Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #226  

Sharon and Bonnie ..... welcome back, I just recently came back too after a 6 month hiatus. It feels good to be back, it was immediately the end of my lack of accountability (which I obviously need).

Melanie .... I'm so happy for you --- you'll have to share your before/after pictures that your center uses. That's terrific.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #227  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
Was down 1.5lbs at WI Friday, so was able to get off the water weight, and have my first loss in 2 weeks. Self-inflicted plateau might have hidden a real plateau from last week.

Should I duck and run for cover since I lost weight after my blow up last weekend? Feel like I am the away team here!

They brought up stabilization again, but since I have 4 weeks left on my plan, I have decided just to see where my weight loss takes me. With 2 more weddings, and a week in vegas, honestly doubt I will reach 220lb, which is fine... As long as I am there at the END of stab.

I am getting my BF % and metabolism checked at the Fitness Center in a couple weeks... Not sure I trust old tanita for either of those.
You are trying to give me a run for my money with the trips, weddings, etc. I didn't aim quite as high as you did when I went to Vegas last weekend. I was gone for 4 days and gained 4 pounds. How on earth did you gain in the teens! You are such an over-achiever!

Like you, I am being realistic about all of the festivities. I have 3 more weekends out of town, then the next week is Halloween. Not sure I will make my 5 pound goal as I seem to gain 4, lose 4, gain 4, lose 4 each weekend I am away. But I am not going to get myself down, If I can maintain this month, i will be happy. That is a huge feat for me!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #228  
Shannon

JSTUCKLY
You look fricken fabulous! Sorry, just had to give you props!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #229  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Melanie: Congrats on being chosen by your center as a before and after....You deserve it!!!

YAY!!! Bonnie and Deb...so glad you two are back also! I have missed everyone!

Just finished dinner....I made it through my first day back without too many problems. I did have two creamies today, but at least it is better than having M&Ms! LOL
Old 10-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 242/See Ticker/175

Height: 5' 5"

Boy everyone is doing so good!! I finally got over my little .5 - 1 lbs. a week losses and lost 2 since my WI on Friday. They had someone in from one of the other offices training and she talked to me about making sure I drink my second HNS with lunch and not later in the day like I have been doing. I am going out of town from Sat. to Wed. for a work thing for two days and a little mini vacation with my husband the second two days. Of course we will be eating out all three meals!! I am not sure on my approach yet. I was hoping to be at goal by this weekend, but won't quite make it. I don't plan on being totally OP since this is my vacation and my dh is excited for us to be going out to eat!! I don't want to eat grilled chicken and veggies the whole time so I think I am going to mainly focus on portions and eating lighter fare. What do you all think? I did go ahead and buy the fat/carb blockers to take and I will do my HNS. I do know that I will be having schnitzle and spaetzle in Fredericksburg. I wonder if they have a childs portion, LOL.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:44 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 180/172.5/135

Height: 5'4

I'm almost done with menu number 1 !!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO WHOOOOO!!! I had a WI today on day 3 of the program and I am down 5 lbs!!! I couldn't believe it... I am so looking forward to the creamies coming up on day 5... It is soo funny the past few days I have had wierd food dreams!
Everyone is so great with encouragement, and all you guys look soo good with the before and after pictures.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:53 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey everyone! Sounds like everyone is doing awesome! Congrats on all the losses. I go in tomorrow am and hoping to break that 200 mark. They switched me over to the green menu on Saturday. Not sure about eating less protein but hoping it helps to make the jump in weight loss.
My NSV was resisting the DQ ice cream that my family decided they needed on Saturday night! Wow was that ever hard. I think that was the toughest yet.

Have a great tuesday!
Tina
Old 10-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #233  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Great job on the losses Cranberrie, 1 thinner me, bfatnomore, Heatherren & Nwarn
Lesset01 – I love how you are celebrating the losses in your clothing. Have you hit the baggy butt stage yet? There are a lot of those running around our center!!
Hey there away team . . . I mean SchoonCR :wink: I love your sense of humor – you cannot leave us once you hit goal weight. You have become a great source of knowledge and information! I can’t believe how fast you have hit your goal weight – great job!!
SIGS – interesting question on the corti-trim. I know I didn’t take it until the last couple of months. I was always really cold and I think that did go away when I started taking that and the MRC-6. I did run out about a month ago & didn’t replace them. I haven’t been cold lately, but I’m also getting to add back carbs now. My friend said her coldness went away when she started adding back carbs too. I’m just glad the coldness will not be a long term “skinny *****” problem So I guess I don’t know if it is a thermogenic or not.
Melanie! It’s so good to hear from you again. Congratulations on being an MRC poster child!! I’m really glad to hear you are doing so good on maintenance too.
Nwarn – it’s just detox and it will get better – promise!
Tkdtara84 – great NSV’s. I had to try on clothes every couple weeks. I did miss a whole size completely because I waited too long. It’s a great problem to have! At 202, you should be close to getting your new menu (4 oz vs 6 oz of protein). You’re doing great.
Cari – welcome back. Did you get to sign the 20lb board?
Sharon & Bonnie!!! There you are!! Welcome back. We’ve really missed you!! Post, post, post. I love reading about your journeys and I’m really glad you two are back with it!
Bfatnomore – have a great time in KC. I think the reason I’ve been able to stay on so long is because I allowed myself a couple off plan meals. The trick is to not do it very often. The whole 3 days to get back into fat burning mode theory.
Cowgirl76 – try to death by chocolate smoothy. I also cut up the mint chocolate meal replacement bar and freeze. A piece or two helps me with the cravings.
Tina – great job on resisting the DQ, you are doing an amazing job! I thought I would never get used to the drop in protein, but it only took a couple weeks to adjust. You’re doing great!

