Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 04:48 AM   #466  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Wow! What success stories there are on this board today! It takes me almost an hour to catch up with all of you when I get home from work!

Donuts, I'm looking for your name on that board and hope by my second WI this week (first one is tomorrow), you will already have traveled to ONE-derland.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your "news" -- WI losses, smaller sizes, shopping sprees. Shopping is really the only vice I have left, now that food isn't one of them.

Angierue - love the picture!
Ms. Gigi - your posts are the best. You are so positive and always cheer me up.

Hey, where the heck is my ticker???
Gma to 4~ You are so lucky you never left ONE-derland! I look forward to being there soon. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 04-29-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:09 AM   #467  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl View Post
Donuts! My goodness! YOU ARE AWESOME! I am thrilled for you! You are a man on a mission. Send some of that majic my way!
redgirl~ I'm throwing some magic your way.
You should be really proud of yourself. 20 inches is nothing to snease at. Make sure you display your inches off ribbon proudly for the world to see. Keep on going!

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 04-29-2008 at 05:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #468  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Hey all! I am back from my trip and I am wanting to do a vitamin B "flush." However, I need to know how much vitamin b to take and which B vitamin I need (6 or 12). Doesn't this help with water retention?
Old 04-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #469  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

HI everyone--I've not been here in a week or so and have had a LOT of reading to do to catch up! This board just moves so fast. Congrats to all the successes that I've seen listed here

I had my WI yesterday and was down 3lbs. 7 more pounds and I'll be signing the 50lb board and then only 2lbs more to One-derland. So my mini-goals are firmly in place

My 20 year old stepdaughter is visiting - she & her mom & stepdad live in New Zealand. She brought a girlfriend with her and they are here until mid-May. While I love having them, it is a whole new set of challenges to stay OP. I'm having to make very sure that my personal meals are planned in advance so I'm not at all tempted to eat off program. I realize how easy the program has been with just me and my husband to cook for and I have a new awareness of what those of you with children at home are going through!

I do have a question--April has been a rough month for me as I have stayed OP but have had great difficulty losing. My counselor today suggested that I cut back on cottage cheese as it causes water retention. I had never heard that before and was wondering if anyone else has. I generally eat cottage cheese once a day either for breakfast or for lunch--mainly because I can pop it in the blender with a HNS and make a smoothie with it. I'm at that stage where I'm just tired of eating this much--I'm looking forward to the 4oz menu. Any thoughts on the cottage cheese?
Old 04-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #470  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
HI everyone--I've not been here in a week or so and have had a LOT of reading to do to catch up! This board just moves so fast. Congrats to all the successes that I've seen listed here

I had my WI yesterday and was down 3lbs. 7 more pounds and I'll be signing the 50lb board and then only 2lbs more to One-derland. So my mini-goals are firmly in place

My 20 year old stepdaughter is visiting - she & her mom & stepdad live in New Zealand. She brought a girlfriend with her and they are here until mid-May. While I love having them, it is a whole new set of challenges to stay OP. I'm having to make very sure that my personal meals are planned in advance so I'm not at all tempted to eat off program. I realize how easy the program has been with just me and my husband to cook for and I have a new awareness of what those of you with children at home are going through!

I do have a question--April has been a rough month for me as I have stayed OP but have had great difficulty losing. My counselor today suggested that I cut back on cottage cheese as it causes water retention. I had never heard that before and was wondering if anyone else has. I generally eat cottage cheese once a day either for breakfast or for lunch--mainly because I can pop it in the blender with a HNS and make a smoothie with it. I'm at that stage where I'm just tired of eating this much--I'm looking forward to the 4oz menu. Any thoughts on the cottage cheese?
Cottage cheese tends to have a lot of sodium in it. that's the only thing I can think of. You might make the french toast for breakfast. You can make it in advance and keep in the fridge. Congrats on the 2 lbs loss!
Old 04-29-2008, 11:38 AM   #471  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Crystal- 2.5 lbs! Wow, good for you! Your right, we are losing about the same pace. Keep it up, 20 lb board, here we come!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #472  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aszimmer1 View Post
Wow has this group grown. I have been MIA for a while. I am so happy to see so many new folks here. Losingweightnow WOW you are doing Great!

I had taken a break (too long) from MRC and felt like yuck the whole time. But I remembered how good I felt here and came back. Disappointed in my set back but ready to go forward and finish this journey.
Oh my goodness! It's so good to see you back. Aaron was just getting ready to come home when I started back at the end of August. I was wondering what happened in your world. You were one of the regular posters and then you just disappeared - rightfully so Glad to see you back.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #473  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! I'm so desperate for a computer I'm sitting here at the library!!

