Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #526  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Today was the day for me! I was a bit bummed last week because the center was changing my check in day so that changed my wi day. In addition to that, I usually wi in the morning and am now having to wi at night. Last week I was up 1 lb.. Well..... THAT LB IS GONE IN ADDITION TO A BUDDY AND A HALF TO GO WITH!!! So this puts me at 2.5 for this past week!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:18 AM   #527  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
I'm soooo far behind!! My mom -who's been sick with lung cancer, COPD, and emphasema for the last year- passed away on the 24th. I had to run to Shreveport again and fight with the boyfriend of two years about where she was and wasn't going to be burried. How much does that suck?
I was catching up on things and must say 3mm your sister needs to know you have a life! I drive a dealer car and when my kids or anybody want to eat in it I do freak out. Either they follow the rules or get another ride. The end. Also, my neice had gastric by-pass 9 years ago and still throws up if she eats more than a few oz. of food at each meal. You are sooo doing this the right way, so don't get discouraged. ShineOn you look great, you should be proud of all you've done and not sweat the off-plan moment. Angierue Love the new do! I've been thinking of doing something different too, but I'm a little scared that I'd go crazy and cut all of it off or dye it red or something. So i'm watining until a more sane time in my life. Donuts I'm so proud of you. I brought my DH to my last weigh in and showed him the poster of you and your family at the end of the hall. He's been very jealous of my online group. You look amazing and you are truly a poster child for this program, thanks for all your inspiration. Jewelie I hear you about the fat %. I am at 32%, but I'm down 9% and 39 inches since the beginning so I think the % are sometimes off.

The only good news I have is that I didn't gain any weight over the last month of **** with my mom in the hospital and stuff. And I get to stabilize at the next stabilization party in May. Thank god for good news.
So sorry about your mom , congrats on stabilization!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anner View Post
Hello Everyone,

I work with a couple ladies that have lost weight with MRC. One started about 7 months ago, and has continued to keep the weight off. The other just started. I'm really considering going for the free consultation. However I wanted to hear from you all if this program will teach you the tools to keep the weight off perminantly. I've read through most of you threads, and I noticed there are a lot of suppliments that are taken on this diet. Do any of you know if you will be dependent on those suppliments in order to keep the weight off?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!
No you dont have to take supplements to keep the weight off, you can get alot of them at places other than mrc alot cheaper, supplements are good for you but by the time you are in maintenance you will have more foods put back in your diet and wont have the need for many supplements. But some are good to take just because they are good for you.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:18 AM   #528  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Today was the day for me! I was a bit bummed last week because the center was changing my check in day so that changed my wi day. In addition to that, I usually wi in the morning and am now having to wi at night. Last week I was up 1 lb.. Well..... THAT LB IS GONE IN ADDITION TO A BUDDY AND A HALF TO GO WITH!!! So this puts me at 2.5 for this past week!
WOO-HOO I am doing a happy dance for you!!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:21 AM   #529  

Angie loved your pic!!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:22 AM   #530  

Gigi way to go! 2.5 lbs gone forever!!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:31 AM   #531  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Girls..What are you doing up so late??? Well, it's late here anywy.

Thank you ALL so much for the congrats on my 5 lbs. I even went to the gym tonight (first time in more than a couple of weeks I think) and did cardio for 55 minutes. I'm ready to go, get these last 17 lbs off quickly and then probaly do another 10 after that. If I can keep up just the 3 lbs average I'll be @ 120 in 9 weeks! OMG! That's July 2, just in time for a 4th of July BBQ and a bikini! COOL!

Cargirl..I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I hope things calm down for you and you have less stress in your life soon. I just can't imagine what you're going through, but thanks for posting and letting us know what's going on. Good job staying on track with your weight loss. I don't know how you do it.

Angieroo..Fat/Carb..Do you ever buy it anywhere else? I, too, take it with me all the time when I eat out b/c so much stuff has extra butter or oil in it. I LOVE the pic of you. Seriously, I hope this doesn't sound bad, but I would never guess you weigh what you do by looking at your pictures. You are so pretty. I can't imagine what you are gonna look like @ goal! You go girl with that 6 inches off your waist! Keep it up. The lbs will be falling off again soon!

Gmato4..Thanks so much. We can be weight loss "buddies". You follow me, I'll show you the way! (no donuts, okay?) I just noticed our heights and start/goal info being the same. That's great! And you're right..If I can do this, YOU CAN TOO!

