Old 12-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #196  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

So, some more from class.... She talked about the vicious circle we get ourselves into in most diets....
It starts with
DEPRIVATION;
we deprive ourselves of everything like it's a punishment,
then it leads to
RESENTMENT or ANGER or POUTING;
which is followed by
EATING;
and it usually binge eating.
This then leads to
GUILT;
and feelings of not being deserving, or worth it.... This all then leads us back to DEPRIVATION.
We don't need to do this. Being on plan isn't deprivation, it's a choice... a healthy choice. We all are deserving, and worth it.

Last edited by namaste; 12-19-2007 at 10:58 AM.
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:59 PM   #197  

Height: 5'6''

Well, My birthday was wonderful! I have a crazy love for penguin decorations during the holidays and Hubby bought me 8 place settings of penguin dishes and glasses for my birthday. He knows me so well!

We went to Ted's Montana Grill and I had a REALLY good bison steak! With it I had a small salad, two small rolls and some sauteed mushrooms. Then...they brought out the snickerdoodle cookie and vanilla ice cream...not a good thing. I thought, You know what, it's my birthday...I'm gonna have a couple bites. I had a couple and then dropped my spoon on the floor...on purpose. No more bites for me That worked really well. I highly recommend dropping silverwear on restraunt floors to keep yourself from eating

Thanks for all the well-wishes! I appreciate you all and you make a huge impact on my day.

I'll post again later...I've got to get to lunch duty or the kindergartners are going to start a food fight
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:04 PM   #198  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

You're right, Namaste - SO RIGHT!

This morning over breakfast, a girlfriend asked me what I think about that is keeping me strong. I hadn't really thought much about it, so paused a moment and replied, "Water World." I can certainly take my children there and be one of the fat people that makes the less fat people feel better - but I don't want to be that person. That and I really, really miss the "me" that was.

Thanks for your encouragement, Namaste!
bomaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #199  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

It sounds like everybody's hanging in there as the holidays approach. The past few nights, I haven't slept well. Not worried, exactly, but just not able to shut my mind off about Christmas travelling, a situation at church, concern about a friend, etc. So, last night that started and I remembered that I had some Lunesta left over from when my husband died last year and decided to take one. THIS time, however, unlike every time before (and it's been months since I'd had one), I had a tough time waking up and just slogged through the morning feeling like #$%*. I got to MRC, thinking on my way," I NEED a cup of coffee. I NEED a more substantial lunch than the cottage cheese and blueberries I packed." Talked with my consultant who said it would be okay to try one cup of half-caf, but they don't recommend it because it's an appetite stimulant. I was feeling so droopy. But it was time for measurements and I've lost (drumroll, please) 34"! In two months! Then it was time to weigh and I lost 2.5 lbs for a total of 23!!! I'm still droopy in my body, but it made my lunch sound better to me. Thanks for letting me share. I love you guys.
texdoc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #200  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

way to go TexDoc! I am sure those great losings made you perk up a bit

Try to take a mental breather, is there something that you can do that will totally let you relax? For me it is getting my hair or nails done, seems like it never fails, I just feel great when I leave the salon. Is there a good friend that you could meet up with and maybe go see a movie and just get out and about, have a little fun? The holidays are sooo stressful, sometimes we have to look for fun just to relax.
Hang in there!
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:31 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Just a little advice

If you make the soda float from the recipe book....don't us a magic bullet blender with the whole can of soda! It WILL explode when you try to open it! LOL....

Sorry - just had to share!

But they are WAY yummy!!!
Raemi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:36 PM   #202  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
So, some more from class.... She talked about the vicious circle we get ourselves into in most diets....
It starts with
DEPRIVATION;
we deprive ourselves of everything like it's a punishment,
then it leads to
RESENTMENT or ANGER or POUTING;
which is followed by
EATING;
and it usually binge eating.
This then leads to
GUILT;
and feelings of not being deserving, or worth it.... This all then leads us back to DEPRIVATION.
We don't need to do this. Being on plan isn't deprivation, it's a choice... a healthy choice. We all are deserving, and worth it.
Namaste ~ Darn, looks like I really missed a good class. Thanks so much for summarizing it for us.

You make me feel like a rock star with your Graceland comparison I sure do love watching your progress. With your winning attitude and determination, I know you will be signing all those boards too. I am soooo proud of you!!!
WOW, The 35 pound board already!!!
nomoredonuts4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #203  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon everyone! I just wanted to say how happy i am to have found you all , Every chance i get i get on line just to read about everyones day and i feel like we are all good friends on this journey together it makes me hang in there and gives me hope.

Well today is day #3 on plan and i am down 5 pounds (on my own scale at home) i started at 240 and this morning i am down 235...I am going to mrc for my weigh in tommorrow so hopfully i am down more !
I just wanted to share and again i really appreciate all the support and kindness that you all offer on the thread, i know i can do this but having you all to turn to makes all the differance THANKS!!
alexiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:15 PM   #204  

Wow!! Soo excited I had my first creamy HNS today! The cappacino!!! LOVE IT! It is great to have something sweet! Anyway, Hope everyone is having a great week.
CHRISTYBEAN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:35 PM   #205  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 177/167/150

Default I'm back

Hi everyone,

It’s taken me three days to catch up on all these great postings. I missed take VI completely!

Hello to all the Newbies

I had so much going on with the family for the holidays & I am just taking a breather - Christmas should go easily - we had ours early so we could all be together.

Confessions - I gained 8 pounds but took 9 off very quickly. It’s really amazing how much water weight we can really carry around. I know that’s what it had to be, fat just does not burn that quickly. And I have maintained my weight in the 157-160 range. No official weigh in until tomorrow night. Lord I must be crazy to go at night, but I can't seem to find the time here lately. Just bite the bullet, swallow my ego & go.

Eventually I will stop sabotaging myself & get these last ten pounds off. And I know how to do it.

*Drink my water
*Stay on plan (duh)
*Go regularly to WI
*5 HNS a day
*FOCUS - FOCUS - FOCUS - reading material & reading & posting here.

If I did it all the way I am supposed to, I'd have the last part off in just a couple of weeks!

Donuts - WOW you've hit 100 pounds - You are the Big FAT loser!

Everyone on here is doing so well & I am so proud of all of us. This is a very tough journey, but we have proven that it can be done.

OK so I am back on track & focused! I feel better now!
smgyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #206  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
For me it is getting my hair or nails done, seems like it never fails, I just feel great when I leave the salon.
Usually I reward myself after a weigh in if it is a good one. Today I cried when I WI. I gained .5 of a pound. I have, however, found a set of clothes that I will WI from now on. That should help... I hope... But after the cry fest, the grief class through MRC, I felt emotionally bruised so I went and had my hair cut. I even paid the extra three bucks to have them give me a good wash and a scalp massage! It was worth it. Perhaps starting again tomorrow, I can get my metabolism up!!!

I hope that your week is going well everyone!!!

Hugs
Briana
Lilyannas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:29 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who is doing so well during this tough time of year. You are all wonderful.

Happy Birthday Sam. I love the idea of dropping your silverware. I think I may try that.

I was looking at the All Day ingredients so that I could find something similar at iherb. Strangely it has caffeine in it. I thought it was a big no no. I will have to ask.

Ok enough stalling, confession time. December has been a train wreck. I haven't really gained, but I have been off plan at some point almost everyday. Anyway, it has been almost two weeks since I have been into my center. I just feel stupid. I know what I should be eating. I know that I am making dumb choices. I just haven't wanted to go talk more about it. I feel like I am wasting their time. They have been really nice, but what more can they say but don't eat that and walk away. Has anyone else ever just not gone in. I am going to go back tomorrow. I am wondering what they are going to say.

Sorry I don't mean to stop the good vibe. I am just struggling to find my way back to where I was. At least it is less than a week until the big day. I am ready for Christmas to be over. I really believe that I will be ok then.

Again, you are all doing so wonderfully and I am so happy for each and every one of you for all of your successes. Keep it going. It is very inspirational. Take care.
SpringfieldAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:40 AM   #208  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
Goal4Life: At my center, they told me the fiber drinks needed to be taken with food, if not, the fiber had nothing to bind to. So, maybe watch the timing of when you drink them? I've used them a lot. I'm not sure they do anything though -- once I'm out, I probably won't buy them again.

Sam: Happy belated birthday!!
The fiber drinks are "free" drinks that you can drink any time of day. I think the max is 3, but they are suppose to help you feel full and keep you regular.

Maybe the side effect was your body getting ready to get rid of toxins... (or trying to get regular??).
losingweightnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:54 AM   #209  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringfieldAmy View Post
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who is doing so well during this tough time of year. You are all wonderful.

Happy Birthday Sam. I love the idea of dropping your silverware. I think I may try that.

I was looking at the All Day ingredients so that I could find something similar at iherb. Strangely it has caffeine in it. I thought it was a big no no. I will have to ask.

Ok enough stalling, confession time. December has been a train wreck. I haven't really gained, but I have been off plan at some point almost everyday. Anyway, it has been almost two weeks since I have been into my center. I just feel stupid. I know what I should be eating. I know that I am making dumb choices. I just haven't wanted to go talk more about it. I feel like I am wasting their time. They have been really nice, but what more can they say but don't eat that and walk away. Has anyone else ever just not gone in. I am going to go back tomorrow. I am wondering what they are going to say.

Sorry I don't mean to stop the good vibe. I am just struggling to find my way back to where I was. At least it is less than a week until the big day. I am ready for Christmas to be over. I really believe that I will be ok then.

Again, you are all doing so wonderfully and I am so happy for each and every one of you for all of your successes. Keep it going. It is very inspirational. Take care.
I, too, cheat everyday... I have been maintaining my weight over the last few weeks, so they said I would do great on maintenance. BUT every time I cheat I take myself out of the chemical process of this plan. It takes at least 3 days to get back into that process, which is the WHY of out bodies lose the weight. So this yesterdays wi was a real eye opener. On one hand I have been doing ok with the cheating and maintain - if only I was in the maintenance phase! On the other hand, my cheating in no way compares to how I use to eat - so that is BIG! In between I am not doing myself any good by cheating - even if it is grapes. (what I have been craving since I have been on plan).

I am taking over my body and mind this weekend and getting back into fat burning mode! I will not eat anything off plan - and when I go in on Monday to wi I will be posting a big loss! I am also going to start today and get back into the gym in our garage we have set up.

Good luck to everyone over this next week! It may be hard - but it is worth the fight!
losingweightnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:54 AM   #210  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by smgyorkie View Post

OK so I am back on track & focused! I feel better now!
Welcome back! I was wondering why you were MIA here.
Great point about the water weight, by the way. I think we get so focused on the weigh-ins that we can lose perspective about how many calories it takes to gain a pound of actual fat, and that a small cheat that shows up on the scale isn't fat gained, but water weight that will come off quickly - IF we don't throw in the towel!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote