Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 08:53 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by singalong View Post
I weighed in today for a .5 loss. I complained about being hungry because I started running!!!!!! I ran a mile yesterday and a mile today. I figure it is the only way I am ever going to get into stabalization. She did a body comp and said I am basically ready. The numbers are on the high side, but in the healthy range. 24 BMI and 26% body fat. She made an app. for me on monday to review one last time and make sure everything went down just a tad. Then the class is on Thursday!!!! I am not down to my goal weight but I could be by the end of stabilization. I can't believe I might be there. It has been a long, but worthwhile journey. You all are going to get there so soon. This was my first day without hoodia. Ugh...it was hard. I bought the fiber drinks to try to help. Happy to hear everyone is doing well. GOOD LUCK!!!
I am so happy for you.....and a little bit jealous. Great JOB!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #452  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

AWESOME !!! That one pound is peanuts. You'll get that no problem! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
MRC Hoodia's last formula contained cayenne pepper as it's thermogenic. MRC's current formula doesn't contain cayenne pepper. I'm not sure if it has any thermogenic properties now.

Yes, Sea Thin has Non-stimulating thermogenic properties that specifically target the white fat around your abdominal organs. I think it works great!

Oh, by the way, I WI today and lost 7.5 pounds since my last WI!!!
I got to sign 2 boards, The 150 and the 155 pound boards!!!

I'm only 1 pound away from ONE-derland!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #453  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post

I had a really good weekend. Stayed OP! Went to WI today...was down 2 1/2! I can feel that 20 pound board calling my name!!! I wasn't expecting that big a loss - but I will take it and not look back!
I was wondering where you were and how you were doing. 2.5 lbs. is terrific...Keep that up and you will be signing that 20 lb. board in no time. This was the first weekend I felt like cheating, so staying OP is great and look where it got you!

Old 04-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #454  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey Redgirl!!! 20 inches is phenomenal. You should be very proud. The scale will move next time! I'm gonna have to try the strawberry banana jello. I tried to cut my creamies, but only seem to last a couple of days. This may help some. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl View Post
Congrats to Ms. Jennifer, Christie, and WorkingARMom on your losses. This is the 2nd time I tried to post my congrats to you! The first didn't take!
Keep up the good work!

I WI today, no loss. I got measured for my 30 day measurement. I have lost 14 lbs and lost 20 inches! I am pretty happy with that overall. Being able to come here and read and post has made all the difference! Thank you to everyone on this board! I appreciate you all for sharing your experiences and letting me learn from you.

Memo- I picked up the Divinci sugar-free Caramel syrup and put it in my oatmeal and cottage cheese. It was YUMMO! I also picked up the Irish steele cut oatmeal. I can't wait to try it!
I am cutting back on creamies to hopefully increase my "fat burn", so I have been having the strawberry-banana jello. It is really good. I have it at lunch with sliced strawberries!! I wanted to mention it incase anyone is looking for a new or different treat!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #455  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
I was wondering where you were and how you were doing. 2.5 lbs. is terrific...Keep that up and you will be signing that 20 lb. board in no time. This was the first weekend I felt like cheating, so staying OP is great and look where it got you!

Hey!!! How are you? I've been kinda busy. Still trying to get into a routine with the kids since my hubby started working nights. I usually just lurk long enough to scan over the pages that seem to accumulate in a single days time! LOL Almost time to go walk on the treadmill - I need that next board to have my name on it!

I think the "designated cheat day" worked like reverse psychology on me. Giving myself the permission, made me not want to be so rebellious... maybe...

Last edited by blueyedangel; 04-28-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #456  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Darren...what can I say...but ....awesome job! 7.5 pounds in 1 week!
Where do I find sea thin and goji juice? I want both
Old 04-28-2008, 10:26 PM   #457  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Ok, here I go.....

