was going to say hot apple cider but I don't think we can have that - hummm, what would be a good substitute? don't know, maybe the lemon supplement hot). I sympathize with you, nothing tasting good when you're sick. Try Chicken soup with real chicken and your favorite herbs, spices, garlic and onion. Ever had leeks? They would go real good in chicken soup. You're back on the wagon and this flu thing won't last long. Enjoy catching up with all the posts. I'm glad you are back jeanette
Old 09-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveamy View Post
OK, so I had a stressful day and tonight we took my daughter to soccer practice. Afterwards the kids begged to go to a local grill, the kind with the best hotdogs and french fries in town and heavenly ice cream! Of course, it is one of my favs to eat at and used to be our "Friday night special". There were no real choices for me!
I ended up getting a grilled chicken sandwich, which I brought home, took off the bun and ate with my brocolli and melba toast...
So, what's the problem? Well, I felt so upset, mad, sad just unhappy and isolated...I was mad at my DH for insisting that we go, I was mad at myself for going, mad that I couldn't eat what I really wanted, sad that I felt like I am the only miserable one, mad that food has it's hold on me, sad that I feel like food gives me that much pleasure, mad that I wasn't prepared, etc, etc.
I had to sit and watch them eat the things I love (the DH was on his motorcycle so I had to wait for the kids), I couldn't even talk. I am upset that because of the way I felt, I in turn isolate myself from the ones I love.
Cried on the way home because I feel no one understands, especially my husband (he would think it is totally ridiculous to get upset about food, he has always been thin)....My only comfort was to know that I could post when I got home and there must be someone who can relate.
I feel silly about it now but in the moment it felt torturous!
I know that I made the right decision but somehow it doesn't seem much like a victory right now....
Oh honey, I am so sorry you had to go through that. People who never had an unhealthy relationship with food may never understand. It is kind of like breaking up with a guy you know is bad for you and then seeing him out with someone else and you are alone. There was a person on here who had a quote that said if you think this diet is restrictive, think of how restrictive it is to be overweight. I have found that if I make myself a person they (people at restaurants) can honor, they will bend over backwards for me. At places like that, I tell them that I am on this fantastic new diet, and already lost X number of pounds. Add enthusiasm to your voice, smile and engage them. Then ask if they can accommodate you. Tell them you need grilled chicken, raw veggies (and if they have hamburgers, they have tomatoes and lettuce) and whatever else you need for that meal. I have had a lot of success with that approach and it makes you feel good for taking charge of the situation. Spent too many hours of my life effected by situations I can't control and feeling like a victim. I refuse to let that happen with a meal!
And you won the battle. You refused to let the moment control the choice for food. Pat your self on the back. It does get easier, but if it were too easy, we would have all done it before now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Weighed in today and am down 3.5 lbs. I am halfway to my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told my consultant how difficult it's been for me lately to get in all of my dinner. At night I really just want to gag when I look at it. She suggested I try the meal replacement shakes for dinner up to 3 times a week. I'm excited to have an option because I know I've got to eat no matter how much I'd rather just skip it. Anyone else experience this loss of appetite?
Congratulations! I have had some loss of appetite and also missed meals due to catching up on sleep. Since I have an extra mini meal during my 12 hour night shifts, I am not too worried. But I did check with my consultant and they agreed. If I need sleep that much, I need it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Hello all my MRC Friends....I have missed you all so much. Haven't had time to catch up on all my reading yet, but just wanted to post so you don't think that I have deserted you.

It has been a very rough week....my Father-inlaw passed away last Monday, and for the last 4 days, it has been non-stop with family, the services and eating!!!! I skipped breakfasts, didn't take any of the HNS's, and tried so hard to eat healthy, until the healthy food was gone and just the good foods were left.

Then some of the family stayed with us for two days and of course, we watched the "Big Red Game" Saturday night, which meant "Red Beers" and snacks...I figured since I had blown it the first three days, one more wasn't going to hurt...but it sure did...ouch!!! The scale was not nice to me today. I am back on plan, but now I am down with a terrible sore throat, fever, coughing and runny nose and eyes....I feel like crap!!! Just not what I needed on top of everything else. I think I will wait and WI on Wednesday, maybe another day will help.

I am so upset with myself because I had been OP since the day I started, and was doing so good....I know most everyone can relate, it just makes you mad after working so hard and then to blow it in a matter of days.

But I am back....even though nothing tastes good since I have this stupid flu, I will work my way back. Thanks for letting me sound off.....I really did miss you all!
To my lady, I am sorry for your loss. You have to give yourself time to grieve. And to get better! Just drink your water, take care of yourself and you will be back to your vibrant loving self in no time.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #60  
Leah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post

i'm so sorry for the death in the family!! i hope you're all doing alright.

as for the season opener... i too went a little overboard! i had a couple of vodka/club soda mixed drinks and got silly with my friends for the first time in a month, and it was really fun--but i definitely think i'm paying for it now. but the holiday is over, the temptations are out of the house, and i think i'm ready to recommit 100% to following plan again. i'm angry that i let myself get carried away with setbacks, but i'm confident that i can overcome them and will be able to fight them next saturday!! and you can, too. let's just devote ourselves to completely clean eating, shall we? we'll beat this.
Closed Thread