Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #436  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

So I did great with my food this weekend but I broke down and had quite a bit of booze. Not even the "better" stuff, I had several beers. I was flat on the home scale from Friday this morning so I put off my weigh in until tomorrow. While I know the alcohol is bad, I have to pat myself on the back for at least not going crazy and eating everything in sight! Even on Sunday, when I wasn't feeling my best, I avoided pulling into Mickey D's for nasty burger and some fries (for some reason, junk food always makes the morning after a little better). I struggled through with my MRB for breakfast and then an on plan lunch and dinner when I got home. So while I wasn't perfect, I could have been much worse. The old me would have been.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
Just a quick note before I start trying to catch up on what I've missed!! For as horrible as Friday was, today was just as good. I took my van for another opinion and apparently, it's fine. The timing chain should not have problems for at least another 100,000 miles. And stupid Nissan didn't even snap the plastic cover over the radiator back into place!! The mechanic I saw today fixed it and gave me an estimate for free. They just won all of my business!! Oil changes and all.

I took the day off b/c I just needed a day to sleep in and get over my weekend, is that lame? I went to wi and I've lost 2 more pounds!!! If all goes well, I should be signing the 40 pound board on Thursday!!! One more pound and I'm there (by their chart!) After wi I went to the gym and busted it out. I still can't zip my dress up all the way, so I am getting a little nervous. I have less than 4 weeks, actually less than that b/c I really need to take it to get it hemmed and altered. I have faith....I can do this.
I am sure you will make it. I know the 40lb board will be yours soon.

Quote:
PS - thanks everyone for understanding and letting me vent here. I hope I'm not too much of a PIA!!!
Everybody needs a place where they know they can vent and it is okay. You are not a PIA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
MRC Hoodia's last formula contained cayenne pepper as it's thermogenic. MRC's current formula doesn't contain cayenne pepper. I'm not sure if it has any thermogenic properties now.

Yes, Sea Thin has Non-stimulating thermogenic properties that specifically target the white fat around your abdominal organs. I think it works great!

Oh, by the way, I WI today and lost 7.5 pounds since my last WI!!!
I got to sign 2 boards, The 150 and the 155 pound boards!!!

I'm only 1 pound away from ONE-derland!!!
Wow! I am so happy for you! You give me hope!
Old 04-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #438  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Angie: great photo. You look like a star.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #439  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Wow! What success stories there are on this board today! It takes me almost an hour to catch up with all of you when I get home from work!

Donuts, I'm looking for your name on that board and hope by my second WI this week (first one is tomorrow), you will already have traveled to ONE-derland.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your "news" -- WI losses, smaller sizes, shopping sprees. Shopping is really the only vice I have left, now that food isn't one of them.

Angierue - love the picture!
Ms. Gigi - your posts are the best. You are so positive and always cheer me up.

Hey, where the heck is my ticker???
Old 04-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #440  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
MRC Hoodia's last formula contained cayenne pepper as it's thermogenic. MRC's current formula doesn't contain cayenne pepper. I'm not sure if it has any thermogenic properties now.

Yes, Sea Thin has Non-stimulating thermogenic properties that specifically target the white fat around your abdominal organs. I think it works great!

HOLY MOLY!!! That's FANTASTIC!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #441  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Ok, so I took Nickie's advice and made a buffalo burger. Holy crap, it was like heaven in a tortilla!! I felt like I was being so bad!! I was able to make a couple so I can have one for lunch tomorrow! I can't believe that it's on our group three!! And in case no one has done this, you should totally grill some asparagus. YUM!!! a little olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder and pepper. You know, I wonder, they told me at my center that it takes 5 days to digest red meat....if buffalo is in group three and we can have it more frequently, does that mean it digests like the other meats in group three? I mean faster than red meat?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #442  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Wow! What success stories there are on this board today! It takes me almost an hour to catch up with all of you when I get home from work!

Donuts, I'm looking for your name on that board and hope by my second WI this week (first one is tomorrow), you will already have traveled to ONE-derland.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your "news" -- WI losses, smaller sizes, shopping sprees. Shopping is really the only vice I have left, now that food isn't one of them.

Angierue - love the picture!
Ms. Gigi - your posts are the best. You are so positive and always cheer me up.

Hey, where the heck is my ticker???
You may already know but in case you don't. You have to go to usercp then go to signature I think and put your own ticker (someone correct me if I'm wrong, having a hard time remembering exactly) it won't just show up on its own, you have to put it there. After like 30 posts and near 30 days. They have tickers for you to choose from or you can go to other sights and pick one then copy the html and paste it in your sig.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #443  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:

Way to go!!! You are awesome. Are you the only one on either of those boards? I just know we are going to see your picture on the MRC website or TV one day. You should be their "Jared".

readytobethin:I just know you are going to make that dress. Keep your eyes on your goal! You can do it!

angierue: That picture of you is so pretty. I like it better
Old 04-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #444  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Congrats to Ms. Jennifer, Christie, and WorkingARMom on your losses. This is the 2nd time I tried to post my congrats to you! The first didn't take!
Keep up the good work!

I WI today, no loss. I got measured for my 30 day measurement. I have lost 14 lbs and lost 20 inches! I am pretty happy with that overall. Being able to come here and read and post has made all the difference! Thank you to everyone on this board! I appreciate you all for sharing your experiences and letting me learn from you.

Memo- I picked up the Divinci sugar-free Caramel syrup and put it in my oatmeal and cottage cheese. It was YUMMO! I also picked up the Irish steele cut oatmeal. I can't wait to try it!
I am cutting back on creamies to hopefully increase my "fat burn", so I have been having the strawberry-banana jello. It is really good. I have it at lunch with sliced strawberries!! I wanted to mention it incase anyone is looking for a new or different treat!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:15 PM   #445  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
You may already know but in case you don't. You have to go to usercp then go to signature I think and put your own ticker (someone correct me if I'm wrong, having a hard time remembering exactly) it won't just show up on its own, you have to put it there. After like 30 posts and near 30 days. They have tickers for you to choose from or you can go to other sights and pick one then copy the html and paste it in your sig.
Thanks, 3MM! It's been 30 days and over 40 posts, but when I go to the usercp there is still a message at the top of the screen that says I have to wait at least 30 days. I don't see an option for signature, so will wait to see when they let me out of pergatory with the postings. And remember, I'm the computer illiterate on this board so probably won't be able to figure it out anyway

P.S. Your posts always make me giggle...and you do give great advice!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #446  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
So while I wasn't perfect, I could have been much worse. The old me would have been.
They keep telling me at my center to give up on perfect! LOL. BTW your picture is awesome!!

Quote:
Ok, so I took Nickie's advice and made a buffalo burger. Holy crap, it was like heaven in a tortilla!! I felt like I was being so bad!! I was able to make a couple so I can have one for lunch tomorrow! I can't believe that it's on our group three!! And in case no one has done this, you should totally grill some asparagus. YUM!!! a little olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder and pepper. You know, I wonder, they told me at my center that it takes 5 days to digest red meat....if buffalo is in group three and we can have it more frequently, does that mean it digests like the other meats in group three? I mean faster than red meat?
5 days?? They haven't ever heard of peristalsis? Nothing sits in me for 5 days...

I love buffalo and would eat it every day if I were wealthier! LOL.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #447  

S/C/G: 195/145/128

Height: 5/3

I weighed in today for a .5 loss. I complained about being hungry because I started running!!!!!! I ran a mile yesterday and a mile today. I figure it is the only way I am ever going to get into stabalization. She did a body comp and said I am basically ready. The numbers are on the high side, but in the healthy range. 24 BMI and 26% body fat. She made an app. for me on monday to review one last time and make sure everything went down just a tad. Then the class is on Thursday!!!! I am not down to my goal weight but I could be by the end of stabilization. I can't believe I might be there. It has been a long, but worthwhile journey. You all are going to get there so soon. This was my first day without hoodia. Ugh...it was hard. I bought the fiber drinks to try to help. Happy to hear everyone is doing well. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #448  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
I went shopping today for something to wear to my son's graduation party- this was my goal-- hence my pen name... Anyway found the perfect thing-- black capri pants --SIZE SIX!!!!! Holy crap, I would have never thought when I started that I would be wearing a size 6 to my son's graduation party!! I am so happy-- also bought a really cute trapeze top- I think that is what you call it. Anyway, I feel really good in the outfit and I hope my son will be proud of me!! Just had to share-- thank you all for your support!!
WOW! A 6!!! You skinny little thing! You've got to post a picture in your new outfit. It sounds cute and I bet you look fabulous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
I don't cook my tomatoes at all. I only use raw tomatoes and use them as a topping, after. When I started the program however, I did use them in cooking and never have really noticed a difference in terms of having a slow weight loss week due to it, etc.... the reason I was using them was because I just didn't know at the time. Since I was told, I stopped. I just figured that if there was a chance it could cause an issue, I wasn't going to do it. I heard the same thing... that during the cooking process, they would convert to sugar. With beans, however... I've always cooked with them, and have never heard anything different. The only thing I was told was that if you had to use canned beans in cooking, to rinse them thoroughly before using them to get rid of the sodium. But again, I cook with them in my recipes all the time.
I knew that about the tomatoes but was never told anything about the beans... So, we can use them if we rinse them...??? Cool!

Quote:
I took the day off b/c I just needed a day to sleep in and get over my weekend, is that lame? I went to wi and I've lost 2 more pounds!!! If all goes well, I should be signing the 40 pound board on Thursday!!! One more pound and I'm there (by their chart!) After wi I went to the gym and busted it out. I still can't zip my dress up all the way, so I am getting a little nervous. I have less than 4 weeks, actually less than that b/c I really need to take it to get it hemmed and altered. I have faith....I can do this.
Way to go! 2 more pounds!!! You'll make it in time. That dress is gonna fit & you will look beautiful!!!

snflrgrl: Awesome way to move that scale! You go!!!

Donuts: Thank you for all the info. on Sea Thin. Where can we get it? And, by the way... 7 1/2 pounds! My God!!! That's what I lose in a month! LOL Jiminey Christmas, dude. How DO you do it!!!??? (Bows down to Donuts)

redgirl: Hang in there... It'll move next time! We seem to stay pretty close in our losses...so it's your turn!

I had a really good weekend. Stayed OP! Went to WI today...was down 2 1/2! I can feel that 20 pound board calling my name!!! I wasn't expecting that big a loss - but I will take it and not look back!

Last edited by blueyedangel; 04-28-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #449  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

YAY!!! Way to go on your 2 pound loss!!! That 40 pound board is YOURS!!!! I'm glad your car situation turne out well and you had a good day. Happy Losing!

Quote:
Just a quick note before I start trying to catch up on what I've missed!! For as horrible as Friday was, today was just as good. I took my van for another opinion and apparently, it's fine. The timing chain should not have problems for at least another 100,000 miles. And stupid Nissan didn't even snap the plastic cover over the radiator back into place!! The mechanic I saw today fixed it and gave me an estimate for free. They just won all of my business!! Oil changes and all.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Just a quick note before I start trying to catch up on what I've missed!! For as horrible as Friday was, today was just as good.
I'm so glad that today was better for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
I went shopping today for something to wear to my son's graduation party- this was my goal-- hence my pen name... Anyway found the perfect thing-- black capri pants --SIZE SIX!!!!! Holy crap, I would have never thought when I started that I would be wearing a size 6 to my son's graduation party!! I am so happy-- also bought a really cute trapeze top- I think that is what you call it. Anyway, I feel really good in the outfit and I hope my son will be proud of me!! Just had to share-- thank you all for your support!!
Size 6! You are fantastic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste;2172703
[B
WorkingMom[/B] A medium!!! Geez! You girls and your ever-lovin' shrinkin'! It's great!!!
I missed this....great for you. A medium!

Quote:
Jewlie: I'm so impressed with you!! I'm glad you got your menu figured out!! I asked someone at my center about getting hungry d/t exercise and he said that he drinks an extra hns. So he has 5 on workout days. That's a lot of $$$$!!!! Do they get commision?>
Thanks! I did 5 the other day, but now I have some other ideas to try that seem to be working for me.

Quote:

OMG you are the KING. That is amazing!
Closed Thread