Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #241  
Eyeball Checker

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

ShineOn Its great to see how my clothes fit better! I went out to eat at melting pot yesterday night to celebrate a friend's pregnancy and didn't do too good. It was chocolate fondue!!! So I'm a little frustrated b/c I weighed on my scale this AM and am up 3lbs. I know its mostly water but I'm still mad b/c it took me a week to lose it in the first place and somehow one meal made it all come back!! So i'm back OP today and i guess I'll just have to wait to lose it again. blah
Old 10-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #242  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been absent again! Work is VERY slow so I haven't even been there everyday and that's where I check in from the most.

I'm still not back to what I was a month ago before my NYC trip (have 1 more lb to lose). I've been up and down a pound for the last few weeks and hope to be back to 125.5 by Friday AM weigh-in.

I wanted to let everyone know I started Jewelie's "Couch to 5K" program that she told us all about (many months ago when she was on here all the time). I just started it today actually. I know that in the long run I will have to exercise more in order to have flexibility in my food choices. If I don't want to follow a strict plan forever I have to amp up my exercise regimen. I'm not saying I'm going to fall totally off the MRC wagon, but I know I won't be perfect and I want to be able to make good choices 90% of the time and for the rest I'll have the exercise to keep me healthy and pick me back up from the "off" choices. I talked to my center about it and they pretty much agreed that it will take that commitment of more exercise to give me more flexibility in my food choices.

So, I'm excited to say that I enjoyed the 1st day of training and am looking forward to doing a 5K either in December or January. I haven't found one in December yet, but there's one on January 25 that I might try (not sure yet b/c it's a HUGE one and I'd probably like to start a little smaller). I'll keep looking, but the training is to get you running a 5K (about 30 minutes) in 9 weeks time! Of course this is only day one, but still. I'm on my way. The 1st 3 days of training are a brisk 5-minute walk followed by alternating jogging for 60 seconds and walking for 90 seconds, adding up to 20 minutes of the jog/walk routine. For me to be able to run 60 seconds without passing out is an achievement in my mind. I get REALLY winded in my training sessions with the trainer and he said I needed to get my endurance up. So, there ya go.

I hope everyone is doing great! Congrats to all the big losers.

Last edited by Rocki; 10-07-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #243  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdy2Lose View Post
I went to WI yesterday and I lost just enough over the last week to get to sign the 20lb board! Wooo whooo! I'm happy about getting to that milestone.

***YEA*** Congrats!

lesset01
oh No!! I'm sorry your Melting Pot outing didn't really work. I haven't eaten there since starting MRC and guess I will avoid it.

Rocki Great to hear from you & I'm really excited about your new exercise plan
Old 10-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #244  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I wouldn't have done well at the melting pot, either. There are just some places I can't go unless I know I'll be going off plan. Hopefully it will come off quickly with drinking water. It only took me until this morning to "lose" about the same amount from a taco fiasco and a chips and salsa disaster on Sunday.

Tonight I tried on a pair of pants that I bought two years ago (couldn't button them then, and I had to use a safety pin to hold them together, but I was desperate), and I just tried them on again two weeks ago-- still a little too tight to wear in public, lol.

Anyway, I tried them on to wear to teach tonight, and they were PERFECT. I can't believe that just two weeks has made that much of a size difference. It's really shocking how fast this can go if you stay OP. I've lost two years of weight in 8 weeks. I thought my jeans were getting looser (just got into them two weeks ago), but I assumed they were stretching out a bit-- guess not!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #245  
Eyeball Checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtara84 View Post
I wouldn't have done well at the melting pot, either. There are just some places I can't go unless I know I'll be going off plan. Hopefully it will come off quickly with drinking water. It only took me until this morning to "lose" about the same amount from a taco fiasco and a chips and salsa disaster on Sunday.

Tonight I tried on a pair of pants that I bought two years ago (couldn't button them then, and I had to use a safety pin to hold them together, but I was desperate), and I just tried them on again two weeks ago-- still a little too tight to wear in public, lol.

