Old 12-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

You are so right, Meemo! If you stumble a bit, just pick yourself up and get going again. I am really concerned about all the holiday stuff! I have the School District Holiday tea this afternoon, my husband turns 50 tomorrow and then my family will be coming! This is not going to be easy..... I am just going to do the best I can and when it is over, I will get right back to work. I am not going to stress myself out over this! I have enough other stressors in my life! I am glad that I have all of you to talk about this with!
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #212  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

AMY: The hardest part is going back in. Keep telling them how you're feeling and what's going on in your thoughts when you decide to make an off-plan choice. If they don't know what it's like for you, they can't help (and ask for your favorite consultant--sorry, but some just are better than others). The hard times are when we need each other the most. No shame here ever, okay? Just looking for solutions from people on the same path.

The biggest struggle for me this week has been wanting to have a cocktail. For me, one of the smells of Christmas is a mingle of Christmas tree, oranges, and bourbon. Guess what kind of family I came from! But it still calls to me. Last night, I came home and made a hot lemon HNS with a tea bag steeped in it. It got me through the urge.

Have a fabuloso day, everyone.
texdoc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:03 PM   #213  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

texdoc2001 2.5 lbs! 23 total lbs!! and 34 inches!!! Great job! You are doing fantastic! I know you will have tough days, but try to focus on the bigger picture... like this fantastic loss you are having!

smgyorkie welcome back! we've missed you!

LilyannasMom oh, the cry fest... I had one of those last month after a gain as well but you know what? I think they are sometimes necessary. And, I think it just shows you how important this whole process is for you. It did for me. I was just soooo mad, and sad about it all (especially because I had stayed on plan, and I was up 3lbs!). But then, the next week I was down. And more focused. Keep up the good work and know we are all here for you.
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #214  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone PHEW!! I finally got caught up on the reading - it has taken me about 3 days!! I had so much work to catch up on when we got back from the cruise, that I missed about 5 days of reading . . . then I thought I would never catch up!! So many wonderful success - DONUTS - YOU ROCK!!!!! I had no doubt that you would be signing the 100 lb board before Christmas! You continue to inspire me! Sam, you're continuous posts and willingness to share you insights are incredibly inspirational - I feel like you are family. I was singing to you yesterday - just didn't want to post until I got caught up on the reading. KrazyKK, you are a dynamo! It was so wonderful to catch up in person and I'm relieved to see you are back on the fat burning train. You truly deserve to be healthy in your body because your spirit is amazing. I expect great things from you - and you are losing fast!! JanT should be getting on the ship by now. I look forward to seeing how you did during your 5 days of temptation. SpringfieldAmy - Thanks for thinking of me and hang in there girl! Take one meal at a time - just try to get in the zone and focus on taking care of your body. When faced with cheating, ask yourself if it is worth a 3 day set back. If it is, enjoy every bite, if not, just say NO! You deserve to be at a healthy weight - just focus on the freedom you will have in your new skin! Meemo - I am so grateful for your contributions. I love that you didn't leave us once you hit maintenance. You are the light at the end of the tunnel and I appreciate you being there. You are showing us that there isn't an end to our journey, we need to continue to make healthy choices for the rest of our lives. You show us that our struggles are worth it, and we are in our programming stage of how to live a healthy life. There are so many incredible success to celebrate here - I have been doing the happy dance with each victory and hugging you with each struggle. My on-line family - you have been with me each day of this journey

Well, here's a quick run down on what's been happening with me in the last 2 weeks. I enjoyed every bite of my indulgences on the ship, but as soon as I walked through the doors of my house, I happily went right back on plan. I only had a slip up the 2nd day - goodies left on the counter, not enough pre-planning in the food department and overly hungry. Just a cinnamon roll and few pieces of chocolate, but I quickly dusted myself back off and stocked the house with good healthy food. I didn't get to the center to wi until 3 days later and I showed a 1/2 lb gain. I thought it would be a loss, so I was a little shocked and it just made me more determined. Monday I wi'd and lost 3 lbs and wi'd this morning with another 3 lbs - that's 6 for the week. I'm at 221.5 on day 104 - a total loss of 39.5 lbs. So close to that 40lb board - it's mine at the next wi!! Monday they did my measurements and I'm also down 33 "!! That's another 7 3/4" for the month - during the time most American's gain. Our board is just awesome!! Do you remember how freaked out we all were going into Halloween and we seem to be sailing through the worst goodie month of the year with ease In reflection, I seemed to have stayed in the 20 lb loss range forever! That was a really hard 10 lb range for me - once I broke through it - the 30 lb range seemed to come off really fast. It's funny how our bodies fight us so hard to keep the weight on in different phases. One more victory - I started in a 22W and now my 18W's are baggy. The regular 16's are still a little tight (I've just received another box of hand me down's ) but I know I will be wearing these skinny looking things before too long.

