3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take VII! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/128838-metabolic-research-center-take-vii.html)

Hvnlymzic 12-13-2007 09:40 AM

Metabolic Research Center - Take VII!

Our newest thread...check back at the older ones for LOTS more info!

losingweightnow 12-13-2007 10:07 AM

Thanks for starting the new one! It will be about another week before we need another new one - LOL!

Thanks again!

Good luck with WI everyone!

Goal4Life 12-13-2007 10:19 AM

Way to go Hvnly on the 6 pounds! Awesome job, I am sure gazoo will be happy to :)

namaste 12-13-2007 10:27 AM

:congrat:Congrats hvnlymzic on your loss! 6 lbs! Way to go! :hug: Also, thanks for starting the new thread!!!!

alexiah 12-13-2007 10:48 AM

Good morning ladies well i did not take the mrc-6 this morning i am gonna wait and see if i feel a differance without it... Sam thanks for starting the new thread and congrats on your loss!!

alexiah 12-13-2007 11:23 AM

Ok ladies so i spoke with my center today about the mrc-6 and she assures me that i must just be having withdrawl symptoms she states that there is no stimulant what so ever in the mrc and i should maybe just go down to 1 with each meal and see if that helps..has anyone had a problem with the mrc-6? Well i did not take it today but if i feel the same today without it then maybe i will take it again maybe i am going thru a little withdraw..do you all see a great benefit from the mrc-6/do you really think it helps with the inches and fat loss like it states?

Hvnlymzic 12-13-2007 11:49 AM

alexia - I've taken MRC-6 since I started as it was suggested to me at that time. I have good results, but have never not taken it, so I don't know what my losses would look like without it. I've never had weird side-effects. I currently take MRC-6, Corti-trim and MSM and Flax of course. I think I've got a good blend and although, I've thought about not taking them and seeing what happens, I don't really want to slow anything down, so I'm not too inspired to do that at this time. The only side effect I had when I started was a cold...There were others who experienced this as well and we wrote it off as our bodies clearing toxins out :) and I haven't had anything else happen since then.

Oh...I also had a crazy bad craving for Hubby's egg nog the other day so I decided to get creative. I had a package of vanilla pudding mix and mixed it up with the appropriate amount of water and then added some almond extract (which I always do as I don't like the taste of the vanilla HNS at all), but then I added some pumpkin pie spice (nutmeg and cinnamon would probably work also) to it and stirred and wound up with an acceptable egg nog substitute.

texdoc2001 12-13-2007 11:56 AM

SAM: WOW!!! It's really inspiring to hear about your loss today while I'm sitting in a plateau myself. Congrats and keep up the good work. Also, thanks for posting your after pic with your before. You're a beautiful woman and becoming more so every day.

alexiah 12-13-2007 12:00 PM

Thanks sam i appreciate the feed back! I think i will continue to take it maybe its just me, i am really excited to start the corti-trim /21 century cortisol/ i ordered thru i herb i hope it does a good job like the mrc stuff although i have never tried the mrc brand so i wont be able to compare..lol
sam do you take anything to help with your appetite?

Goal4Life 12-13-2007 12:25 PM

On my personal journey. I find MRC to be helpful in many ways other than just using the supplements that claim to pull fat and inches and disappear the jigglies. :) To quote Oprah as once saying, "there is no magic pill, or I'd have it, I would've climbed the highest mountain, paid the highest price, there is no pill."

I think that I Love MRC mostly for their enthusiam, support, specialized menus, one on one consults, and accountability. I haven't found that with ANY other program! I think, personally, that some supplements are better than others, you should never feel pressured to try them all, or even to take them all. I do agree with the vitamins (multi vitamin, b6, folic, liquid minerals etc). I think when we are losing weight so quickly, it is easy for our bodies to be depleted of these needed vitamins.

I think the HNS drinks do help with cravings, and help you feel full longer. I love the puddings, bars, and crispies, as options throughout the week. I haven't maxed out my HNS usage, I do the minimum HNS, and if I am having a particularly rough day, I add 1 or if I feel that my weightloss is slowing down, I pick up 1 more a day. I use MRC as a teaching tool (as I have always turned to food in the past) so that I can remain a healthy eater throughout the rest of my life. I have gained confidence from my friends at MRC to begin a basic exercise program (which I never did before, I always eluded away from exercise).

I am fairly new at all of this, but besides your basic vitamins and minerals, the only thing besides healthy eating that can help your body truly transform is exercise, am I wrong in thinking that? :?:

This a journey for me that won't have an end, I will always have to monitor my food intake and make sure my choices are healthy. My goal is maintenance of a non obese body once I get there :)

dkmd27 12-13-2007 12:29 PM

Alexia ... I don't think the MRC-6 is the issue. Once you cut back on carbs and sugar, your body adjusts -- I had the same sensations in my mouth and lips, and I was not taking MRC-6. It went away, it was probably just my withdrawal from the sugar and carbs. I wouldn't worry ... give it a week or two and see how your feel.

P.S. I live in Fort Collins, some of my kids live in Green Valley Ranch and I'm down there a lot.

alexiah 12-13-2007 12:36 PM

DEB- Thanks i will do just that! I Live in Green Valley Ranch!! Thats neat i also have lots of family in ft collins and in greeley (i grew up there) So i am down there alot..gee its a small world!

feelinbetter 12-13-2007 12:38 PM

Thank you Alexiah, Texdoc 2001 and Lilyannas Mom for your kind words of support about my dad. I know the strength of my family will get us through these rough days and months.

Thanks also to everyone for the suggestion to keep some HNS and pills in the car - great ideas.

Alexiah - I am the one who wrote about the tingling teeth with MRC6 - my center says they have never heard of it either. I still take the MRC6 because I am not certain that is what is causing the problem and I want to see if the stuff works. My tingling has lessened over the weeks, but it is still there. I haven't had a chance to ask the dentist. I've taken other weightloss products in the past that did have stimulants and I've never had this feeling before, so if it is the MRC 6 it must be some other ingredient that is getting to me. On another subject - I eat buffalo burgers pretty often. I buy them at a local grocery store but they also have them at the health food stores. These are packaged out of Belton, MO - I'm going to look up their company on the internet and see if they sell them direct. They are a little more grisly than hamburgers, but the taste is good. You can eat them morning, noon and night so that is convenient. You are in Denver right? Earlier posts talked about a Buffalo Man out of the Dakotas that traveled to your area and sold the meat - you might ask your center if they have heard of that.

Lilyannas Mom - I don't want to laugh, but your corn flakes story was funny. I agree that there are a lot worse foods you could have eaten. I wonder if it was the milk you wanted - I know that is something I miss.

ChristyBean01 - I took a long time (about 3 weeks) getting used to all the pills too. I didn't experience them getting stuck or feeling like they did, but I has some thoughts in my head about that. I am just not a pill taker. Now though I seem to have gotten past that.

Hvnlymzic - thanks for putting up the new board. Congrats on the 6 lbs! Way to go!

I WI this morning. Stayed steady - no loss no gain. As I know I have missed pills and HNS this week I can't complain. If this is a true plateau then I can't complain - it is my first and I knew my body liked this weight. I'll just keep at it.

Have a great day everyone!!

alexiah 12-13-2007 12:49 PM

Thanks feeling better i will ask my center tomm about the buffalo meat..so i think i asked this earlier befor i joined mrc but since i have my appointment for my plan class tomm i am gonna ask again about the HNS because i know i need to buy them tomm which do you all prefer? I really drink alot of water and really have not drank very much soda or other drinks like gatorade so i am not sure which one i will like My centers top seller is the wildberry any comments on that? Also do you have any advise on the class/anything i should remember to ask? Thanks ladies i am soo excited to start this!!

Moliver 12-13-2007 12:55 PM

I responded to a post on take 6 before i realized we were already on 7! Here it is:

Originally Posted by Lilyannas Mom
Hey ladies,
When you go and buy generic brands of different vitamins etc, do you buy every component seperately? Like the Hoodia Extreme. Do you also buy the cayenne, the gymnema sylvestre and the garcinia cambogia? Or do you just buy the Hoodia?

Thanks a bunch! Been researching alternatives for hours
Hi Brianna, it just depends on what you want. The Hoodia will help with hunger, the cayenne is supposed to help burn an extra 50 cal/day as well as other benefits, the gymnema (I think is supposed to help with blood sugar control - but it's been a while since I've read about this one) and I'm not sure about the garcinia cambogia. You should do a little research about what each of these is supposed to do and then decide if you want to take them. Personally, I just take a Hoodia supp because I'm not worried about missing those other ingredients (and I think the cayenne gave me heartburn). Good luck.

BTW, I'm sorry to hear that your night didn't turn out so well and that you had a cheat. I think it's great that you came to us right away and are back on track. That's all you can do when that happens. I'm reading a book right now that I think is going to help - I've been holding off recommending it on this board because I'm only on Ch. 4 but you might want to check it out - it's called Stop Cheating on Your Low Carb Diet. I'm not sure if the MRC plan is considered a low carb diet (like Atkins), but it's definitely 'lower' carb. Anyway, like I said, I'm not sure if I'm totally going to recommend it, but I like what it has to say so far (except for the way he tries to tie it into the evolution theory), and think it will have good strategies for staying on program.

Hugs,
Mindy