Anyway, I tried them on to wear to teach tonight, and they were PERFECT. I can't believe that just two weeks has made that much of a size difference. It's really shocking how fast this can go if you stay OP. I've lost two years of weight in 8 weeks. I thought my jeans were getting looser (just got into them two weeks ago), but I assumed they were stretching out a bit-- guess not!
That's awesome! I'm back to being 100% OP and I'm hoping to have the same experience! I have so many jeans that I used to wear that I LOVED and now even getting them past mid-thigh/knee level is going to be a joke. Even if I put them on and they were tight I would be happy! haha. I'm back down 1.5lbs today so thats half of Monday night gone. I might delay WI for a day just to at least get me back to where I was before!!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
So, I'm excited to say that I enjoyed the 1st day of training and am looking forward to doing a 5K either in December or January. I haven't found one in December yet, but there's one on January 25 that I might try (not sure yet b/c it's a HUGE one and I'd probably like to start a little smaller). I'll keep looking, but the training is to get you running a 5K (about 30 minutes) in 9 weeks time! Of course this is only day one, but still. I'm on my way. The 1st 3 days of training are a brisk 5-minute walk followed by alternating jogging for 60 seconds and walking for 90 seconds, adding up to 20 minutes of the jog/walk routine. For me to be able to run 60 seconds without passing out is an achievement in my mind. I get REALLY winded in my training sessions with the trainer and he said I needed to get my endurance up. So, there ya go.

I hope everyone is doing great! Congrats to all the big losers.
Yo Rock! That is great, starting on the running plan.

I think it is something we should ALL strive to do. Ok, not necessarily the running (never been a runner my self).

Once we lose this weight, not only do we need to make the right food choices to keep it off, its good to develop a solid excercise plan! REMEMBER!!!! ---> If you have been doing 30 min of walking as your excerise, and have lost 20lbs over the last 3 months doing so, you are burning less and less calories in those same 30 minutes. Try increasing the time or pace every week, especially if you see weight/size loss! Just FYI!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtara84 View Post

Awesome about the clothes!! I know with me, I lost about 25-30lbs before I noticed much of a size difference. Then one day, boom, it just seemed to happen, things started to fit looser. Seems like the size losses just sneak up on you. 1 month ago I was happy to be comfortable in my older size 36's, now they are loose, and the size 34's I bought are comfortable.

AND DITTO on the EATING OUT!! I basically haven't in the past 100 days, because I know if I do, I will cheat. (Ok, I have eaten out, but I knew it was going to be bad boy time).
Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #247  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have stayed OP at Melting Pot either. The chocolate wouldn't have been my downfall....the cheese would have.

Things here are pretty good here. I am fully back on track after being on vacation. In fact on my home scale I have lost six pounds since returning home. I should be getting fairly close to signing the 30 pound board either Thursday or Monday when I go to WI.

The center has really been pushing exercise for me the past couple of visits and I am trying to implement it more than I was previously. I am trying to do a minimum of five days a week for 30 minutes.

Congratulations on all of the losses!!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #248  
Katie

S/C/G: 205/198/150

Height: 5 Ft. 4 In

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesset01 View Post
ShineOn Its great to see how my clothes fit better! I went out to eat at melting pot yesterday night to celebrate a friend's pregnancy and didn't do too good. It was chocolate fondue!!! So I'm a little frustrated b/c I weighed on my scale this AM and am up 3lbs. I know its mostly water but I'm still mad b/c it took me a week to lose it in the first place and somehow one meal made it all come back!! So i'm back OP today and i guess I'll just have to wait to lose it again. blah
Lesset01- I probably would have done the same thing if I had gone to The Melting Pot. It is one of my favorite places to eat! I think I would have caved on everything, the cheese, the bread, salad, and especially the dessert. It doesn't sound like it set you back too terribly. Hey, atleast you had fun. Good luck on getting back on OP.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Default hey Katie

Hey- my best friend is from Brunswick- Tyson Davis. He's my age so you may not know him. I love that area. We go down to Jekyll Island a good bit for weekend trips. Anyway, just wanted to say since you are not to far away!
Old 10-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #250  
Eyeball Checker

Yeah, I'm just gonna keep on trucking along. I've been avoiding going to restaurants like the plague, but there are times when you just can't avoid it and I'm not gonna spend $40+ just on me to eat salad and plain chicken!!! I'm glad I enjoyed myself and I'm proud that I'm back OP.

