S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

AWESOME start on the program Sheldon!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #497  
Crystal

Default Oooo Oooo Oooo I had a NSV!!!!

OK...my jeans are baggy in the butt. And, I have to pull them up constantly. I know I need to buy a belt, but I keep forgetting when I'm at the store - because to be honest - it's been YEARS since I had one and only use to wear one as an accessory not necessity... But, I'm really afraid to try a 12... I know that sounds silly. What the heck? I'm scared they won't fit...my brain & body image are so warped...

Anyway...just to get comfy after work today, I grabbed some lined track pants someone gave my daughter (she's a 3!). She passed them off to me the other day cuz she said they were too big. I didn't look at the size, just for the heck of it I put them on...ALL THE WAY ON!!! OK, they hug my hips just a bit, but aren't uncomfortable at all. Not tight on my waist either. I just looked and they are a MEDIUM! OMG! A freaking MEDIUM! I always bought XL or occassionally a L... Hallelujah!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #498  
Crystal

Jewelie - You walked 7.5 miles for a movie...because you wanted to... It wasn't a dare or anything???
WOW!
I just need to tell you that YOU ROCK!
Now, I'm off to try to get thru my 2 miles on the deathmill/treadmill. I'm such a slacker!!!!

Last edited by blueyedangel; 04-29-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #499  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

AT LONG LAST!!! Was down 1.5 lbs at today's WI. That's as much as I lost for the past two weeks, so hopefully am past that darn plateau. Bomaze, hang in there...you will get over that hump, too.

Notice anything?

I finally have my ticker!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:32 PM   #500  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Jewelie: That 7.5 mile walk sounds like so much fun. I love stuff like that, but I don't want to do it alone. My husband would check me into the nearest looney bin if I asked him to come along. So if I'm not doing classes at the gym, I mow the grass. I love doing that while listening to my Ipod. It's pretty relaxing. That's why I won't let him get a riding mower.
Ohhh....I used to mow the lawn too. Now I live in an apartment so I need to walk everywhere instead. When I was pregnant I would push one son in the stroller for hours while I walked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
I am feeling really low today. I gained 1.5 today. It is TOM. Work is stressful. And I am mad at my self for not staying on plan. I just want to go home and "eat worms" and have a pity party. Maybe just typing it here will make me feel better. My counselor reccommended reading "Potatoes not Prozac". I will have to look for it. Ok time to "Get over myself" and get serious about this again.
Cheer Up. It has nothing to do with you and when it is over you will see such a big jump that you will be so happy. You just have to keep the cravings in check, that's my problem. I don't crave any one thing, I just want to eat everything!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:32 PM   #501  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post

I do have a question--April has been a rough month for me as I have stayed OP but have had great difficulty losing. My counselor today suggested that I cut back on cottage cheese as it causes water retention. I had never heard that before and was wondering if anyone else has. I generally eat cottage cheese once a day either for breakfast or for lunch--mainly because I can pop it in the blender with a HNS and make a smoothie with it. I'm at that stage where I'm just tired of eating this much--I'm looking forward to the 4oz menu. Any thoughts on the cottage cheese?
Making low-sodium cottage cheese is simple. All you do is dump it in a strainer and rinse it. When I worked in the food dept at the hospital, we did it all the time for our cardiac patients.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
OK...my jeans are baggy in the butt. And, I have to pull them up constantly. I know I need to buy a belt, but I keep forgetting when I'm at the store - because to be honest - it's been YEARS since I had one and only use to wear one as an accessory not necessity... But, I'm really afraid to try a 12... I know that sounds silly. What the heck? I'm scared they won't fit...my brain & body image are so warped...

Anyway...just to get comfy after work today, I grabbed some lined track pants someone gave my daughter (she's a 3!). She passed them off to me the other day cuz she said they were too big. I didn't look at the size, just for the heck of it I put them on...ALL THE WAY ON!!! OK, they hug my hips just a bit, but aren't uncomfortable at all. Not tight on my waist either. I just looked and they are a MEDIUM! OMG! A freaking MEDIUM! I always bought XL or occassionally a L... Hallelujah!!!!!!!!
I just love these kinds of victories. You are doing so well. I bet your daughter was impressed!