I can't believe how far we've all come with this. Nickie, Crystal, Meemo (where are you??), snflrgrl, Msgigi, Exquisit..many more. I'm so glad I found this group. I know I say that all the time..But here's a true story..

When I saw the MRC ad in the paper I didn't even tell DH that I was going in for a consultation. I went to a diet doctor first and he was very upset about that. I decided that wasn't for me and then went to MRC (again, he didn't know). I told him (after the fact) that I REALLY wanted to join and his exact words were this: "We can't keep paying people to make you thin!" OMG! Yes, that's what he said. I KNOW I've tried a lot of stuff and I knew the doctor wasn't the choice for ME (it works great for others) and I REALLY wanted to do this. I finally just went in and did it without telling him. When I got home I accidentally (Freudian??) left the folder on the counter and he saw it. He wasn't happy, but I said I had to do something. I cried and said "You can't afford to have me gone either!"..Meaning, the fatter I got the more health issues I would have. I HAD to lose weight. My dad, brother, grandmother and both grandfathers have/had diabetes. Gma, Gpa, Dad & Bro also have high cholesterol. I knew I had to change my life. My step-dad and my grandpa passed away w/in the last year due to diabetes complications (well, gpa was almost 90, but it was a diabetic issue that really killed him). My step-dad was only 61 when he died March 2007.

Anyway..Not to sound so melodramatic, but this has really added years to my life. I just know it. If I had continued on I would have had full blown diabetes very young and battled that and many other issues way too soon!

Of course, DH loves the new me and is excited for my losses, but it was a hard sell to start with, thus the reason I'm so glad I found you all.

Okay..Take me off the stage now! UGH! I'm done. Have a great night (or morning) everyone.

Last edited by Rocki; 04-30-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:42 AM   #532  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
I am on day 4 today and weighed in with a 1.4 lb loss. I was down Friday after pre-conditioning loss of 3.2, so 4.6 lbs total in a week. I'm pleased
What a way to get started back on the plan! Nice loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Great photo and don't sweat the half pound. I too am up half a pound today! Water retention can get you!!!!
Thanks. Stinking water retention. I've been downing the water this evening hoping that it will flush away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anner View Post
I work with a couple ladies that have lost weight with MRC. One started about 7 months ago, and has continued to keep the weight off. The other just started. I'm really considering going for the free consultation. However I wanted to hear from you all if this program will teach you the tools to keep the weight off perminantly. I've read through most of you threads, and I noticed there are a lot of suppliments that are taken on this diet. Do any of you know if you will be dependent on those suppliments in order to keep the weight off?
I see several have already answered the "post plan supplement" question so I just wanted to say welcome and if you decide to join the plan, I think you'll be pleased. I've always been good at losing 15-20 pounds but I always end up putting it right back on (plus some). This has been the easiest plan to stick with and I'm down 31 lbs since I started pre-conditioning on 2/09/08. Even when I've fallen off the wagon, it's been easier to get back on track than ever before. The centers are awesome for face-to-face support and this place is AWESOME for online moral support. Whatever you decide, good luck to you!!

Quote:
I wouldn't be to worried about the 1/2 lb.. The inches alone are absolutly amazing. You are doing great! Love your pic.!! You have such a pretty smile!
Thanks. I've always thought my smile was my best feature.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:54 AM   #533  
Chillin' like a villian

Quote:
Doing the monkey dance for you!!! Kick butt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Angie loved your pic!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post

Angieroo..Fat/Carb..Do you ever buy it anywhere else? I, too, take it with me all the time when I eat out b/c so much stuff has extra butter or oil in it. I LOVE the pic of you. Seriously, I hope this doesn't sound bad, but I would never guess you weigh what you do by looking at your pictures. You are so pretty. I can't imagine what you are gonna look like @ goal! You go girl with that 6 inches off your waist! Keep it up. The lbs will be falling off again soon!

Of course, DH loves the new me and is excited for my losses, but it was a hard sell to start with, thus the reason I'm so glad I found you all.
I'm generally a night owl so I'm up late quite often. It's only 11:45pm here. Early!

I haven't bought it anywhere else but that's mostly because I haven't looked to see if I can find a comparable cheaper version. Might have to when this bottle runs out, though.