I'm in the middle of an all-out plateau, so I'm remembering all the encouragement I threw your way to stick it out because it will turn around. I'm trying REALLY hard to stay 100% OP to get things moving again!

I have been a big fan of buffalo from the beginning. I saw a different consultant on Friday and she told me that if it's the 90/10 buffalo, then that would push it into the #2 grouping, so limit it to twice per week. Darnit. I doubt I'll limit it that much but am trying to slow down on it and up the fish to bump my losses

Donuts, 7.5 #? That's insane, man! That's like a biggest loser kind of loss! Way to go!

Graduate, a size six is awesome! You'll be the hottest mama there

Have a great week everyone!
Old 04-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #474  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
Hi all! I'm so desperate for a computer I'm sitting here at the library!!

I'm in the middle of an all-out plateau, so I'm remembering all the encouragement I threw your way to stick it out because it will turn around. I'm trying REALLY hard to stay 100% OP to get things moving again!

I have been a big fan of buffalo from the beginning. I saw a different consultant on Friday and she told me that if it's the 90/10 buffalo, then that would push it into the #2 grouping, so limit it to twice per week. Darnit. I doubt I'll limit it that much but am trying to slow down on it and up the fish to bump my losses

Donuts, 7.5 #? That's insane, man! That's like a biggest loser kind of loss! Way to go!

Graduate, a size six is awesome! You'll be the hottest mama there

Have a great week everyone!
About the buffalo. After you cook it you can tell if it was too fatty by the fat left over in the bottom of the pan, how about rinsing the meat (if its ground) after you cook it. Thats what I have started doing. Wait and season it after you rinse it and rinse it in really hot water in a colander and I bet the extra fat will go right down the drain.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #475  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
About the buffalo. After you cook it you can tell if it was too fatty by the fat left over in the bottom of the pan, how about rinsing the meat (if its ground) after you cook it. Thats what I have started doing. Wait and season it after you rinse it and rinse it in really hot water in a colander and I bet the extra fat will go right down the drain.
I do this with my ground beef too. My mom taught me.....so I do it out of habit not the health benefit, but I can sooooo see it helping.

I wi today and up .5#, but it was this afternoon, so....I think it was that I already had lunch and about 3L of water. I am excited about finally not being hungry again.

I also did weight training (lower body) yesterday, that has left me happily sore. Then last night it was SOOOO beautiful that I walked out to Walmart to get a movie. There and back is about 7.5 miles. It felt so good!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #476  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I heard this today. I was asking about water retention.....I was told that turkey deli meat, cucumbers, celery and cottage cheese can all cause water retention. Also in the list is canned tuna fish as it has a bit of sodium as well.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #477  

S/C/G: 195/145/128

Height: 5/3

I do have a question--April has been a rough month for me as I have stayed OP but have had great difficulty losing. My counselor today suggested that I cut back on cottage cheese as it causes water retention. I had never heard that before and was wondering if anyone else has. I generally eat cottage cheese once a day either for breakfast or for lunch--mainly because I can pop it in the blender with a HNS and make a smoothie with it. I'm at that stage where I'm just tired of eating this much--I'm looking forward to the 4oz menu. Any thoughts on the cottage cheese?[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the loss!!! I haev not heard that, but it does have a high soduim count. I eat it very frequently because I hate eggs. I guess I never paid attention to the loss or gain from it. I will watch now.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:54 PM   #478  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I am so happy for you.....and a little bit jealous. Great JOB!
Hey..... I will see you at the class if not this one definatley the next. We are going to do this together!!!!! Jenn
Old 04-29-2008, 04:58 PM   #479  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I do this with my ground beef too. My mom taught me.....so I do it out of habit not the health benefit, but I can sooooo see it helping.

I wi today and up .5#, but it was this afternoon, so....I think it was that I already had lunch and about 3L of water. I am excited about finally not being hungry again.

I also did weight training (lower body) yesterday, that has left me happily sore. Then last night it was SOOOO beautiful that I walked out to Walmart to get a movie. There and back is about 7.5 miles. It felt so good!!!
7.5 miles?? I would be dead on the side of the road. No way could I walk that far, boom, back to back like that, nope, I don't know how you do it.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:58 PM   #480  

Quote:
I heard this today. I was asking about water retention.....I was told that turkey deli meat, cucumbers, celery and cottage cheese can all cause water retention. Also in the list is canned tuna fish as it has a bit of sodium as well.
UH oh.... that is my menu you just mentioned. I am going to have to do somthing about this.
Closed Thread