Old 12-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #166  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Good morning ladies..HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!!!!!!
Well today so far so good it is day 2 on plan and i feel great!Today will be a challange i stayed home from work because my 3 yr old woke up sick , usually when i home alone i find things to cook thet i have not had in a long time and treat myself to all the yuck i can find! Not this time i am gonna get out of here finish my x-mas shopping and keep my mind on plan.... I will check in soon i hope everyone is having a great on plan day.
alexiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Happy Birthday Sam!
Raemi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:38 PM   #168  

Height: 5'6''

You all are so wonderful with your birthday wishes!! I am totally excited that by my next birthday, I should weight 100lbs less than I do right now! I'll almost be at goal weight (baring any changes to life) or already be at goal. It's exciting to think that this year, year 27 for me, will be the one where I live healthy. I'm so glad I decided to do this when I did. Thanks to all of you for your support so far.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:06 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Goal4life - good for you! 2 more pounds! I am going this afternoon, hoping for some kind of loss.

I had to go back to the Dentist today- tooth is really hurting! I have to take an antibiotic for 10 days and then will have to have a root canal and a crown! Merry Christmas to me! It is really hard for me to eat-- I sucked on my meal replacement bar for lunch and ate some green beans, but I can't really clank my teeth together or it sends me to the moon. What can I eat that will be soft and have the protein and stuff that I need? I am going to ask them when I weigh in. The Dr. said it should get better once the infection settles down in a couple of days.

Sam- Happy Birthday again! You are getting lots of good wishes! I hope you enjoy your meal out!
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Oh! I forgot to tell you all- I had to go buy some new pants for work!! Whoo hoo! I bought a couple pairs last week- size 12! I have not seen 12 in a very long time!!!! They were a tad tight when I bought them, but they are great now. All my other pants are baggin' and saggin'! I hate to buy really good clothes because I still want to lose, so I think I will be shopping the sale racks!
Never thought it would be fun to try on clothes! I was in a very tight 16 not very long ago! On the down side, my bra size has changed, too! Where do those things go??? lol
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #171  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Here's to you Sam (aka Hvnlymzic) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Wishing you a wonderful night out with your hubby on this very special day. I think I speak for all of us here in MRC land, we're so glad you are a part of our weight loss journey. You have made a tremendous impact on our lives!
nomoredonuts4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #172  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
It is really hard for me to eat-- I sucked on my meal replacement bar for lunch and ate some green beans, but I can't really clank my teeth together or it sends me to the moon. What can I eat that will be soft and have the protein and stuff that I need? I am going to ask them when I weigh in.
I feel your pain - been there, done that.
You might need to go on a mostly liquid diet - either the MRC shakes or try the Slim Fast low-carb or the EAS Advantage shakes - both taste pretty good, and are high protein, low carb. I've taken to grabbing one of those if I'm heading out the door & need something quick to eat. Beats going through a drive thru (even tho I've taken to getting a Happy Meal if I'm eating on the run, i.e. in the car - not the greatest, but at least the portions are small) - my sister can eat a salad while she's driving (scary!) but not me.
Hope those antibiotics kick in quickly!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:50 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Sam - About you getting hungry 1/2 hour after your meal. Are you doing a fiber drink at mealtime at all?

graduatethin - Congrats on those size 12s!!! Way to go!!! I'm sure there are a lot of cute clothes in a 12!
Raemi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:27 PM   #174  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Graduate....For your protein problem...

Not sure if you like black beans, kidney beans etc...but I know on the vegetarian MRC menu, that is used for protein, you could ask your center about that, as you can cook them to soft...what about scrambled eggs?

Last edited by Goal4Life; 12-18-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:28 PM   #175  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

I have two questions that I have been dying to ask...

Is anyone here on the vegetarian menu? and is anyone here taking Alli while being on program?
Lilyannas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:02 PM   #176  

LILYANNAS MOM- I am not on either sorrry but i used to be on orlistat which is now alli i believe.. i was only on it about a week because i could not do it at work, or you thinking of starting?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:19 PM   #177  

Does anyone know how i can post a ticker?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:20 PM   #178  

Nevermind.....lol
Old 12-18-2007, 09:23 PM   #179  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

I was just wondering if anyone was on it. I am curious about the vegetarian menu. I have been a vegetarian in the past, so eating 6 ounces of meat at a time can be tough for me. I was wondering if nut butters (the fresh ground no sugar added stuff) went as a protein. If so I was wondering what the measurement was that you could have? A Tablespoon? More? Less?

I have to share something. You know I have been really down lately. Well tonight I decided to try another thing from the cookbook (I haven't had any luck with the recipes in there yet I thought they were all awful). Well I made the chili recipe for the superbowl thing (I cut the recipe in half, added extra protein and cooked in in a pot) and it was SOOOOO yummy!!!! I am so excited about it!
Lilyannas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:56 PM   #180  

Default Hunger

I was told by my center that egg whites are a "free" food, and that if I was ever feeling really hungry to scramble a few up and to them with some Roberto's Salsa -- I've done that a few times and it really helped.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote