Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Just a quick pop in. Just got back from wi . . . . . I lost 4 lbs since Monday (on week 3 of stabilization!) and I GOT TO SIGN THE 100LB BOARD!!! I'm officially at 101.5 lbs lost. It was awesome. The lobby was super crowded today & our 100 lb board is out of the hall & in the classroom. They had just started a new food instruction class, so I got to sign in front of about 10 new people. I hope that will give them the motivation during the rough patches. Not everyone knows about our amazing support group! Thanks group I couldn't have done it without all the support from this forum!!!
Congratulations Gina! You are an inspiration to everyone.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #302  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Just a quick pop in. Just got back from wi . . . . . I lost 4 lbs since Monday (on week 3 of stabilization!) and I GOT TO SIGN THE 100LB BOARD!!! I'm officially at 101.5 lbs lost. It was awesome. The lobby was super crowded today & our 100 lb board is out of the hall & in the classroom. They had just started a new food instruction class, so I got to sign in front of about 10 new people. I hope that will give them the motivation during the rough patches. Not everyone knows about our amazing support group! Thanks group I couldn't have done it without all the support from this forum!!!
Congratulations!!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Congratulations!!! I must have just missed you. I weighed in around 9:40. I'm hoping I'll run into you sometime. A friend of mine just got to sign the 100lb board last week too. You are such an encouragement!!
Old 10-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
WOW! Congrats! That is a huge weight loss in 4 days, ESPECIALLY with foods being added back in!

It seems to make since that with the extra food = more energy = more fuel to amp up the metabolism.

I think I may call them later today and see if I can start Stab monday. I was down .5 today, 3 for the week, and now only 3lbs away from my goal.

Just cannot decide if I want to be on stabilization during a wedding I am in, and a 5 day Vegas trip.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #305  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you!
Old 10-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #306  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Welcome back Crystal!

I made it to stabilization! Just week1. I am wearing a size 8 or 10 and I was starting to get so many complements. And then we had to put our dog to sleep this week and my 11 year old has been a basket case! So I have been emotional eating all week I think I have gained 6 pounds this week. I just cannot seem to get it under control. I need to get serious. So I am right there with you Crystal.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. That must have been extremely difficult, and I can understand why you've been emotional eating. Maybe you can try journalling about it all to see if you can get passed it? I've journalled often through this as a way to release the emotions. I feel for you.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #307  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Wow! We've had some great losses this week, and I'm excited to see Bonnie & Thelish are back! And congrats on starting stabilization, WorkingARMom. I'm so sorry about your dog--that would definitely trigger stress eating for me.

Just a quick update before I head to the snakepit, err...school. This has been a bizarre, maddening, insane, hilarious week. For starters, midterms are this week, which always makes for a tough week without any crazy outside influences. My boss, however, who has been growing increasingly unstable over the summer, flew off the deep end on Monday and just began randomly attacking all of the graduate students in the office. But rather than retreat to her office and lick her wounds after being confronted by the big boss, she just kept digging the hole deeper & deeper! I could barely function on Tuesday because there was so much adrenaline flowing through my veins, but everyone has been tip-toeing around all week. Her tirade lasted through Wednesday, and yesterday she swung into a passive-aggressive state.

I made a very good choice Tuesday, though--I really wanted to go to Chili's and have one of those blue margaritas that are so big you can do a backstroke in them, but I CHOSE to eat the MRC turkey lasagna and go to yoga. (Week 5 of yoga, btw, was GREAT. I am really getting a lot of benefit out of this!) Anyway, the point to this is that I have not had this difficult of a week since my first semester of grad school, but I have managed to stay on plan this week and actually have lost 2 lbs. I can only attribute this to having the lasagna already divided up into individual servings and waiting in my fridge.
Great, Great job on your choices!!! I'm so proud of you!
Old 10-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
Hello everyone! I'm back after falling off the wagon for about 2 months. I've managed to maintain where I was weight wise & lost a few more inches, but I gotta finish this and lose as much of this last 20 pounds as possible! I only have until November 7 before my contract is up!

I'm finding it really hard to be as motivated as I was in the beginning. I knew coming back here and being accountable to all of you would surely help me stay on track better. I've just gotten too comfortable I think once people started noticing the changes, I was too content... (which makes no sense - I SHOULD wanna try harder! What's wrong with me?)

So, here I am! I need you all! Help me help myself get skinny!!
I am new here, but you could lose that last 20lbs. in no time if you stay 100% op. This group is tremendously supportive.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

How does the fat/carb blocker work and when are you allowed to use it?
Old 10-10-2008, 04:19 PM   #310  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Gina - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so awesome. You are truly an inspiration to me!!
Old 10-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #311  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

GINA--WOW!!!! That is FANTASTIC
Old 10-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Gina-How awesome is that!? And what perfect timing that you would have the opportunity to show 10 newbies that the program does work!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Great, Great job on your choices!!! I'm so proud of you!
Thanks! I was pretty amazed when I realized that I had survived this week relatively unscathed.

I had a revelation after my morning meeting with my boss. She's been growing increasingly unstable over the past four months, and there have been some organizational changes at work during that time. I had realized during this time that she was becoming extremely possessive of me and had even started isolating me from some of her coworkers, but in a lightbulb moment today I realized that her beef with me is that she is intimidated by my weight loss! I just put it together that her attitude toward me began changing after I had been on MRC about a month.

She rarely has positive things to say, and she's said several snarky things about my sudden "weird/crazy" eating habits over the summer, but I had simply chalked these comments up to her being insecure about everything. But one of the things she did on her tirade was ban me from consuming any food at work, which was weird because I hadn't been consuming food at work. She became very defensive today, though, when I mentioned that I never bought snacks at the theater--she assumed I was criticizing her food choices, when I was simply saying that growing up my parents never let us have theater snacks and I now felt guilty for splurging on them!

I'm not quite sure how to go from here. I'm certainly not giving up my healthy eating habits for her, but for my own sanity I need to figure out a way to make her feel less judged/self-conscious about her own.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #314  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default I'm Baaaaack

I've been lurking/reading about everyones struggles and successes. It's probably been a couple of months since I posted anything here. Still going to the center about every 10 days to get weighed. I've gained about 4 pounds from my all time low weight by their scale. That's a pound a month gain!!!! Yikes. I am on maintenance I have a great fear of gaining my weight back.

Good to see you back Crystal, I remember you and I joined the same time. What if we have our own little "throw down"? That will give us some inspiration to be accountable.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 180/172.5/135

Height: 5'4

that is SOOOOO awesome ShineOn.. Congrats!!!!!

I'm tellin ya, I feel sooo much better after the whole detox thing that took over my body for days 1 trough 4.. Now on day 6 and on my second menu and I am down 5.5 pounds!!! WOOO WHOOO.... I had the hot choc. for the first time last night... and oh my gosh it was GOOD!!! Tonight I am going to try one of those premixed vanilla mixed in the blender with a little instant decaf coffee and a few ice cubes.. I think it is ok to do that.. Sometimes I get a little paranoid that I am forgetting some of the rules...
Closed Thread