I am having some issue with pictures. I really really want to post mine here and I will, tonight. Here is what I'd like to discuss. I have my before pictures from MRC. I have a picture taken at 70lbs lost, and I had my husband take one last night at 90lbs lost. I am feeling good, when I look at myself I feel like "yeah, I'm doing this" BUT then... I look at the picture and I don't see the difference. I'm really bothered by this. Come on, 90lbs! I should see a big difference, but when I look at those pictures I just feel so HUGE still. And, I'm not living in some fantasy land. I know I have some way to go, and I'm feeling really positive about it. Don't get me wrong, I don't want anyone to think I'm sitting here, having a pity party or crying in my soup or anything... I'm just totally bothered! What is everyone's thoughts. When you look in pictures, do you still see the old person still?
Hi Denise! Yes, I'm really behind right now. I have the same problem with body image. What really hit home with me was when the consultant held the measuring tape around my waist and had me pull it out to where I used to be. Mind blowing! Now, when I look down at my stomach, I can visualize where it used to be and it helps a lot.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:58 PM   #458  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
I know that various centers use different "rules", but I was curious about the tomatoes in cooking. We are told repeatedly that we cannot use canned tomatoes, nor can we cook fresh ones (because they convert to sugar when cooked, being a fruit -- it had nothing to do with the sodium, only the sugar). For chili, we were told we could use fresh tomatoes, and add them when the chili was done cooking -- like a topping.. (Same with the beans, also converting to sugar.)...
I never even asked! I cook my tomatoes quite frequently, havn't noticed any difference! I will have to keep an eye on that! I love the cooked tomatoes in with some bok choy with my chicken! HMMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
I took the day off b/c I just needed a day to sleep in and get over my weekend, is that lame? I went to wi and I've lost 2 more pounds!!! ...
I am so happy to hear that things worked out with your van! Congratulations on the 2 #'s, that is fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
Oh, by the way, I WI today and lost 7.5 pounds since my last WI!!!
I got to sign 2 boards, The 150 and the 155 pound boards!!!

I'm only 1 pound away from ONE-derland!!!
That is amazing Donuts! Congratulations! Enjoy your stay in ONE-derland! I tell you, this 3 layer fat thing with women, whats the deal. My husband is loosing really fast too! He was so excited the other morning, from last Wed. to this past Sat., he lost 6 #'s. I think he is at like 30 lbs in 32 days! Super amazing!

CONGRATULATIONS ON SIGNING 2 boards! How exciting!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:23 AM   #459  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Wink Think I'm caught up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
:Hey, where the heck is my ticker???
Good luck at wi tomorrow! Sending good vibes your way! I'm waiting on my ticker too! Not quite 30 days for me yet though! Think my first post was Apr. 02! Don't feel bad, we will figure this out, I didn't see a spot for signature either! I am sure all here will have some insightfull info.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
Ok, so I took Nickie's advice and made a buffalo burger.
OK, think we were on the same sheet of music today! I had a buffalo burger for dinner - was delicioso! Did mine a little different though! Had half on my slice of bread and wrapped the other half in some lettuce with some mustard and tomatoe! Making ground with the rest of mine for a stuffed bell pepper tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singalong View Post
24 BMI and 26% body fat.
Your numbers are amazing, CONGRATULATIONS, that is fantastic! Good luck, stabalization is yours baby!

Quote:
I had a really good weekend. Stayed OP! Went to WI today...was down 2 1/2! I can feel that 20 pound board calling my name!!! I wasn't expecting that big a loss - but I will take it and not look back!
Good job lady! You are doing great! Before you know it, you will be up on that board!

Hope I didn't miss anyone! All are doing so great! You are all my inspiration! Sorry if I am short tonight, I am really exhausted, didn't sleep last night! As you all know, I am on the road for work, ran out of my scrip for arthritis, got it pretty bad in my knees, back and hands! Was up off and on all night last night! Went and picked up some of that new Tylenol for Arthritis to try! On top of it, I have a headache! Time to call it quits for the night!

Hole bunches of GOOD VIBES coming your way to all that will be weighing in tomorrow! You all are heaven sent! Sleep well, considering most of you are probably already in bed with me being in WA! Seems like I stay one step behind all for the time being!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:49 AM   #460  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Darren...what can I say...but ....awesome job! 7.5 pounds in 1 week!
Where do I find sea thin and goji juice? I want both
You can get Sea Thin at General Nutrition Centers (GNC) for less than 40 dollars. They are also on-line. With membership, you can get a 20% discount the first week of every month or any day if you sign up as a new member.

You can get Goji juice at most health food stores. I buy 100% Goji Juice (32,000 mg per oz). There are a lot of Goji juices out there that are blended with other juices to make it taste better. I prefer 100%. Also, make sure you cut your starch/bread in half for the meal you take with Goji, because the added carbs could slow your weight loss. 1 oz of Goji has about 7 grams of carbs. A piece of low cal tortilla has about 14 grams of carbs. If you notice a slow down on your weight loss, you may want to hold off on Goji Juice.