I've updated my photo! Carnival has this copyright stuff they do - so the photo is wavy when you skan it - but I think you will get the idea. Just click on my flying fat girl and it will take you to the photo. The first photo was taken at the same time last year - in both photo's we're getting off the boat to go snorkling - we have on the same back packs and my husband is even wearing the same shirt! I wish the first one was clearer because I have a lot of chin and neck in that photo! It was shocking for me when I put these two pictures side by side. I always felt I looked more like the right photo, now I see myself as thinner, but my mental image is getting closer to reality.

So much more to say - but I'm glad I'm current now with the reading!

Last edited by ShineOn; 12-20-2007 at 01:30 PM.
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Wow shineon!!! What a difference in those photos! Great job! And way to go on getting right back on plan when you got back! That's what a lot of don't do...when we go off plan...we never get back on. And way to go on the 6 lbs in a week as well!!

Rae
Raemi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

ShineOn: It is so good to hear from you, you always know just the right thing to say! I have missed your posts, hope things will slow down for you soon- yeah, right, with the holidays upon us. Congrats on 6 lbs in one week-- you did get right back to work, didn't you!! Whoo hoo!

Those pics are awesome! That is a great way to show how far you've come, look how much more your beautiful eyes show! You look like you were having a blast in both, but you surely look more healthy now! Thanks for sharing!! I think I would recognize you now if I saw you at the center.
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #217  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

Fabulous photos, ShineOn! Thanks for posting them.

Accountability check: Made it the the gym today for 40 minutes of cardio.
texdoc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #218  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Thanks for the kind words! Texdoc - great job on the new exercise routine - that will help a lot with the sleeping. I had trouble sleeping well until I was about a month into the regular exercise. BTW, I had to google (or as we like to call it in our house - "Go Ogle" since my name is Gina Ogle!) gazelle's. I had no idea what it was!! I'll stick to my ecliptic (spelling?)! I tried the original nordic trac once and spent more time trying not to fall off. I'm not very coordinated!

Here's a trick for the cocktail season - I keep a package of pineapple powder (if I have a water bottle available) & mixed berry concentrate on hand. Get a cocktail glass with a sprig or garnish and pour your HNS in the glass. Everyone will assume you have a cocktail and you'll have something to hold in your hand and sip on. It will curve the appetite, so by the time you eat the meal, you won't be as hungry. A win win!

An aha moment for me - I realize I'm really enjoying the company of people this year at all the holiday parties I'm going to. The focus in not on the food anymore for me. I'm spending more time talking and less time eating. One very challenging lunch last week was held at Valentino's - an Italian buffet with lots of pasta and pizza. They do have a salad bar and steamed tailpia - but the fish was almost crunchy this time. I was mumbling a bit and a fellow guest, who knows me well, said "come on Gina, one meal won't kill you." I quickly and joyfully replied, "yes it will!" I crunched through my fish knowing the spot light was on me and I wanted to show them all my healthy new eating habits! Party on people - we can do it on plan!!

Last edited by ShineOn; 12-20-2007 at 03:16 PM.
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:31 PM   #219  

Height: 5'6''

shineon - You look GREAT! I didn't know carnival did that to their pictures...I'll have to try to scan one of ours and see if it does that...learn something new every day. It looks to me like maybe you Husband has lost a little weight in his face as well. I'm glad you're back. We missed your input

I am getting just a little tired of people worrying about me "missing out" when we're eating. That has been happening more and more recently and I always point out that, HELLO, it's worth it! They'll get it eventually, I hope!
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #220  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

Talking

I just wanted to check in!! I hope that you are all having a lovely day!
Lilyannas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #221  

where do you find this "Roberto's Salsa"?
marylou65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:14 PM   #222  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylou65 View Post
where do you find this "Roberto's Salsa"?
You can get it at Sam's, Walmart, Albertsons, and Whole Foods.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:53 PM   #223  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post

I am getting just a little tired of people worrying about me "missing out" when we're eating. That has been happening more and more recently and I always point out that, HELLO, it's worth it! They'll get it eventually, I hope!
Well, you are missing out. You're missing out on 85 lbs & counting!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:31 PM   #224  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
You can get it at Sam's, Walmart, Albertsons, and Whole Foods.
Does it have onions in it? Like yellow onions?
Lilyannas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:50 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'6

Shine On: Your pictures are so wonderful. It must feel great to have the proof right there in front of you. You are getting the job done and the difference is clear. Congratulations.

LosingWeightNow: I will try to get back in there with you. I keep looking at how much better I am doing then pre MRC too. I would have never been maintaining right now before MRC. At least my cheats are becoming less and less obscene. Small or large they do stop us from losing though so enough of that. I am going to be really mad at myself when I write the check to add more time to my contract.

TexDoc: Thanks for the advice. I did go back in today. I did get my favorite consultant. She was so nice and kept saying she felt so bad that people feel like they don't want to come in during the hard times. That is what they are there for. She was very positive and kept saying that it is going to click in and I will wonder what kept me from doing it all along. All and all a good experience. I actually lost a pound in the last two weeks, cheats and all. I left feeling pretty good.

Have a great night everyone. Thanks for your support.
SpringfieldAmy is offline   Reply With Quote