I’m still inching down the scale. I went for wi today and got my week 4 menu. Stabilization is going really fast. I just have to crank up the exercise now that I’m getting more calories. Plus, I really, really want to sign the 100 lb board. I’m completely satisfied with the size and weight right now, I’m just so close to the last milestone – just a pride thing I guess.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:24 AM   #234  
Auntie Weiz

S/C/G: 279/236/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Great job on the losses Cranberrie, 1 thinner me, bfatnomore, Heatherren & Nwarn
Lesset01 – I love how you are celebrating the losses in your clothing. Have you hit the baggy butt stage yet? There are a lot of those running around our center!!
Hey there away team . . . I mean SchoonCR :wink: I love your sense of humor – you cannot leave us once you hit goal weight. You have become a great source of knowledge and information! I can’t believe how fast you have hit your goal weight – great job!!
SIGS – interesting question on the corti-trim. I know I didn’t take it until the last couple of months. I was always really cold and I think that did go away when I started taking that and the MRC-6. I did run out about a month ago & didn’t replace them. I haven’t been cold lately, but I’m also getting to add back carbs now. My friend said her coldness went away when she started adding back carbs too. I’m just glad the coldness will not be a long term “skinny *****” problem So I guess I don’t know if it is a thermogenic or not.
Melanie! It’s so good to hear from you again. Congratulations on being an MRC poster child!! I’m really glad to hear you are doing so good on maintenance too.
Nwarn – it’s just detox and it will get better – promise!
Tkdtara84 – great NSV’s. I had to try on clothes every couple weeks. I did miss a whole size completely because I waited too long. It’s a great problem to have! At 202, you should be close to getting your new menu (4 oz vs 6 oz of protein). You’re doing great.
Cari – welcome back. Did you get to sign the 20lb board?
Sharon & Bonnie!!! There you are!! Welcome back. We’ve really missed you!! Post, post, post. I love reading about your journeys and I’m really glad you two are back with it!
Bfatnomore – have a great time in KC. I think the reason I’ve been able to stay on so long is because I allowed myself a couple off plan meals. The trick is to not do it very often. The whole 3 days to get back into fat burning mode theory.
Cowgirl76 – try to death by chocolate smoothy. I also cut up the mint chocolate meal replacement bar and freeze. A piece or two helps me with the cravings.
Tina – great job on resisting the DQ, you are doing an amazing job! I thought I would never get used to the drop in protein, but it only took a couple weeks to adjust. You’re doing great!

I’m still inching down the scale. I went for wi today and got my week 4 menu. Stabilization is going really fast. I just have to crank up the exercise now that I’m getting more calories. Plus, I really, really want to sign the 100 lb board. I’m completely satisfied with the size and weight right now, I’m just so close to the last milestone – just a pride thing I guess.
Gina I've been out of touch, off the board busy... Congratulations on almost being a 100# loser That is so awesome.

Congrats to everyone this last week. YOu are all doing awesome. I have to chat up on my reading . I went away for the weekend.. it was great to see my grand babies again.. I've got lots of catch upto do... No gains no lossess.. Hopefully will drop something this week.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:13 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 214.6/193/160

Height: 5'7"

Started Meta-Slim Plus Week One yesterday. Fought off hunger pangs with HNS. Went to grocery store and stocked up on fruits, veggies, salmon, and tuna. My chickens will keep me in eggs for the duration.

I wake this morning and step on the scale. Could I have lost four pounds in just one day? I don't feel like I've done anything special except go to the bathroom much, much more and followed plan to the T.

Woke with a slight headache and thought I should have a cup of coffee w/o the creamer. Then I had an HSN and....headache's a little better and I will NOT have the cup of coffee!

Last edited by Alloramadai; 10-07-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherren View Post
Boy everyone is doing so good!! I finally got over my little .5 - 1 lbs. a week losses and lost 2 since my WI on Friday. They had someone in from one of the other offices training and she talked to me about making sure I drink my second HNS with lunch and not later in the day like I have been doing. I am going out of town from Sat. to Wed. for a work thing for two days and a little mini vacation with my husband the second two days. Of course we will be eating out all three meals!! I am not sure on my approach yet. I was hoping to be at goal by this weekend, but won't quite make it. I don't plan on being totally OP since this is my vacation and my dh is excited for us to be going out to eat!! I don't want to eat grilled chicken and veggies the whole time so I think I am going to mainly focus on portions and eating lighter fare. What do you all think? I did go ahead and buy the fat/carb blockers to take and I will do my HNS. I do know that I will be having schnitzle and spaetzle in Fredericksburg. I wonder if they have a childs portion, LOL.
Not knowing where you will be eating, how about making a couple of your meals grilled seafood and steak. I find, at least personally, and I know everyone is different, is that I always see a good weight loss when I do at least 2 "beefs" a week, sometimes I do more and even though it's not allowed technically, it doesn't seem to effect me. Since your not planning to stick completly to the menu, I'd say make good choices with chicken, seafood, and beef, with grilled veggies. Best of luck and have a great time!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #237  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
JSTUCKLY
You look fricken fabulous! Sorry, just had to give you props!
I just ck out your pic.... Girl u r looking good. I can see how much your tummy has gone down....... U Go Girl
Old 10-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Hello everyone!!

Well....After being off plan for the past three months, I'm back OP beginning tomorrow. I did so well when I first began MRC but for some reason I just needed to take a break. I am recommitting myself to getting down to my original goal.
One good thing is I have gained only 5lbs so I haven't done too much damage.

Grad and Hawaii: Thanks for the encouraging PMs. Thanks for thining of me....You guys are great!
Thining of you? THATS THE SPIRIT!!! 5lb gain in 3 months, no prob. Probably water weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
Hi all! Well, I too have taken three months off and am back on the wagon again. I gained 7 while on my hiatus but deservedly so...because I mostly threw caution to the wind. I just can't do that anymore - it's how I got fat in the first place. So, I didn't learn my lesson yet so I'm back to finish up and lose 27 to hit my final goal. Glad to see so many of you still plugging along with such great success!
Caution to the wind, boy does that sound good right now. I think I can get away with eating bad, its just alcohol that does me in... Bloat city!

Taking that break can really recharge the battery, and prime the body for another good stretch of loses. NOT ADVOCATING THIS, but hey, if it happens, let's face it... Shaking the body up can help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
You are trying to give me a run for my money with the trips, weddings, etc. I didn't aim quite as high as you did when I went to Vegas last weekend. I was gone for 4 days and gained 4 pounds. How on earth did you gain in the teens! You are such an over-achiever!

Like you, I am being realistic about all of the festivities. I have 3 more weekends out of town, then the next week is Halloween. Not sure I will make my 5 pound goal as I seem to gain 4, lose 4, gain 4, lose 4 each weekend I am away. But I am not going to get myself down, If I can maintain this month, i will be happy. That is a huge feat for me!
Yeah, I'm a big boy... My muscle seems to grab water and hold it when I get too much alcohol or salt. Ugh.

I am hoping for some decent loses these 3 weeks (2 left) before I run into a 2.5 week stretch of 1 wedding/rehearsal dinner weekend, 6 days in vegas, and then a weekend diving in PC.

Just hoping that I gain lose any BLOAT from the vegas trip (oct. 21-26) before my Nov. 3 goal date.

Did good at this past weekends wedding, eating filet (prob 7-8ounces) and probably 12 ounces of veggies. Had a couple shrimp, and a couple scallops, but skipped all the alcohol, cake, chips, etc... Good is a relative term I guess.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #239  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Hi Auntie Weiz! It's good to see your face on the board again!! I'm excited about you getting started with our center. Our girls will hold your toes to the line!! Get ready to start losing fast!!
Alloramadai - Welcome to the group. Your first 10 days will be the toughest with detox. You are spot on with using the HNS. This will help curb the sweet tooth and it always helped me with cravings. Getting off the caffeine is the biggest accomplishment. And you very well could lose a lot over the first couple weeks. It sounds like your body is taking very well to the food plan.

Last edited by ShineOn; 10-07-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #240  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

I went to WI yesterday and I lost just enough over the last week to get to sign the 20lb board! Wooo whooo! I'm happy about getting to that milestone.

Glad that someone asked about coffee creamers in one of the threads. I've been missing my my morning coffee and didn't think I could do it without creamer. Sounds like there's some good options here. I'll put the vanilla splenda on my grocery list this week.
Closed Thread