Quote:
Jewelie - You walked 7.5 miles for a movie...because you wanted to... It wasn't a dare or anything???
WOW!
I just need to tell you that YOU ROCK!
Now, I'm off to try to get thru my 2 miles on the deathmill/treadmill. I'm such a slacker!!!!
Thank you! I am biking it today to take the movie back. I really love that I was able to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
AT LONG LAST!!! Was down 1.5 lbs at today's WI. That's as much as I lost for the past two weeks, so hopefully am past that darn plateau. Bomaze, hang in there...you will get over that hump, too.

Notice anything?

Yeah for the ticker......and for the 1.5 pound loss!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #503  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Hey all! I am back from my trip and I am wanting to do a vitamin B "flush." However, I need to know how much vitamin b to take and which B vitamin I need (6 or 12). Doesn't this help with water retention?
Good to have you back! Sorry, no info. on the B "flush".

[QUOTE=Finz;2175125]I had my WI yesterday and was down 3lbs. 7 more pounds and I'll be signing the 50lb board and then only 2lbs more to One-derland. [QUOTE]

3 lbs., way to go - that is fabulous! Sounds like you have a house full, enjoy! Planning sounds like a good plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
I'm in the middle of an all-out plateau, so I'm remembering all the encouragement I threw your way to stick it out because it will turn around. I'm trying REALLY hard to stay 100% OP to get things moving again!
Sorry to hear you are down! Keep your chin up! You will get over the slump! You have been doing fabulous! Sounds like the ladies had some fabulous ideas for your buffalo! Worth a shot, fish would be a good alternative since you don't like chicken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I also did weight training (lower body) yesterday, that has left me happily sore. Then last night it was SOOOO beautiful that I walked out to Walmart to get a movie. There and back is about 7.5 miles. It felt so good!!!
WOW, if I were just to get up and walk that far, my husband would probably take me for a psych eval! LOL You go woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
jewliek: I weighed in today for a 2.5 pound loss. I am honestly more excited about finishing Day 4 today and moving on to the blue menu with a little more variety tomorrow!
2.5 gone for good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Congrats to all the big losers out there. I've been out of town for a couple of days and wanted to check in really quick. I'll catch up on the board tomorrow but I wanted to let you all know I went to WI yesterday AM and I had lost 5 POUNDS!! I couldn't believe it. That was just since Thursday of last week. My home scale was saying the same thing but it's been wrong before, so I wasn't holding out hope for more than 2 pounds. WOOHOO!! Now I didn't eat totally OP while I was away but I'm back on track (again) tonight and will be back to "normal" tomorrow.

I'm now down 25 lbs and weigh less than I have in 14 years (1 pound less than I did when I met DH). I'm psyched about that! That was a big personal goal for me. Now, 17 more pounds, here I come.
That is awesome! CCONGRATS!!!

Quote:

Someone should be on That is fabulous!

Quote:

Notice anything?

I suppose I will be next in line for a ticker! I am so happy to hear you have made it over that bump in the road! CONGRATS Ms. Lady!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #504  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Three cheers for all the success stories.

Finz: Congrats on the 3lbs. You are soooo close to both the 50# Board and ONE-derland!

WorkingARMom: Hang in there. You'll drop that weight and then some, just stay OP. You'll be a success story again before you know it. I was at that pity party last week and would have killed for a handful of cookies, warm from the oven. Heck, I would have even eaten some month-old Oreos. Everyone encouraged me to stay OP, so my splurge was a hot cup of vanilla hazelnut decaf tea with vanilla flavored splenda. Seemed to satisfy my "need" for something decadent.

Sheldon: 2.5 lbs...what a great start to your journey.

rockijames: 5 lbs down and size 8 jeans. Terrific! You're going to be my new role model. You're about a month and a half ahead of me, so I'm eager to see those 140s next month. We're the same height and our starting weight is within 2lbs of each other, and we have the same ending goal weight. If you can do it, I know I can do it, too!

Baggy Butt Jeans (whoops, I meant Blueyedangel): Try the size 12s but in more than one style. I've lost most of my inches in my butt and thighs and did go down two full sizes in one style of dress slacks.

