Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 03:12 PM   #151  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

luckily when it comes to adult beverages, i'm not much of a beer drinker--i far prefer vodka tonics! so it's been easy for me to, when i decide it's worth it, just have a vodka & club soda with lime. probably the least diet-offensive alcoholic beverage there is, hehe
Old 09-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Default Meta Quick

Has anyone been asked to go on the Meta Quick Plan where you eat only bars and shakes for 7 days? They asked me if I wanted to do this which I thought kind of strange after they told me I am losing a pound a day which they said is great. I told them I didn't feel comfortable doing that plan right now since I was on Medifast and that is what I did for four months and it let to deprivation and cheating on my part and this is what essentially let me to MRC. I wonder if they feel like I am not spending enough money there each week or what. I am spending plenty it seems I am buying something each week. Can anyone give some insight to this program? I was just curious..

Thanks!
Ronnie
Old 09-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #153  

Height: 5'9"

Speaking of Las Vegas...I am meeting college friends for a reunion Oct 15-18, I am trying so hard to get my weight down...I have not seen my friends in 12 years since I moved from California and at that time I was 140 pounds...and of course I have avoided sending any pictures of myself as the weight piled on and they have no idea that I gained 80+ pounds the past 8 years...I am hoping I will be signing the 60 pound board by Oct. 15th! Only 13 pounds away from signing the 60 pound board and only 3 from the 50! I hope to sign this week by Friday...
Old 09-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #154  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
Has anyone been asked to go on the Meta Quick Plan where you eat only bars and shakes for 7 days? They asked me if I wanted to do this which I thought kind of strange after they told me I am losing a pound a day which they said is great. I told them I didn't feel comfortable doing that plan right now since I was on Medifast and that is what I did for four months and it let to deprivation and cheating on my part and this is what essentially let me to MRC. I wonder if they feel like I am not spending enough money there each week or what. I am spending plenty it seems I am buying something each week. Can anyone give some insight to this program? I was just curious..

Thanks!
Ronnie
I did go on the Meta Quick for 5 days, I hated it and it did not help me drop weight...for others it did result in weight loss. So individual.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

In response to those that are afraid to mention 3FC at their center, here is what I found.... at my center (Bellevue, NE) at two different classes both of the counselors mentioned 3FC and that they are pretty much in favor of this site. The onlt thing that one of them had to say against it was that sometimes people on here are "acting like MRC counselors" when in fact they aren't. She just said be careful of what you read on here and make sure that if you have questions about what you see/read on here to make sure that you ask someone at the center. But other than that, she really likes the fact that the support is there for us.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #156  

Ok ya’ll I’m reaching out…I have been battling this horrid black hole of depression. The last week I was totally off plan My divorce is almost final which should be a good thing and I was all excited about it until now and I think that is adding to my unstable emotions. I'm scared to WI…I don't want to see what the scale says. The center called me today to ask if I was going to be coming in to WI and so I guess I better go, better to know than to sit in limbo with the unknown...
Old 09-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #157  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
Speaking of Las Vegas...I am meeting college friends for a reunion Oct 15-18, I am trying so hard to get my weight down...I have not seen my friends in 12 years since I moved from California and at that time I was 140 pounds...and of course I have avoided sending any pictures of myself as the weight piled on and they have no idea that I gained 80+ pounds the past 8 years...I am hoping I will be signing the 60 pound board by Oct. 15th! Only 13 pounds away from signing the 60 pound board and only 3 from the 50! I hope to sign this week by Friday...
Your trip sounds great. You will look great when you go.

I hope you get to sign the 50lb board by Friday as well. I just realized I am one pound behind you in getting to the board. I'm hoping by Saturday, but not sure if it will happen. I've got my fingers crossed for you!
Old 09-14-2009, 06:09 PM   #158  
Teresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
In response to those that are afraid to mention 3FC at their center, here is what I found.... at my center (Bellevue, NE) at two different classes both of the counselors mentioned 3FC and that they are pretty much in favor of this site. The onlt thing that one of them had to say against it was that sometimes people on here are "acting like MRC counselors" when in fact they aren't. She just said be careful of what you read on here and make sure that if you have questions about what you see/read on here to make sure that you ask someone at the center. But other than that, she really likes the fact that the support is there for us.
It's nice to see that other centers are in support of the 3FC site. I go to the Aurora center and everyone there has seemed excited and supportive of us using it. Usually if I see something here, I will ask them about it and see what they say. I have to say, until today, they agreed with everything. I don't think any of us act like counselors, we just share information we were given and what works for us.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #159  
Teresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darn Baby Weight View Post
Ok ya’ll I’m reaching out…I have been battling this horrid black hole of depression. The last week I was totally off plan My divorce is almost final which should be a good thing and I was all excited about it until now and I think that is adding to my unstable emotions. I'm scared to WI…I don't want to see what the scale says. The center called me today to ask if I was going to be coming in to WI and so I guess I better go, better to know than to sit in limbo with the unknown...
Divorce is an extremely hard time even if it's something you truly want to be over with. It is in many ways like a death, and you have to go through pretty much the same steps. Grieving, anger, and acceptance. We just had a phase II class at MRC on radical acceptance, and it was very hard to make others understand that by finally accepting something does not mean you agree with it. It is what it is, you can't change it, but you can accept it and move on. I was very depressed going through mine and I don't think there was any one thing that got me out of it. I finally accepted it and began to rebuild my life. Hang in there.

For now, stick with the program and it will be one thing that you are in control of. With you being in control of just one thing in your life, it will be a huge boost for you. It will be one step towards leaving your depression behind.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:33 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
Wow, your daughter is ambitious to say the least. As a fellow cake decorator, I know what you will be going through. Hang in there and keep your focus and you will make it through. If you have the urge, brush your teeth, chew a piece of strong minty gum, sugar free of course. Nothing will taste good after that. You will have to post some pictures of her accomplishment.

You can say that again! The gum is a good idea... I somehow survived... we had one cake that didn't make it out of the pan whole tonight and when it fell apart, we crumbled it and saved the crumbles for another day (put in freezer)... ofcourse I was so tempted, I grabbed a piece and popped it into my mouth then screamed no at myself (in my head ofcourse) and spit that thing out into the sink and washed my mouth out with H20 quickly! Good Golly, gotta keep that control! Whew... I will chew gum for the remainder of the evening, thank you for the tip...Baking almost done tonight, Thank Goodness :0)
Old 09-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

For the last couple of hours I've had a house full of guys here watching Monday Night Football with my hubby. The kitchen is full of pizza, hot wings and snacks. The smell permiates the house. I stood looking at a slice of hawaiian pizza for a full 5 minutes and then decided to make myself some HNS pudding instead.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:57 PM   #162  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

ooooh, good for you!! well done

friday night at the bar for an engagement party, not only did i only drink plain club soda, BUT there was a pizza right in front of me for a good hour and i didn't have a single slice. yay for non-scale victories, and yay for our willpower!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:09 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by funshine View Post
For the last couple of hours I've had a house full of guys here watching Monday Night Football with my hubby. The kitchen is full of pizza, hot wings and snacks. The smell permiates the house. I stood looking at a slice of hawaiian pizza for a full 5 minutes and then decided to make myself some HNS pudding instead.
Good job. You rock!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:14 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinfine09 View Post
I did indulge after my 5k in July. I had a small ice cream blizzard. Totally worth every last bite. I drank a lot of water to counter the problem and quite honestly, there was no problem on the scale. Right now my main craving is beer. Gosh, with football season in full swing, how do I not have a beer? LOL. I'm headed to Vegas in a couple of months and want to have my 'rockin' body by then, so that's what's keeping me on program! : )

I know what you mean...you can't watch NEBRASKA football with out beer.
I cheated Saturday and had MGD 64 with V-8...oh so yummy...but one was all I wanted....it was filling....never had that happen to me before???
Old 09-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 194/151.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Beer sounds yummy. Actually anything sounds good, but instead I spent 8 hours in the ER with several Saline/Glucose drips. Hmmm... wonder how bad that's going to screw things up. Now I'm craving everything bad, which I hadn't before. The bright side, I have such severe, and unexplained it seems, abdominal pain that I can't seem to put anything in my tummy! I'm supposed to WI tomorrow, I'm a wee bit nervous about that. Not to mention I can barely walk. Ugh! I just got over bronchitis, didn't need this little mystery too!
Closed Thread