BTW I wanted to mention something that I discovered yesterday. I have Netflix and they have it where you can instantly watch some of their movies on your computer. I never really used it until I realized that I can instantly watch different workout videos online!!! So I don't have to use up one of my DVD slots and I get a whole library of workout tapes to chose from! Plus they have Jillian Michaels 30 day shred video and I was going to get that to "try it before I buy it."
Old 10-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Was down 2.5 at WI today, which was a bit of a surprise. I honestly think the extra protein and veggies I got Sunday (probably more like 10-12oz instread of 6, double veg's) really made my body happy, or kick started another loss.

Again we talked Stabilization today, and they told me that they monitor my weight throughout, some people lose, some gain, and we will just see how it goes.

Hope everyone has good WI's this week!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #252  

Height: 5'5

I've been missing in action for a while now and I need a little kick in the behind. I did so well this summer and have lost 30lbs so far, but since going back to teaching I have had a hard time following plan. Basically I do fine for breakfast, fine at lunch and then totally lose it by dinner (having a desire to eat everything in sight which I generally don't) I know part of the problem is the 1hour plus commute I have, and part of it is emotional eating, this year has been really stressful. My grandmother passed away two weekends ago and that was the end.

I'm trying to get back on track, but I need some help. Anyone have suggestions on the commute issue?? Also, I know part of my problem is that I am in a 10/12 right now and feel pretty good about myself therefore I don't have the "self-lothing" that motivated me in the beginning.

Thanks for reading and any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Default Beef question

Ok. I have a question. On the Type 3 protein, beef and shrimp and such, does anyone know why you can have it at dinner, but not at lunch?? I've never even paid attention to that until I turned in my food sheet today and she said something about it, because I ate a steak salad at LongHorn's on Sunday. She didn't really have a reason, so I was wondering if anyone knew.

Also, anyone use Ticker Factory that can tell me how to go in there and change my Halloween Ticker??

BTW, lost 2.5 lbs at weigh in today!! Woo Hoo!!

Thanks!

Last edited by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40; 10-08-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #254  
Katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Hey- my best friend is from Brunswick- Tyson Davis. He's my age so you may not know him. I love that area. We go down to Jekyll Island a good bit for weekend trips. Anyway, just wanted to say since you are not to far away!
HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 - I meant to tell you I got your private message from a few months back, but could not reply back as I was too new a member!! I do not know your friend, but I have only lived in the area for a little over 2 years now. I am originally from Atlanta. We really like it here. My husband is a project manager in the Sea Island Construction and Real Estate Development Division (that is how we got here .

Thanks for saying hello! I love it on this website watching all the progress!! Good luck to you!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #255  
Katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
I've been missing in action for a while now and I need a little kick in the behind. I did so well this summer and have lost 30lbs so far, but since going back to teaching I have had a hard time following plan. Basically I do fine for breakfast, fine at lunch and then totally lose it by dinner (having a desire to eat everything in sight which I generally don't) I know part of the problem is the 1hour plus commute I have, and part of it is emotional eating, this year has been really stressful. My grandmother passed away two weekends ago and that was the end.

I'm trying to get back on track, but I need some help. Anyone have suggestions on the commute issue?? Also, I know part of my problem is that I am in a 10/12 right now and feel pretty good about myself therefore I don't have the "self-lothing" that motivated me in the beginning.

Thanks for reading and any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
THELISH - I am so sorry about your grandmother passing. I know what a stressful time that must have been for you.

My commute is not nearly as long as yours, but I always use this time to suck down some water. It really fills me up and keeps me from going through the pantry and fridge when I get home. Also, you could try some of the mini crisps or use SHINEON'S idea of cutting a meal replacement bar into little pieces and snacking on one or two of the pieces. This may help curb your appetite a little bit and hold you over until you can get home and get dinner ready. I do feel your pain!!

That is so great that you are a 10/12....I can't wait to get there!! I am thinking maybe another 15 lbs and I am may be on the cusp of a 10/12.
Closed Thread