Old 12-17-2007, 08:15 AM   #121  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

donuts - You Get Snacks? I haven't had anything in between meals since I started this program (except for an HNS in the afternoon.) What kind of snacks do you get? I had read about some of you having some kind of crispies or something at the movies and on airplanes, but didn't know where on the program you could have that! They forgot to put the "snack" column in on my sheet!!! I'm gonna find out...that's for sure!!!

I officially went back to eating this morning. The last three days on Meta-quick have not been good. In some ways, it reminded me of my old ways of dieting - the mindset that you can't have food and lose weight. I am NEVER cranky as a rule, but I was 'a little testy' by last night. I think I was doing just fine on program, so that's what I'm going back to. Now I've tried it....now I won't do it again. There may be some of you that have tried Meta-Quick that do just fine, but not for this ol' gal.

Have a WONDERFUL day!!!
chopingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:33 AM   #122  

Height: 5'6''

Chopin - what plan are you on? I am on Meti-slim 3 now, I think... and I get an optional HNS between breakfast and lunch and a required HNS between lunch and dinner plus a protein based snack. There is a snack column down with the other food columns (veggies, fruits, proteins and their portions). Check again. Maybe that afternoon snack is eliminated once you weigh down enough to get to Slim2 or Slim1. I don't know off hand.

Happy Monday everyone! I'm going in early to WI tonight instead of wednesday. Tomorrow is my birthday and we have plans, so I won't be able to get in then and Wednesday is our kid's choir performance at church and since I direct....won't be able to get in on Wednesday either...and then the week gets busy, so yikes...better go tonight. I am also WAY out of product. I had to scrounge into my hidden HNS resources (car, purse, desk at work) just to find enough to get me to the WI tonight. That being said, I don't know how the extra 2 days will effect my weight. I was hoping to lose the needed weight to get to 90lbs this week, but I don't see that happening So I'll be happy with whatever.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #123  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hvnly...when I got under the 250 pounds mark, they moved me to another menu, it doesn't allow for an afternoon snack like my first menu. However, all of the optional and required HNS creamy (1 a day) and clears remain the same. Maybe this is the menu chopin is on.

Chopin.. I would say instead of using the meal replacements..try real food, your body may be processing the shakes differently, making you feel hungry, verses when it has to digest your actual food. Also, maybe try to "eat" your creamies/clear, try the puddings and jellos, this will simulate food rather than just drinking. The chocolate soy crispies can be eaten 3 times a week as your creamy for the day.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 12-17-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:58 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy Birthday tomorrow Hvnlymzic! I hope you have a great day!

I have a basket of fat free blueberry muffins sitting on my desk.... my secret santa knew I was on a diet and thought they were being nice but I can't eat those either. Think I will take them home and see if anyone in my family will eat them. I have been feeling yucky- I have a toothache and they can't figure out which tooth it is, so I keep taking motrin. I am hoping to get it figured out this week, before the holidays! I can't chew on the left side of my mouth. I know that you have all said that motrin makes you retain water, I am thinking this is not good.
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:10 AM   #125  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
I have been feeling yucky- I have a toothache and they can't figure out which tooth it is, so I keep taking motrin. I am hoping to get it figured out this week, before the holidays! I can't chew on the left side of my mouth. I know that you have all said that motrin makes you retain water, I am thinking this is not good.
Well, I'll take a little retained water, which is, after all, temporary, over the pain of a toothache any day. So sorry you've got that going on on top of everything else that goes on this time of year - hope they can figure out which tooth is the issue soon!
Just let them know up front when you go to weigh in that you've been taking Motrin so you're probably retaining water. And heck, it might not affect you that way - you might get a happy surprise!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #126  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopingirl View Post
donuts - You Get Snacks? [SIZE=1]
I'm not donuts, but here's something interesting - last Christmas I was talking to someone who was just getting started on MRC (I was just about to start maintenance). I saw her late summer, she'd started maintenance. Sometime during stabilization, or maybe even maintenance, when she was still dropping weight the counselor she was seeing asked if she was "still having her snacks". She said "Snacks? What snacks? I've never had snacks."
The counselor was shocked - said "But you should've been having an HNS as a snack mid-morning & mid-afternoon. I can't believe no one caught that!"
Well, on our green menu those snacks were optional - it says to have one with breakfast & one with lunch, and that you could have up to two additional HNS as morning, afternoon or evening snacks. Sometimes I wonder, though, if it wouldn't be better to have the two "mandatory" HNS as mid-morning & mid-afternoon snacks, and optional HNS with meals, especially for someone who gets hungry between meals. I dunno...but it just struck me as an interesting conversation...
Old 12-17-2007, 11:00 AM   #127  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Happy early birthday sam hope you have a wonderful week!!
MEEMO- I thought it was you who ordered the 21st century cortisol from i herb ..have you started them? Also on friday at my food class they were saying that it was ok to have a hns between meals if you were feeling hungry but she also mentioned that if you did you would have to have your meal within 2 hours of the hns? Does this sound right?
alexiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:20 AM   #128  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

WOW! I didn't check the board for two days, and there were 5 pages!!!!

ThinMinney 5.5 lbs!!! Congratulations! 4my2ltl1s 5.5 lbs for you too!!! Great job! and only .5 from the 30lb board! LilyannasMom 1.5 lbs!!! Congrats!! Nice job! Meemo It's amazing what can happen when you take meds (even otc's) to your body. Congrats on your 4lb loss!

GraduateThin Glad to hear everything went fine with your procedure and look, only up .5! That's great!

Jantdieting and texdoc2001 Thanks for the new recipe(s)! Can't wait to try them!!!!

DONUTS!!!! CONGRATS!
You are AMAZING, INSPIRATIONAL, a CHAMPION!!! WHOA!!! and I did see your signature on the 100lb board! It was like visiting Graceland! But better, since I don't like Elvis! HAHAHA!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!

Last edited by namaste; 12-17-2007 at 11:21 AM.
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:47 AM   #129  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
MEEMO- I thought it was you who ordered the 21st century cortisol from i herb ..have you started them? Also on friday at my food class they were saying that it was ok to have a hns between meals if you were feeling hungry but she also mentioned that if you did you would have to have your meal within 2 hours of the hns? Does this sound right?
I started the cortisol support Saturday (and the MRC-6-type stuff) - too soon to tell anything yet.
I don't know anything about the 2 hour thing - my menu just says to have an HNS with breakfast & lunch, and an optional one at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. or in the evening. Of course I got my menu over 18 months ago, so things could've changed. Seems contradictory, tho, since if you had a 2 p.m. HNS snack, you'd have to have dinner at 4?? I dunno - I rarely had more than 2 HNS/day anyway, so I guess I didn't pay much attention!
Old 12-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #130  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Happy early birthday sam hope you have a wonderful week!!
As for the HNS between meals...you are required to have 1 with each meal (on the beige menu-you and I are close in weight, so that is probably your menu also) and if you want, you can have 1 between meals also to curb hunger and help get you through the day. You can max at either 4 or 5 total per day (check with your personal center as there have been some discrepanies lately).

Last edited by Goal4Life; 12-17-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:08 PM   #131  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
As for the HNS between meals...you are required to have 1 with each meal (on the beige menu-you and I are close in weight, so that is probably your menu also) and if you want, you can have 1 between meals also to curb hunger and help get you through the day. You can max at either 4 or 5 total per day (check with your personal center as there have been some discrepanies lately).
True - I should've pointed out that I was on the green menu, where 2 were required, up to 4 are allowed.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:29 PM   #132  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Ok, I had my first REAL a-ha moment this weekend. Thought I'd share.
I went to a birthday party with my little one. The chairs that were scattered around the room were those plastic green and white outdoor patio chairs. I have always struggled with those flimsly little chairs, and the arms never really allowed my backside to comfortably just sit down, I always had to wiggle sideways and just sit a certain way to even fit. Then talk about trying to stand back up...well, I sat just fine, comfortably in fact, and had a little wiggle room, and enough room to even cross my leg (I haven't comfortably crossed my legs in a while, this is something that I have been doing of the late).
So, yeahhh! I felt really good, I am sure I had this weird smile on my face for the entire birthday. But that is ok.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 12-17-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #133  
Denise

I weighed in on Friday, and lost 4 lbs.... so I have now lost a total of 34 lbs!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #134  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Ok, I had my first REAL a-ha moment this weekend. Thought I'd share.
I went to a birthday party with my little one. The chairs that were scattered around the room were those plastic green and white outdoor patio chairs. I have always struggled with those flimsly little chairs, and the arms never really allowed my backside to comfortably just sit down, I always had to wiggle sideways and just sit a certain way to even fit. Then talk about trying to stand back up...well, I sat just fine, comfortably in fact, and had a little wiggle room, and enough room to even cross my leg (I haven't comfortably crossed my legs in a while, this is something that I have been doing of the late).
So, yeahhh! I felt really good, I am sure I had this weird smile on my face for the entire birthday. But that is ok.
Congratulations! I can't wait for that moment!!! Those chairs scare me! I'm either scared I won't fit or it will buckle under my weight! I'm so excited for you!!!! What a great a-ha moment!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #135  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
I weighed in on Friday, and lost 4 lbs.... so I have now lost a total of 34 lbs!
YEAHHH! 4 pounds, what an awesome job!
I wi tommorrow, hope to be right there behind you. Still shooting for my Christmas goal, but wow this month flew, I only have this week and a few days, so I might just miss it by a week. Still pushing on for it.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 12-17-2007 at 12:52 PM.