Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 04:58 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 195/145/128

Height: 5/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
7.5 miles?? I would be dead on the side of the road. No way could I walk that far, boom, back to back like that, nope, I don't know how you do it.
I second that. I am proud of my 1 mile run and that is PUSHING IT!!!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by singalong View Post
Hey..... I will see you at the class if not this one definatley the next. We are going to do this together!!!!! Jenn
Thank you for the confidence. I really feel better about this now.....I haven't been hungry in the last couple days and I do feel better.

I am hoping that my body comp next week will allow for Thursday's class. Wish me luck. Gigi thinks I will make it.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #483  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Jewelie: That 7.5 mile walk sounds like so much fun. I love stuff like that, but I don't want to do it alone. My husband would check me into the nearest looney bin if I asked him to come along. So if I'm not doing classes at the gym, I mow the grass. I love doing that while listening to my Ipod. It's pretty relaxing. That's why I won't let him get a riding mower.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #484  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I heard this today. I was asking about water retention.....I was told that turkey deli meat, cucumbers, celery and cottage cheese can all cause water retention. Also in the list is canned tuna fish as it has a bit of sodium as well.
Yikes! I put cucumbers on my salad almost every day. I eat tuna a lot and I eat cottage cheese a lot. Oh well.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

I am feeling really low today. I gained 1.5 today. It is TOM. Work is stressful. And I am mad at my self for not staying on plan. I just want to go home and "eat worms" and have a pity party. Maybe just typing it here will make me feel better. My counselor reccommended reading "Potatoes not Prozac". I will have to look for it. Ok time to "Get over myself" and get serious about this again.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #486  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl View Post
Cottage cheese tends to have a lot of sodium in it. that's the only thing I can think of. You might make the french toast for breakfast. You can make it in advance and keep in the fridge. Congrats on the 2 lbs loss!
Ah-Ha--I didn't realize that but after you posted this, I checked the label & you are certainly right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I heard this today. I was asking about water retention.....I was told that turkey deli meat, cucumbers, celery and cottage cheese can all cause water retention. Also in the list is canned tuna fish as it has a bit of sodium as well.
Wow! Good to know. Thanks for posting this list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
I am feeling really low today. I gained 1.5 today. It is TOM. Work is stressful. And I am mad at my self for not staying on plan. I just want to go home and "eat worms" and have a pity party. Maybe just typing it here will make me feel better. My counselor reccommended reading "Potatoes not Prozac". I will have to look for it. Ok time to "Get over myself" and get serious about this again.
I know exactly how you feel. April has been just miserable for me as far as losing goes. I have stayed OP but at times, I've almost felt hostile about the diet because I haven't been steadily losing. The "bad" me thinks that if I'm eating OP and not losing or even going up on the scale then why not just eat what I want? I am going to be measured on Friday and I'm hoping that will put the month into perspective. I truly understand how you're feeling!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #487  
Ms. Jennifer

Please cheer up!!! TOM comes with it's own set of emotions (mine usually entail thoughts of chocolate, irritation, bloating, exhaustion,,etc,etc). That is to be expected. You'll get right back on track when all of that subsides. Remember, we are all here for you. You can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Old 04-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #488  
get it girl

S/C/G: 191.5/173.5/155

Height: 5'11"

jewliek: I made your chicken nuggets recipe from the recipe thread for dinner tonight! They were easy and AWESOME and so quick! I will definitely be having them again, thanks for sharing your idea!
Thanks for the inspiration on walking as well. I have to take my dog to puppy preschool this evening and I think walking there will be a great way to squeeze in a little extra exercise--definitely not 7.5 miles but every little bit counts.

I weighed in today for a 2.5 pound loss. I am honestly more excited about finishing Day 4 today and moving on to the blue menu with a little more variety tomorrow!

Last edited by sheldon07; 04-29-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:16 PM   #489  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Update

So today I went to weigh in and lost .5#. I asked for my monthly Tanita and measurements since I joined at the end of a month and they are supposed to do that then. I've lost 22.5 inches and 16.5 pounds in 2 months.

BAngel, Redgirl, Happy Daisy and I all joined the same time. It seems that the 3 of us that still post have all lost about the same amount of weight. At our center they only have 10, 20, 30, 40, etc. boards. Nothing for 5# increments. And, the boards are hidden away in the back room where the classes are. They should move them out front where it would be more motivating. I think I will tell them next time I go.

My body fat went down 1% since last month. Their reading is higher than the home unit I have but I saw my beginning photo and I can tell that I do look thinner... not goal thinner but better.

Donuts, I bought the Sea Thin today at GNC. It's on sale for $34.99. I hope that it will help with the body fat %.

Meemo, while at GNC bought some unflavored whey protein to try the home made HNC. I will use 1/2 scoop with either crystal lite or food flavoring and nutrasweet in the blender. I need to save some money since I've been maxing our my HNS lately and eating MRBs on my long bike rides.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:23 PM   #490  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Hi Everyone.

Congrats to all the big losers out there. I've been out of town for a couple of days and wanted to check in really quick. I'll catch up on the board tomorrow but I wanted to let you all know I went to WI yesterday AM and I had lost 5 POUNDS!! I couldn't believe it. That was just since Thursday of last week. My home scale was saying the same thing but it's been wrong before, so I wasn't holding out hope for more than 2 pounds. WOOHOO!! Now I didn't eat totally OP while I was away but I'm back on track (again) tonight and will be back to "normal" tomorrow.

I'm now down 25 lbs and weigh less than I have in 14 years (1 pound less than I did when I met DH). I'm psyched about that! That was a big personal goal for me. Now, 17 more pounds, here I come.

Oh, NSV. Went shopping last night and bought a pair of Gap size 8 jeans and they weren't tight at all! I also bought a pair of size 6 shorts @ BASS. I think they Vanity Size quite a bit b/c I could wear 10s before my weight loss and I was in 12/14 with everyone else, but still...just to see a 6 on the tag feels good, kwim??

I promise to catch up on personals tomorrow. Have a great night everyone!

Oh, quick question on the fat/carb blocker. Do you just take that once (2 pills) a day when you know you're eating something off program)? Is there a comparable out there? Yes, I KNOW I shouldn't eat off program, but when I'm at a conference and there is no other food except fruit and bread for breakfast there's not much choice if you don't have a meal bar with you. So, any knowledge on the fat/carb blocker? I try not to take it often, but would like to know more if you all do. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:23 PM   #491  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Jewlie, thanks for starting the exercise thread. When I have some time I will post there too.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #492  
Ms. Jennifer

Rocki::::AWESOME!!! 5 pounds!!! You are doing it big! Congrats!

Sheldon: 2.5 pounds!!! You are moving right along. I understand what you mean about getting to the next menu! All that salad was killing me.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #493  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
So today I went to weigh in and lost .5#. I asked for my monthly Tanita and measurements since I joined at the end of a month and they are supposed to do that then. I've lost 22.5 inches and 16.5 pounds in 2 months.

My body fat went down 1% since last month. Their reading is higher than the home unit I have but I saw my beginning photo and I can tell that I do look thinner... not goal thinner but better.
CONGRATS! I just wanted to tell you....the manager at my center said that when I have high intensity workouts that I can have 2 oz of Chicken, Turkey or Fish with 4 oz of Raw veggies to help me with energy and keep me from getting hungry. This has really worked for me. I'm not sure that it is for everyone, but it may keep cost down if you could pack some Celery and Green Pepper sticks with a little chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Hi Everyone.

Congrats to all the big losers out there. I've been out of town for a couple of days and wanted to check in really quick. I'll catch up on the board tomorrow but I wanted to let you all know I went to WI yesterday AM and I had lost 5 POUNDS!! I couldn't believe it. That was just since Thursday of last week. My home scale was saying the same thing but it's been wrong before, so I wasn't holding out hope for more than 2 pounds. WOOHOO!! Now I didn't eat totally OP while I was away but I'm back on track (again) tonight and will be back to "normal" tomorrow.

I'm now down 25 lbs and weigh less than I have in 14 years (1 pound less than I did when I met DH). I'm psyched about that! That was a big personal goal for me. Now, 17 more pounds, here I come.

Oh, NSV. Went shopping last night and bought a pair of Gap size 8 jeans and they weren't tight at all! I also bought a pair of size 6 shorts @ BASS. I think they Vanity Size quite a bit b/c I could wear 10s before my weight loss and I was in 12/14 with everyone else, but still...just to see a 6 on the tag feels good, kwim??

I promise to catch up on personals tomorrow. Have a great night everyone!

Oh, quick question on the fat/carb blocker. Do you just take that once (2 pills) a day when you know you're eating something off program)? Is there a comparable out there? Yes, I KNOW I shouldn't eat off program, but when I'm at a conference and there is no other food except fruit and bread for breakfast there's not much choice if you don't have a meal bar with you. So, any knowledge on the fat/carb blocker? I try not to take it often, but would like to know more if you all do. Thanks.
I'm so happy for you 5lbs and size 6 jeans. You must be in the clouds!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #494  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
jewliek: I made your chicken nuggets recipe from the recipe thread for dinner tonight! They were easy and AWESOME and so quick! I will definitely be having them again, thanks for sharing your idea!
Thanks for the inspiration on walking as well. I have to take my dog to puppy preschool this evening and I think walking there will be a great way to squeeze in a little extra exercise--definitely not 7.5 miles but every little bit counts.

I weighed in today for a 2.5 pound loss. I am honestly more excited about finishing Day 4 today and moving on to the blue menu with a little more variety tomorrow!
Thank you. My boys don't even want the store bought anymore. I have to make them up and freeze them.

Congrats on the 2.5 pounds. You will be to that new menu before you know it.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #495  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
FANTASTIC! Don't you just love the big numbers!!!

I know that once I hit the 10# mark, it finally seemed like I was making progress...

I had been beating myself up because I felt like I wasn't losing very fast. Once I kept an eye on those who started out the same time I did, I realized my pace was pretty similar. And, I didn't feel like such a sore loser... We can do this - together chicky!!!
Closed Thread