Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 234/seetracker/170

Height: 5'7

Default Thank you

Thank you everyone for your support, it is truly helping. Its just all those little things i've got to remember of what do i want more, a moment of satisfaction from that bite of something, or a lifetime satisfaction of being healthy and thin and feeling good about myself that i was able to accomplish this.. I don't think it helped that i quit smoking about a month ago, which unfortunatally i have started again. I've decided that I will quit smoking eventually, but I know that I can't do major lifestyle changes more than one at a time. I"m going to focus on this and then will focus on my smoking..

u Turn in progress and headed right back where i was
STARTING RIGHT NOW
Thank you so much everyone!

Last edited by LauraSerendipity; 10-13-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:33 PM   #347  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Lauraserendipity..Congrats on getting back on track. I haven't been around b/c I'm so off plan that it's not even funny. I'm stuck at almost 3lbs more than I was a month ago and can't seem to stay on track for more than 1-2 days. I wanted to comment on the smoking thing. While you KNOW it's very important that you quit smoking, I can understand that two MAJOR life changes at once is very difficult. I hope you get your weight off and then quit smoking ASAP (or before, if you can try again). I just thought I'd mention that the manager at my center is a smoker. She's lost over 115 lbs and still smokes. While I've never talked to her about it personally I imagine that losing the weight was difficult enough that quiting smoking was just not something she was ready for yet. Or maybe she's scared that she'll gain weight back (like you've probably had issues with or had problems continuing to lose b/c you weren't smoking anymore).

Know that we're all here for you and supportive in any way we can be. Keep up the good work by staying on track and look how far you've come already. I'm feeling all weepy and motivational tonight b/c I haven't done a darn good thing for myself but I'm hoping others will. Take care and quit as soon as you can. Imagine how great you'll look and feel both all thin and sexy and a non-smoker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraSerendipity View Post
Thank you everyone for your support, it is truly helping. Its just all those little things i've got to remember of what do i want more, a moment of satisfaction from that bite of something, or a lifetime satisfaction of being healthy and thin and feeling good about myself that i was able to accomplish this.. I don't think it helped that i quit smoking about a month ago, which unfortunatally i have started again. I've decided that I will quit smoking eventually, but I know that I can't do major lifestyle changes more than one at a time. I"m going to focus on this and then will focus on my smoking..

u Turn in progress and headed right back where i was
STARTING RIGHT NOW
Thank you so much everyone!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 183/173/141

Height: 5'6

I started today!

Last edited by Colleen2008; 10-13-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:20 PM   #349  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Thank you!!!!

I do feel amazing, and empowered!

Ok, some pointers.... hmmmm. I'll do my best.

Before I started MRC, I made a list of the things I wanted back.... the things I couldn't have by being the weight I was. It's been named my freedom list. So, whenever (and I mean whenever) something was getting to me (whether it be someone offering me food, or my mind playing nasty little games), I would pull out that list and decide which meant more to me.... eating off plan, or getting one of my freedoms back. It became about priorities and those "food" choices, were just not that important in the big picture. At first, it was hard and I literally would pull my list out and think "cake? or wearing my wedding ring"? so I carried my list everywhere and added to it often (still do actually). Eventually it became much easier.... I notice that when I'm tired, I lose some of my willpower but then all I do is to think about how wonderful my life is now with all of my freedoms and then, there's no question..... my life is so much more important that food.

Oh... speaking of being tired. Think of the acronym HALT. If you are feeling like eating off plan, say HALT and think this through.... Did you let yourself get too Hungry? Are you feeling Angry? How about Lonely? Or are you just plain Tired? Assess those things first. If you've gone too long between meals, or missed your HNS, maybe you just need a good healthy meal.... or you need an HNS to satisfy that feeling. If you are angry, or lonely.... get to the heart of that. Feeding those emotions, won't resolve anything. And finally, if you are too tired, get some much needed rest.

I hope those things assist. And remember, come here and talk! Sometimes, that's what you really need. Just an ear.
THANK YOU NAMASTE FOR TAKING TIME TO WRITE THAT. I want to print it out at work tomorrow. i am going to make a freedoms list too....and when i am tempted, look at it.....wow! that's good. thank you sooo much.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #350  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmitche View Post
THANK YOU NAMASTE FOR TAKING TIME TO WRITE THAT. I want to print it out at work tomorrow. i am going to make a freedoms list too....and when i am tempted, look at it.....wow! that's good. thank you sooo much.

You're welcome. I know you'll do great!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 319/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd finally post... I started MRC 4 weeks ago, today. At last WI (Saturday), I am down 21 lbs.

This board is awesome. There is so much support and helpful information - just wanted to say thanks.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:11 PM   #352  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd finally post... I started MRC 4 weeks ago, today. At last WI (Saturday), I am down 21 lbs.

This board is awesome. There is so much support and helpful information - just wanted to say thanks.
Welcome and CONGRATS!!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:38 PM   #353  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
I am brand new to this site and am encouraged to read all the posts. I could use some insight from the experienced folks here. I started the program 3 weeks ago. On week 1, I lost 7.5 pounds. Week 2 ( no cheating) I gained 2, then lost them. No further weight loss - keeping the plan religiously. Any ideas?
Also, did anyone experience a lot of gastric distress? My stomache is one the attack every day! YIKES
Thanks
Jaiden, hopefully you got a sheet at your food class that explained that almost everyone experiences their first plateau after the first week or two. It can take another week-10 days to break that plateau, and you break it by sticking with the plan. Not to worry - it's your body adjusting to this new way you're fueling it. Keep eating right, drinking your water, etc, and the weight will start coming off again.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #354  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen2008 View Post
I started today!
Colleen - Congrats on starting!! You'll find a lot of great ideas and inspiration on this board!!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #355  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

There are a lot of great losses continuing to be reported. Congrats to all of you!!!

Stuck in Grad School – Hang in there with the work situation. Sounds like you have figured out what is going on but it still makes it tough. Stay strong and don’t let it affect any of your goals.

Jaiden – Welcome to the board!

Angel – Welcome to you too! 21 lbs in 4 weeks is an AWESOME start!!!

Namaste – CONGRATS on the 140 lb board!!! What an inspiration you are to everyone!!

Tvmitche & LauraSerendipity – Congrats to you on your U-Turns!! Your decisions to start fresh will pay off!

dla - The 30 lb board is yours this week! Congrats!!!

I continue to plug along. My weight loss has slowed way down but I’m continuing to stay OP. My center yesterday told me that you can experience plateaus every 10 lbs or so. I haven’t experienced that frequent of a plateau in past weight loss attempts but this plan could be different.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:26 AM   #356  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Thanks so much for everyone posting their struggles this week, and Denise and others posting how they get through them. I've been in the same boat this past week, almost not even caring, which I do, but yet, I've allowed myself to eat homemade chocolate chip cookies that my husband and son made, pizza, just junk food. And you know what, I physically didn't feel good after putting all that stuff in me, especially the pizza! Looks like I've only gained a lb after all is said and done, but I needed to refocus, and get back to my walking. I really need a wake up as to why I walked into that center and why I want to lose this weight. I'm so glad ya'll are here!! Ya'll really help me to refocus!!
Now, on some NSV, this morning when I got up to get dressed for work, I put on a pair of pants that I hadn't worn in a while, and they were HUGE!!!! I walked out and showed my husband lauging, because I could literally pull them up to my chest!! Told him I guess I won't be wearing these anymore!!!! Amazing what 21 lbs will do. I still have some clothes that I've bought that I can't quite get into- guess I need to get on the ball and act like I'm back on day 1 with this plan!!!!!
Thanks for listening and being there. Congrats Denise on the 140 lbs board. That is AMAZING!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #357  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
I started today!

GREAT 1ST STEP.... Good Luck
Old 10-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #358  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

I also fell like I am in a big down fall... Not really being off program and not really OP.... Maybe it is the weather. We -r- starting to get fall weather and I know it can play ticks on you.
Also I have had a very sick child who has been having bad chest pain and she has low potassium The Dr said she has chest trauma and he said he has never seen it in a girl or a child of 11.
He said older football players get it when they get hit head on in the chest. And with her potassium being low he is doing a lot of test so maybe I am so stressed I am just eating eating and not even really thinking about it. We go back to the Dr. today to see if they have any new information. Anyways I am going to try to get back on the wangon... Wish us luck
Old 10-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #359  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
I started today!

Welcome!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:24 AM   #360  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post

If you go back and read old posts you will find tons of information that will be very helpful to you on this journey. Also, be sure to read Meemo's Newbie post and to look at the recipe thread. Both will come in very handy.
Closed Thread