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 04-29-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:01 AM   #461  
Super Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Ohhhh, how sweet. My DH got a good belly laugh out of the WWDD! Thanks for enlarging those before and after pictures. WOW! That is really dramatic! You don't even look like the same person and where did that blonde hair come from? Are you hitting the bottle of hair dye that is! I'm sure it's from all that Colorado sun you're soaking up. Anytime you're near Omaha, you always have a place to call home! I'm a little jealous, they made me give up my Goji juice at the center. Now that I'm close enough to goal weight, I'm going to start adding it back in. It really does stablize your blood sugar as well as a lot of other health benefits. I think they made me cut it out because I was having problems losing fast in the beginning, and they just didn't understand what it was. I have two bottle in my pantry just calling out to me. Have you heard about the new GoChi? It's the next generation of goji juice. Well, I hadn't signed on since the 22nd and we're already 28 pages into a new thread!! I'll try to catch up. Did wi on Thursday and was down 4 lbs - that puts me right back at the 187.5 that I was at 2 weeks ago. Back in the right direction!!
I think it was the lighting that made my hair appear blonder

I am so happy that you had a great WI! Congrats on the 4 pounds gone forever!!!

I can't believe I lost 7.5 lbs, exept it was after a 1.5 lb gain on the previous WI and a little plateau. Don't you just love the big losses after a plateau? I really can't wait to be in ONE-derland with you! You are so close to your goal weight and stabilization.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:36 AM   #462  
Super Maintainer

Hey Everyone

Thank you so much for all the positive comments you post that always fuel my fat burning fire!

Funny, on one of the questions I had at my last measurement, it asks how will you feel when the positive comments about your weight loss stop? It's a very good question to think about. I know for me, I get energized from all the positive comments about my weight loss. It helps me stay motivated. Will I slowly go back to my old unhealthy lifestyle once all the fuss about me is over? I really don't believe it will. I have been trying to listen to my positive inner voice to keep me in check. That positive inner voice has gotten louder and louder as I live the healthier lifestyle. What I say to myself means more to me than what others are saying. I say things like, "Nothing truly tastes as good as thin feels!" Don't get me wrong, positive comments will always be appreciated, but to live and maintain a life long healthy weight I must rely on my own positive self talk. What do you think?

I just finished my first week of stabilization! The first week of stabilization entails adding an extra starch/bread for lunch on 3 of my 7 days. You are given a new list of starch/bread selections. I chose 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal for my first day, and pretzel sticks and animal cracker for the other days. I decided to have these extra carbs on my cardio workout days (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) for extra energy. It really paid off. I pushed myself harder for a greater intensity workout. Those extra calories gave me the needed extra boost.

For the second week of stabilization, I get to add a fruit for breakfast on 3 of the 7 days. The list of fruits include banana, grapes, raisins, mango, cherries... I haven't decided if I will have the fruit on weight training or cardio workout days. I still get to have the extra starch/bread for lunch as mentioned above. I think I'm leaning towards the weight training days to balance things out.

I hope you all are motivated to stick it out til stabilizatioin. Believe me, it will happen before you know it! Stick with the shrinkin thinkin and stay away from the stinkin thinkin. Which reminds me, where is JanTdieting? I miss her!

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 04-29-2008 at 06:02 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:53 AM   #463  
Super Maintainer

Quote:
I had a really good weekend. Stayed OP! Went to WI today...was down 2 1/2! I can feel that 20 pound board calling my name!!! I wasn't expecting that big a loss - but I will take it and not look back! [/COLOR]
I am so glad to hear you had a good OP weekend!
Congrats on the 5 fists-o-fat (2 1/2 pounds) gone.

blueyed, listen to the 20 pound board. It wants you to sign it real bad. You can do it!!!

BTW, I love your quote at the end of your posts. So true for us all.

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 04-29-2008 at 04:29 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:24 AM   #464  
Super Maintainer

3MM~ I made the awesome chili recipe. It was so so delicious!! I found the salt free Williams Chili seasoning mix at Safeway. You are an awesome cook/chef!!! THANKS
Old 04-29-2008, 04:27 AM   #465  
Super Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I am so happy for you.....and a little bit jealous. Great JOB!
Jewelie, don't be jealous. With the way you are going, you will be on stabilization very soon!!! Keep it up!
Closed Thread