Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 146/120

Well, I'm 1/2 way done with my first menu(yellow).. . I am having a hard time sleeping did anyone have this problem? I go in for WI tomorrow and am excited to see if I have lost anything. I would also like to start a ticker. How do I do that?
Old 10-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #257  

Height: 5'5

What are the mini-crisps?? I'm not sure my center has them, when I asked about crisps they gave me the wafers but those are meal replacement...hummmm

Anyone in Omaha know if we have them?
Old 10-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #258  
Remodeling The Temple

S/C/G: 229.5/161.5/149.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
What are the mini-crisps?? I'm not sure my center has them, when I asked about crisps they gave me the wafers but those are meal replacement...hummmm

The Mini-crisps are these great little chocolate tasting things. They are the size and (multi) shape of Nerds (the candy), but they are chocolate flavored and wonderfully crunchy. They are a supplement and my center says you can only have them twice a week, subbing a creamy. BUT, I've heard others say they can have them everyday. I eat them usually 4 times a week because I love the sweet after dinner treat.

I've been SOOOO hungry this week, even right after I eat! I don't know what the deal is. This is the first time I've been hungry since starting in August. I think it is just hormones, but it is almost pure torture not to be able to grab something to shut my stomach up! I drink 5 HNS a day and more water than in the Great Lakes, so I know that isn't the problem! Argh!

Last edited by silverbelle; 10-08-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #259  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

The Omaha center does have them. They are a great snack and chocolate fix.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #260  
Eyeball Checker

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandid View Post
Well, I'm 1/2 way done with my first menu(yellow).. . I am having a hard time sleeping did anyone have this problem? I go in for WI tomorrow and am excited to see if I have lost anything. I would also like to start a ticker. How do I do that?
I had the same problem when I first started. I think its partly do to my body being mad at me for not eating what it wants and also I was taking the herbal metabolizing supplement 3x a day and it was keeping me awake if I took it after about 5pm, so if its after 5 I just don't take it at all.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #261  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:

They were out of the mini-crisps for a while. I think if you specifically ask for the soy mini crisps you will get the right thing. I know that they had them there on Monday morning.

Would chewing gum while you are commuting help?
Old 10-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 225/see tracker/185

Quote:

And I just bought some Yesterday, so they should still have some!!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #263  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Ok. I have a question. On the Type 3 protein, beef and shrimp and such, does anyone know why you can have it at dinner, but not at lunch?? I've never even paid attention to that until I turned in my food sheet today and she said something about it, because I ate a steak salad at LongHorn's on Sunday. She didn't really have a reason, so I was wondering if anyone knew.
I know what they told me, which is that beef & the other Type 3 proteins take longer to digest, so they're still "with you" at your next meal if you have them for breakfast or lunch. It's another of those things I'm not sure I buy into, but that's what I was told.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelle View Post
The Mini-crisps are these great little chocolate tasting things. They are the size and (multi) shape of Nerds (the candy), but they are chocolate flavored and wonderfully crunchy. They are a supplement and my center says you can only have them twice a week, subbing a creamy. BUT, I've heard others say they can have them everyday. I eat them usually 4 times a week because I love the sweet after dinner treat.

I've been SOOOO hungry this week, even right after I eat! I don't know what the deal is. This is the first time I've been hungry since starting in August. I think it is just hormones, but it is almost pure torture not to be able to grab something to shut my stomach up! I drink 5 HNS a day and more water than in the Great Lakes, so I know that isn't the problem! Argh!
I agree with the crisps! I do limit myself to 3 packs a week! It's that late afternoon snack for me when my kids are continually milling around the kitchen eating.

I have been the same way with wanting to eat this week. Not sure what is up with that but so far I have resisted!!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #265  
a work in progress

S/C/G: 218/-/145

Height: 5'2

Im half way through my first week and im doing pretty good so far. Went to WI and im down another 3lbs since friday making that a total of 6 since starting preconditioning on Sept 29th.

The only thing i have trouble with is not having dessert after dinner. I bought the jello HSN but im just not a huge fan of jello. But luckily i will be able to have my creamy soon so hopefully that will help. The other trouble i have is remembering to take my pills. I guess with time and getting into a routine I will do better. Im still at the beginning of things so I gotta remember not to be so hard on myself!

I hope everyone is having a good week and is stayin OP as much as possible
Old 10-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandid View Post
You can't have a ticker until you've been a member for around 20-25 days and have had like 30 posts or something. You add it under signature which I don't think shows up until you can have one. I just got mine about a week ago. Keep postin'
Old 10-08-2008, 10:29 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelle View Post
I had the same problem last week. It was right before my TOM. Have you tried a fiberfill? They taste really good (like punch) and help you not feel as hungry.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:33 AM   #268  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Cari! Congratulations on hitting the 20lb board!!
Lesset01 – I don’t think I could have resisted the chocolate fondue – there are just some things that are too much . . . even for the strongest!! Water, water & more water and some extra exercise. It will be off before you know it. But, did you have fun?? Hopefully, the focus was on the company and the food was a backdrop. And what a great idea on the Netflix. I would have never thought about that for exercise tapes. Thanks for sharing.
Rocki – congratulations on starting the training. You never see a runner with a bad body!
Denise – great job on picking up the exercise. This will help a lot with fat lose vs muscle. Plus, it’s a great habit to get into now.
Thelish – sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know exactly what you mean about being comfortable in a certain size. I seriously wanted to start stabilizing when I hit the 12/14 (especially since I started at a 24W). They really talked to me about healthy BMI, body fat % and how important it is to get into the zone of what your body should weigh. It makes it easier to maintain. Plus the health benefits – just 10 lbs over weight increases health risks. Now that I’m down to a loose 8, I’m honestly so much happier with how I look and more importantly feel. I feel so much healthier now and I still have some flab – which I hope will decrease with exercise over the next year. On the commute issue. Can you put an HNS in a water bottle and sip it all the way home? This might help take the edge off until you can get your meal cooked. I love the crisps – our Bellevue office does have them so the Omaha one should too. They are like rice crispies coated with chocolate. I use them in place of popcorn when I go to the movies. I eat one morsel at a time!
Hawaii – Good questions on the type 3 protein. I never got that either. It seems like a heavier protein in mid day would be better than the evening.
Brandid – Just give your body a little time to adjust. I find that I sleep better now, but I am very alert when I wake up. I think it’s the lack of carbs that raises the energy level and getting the caffeine dependence kicked.
Silverbelle – try drinking a fiber fill – that might help curb the hunger.
Cranberrie – the creamies will really help with your after dinner dessert cravings. Hang in there!
Have a good evening everyone!

Last edited by ShineOn; 10-09-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #269  

On the top of my green menu it says to use the chocolate soy crisps only 2 times per week. Dietdirect has the chocolate soy crisps on sale this week for 7.99.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #270  

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the support everyone. Also, thanks for the info on the crisps...now I know specifically what to ask for.

ShineOn - thanks especially to you for your thoughts, I need a little reality check on why I was doing all this

Have a great day all!
Closed Thread