And I don't think your comment sounded bad at all. I've always thought the number on the scale was higher than how I looked but thought maybe I just had a much better self image than I should have!! I'm super stoked to see "who" I am at my goal weight. I might not even recognize myself!!

As for having the hard sell with the hubby... I think I would have had a hard time selling my husband on this as well. Fortunately he doesn't control my pocketbook these days. But I think he would have had the same reaction as your husband (about paying someone else to make me thinner). After I had been on the plan for a couple of weeks, we were having dinner and I mentioned that I had lost 10 pounds. His ever so supportive remark was, "Good. Let's just hope you can keep it up." The tone spoke volumes. It said, "We'll see how long before you give up on this one." Well I'm showing him. 31 lbs and counting!!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #534  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
I am feeling really low today. I gained 1.5 today. It is TOM. Work is stressful. And I am mad at my self for not staying on plan. I just want to go home and "eat worms" and have a pity party. Maybe just typing it here will make me feel better. My counselor reccommended reading "Potatoes not Prozac". I will have to look for it. Ok time to "Get over myself" and get serious about this again.
Hey... thanks for sharing that you are having a hard time, I am having an awful time. New job is great, but for some reason I haven't had a single day that I haven't cheated in over a week, and at my last wi on Saturday I was up 3.5. I feel very low and scared.

As to potatoes not prozac, I remember trying that plan. It's a diet book and I'm surprised someone would want you to read it... for one thing, you are supposed to eat a potato every night before bed as a part of that plan. That really doesn't fit with MRC's food plan at all, does it? LOL. Maybe there is other good info about brain chemicals in it? I would check for you but I think I sold my copy - I've been getting rid of a lifetime of diet books recently.

I hope to have a better day, I wrote myself a note about what I'm going to eat over the day, so hopefully that will help. I hope you have a better day too!! I'll be thinking of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Ohhh....I used to mow the lawn too. Now I live in an apartment so I need to walk everywhere instead. When I was pregnant I would push one son in the stroller for hours while I walked.

Cheer Up. It has nothing to do with you and when it is over you will see such a big jump that you will be so happy. You just have to keep the cravings in check, that's my problem. I don't crave any one thing, I just want to eat everything!
Jewelie, what do you do when you have cravings? I seem to just be giving in to them, not really a help... thanks. My new job is on 2 floors and we take a lot of stairs and walk a great deal of the day. I thought of you as I was dashing about yesterday! (My legs hurt!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Hang in there! I have the history of being a horrible dieter before MRC. If I can do this, you can too!
<snip>

Hang in there! I know you will get over the hump......I am sending you good vibes for staying 100% OP this week!
I know this wasn't for me, but I'm taking it! LOL. I too have a history of being a horrible dieter. The first day in the 100 days of dieting book says to say, I used to be X but now I am Y. I'm working on that... I used to be awful at dieting, but with MRC I have been very successful. ...

I really want this to work ,and I know that it can. I just don't know why I keep sabotaging myself. Not just with MRC, but anytime I get past about 20 pounds I seem to do myself in. I think I will journal about that today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Thanks for the hair compliment. I actually like going when I'm feeling all "crazy". I usually end up liking it way better. Of course, you really do have to trust your stylist if you're going to do that!
Angierue, you look beautiful!!!!

Quote:
As for having the hard sell with the hubby... I think I would have had a hard time selling my husband on this as well. Fortunately he doesn't control my pocketbook these days. But I think he would have had the same reaction as your husband (about paying someone else to make me thinner). After I had been on the plan for a couple of weeks, we were having dinner and I mentioned that I had lost 10 pounds. His ever so supportive remark was, "Good. Let's just hope you can keep it up." The tone spoke volumes. It said, "We'll see how long before you give up on this one." Well I'm showing him. 31 lbs and counting!!
Isn't it amazing how people in our lives can really drag us down? My BF is pretty supportive, but I remember my ex always used to complain about my being fat, and then when I'd start a diet, he'd buy me a Whitman's Sampler...talk about sabotage. And when I was in OA, and not eating flour, that is when he started baking cakes and pizza from scratch... "for the kids" LOL. I need to get back some of the moxie I had in those days. I lost all my weight back then, baking or no baking... I can do this!