Ms.Gigi: Bet you'll be able to do your ticker today or tomorrow. Like I said, I'm pretty much computer illiterate, so it took me about an hour of tinkering to get the dang thing to work.

3MM: I'm right there with you on admiration for Jewelie's 7.5 mile walk, but no way could I do one. You should see me checking my watch to try to get my 30 minutes on the treadmill to go faster!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #505  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Quote:
I went to WI yesterday AM and I had lost 5 POUNDS!! I couldn't believe it. That was just since Thursday of last week. My home scale was saying the same thing but it's been wrong before, so I wasn't holding out hope for more than 2 pounds. WOOHOO!!

I'm now down 25 lbs and weigh less than I have in 14 years (1 pound less than I did when I met DH). I'm psyched about that! That was a big personal goal for me. Now, 17 more pounds, here I come.
You ROCK!!!! Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
Oh, by the way, I WI today and lost 7.5 pounds since my last WI!!!
I got to sign 2 boards, The 150 and the 155 pound boards!!!

I'm only 1 pound away from ONE-derland!!!
Donuts...Oh, by the way, you are too funny!
7 lbs......WOO-HOO----Congratulations!!! You own One-derland!!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #506  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
I weighed in today for a 2.5 pound loss. I am honestly more excited about finishing Day 4 today and moving on to the blue menu with a little more variety tomorrow!
That's great! You are really off to a wonderful start

Quote:
Hi Everyone.

Congrats to all the big losers out there. I've been out of town for a couple of days and wanted to check in really quick. I'll catch up on the board tomorrow but I wanted to let you all know I went to WI yesterday AM and I had lost 5 POUNDS!!
WOW!! Seeing that scale move is such a motivator, too! Congrats

Quote:

Notice anything?

Congrats on the ticker AND the 1.5 - Believe me, I am as frustrated as you with plateaus. Hopefully we've both seen the last of them for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
Making low-sodium cottage cheese is simple. All you do is dump it in a strainer and rinse it. When I worked in the food dept at the hospital, we did it all the time for our cardiac patients.

THANK YOU!!
What a great (and simple) solution.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:07 PM   #507  
Sharon

Quote:
AT LONG LAST!!! Was down 1.5 lbs at today's WI. That's as much as I lost for the past two weeks, so hopefully am past that darn plateau.
Notice anything?

Congrats on the loss and for getting your ticker!

Quote:

A Medium.......WOW!!!!! Go for the 12......That is awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
I am feeling really low today. I gained 1.5 today. It is TOM. Work is stressful. And I am mad at my self for not staying on plan. I just want to go home and "eat worms" and have a pity party. Maybe just typing it here will make me feel better. My counselor reccommended reading "Potatoes not Prozac". I will have to look for it. Ok time to "Get over myself" and get serious about this again.
Hang in there! I have the history of being a horrible dieter before MRC. If I can do this, you can too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I had my WI yesterday and was down 3lbs. 7 more pounds and I'll be signing the 50lb board and then only 2lbs more to One-derland. So my mini-goals are firmly in place
Almost to 50 lbs lost and almost to One-derland....That is awesome!! Way to go!!

Quote:
Hi all! I'm so desperate for a computer I'm sitting here at the library!!
I'm in the middle of an all-out plateau, so I'm remembering all the encouragement I threw your way to stick it out because it will turn around. I'm trying REALLY hard to stay 100% OP to get things moving again!
Hang in there! I know you will get over the hump......I am sending you good vibes for staying 100% OP this week!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #508  
Sharon

Jewelie You walked 7.5 miles for a movie! Holy Cow!! You really are our exercise guru on here! You go girl!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #509  
Sharon

I have a question...
I think this may have been on an earlier thread, but I can't find it.

Do any of you buy your HNS from any online diet shop (like Diet Direct) or do you just get them from MRC? My center doesn't have a large selection of flavors and they don't have the fiber drinks at all. I was just wondering if the "off brand" HNS are the same as MRC.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #510  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I have been a big fan of buffalo from the beginning. I saw a different consultant on Friday and she told me that if it's the 90/10 buffalo, then that would push it into the #2 grouping, so limit it to twice per week. Darnit. I doubt I'll limit it that much but am trying to slow down on it and up the fish to bump my losses
RATS!!!!!
Closed Thread