Old 12-15-2007, 08:59 PM   #106  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 312.0/ticker/212.0

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyannas Mom View Post
Hey guys,

Quick question about those bread recipies from the other day. What can I bake them in if I don't have a mini loaf pan? I only have regular sized ones?

Thanks!!
Use a muffin pan. Just remember to fill the empty ones with water so your pan does not warp
steph0320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:24 PM   #107  

Height: 5'7

Way to go DONUTS! 100 pounds that's amazing!

Just wanted to mention a touching commercial for another weight loss plan.
Valerie Bertinelli a well known tv star made an emotional speech about being a few pounds away from her goal weight and that this would be the first New Years in a very long time that she didn't have to make a resolution to lose those unwanted pounds. This commercial really touched me because I want that. We all want that! I won't reach my goal by New Years but next year this time- I want to be able to say that one of my resolutions is to stay healthy and continue to take care of myself and not re-gain the weight I've lost as I've done so many times in the past. Actually I guess I started that resolution earlier-the day I signed up at MRC. Thanks people just wanted to share my thoughts.

me first this time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:17 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 233.5/ticker/155

Height: 5' 4"

Hey Sam,
I loved hearing about your red shirt for choir. What a great story! I also really appreciated hearing you talk about if you have a bad meal, day etc... it's okay... just get back in the wagon.

Doughnuts - Congratulations on your 100 lb. mark!! What an inspiration you are!!!

For some reason, I have a good few days, lose weight and then I have a really, really bad day. I have taken no viatmins today, about 20oz of water and chicken fajitas for dinner. The fajitas were on plan, but the sour cream was not. then I ate some german chocolate, it was really good, but I'm feeling so guilty it's not even funny. I hate myself when I do these things. I don't know why I sabotage myself this way. Anyway, tomorrow is another day and I will start fresh again.

Have a great Sunday!
Carol
ThinMinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:37 PM   #109  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
I totally forgot to say a big 100lb CONGRATULATIONS to Donuts! I can't wait for my 90lb board and the the big ol 100lb board. How exciting for you.
That's OK hvnly, I forgot to tell you how awesome your before and after pics looked. Congrats on your amazing transformation!!! You look mawvalous! Would love to see a pic of you on your new Gazoo.
nomoredonuts4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:44 PM   #110  
Super Maintainer

A BIG THANK YOU!
to everyone for all the wonderful posts in my behalf.

I want to use JanT's spin on "stinkin thinkin" as my new mantra. I love it!

NO MORE STINKIN THINKIN, ONLY SHRINKIN THINKIN!!!

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 12-16-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #111  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! 2 of the counselors stopped in where I work (harry & david) in the last 2 days... What a great reminder!! One of them (the one I confessed to) reminded me once again that: there are NO perfect diets, and NO perfect people! For me I think it will take just walking out of my kitchen!! LOL!!

She also told me the counselors are required to weigh in once a week and fax their food plans to their regional/district managers! SO - we are the only ones stepping on that scale! That in itself made me feel more - ummmm... I don't know... I guess like they are human too and that they are still going through what we go through! Amazing isn't it??

JANT - It's ok to lay on the floor and throw a tantrum every now & then. I'm glad you did it here, because I needed to see it. It helped me more than you know!

I can't remember who on here said this board was like family - thanks! My husband sometimes complains when I am on here reading too long, but I told him about 2 or 3 weeks ago that I was keeping in touch with my Virtual Family and he needed to have patience! LOL!!! Some days when reading these posts I feel very close to all of you; sharing weight loss struggles, crying and laughing right along with you through your posts...

Thank you to all of you for being here and sharing this journey with me!
losingweightnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:39 AM   #112  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

Good morning, MRCers!

I have a question for those that have tried the Meta-Quick menu. I have been on it since Friday, and I really feel lousy! Here's what I have done since Friday:

1 oz. Minerals before breakfast
Breakfast: Corti-trim, MRC-6, Flax, Enhancers, MSM, Multivitamin (all of those I take everyday), nutritional shake.

Lunch: exact same thing minus the vitamin

Supper: Pill regiment minus the vitamin and enhancers, 6 oz. protein (mine is a veggie dog), 1 slice 40-cal. bread, 8 oz. cucumbers with lime juice and hot sauce.
4 clear HNS
112 oz. water total.
1 oz. Minerals before bed.

I am light-headed, a little nauseous, and lethargic. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to up something or add something? I decided to give it one more day before going back to my regular eating, but about all I can do is sit - absolutely NO energy. Any suggestions will be MOST appreciated.

Last edited by chopingirl; 12-16-2007 at 10:11 AM.
chopingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:18 AM   #113  
Big loser!

S/C/G: 206/140/140

Height: 5'5.5

Sam, some days (usually weekends) I find myself chugging my last 32 oz of water between 9 and 10 pm! It doesn't seem to adversely effect things, but boy is it tough on the sleep, since I am up 3 or 4 times 'flushing the fat' as we call at at our clinic.

texdoc, yum, yum, yum! I love stuffed mushrooms! I think I'll hit Kroger today. I wonder if your recipe would be good using the MRC texas sauce recipe, for added zing?

16 more days until the New Year and I am SO excited to be less of a woman for the new year!
Nan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #114  
Bonnie

Nan said, "16 more days until the New Year and I am SO excited to be less of a woman for the new year!"

How true! I just started a week and a half ago and my friends think I'm crazy to start something before Christmas. I sat with them last night while they ate their fool heads off and polished it off with birthday cake AND pumpkin pie. It was slow torture. Then one of them asked me how/why I can do this. My only response was that I couldn't put it off for one more second...and the thought of adding more "holiday" weight for me to then lose in the new year just isn't worth all of it. I've been (obviously by looking at me) indulging for far too long - so now I'm going to learn how to abstain and be in control of what I'm eating. I'm thinking it'll work better for me that way.

So anyhow, hang in there. This is a tough season to be diligently in control! I just keep telling myself that it just isn't worth it. And now from Nan...that I'll be excited to see less of me after the holidays, rather than the usual.

Have a great day!
bomaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #115  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopingirl View Post
Good morning, MRCers!

I have a question for those that have tried the Meta-Quick menu. I have been on it since Friday, and I really feel lousy! Here's what I have done since Friday:

Breakfast: Corti-trim, MRC-6, Flax, Enhancers, MSM, Multivitamin (all of those I take everyday), nutritional shake.

Supper: Pill regiment minus the vitamin and enhancers, 6 oz. protein (mine is a veggie dog), 1 slice 40-cal. bread, 8 oz. cucumbers with lime juice and hot sauce.
4 clear HNS
112 oz. water total.

I am light-headed, a little nauseous, and lethargic. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to up something or add something? I decided to give it one more day before going back to my regular eating, but about all I can do is sit - absolutely NO energy. Any suggestions will be MOST appreciated.
Maybe you aren't eating enough? Let your center know what is happening to you tomorrow, and maybe they will have a different plan for you... Good luck!!!
losingweightnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #116  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

BOMAZE: I don't remember meeting you before, so WELCOME! I know that feeling of not putting it off one more day. I had a coffee date in October with a dear friend I hadn't seen since March (right after she started MRC). I didn't recognize her--literally! I was envious and, in my head, went through all the reasons MRC wouldn't be a good idea: short term solution, loss too quick, let's see if she can maintain, etc., etc. Then, about a week later, I thought, "I don't care about any of that, I just want to get there. Then I'll worry about how to stay there." I signed up the next morning. And have NOOOOOOOOO regrets. Cathey
texdoc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #117  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopingirl View Post
Good morning, MRCers!

4 clear HNS
112 oz. water total.

Chopingirl,
I don't know how many calories are in a shake, but I've got a feeling this is WAY low in calories. This time of year when there's so much going on seems like a really bad time to be trying this (I'm not sure anytime is a good time for it! - although I know some of the centers recommend it). I'm pretty sure the center I went to doesn't even recommend it at all because it is so low in calories.
If it were me & I were feeling like you describe, I'd go back to my regular menu - it ain't worth feeling that way! But that's just me.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:26 PM   #118  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

losingweightnow and meemo - Thanks for the advice. I knew by yesterday that my body wasn't liking it, and so tomorrow I go back to eating like I was before meta-quick. I was trying to get to my goal of 40 lbs. by Christmas, but not this way!!! Besides...who says I gotta get 40 lbs. off by Christmas? Forty shmorty - it's just a number, right?

Last edited by chopingirl; 12-16-2007 at 07:50 PM.
chopingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:31 PM   #119  
Super Maintainer

chopin I didn't see any mention of in between snacks. Even with metaquick you need your snacks. I would also recommend having the max HNS's per day as well. Hope you feel better
Old 12-16-2007, 10:54 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 186.5/164.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Speaking of 'cheats' and their reprocussions, I did a number on myself last night. My friends got some all-natural cream soda, and it looked so good I just had to have one. I have to admit, it tasted heavenly, and it was cane sugar so I chalked it up to an indulgence (i've been really good about staying out of the sugar so far).

I felt great for about an hour, and then I fell asleep in the chair I was sitting on. When I woke up a while later my head was pounding, my heart was racing, I had a horrible taste in my mouth, and when I stood up I had head rush that almost floored me. I didn't realize that none of those things had happened to me since I started program, and it used to be an almost daily occurance. My body does NOT like sugar! duh! I'm still feeling 'off' today, but i'm back on the wagon.

Someone asked for the deviled egg recipe pages ago, and I made it for my center's holiday cooking event on saturday so I thought I'd post it again. I'm no chef, so I need a recipe (dijonaise to taste doesn't work for me).

Deviled Eggs
2 med eggs
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp Dijonaise
sea salt to tast (or omit)
pepper

Hard Boil eggs and remove shell. Cut eggs into halves and mix yolks with all the ingredients listed. Put mixture into eggs and sprinkle with paprika if desired.

Servings:1
Replaces 1 protein serving

My virtual model also has a neat 3D model you can make of yourself to see what you will look like at various weights. www(dot)mvm(dot)com

Last edited by TeddieBare; 12-16-2007 at 10:59 PM.
TeddieBare is offline   Reply With Quote