Gotta go get ready for another day at the new job. I made my lunch, and I'm about to buzz my cottage cheese and lemon chiffon and take it to work too. Am having an HNS this morning. Yesterday I had my breakfast at about 6 AM and by the time work started (9 AM) I was ready to eat anything in front of me...
Old 04-30-2008, 08:16 AM   #535  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Gigi way to go! 2.5 lbs gone forever!!
You are always so supportive of us all! I just wanted to say, its great to see how well you are doing and all the wonderful things you are finding to cook on the plan. I need to work on that.

Thanks for being there...
Old 04-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #536  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
You are always so supportive of us all! I just wanted to say, its great to see how well you are doing and all the wonderful things you are finding to cook on the plan. I need to work on that.

Thanks for being there...
Your welcome I wish I knew where to tell you to draw strength from, its in there, you just got to pull it out of you. Make mini goals. This is the week I am not cheating. When you are about to grab something to put in your mouth remind yourself, oh yeah not this week, Im not cheating this week. For seven whole days I am not cheating, I made a deal with myself, and then don't cheat. At the end of the week if you feel you still need something then maybe allow yourself something, the next day start again, this is the week I'm not cheating, If I need something at the end of the week I can have it but not today. Might see if that helps, I know you are having a really hard time with this. Your strong enough to get out of a bad marriage, strong enough to get out of a bad job into a new one, your strong enough to control your food, I know you can.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #537  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Quote:
Alright, little me update. I weight to weigh in this morning and I was actually UP 1/2 a pound. I was a little bummed about that but after reading about the cukes and cottage cheese, I might know why! I'm going to do a B6 flush (someone asked about that... I do 250mg and take 4 pills all at once then drink a LOT of water) tomorrow.

But, while I was there, I asked to look at my chart and wanted to look at my inches. I then realized that I have lost SIX inches just in my waist. SIX INCHES! That's 1/2 a foot! That made me feel a lot better.

I also got them to email me the picture from when I signed the 30 lb board. I normally HATE full body shots but for some reason, I don't hate this one so thought I would share with y'all.

That's about it for me. Hope everyone has a great week and we all have some big losses!
ANGIERUE:

What a great picture! You look so happy with your progress. 6 inches is half a foot! That is fantastic! That 1/2 lb will come back off, along with more! Just keep trucking...and maybe back off on the cukes. Isn't it the pits that veggies can cause water retention???
Old 04-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #538  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post

Thank you ALL so much for the congrats on my 5 lbs. I even went to the gym tonight (first time in more than a couple of weeks I think) and did cardio for 55 minutes. I'm ready to go, get these last 17 lbs off quickly and then probaly do another 10 after that. If I can keep up just the 3 lbs average I'll be @ 120 in 9 weeks! OMG! That's July 2, just in time for a 4th of July BBQ and a bikini! COOL!

Gmato4..Thanks so much. We can be weight loss "buddies". You follow me, I'll show you the way! (no donuts, okay?) I just noticed our heights and start/goal info being the same. That's great! And you're right..If I can do this, YOU CAN TOO!

I can't believe how far we've all come with this. Nickie, Crystal, Meemo (where are you??), snflrgrl, Msgigi, Exquisit..many more. I'm so glad I found this group. I know I say that all the time..But here's a true story..

When I saw the MRC ad in the paper I didn't even tell DH that I was going in for a consultation. I went to a diet doctor first and he was very upset about that. I decided that wasn't for me and then went to MRC (again, he didn't know). I told him (after the fact) that I REALLY wanted to join and his exact words were this: "We can't keep paying people to make you thin!" OMG! Yes, that's what he said. I KNOW I've tried a lot of stuff and I knew the doctor wasn't the choice for ME (it works great for others) and I REALLY wanted to do this. I finally just went in and did it without telling him. When I got home I accidentally (Freudian??) left the folder on the counter and he saw it. He wasn't happy, but I said I had to do something. I cried and said "You can't afford to have me gone either!"..Meaning, the fatter I got the more health issues I would have. I HAD to lose weight. My dad, brother, grandmother and both grandfathers have/had diabetes. Gma, Gpa, Dad & Bro also have high cholesterol. I knew I had to change my life. My step-dad and my grandpa passed away w/in the last year due to diabetes complications (well, gpa was almost 90, but it was a diabetic issue that really killed him). My step-dad was only 61 when he died March 2007.

