Old 12-17-2007, 09:29 PM   #151  

Height: 5'7

Liliannasmom- I used to always eat alone after everyone else went to bed. Boredom I don't know - I did good all day and at night something just pulled me to snack. MRC has helped me with that I don't know if it's the HNS or some pill I'm taking that curbs the cravings. I keep a puzzles books near me at night and when my mind does go wondering I'll do a few puzzles also get on the computer and talk to us. Keep your mind busy on your goal not all your negative thoughts. Good luck to you. Remember to take care of you- put yourself first for a change.

Great losses everyone! I finally made the 20 lb board! I've lost 21.5 pounds in 55 days! There are so many "goodies" in my house! My husband keeps bringing gifts in everyday. He can't eat them all so we are distributing around to family and friends. Less for me to "wonder" about. I'll probably do alot of puzzles til this poison is out of my house!

Keep up the good work everyone! Take care!
me first this time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #152  

Height: 5'6''

Well, WI'd 2 days early and had no gain and no loss...no problem for me I'll take a sustained weight any time...better than a gain, huh?

KK- Thanks for the B-day wish!! We're going to my favorite restraunt for my b-day tomorrow night. It's Ted's Montana Grill (big time buffalo place) and I'm gonna have a nice yummy bison steak. I'm pretty excited about it. Then we're going to go see a movie. I'll take some soy crispies with me and probably sneak in a can of diet rite (shhh! don't tell) and I'll be set to go for a fun birthday movie.

I have been having the weirdest thing going on recently. About a half hour after my lunch I get hungry again...WHAT?? I just ate and then I get hungry. I kept forgetting to talk to my center about it and tonight I did and they suggested that I offset my HNS's from my meal for a week and see if that helps...I'm also going to add the big scary 5th HNS for a little while and see if that helps. So I'll have one with breakfast, one between B-fast and Lunch, one after lunch, one with dinner and one later in the evening. I think my body isn't getting enough calories with the extra exercise that I've been getting in. We'll see what happens there. Fun Fun Fun.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:32 PM   #153  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdoc2001 View Post
Hi, guys. I'm going to be accountable to you. I plan to go work out at 6:45 tomorrow morning as I've been doing 3-4 times a week since July. I want to be able to tell you about it tomorrow and to have in my head at 6:44 that YOU will know whether or not I go. Thanks!
Cool - an additional thing you can do is write it on your food journal - I used to note it over in the left margin by the day of the week, my walking & my weights. It helped me keep track week by week. Plus I actually used to use the AOL calendar to record my morning weight, my exercise & my MRC weigh-ins.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:10 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

Sam That sounds great! We had a Ted's here in Omaha, but it closed. I never got the chance to go there! As for the hunger after lunch, I get that all the time. It usually passes, in fact, since I started the cortitrim I haven't noticed it! I also take guggle at meal time, that seems to work better for me and helps with the cravings. I also take a guggle at supper time to help with the night time cravings.

Liliannasmom Please don't delay going in, it is better to weigh in at your normal schedule! I had a terribly emotional November, but I faced that darn scale twice a week. The counselors were very understanding and often had great suggestions to help me. They encouraged me to stick with it, even if I was having difficulty staying on program, they also were able to help me with figuring out why I was eating.

Speaking of figuring out why I would eat off program, last Monday after a great weigh in, I went home and ate a bunch of cookies. On Thursday the counselor and I talked about it and discussed why I did it. Tonight at weigh in, I mentioned it to this new counselor in passing as I was talking about my recent losses and gains. She tried to quiz me about why I ate the cookies. I wanted to tell her I had already gone over this last week. I hate to rehash the past. I would rather leave it there and get on with it. I think she was a bit put off by my irritation! I guess I would rather weigh in with someone I have already built a rapport with! Oh well I need to move on!

Have a great day tomorrow!
krazykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:23 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Height: 5'7"

I weighed in today and I am down another pound from Friday. Which means, drum roll please…I signed the thirty pound board!!!!!!! They also did my measurements today and I am down 9.5 inches for a total of 45 inches lost. Four more inches and I will have lost the height of my seven year old daughter. Odd thing about my inch loss, all the inches were lost above the belly button. This is great because I am now wearing men’s large T-shirts (started in XXL), which by the way Old Navy is selling right now for $8, but I need to lose a lot in the trunk. Am I the only one having a problem finding women’s t-shirts with a normal collar? Everything I come across is cut so low and makes me very self-conscious while trying to work out, hence the men's shirts. Is there an exercise I can do to lose the inches below the belly button? I think I will take my zoomers to the pool and do kick sets for this week, maybe that will help.

I bought and wore a red dress this weekend!! I started this program wearing a comfortable size 24 and the dress I bought was a size 18. I am hoping it will be too big by New Years.

Hvnly Sam.May the Angels sing as loudly as they did on the day of your birth.
4my2ltl1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:36 PM   #156  

Awww...4my2! Thats such a sweet thing to say. I'm with ya on the new clothes. I bought some black pants for a wedding in October and I will not be able to wear them to this wedding I'm singing in in January...as wonderful as that is...it's also SO crazy! I also bought a sweater this weekend that is an 18!! I started at a tight 28!! HOLY COWS! I'm not one anymore!
Old 12-18-2007, 12:08 AM   #157  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

Thanks krazy and me first!! I will be okay. I just need to get the emotional end together then the physical will follow! I am starting that book tonight. It is called Life is Hard eating is easy or something like that. It is about emotional eating. My counselors advised me to read it. Since I am going to be busy tomorrow, I will have to wi on Wednesday and Friday this week. *sighs* I am afraid that it will not be good, but I have to go in... I will....
Lilyannas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:11 AM   #158  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

hmmmmmmmm............(here's your pitch everybody - donuts you take the bass line)...........let's all join in for...........

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday, dearest Sam............(dramatic pause holding the final 'm' for emphasis)
Happy birthday to you!!!

Have a wonderful day, Sam!!!!!
chopingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:20 AM   #159  

That was lovely chopin!! Funny story...my family is all very musical. Lots of good singers and our tradition is to call the birthday person and sing as badly as possible So far, my sister has called me...I'll hear from my brother, Mom and Dad and possibly my grandparents too...I'm tempted to carry my phone with me all day so I can pick it up and put it on speaker for my students, but the songs make really good voicemails too, so we'll see
Old 12-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #160  

Happy Birthday Sam!

Today I started the Green Menu (day 11)! I love more choices! I hope all is well with everyone. I am glad to hear of the good reports from everyone. Those who may be having the here and there struggles just keeping looking at your goal and keep going. No one is perfect, so do not let the little things get in the way of the big picture! I am down 8 pounds according to my scale at home, I will be weighing in tommorow. I wish you all a great week and positive results!
CHRISTYBEAN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

4my2 WHOO HOO I can't wait for the 30lb board. I was hoping to be there by now but am not so I just keep trying. Hope to make it by Jan 1st! I love making those 10 lb losses! How are you going to treat yourself? ShineOn gets a manicure, I bought myself a Nintendo DS for 20! I hope to buy some new clothes for 30! I think we should find not food ways to treat ourselves!

My friend at work just told me she is down 84 lbs and over 92 inches. She has been on maintenance over two weeks. She lost 2 yesterday. She is my inspiration and support!

Have a great day!
krazykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:01 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Thank you everyone!

KK - The red dress with matching shoes was my treat. I know I got them two days early, but I knew that 30 pound board would be mine.

I hope everyone has a great OP day today!

Last edited by 4my2ltl1s; 12-18-2007 at 10:01 AM.
4my2ltl1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:10 AM   #163  
Em

S/C/G: 170

HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
SAM!!!

(I will spare everyone my singing )
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:47 AM   #164  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SAM!!!! It sounds like the whole world is celebrating you today, as they should. You rock!

I made it to the gym this morning and, not having done my weights for awhile, did fairly well with them (free weights and machines). Then I did 5 minutes on the eliptical, thinking of my friends and their gazoos. Then I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. Thanks for letting me use this space to be accountable. It really helps!

4my2: I'm so impressed. The 30 lb board seems far away, but you people keep reminding me that it's possible.
texdoc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #165  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

I wi'd in for lunch today, and down 2 more pounds! woo hoo!
40 pound board is in my sight now

Last edited by Goal4Life; 12-18-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote