Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
I can totally relate!! I signed up for FB and have always put pictures of my son instead of me! Congrats on being brave and confident enough to do that! How awesome!! I posted my avatar pic on my FB page and I even had some former high school cheerleaders give me great comments. I'm not 80 pounds lighter than when I graduated high school 11 years ago. I remember weighing 200 when I Was in 9th grade summer PE.

I wish I were close to stabilization! I mean, I know I'm close but I wanted to be closer to my goal weight by now. My program ends on 10/5 and am curious as to what they'll do with me.

leahruthie, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time. The others are right, the diet will wait and don't even think twice about it.
You're probably closer to your real goal than I am! You're 3 inches taller but your goal is only 5 pounds higher than mine. In reality mine should be more like 130 or 135, but for now I'm going with 140. I intend to keep working on slowly taking off more during stabilization and maintence until I get into the 130s. But mentally, I think I'm ready for stabilization, and I think I can handle the calorie counting part of maintenance such that I can keep slowly losing...even a pound a month will add up. And, maybe I'm stalling here because that's where I need to be. I'm okay with that. My original date to be at 145 was actually a few weeks ago, and obviously I didn't get very close. But since I'm paid (and won 2 free extra weeks in different contests) until 10/12, I'm going to take all that time. And, I really feel like my clothes are looser even though the scale isn't moving. I even had to tighten my iPod arm band this last week. So, maybe some kind of decent drop will happen soon.

Anyway, it's fun experiencing a part of 'life' I wouldnt' have done a few months ago. Yeah for NSV's...especially when the scale is not cooperating!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:06 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I am STUCK! Stuck at 150. C'mon I wanna see the 140's dang it! The scale hasn't moved in over a week. Why oh why is my body so stubborn?
Old 10-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #288  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

thanks again for all the encouragement, guys. it feels good to have the support of so many, even though we've never met and you're right--MRC will always be here when we come to the other end of this tunnel. so what if i have to extend my goal date by a month or two? i'll get there! it's just a detour.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #289  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
thanks again for all the encouragement, guys. it feels good to have the support of so many, even though we've never met and you're right--MRC will always be here when we come to the other end of this tunnel. so what if i have to extend my goal date by a month or two? i'll get there! it's just a detour.
Leahruthie you have such a good attitude with all you are dealing with. I'm not sure if your center will do it, but you might ask them to put your program on hold for a very short time. I've heard of them doing it, but every center seems to be very differently run for some reason. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #290  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

thanks, it's really hard to remain upbeat sometimes... so i just gotta fake it until i make it.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #291  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Well, September is over, Autumn has arrived. Time to start a new thread for our general chit-chat. I asked one of our moderators to lock all the previous MRC month's threads to try and get people to post to the current one. She informed me that the person who starts a thread can close it, I'm going to close / lock this one. Leahruthie, you could close the September Challenge. You click on the Thread Tools button near the top and on the right. At the bottom of the page that comes up, select Close Thread and click on "GO". It only appears if you are the originator of the thread. jeanette

Last edited by reuselady; 10-01-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Closed Thread