Anyway..Not to sound so melodramatic, but this has really added years to my life. I just know it. If I had continued on I would have had full blown diabetes very young and battled that and many other issues way too soon!

Okay..Take me off the stage now! UGH! I'm done. Have a great night (or morning) everyone.
Thanks for sharing. I'm a lifetime WW member, but haven't seen my goal weight since 1991. I've done South Beach (got bored with it) and WW again but couldn't follow them through. I think this forum has really helped me stay with the program. Everyone is so great about answering questions, offering suggestions, and even "gently scolding" when needed. My DH thinks I'm addicted to this forum, but is really happy I am following this through.

Thanks for the offer to be my weight loss buddy. I'm taking you up on that!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #539  

Default posting

Does anyone have problems with posts not showing up? I've had a couple I've written to the main group and a few private posts (sorry Jeannie, Diana and Jewelie) not show up ... and I don't understand why ... It looks as if they're going through, then nothing shows up. After trying a couple times I just give up ... so I sent encouraging words to probably most of you and they didn't come through -- just know my good thoughts are with you all!

Mirihawk .... I know how you feel, I've been "messing" around the past month or so, haven't lost anything ... I've recommitted myself with a "letter to self" and the 21-day challenge (setting goals and plans every 3 days). I have to get this last part off and get to stabilization and maintenance!! I know I will, it's just frustrating that I'm sabotaging myself after all this time!! We WILL get over this rough little patch.

Angierue ... love the picture!!

Jeannie ... yay to 2.5 after a change in WI times ... I know that was tough!

Jewelie ... I think I heard you in a "walking" class when I was in Monday night -- was it you?

Meemo ........... car 54 where are you??

Bomaze ... hang in there, you've done great so far!

Donuts .... I don't even know what to say to you anymore --- 7.5???????? YIKES!! You are amazing. I imagine you'll be in a commercial soon!! Can't wait to see it.

Gma to 4 ... as a former compulsive WW joiner, I relate ... it just never worked for me, because I didn't make good point choices. (operator error) I need the structure of MRC because of my own personality.

And everyone else who I forgot --- woo hoo everyone is doing so well, it is very encouraging to read. I read everything, even though I don't post a lot.

For me, I know the key is perserverence. You are all a great inspiration ... thank you.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:35 AM   #540  
Chillin' like a villian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
I hope to have a better day, I wrote myself a note about what I'm going to eat over the day, so hopefully that will help. I hope you have a better day too!! I'll be thinking of you.

I really want this to work ,and I know that it can. I just don't know why I keep sabotaging myself. Not just with MRC, but anytime I get past about 20 pounds I seem to do myself in. I think I will journal about that today.
Plan, plan, plan! That note about lunch is a great idea. And believe me... I know all about busting past that 20 lb mark. Just remember (and I believe someone else said it earlier)... It's not about being perfect. There's no way we'll be perfect. But you have to get back up and dust yourself after you've fallen. You are worth this and you do deserve it!

Quote:
Your welcome I wish I knew where to tell you to draw strength from, its in there, you just got to pull it out of you. Make mini goals. This is the week I am not cheating. When you are about to grab something to put in your mouth remind yourself, oh yeah not this week, Im not cheating this week. For seven whole days I am not cheating, I made a deal with myself, and then don't cheat. At the end of the week if you feel you still need something then maybe allow yourself something, the next day start again, this is the week I'm not cheating, If I need something at the end of the week I can have it but not today. Might see if that helps, I know you are having a really hard time with this. Your strong enough to get out of a bad marriage, strong enough to get out of a bad job into a new one, your strong enough to control your food, I know you can.
Very awesome words of wisdom. Kind of goes along with what we have been discussing in the Behavior Modification classes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
ANGIERUE:

What a great picture! You look so happy with your progress. 6 inches is half a foot! That is fantastic! That 1/2 lb will come back off, along with more! Just keep trucking...and maybe back off on the cukes. Isn't it the pits that veggies can cause water retention???
Yeah, this water retention is for the birds! I've also been a little crampy so I just know that TOM is coming too in a week or so and that means even more water retention. Blah!

I was actually down on the home scale this morning so hopefully I can continue that trend. I think I'm going to wait and go weigh in on Saturday morning. Apparently they have a "breakfast in a bag" in thing this month and if you come weigh in on Saturday you get an HNS and a MRB. I'm all about the free stuff!
Closed Thread