Old 12-18-2007, 10:24 PM   #181  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyannas Mom View Post
and is anyone here taking Alli while being on program?
I'd think Alli would be a bad idea on MRC - it's already a low-fat program & we need some dietary fat. Since Alli prevents absorption of some fat you'd risk not getting enough fat.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

I wi today and lost 2.5 poundsi!! They also did measurements and tantia-- all is well. I have lost 24.5 inches! I am so happy! My tooth is feeling better already, thank goodness! I did eat cheese and crackers for dinner....... not sure that it was exactly on plan, but it worked for me. The crackers were those new ones with vegietables. I am tired, it has been a long day! Good night all.
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:36 AM   #183  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I'd think Alli would be a bad idea on MRC - it's already a low-fat program & we need some dietary fat. Since Alli prevents absorption of some fat you'd risk not getting enough fat.
I didn't think about that. I was really thinking about starting it, but was just curious if there were people on it But yeah we do need fat, so since it is already low fat, it would probably take out the rest. That would make us all sick puppies!!! Thanks Meemo!
Lilyannas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:52 AM   #184  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
I wi today and lost 2.5 poundsi!! They also did measurements and tantia-- all is well. I have lost 24.5 inches! I am so happy! My tooth is feeling better already, thank goodness! I did eat cheese and crackers for dinner....... not sure that it was exactly on plan, but it worked for me. The crackers were those new ones with vegietables. I am tired, it has been a long day! Good night all.
Great job Graduate..you got to sign the 30 pound board!
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:56 AM   #185  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Has anyone had a weird nauseus feeling after they drink the fiberfill drink? I tried it yesterday, and am not sure if I like it...about 30 mins after taking it, my stomach made gurgling noises and I got really sick feeling...
Old 12-19-2007, 08:24 AM   #186  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

Lilyannas mom - I'm on the vegetarian menu for MRC. I can have 1/4 cup brazil nuts, almonds, walnuts, peanuts or sunflower seeds 4x per week as my protein, but I haven't ever heard of 'nut butters' before (I'm assuming there is a 'nut' involved.) There are three different groups of protein on my menu, and I can choose from groups 1 and 3 daily, and group 2 4x per week. I don't know that anybody else here would like to know what's all on it, but I can send you a personal email if you would like to know what's there.

FYI, I make the Texas chili from the MRC cookbook with Boca Smart Ground. It is DELICIOUS!!!!

GOOD MORNING to all!!!! I had a weigh-in yesterday and was down 2 pounds, so I'm 2.5 pounds away from the 40-lb. board. I'm closer, but am not stressing about getting there by Christmas anymore. Thanks for all the feedback about the Meta-Quick program!!

Everyone have a WONDERFUL day!!

Last edited by chopingirl; 12-19-2007 at 09:46 AM.
chopingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:02 AM   #187  

Goal4Life: Actually, I signed the 30 pound board last week! Yippee! I also got to look at my before picture yesterday. Wow! Was that eye opening!

I haven't tried the fiberfill drink- what is that for?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:16 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

[B]Graduate[/ B] Whoo hoo Way to go! You are well on your way! Congrats on the size 12's also. I can't wait to see you!

Goal4Life I drink several of the fiber drinks a day and have never had a problem with nausea. But each of us is different!

Chopin Whoo hoo Way to go on your loss! You will be at the 40lb board before you know it! My manager told me not to worry about the numbers on the scale. There is so much more involved than that number! However, I know how exciting it is to get to those big "0" numbers!

Have a great day all!
krazykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:51 AM   #189  

Goal4Life: At my center, they told me the fiber drinks needed to be taken with food, if not, the fiber had nothing to bind to. So, maybe watch the timing of when you drink them? I've used them a lot. I'm not sure they do anything though -- once I'm out, I probably won't buy them again.

Sam: Happy belated birthday!!
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #190  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Happy Belated Birthday to you hvnlymzic I was planning to go online yesterday but my son was sick (strep and an ear infection) so I never go to the computer. I hope you had a wonderful day!
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:15 AM   #191  
Denise

4myltl1s Congrats on your loss! The 35lb board is yours! Keep up the good work!

Goal4life Great job!!! 2lbs!!! 40lb board here you come!

GraduateThin 2.5lb loss and Size 12 in the same week!!! Nice!

Chopingirl 2lbs!!! Whoa! and only 2.5lbs from 40! Oh yeah! You are there!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:33 AM   #192  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
Goal4Life: Actually, I signed the 30 pound board last week! Yippee! I also got to look at my before picture yesterday. Wow! Was that eye opening!

I haven't tried the fiberfill drink- what is that for?
Sorry, I must've missed the part on that one. Congrats on it belated
Size 12, wow! I hope to be there by summer
I know what you mean about seeing your before pic...I got a glimpse at mine..and it was a shocker!

The fiberfill drinks are just what they say, fiber drinks, and they supposedly make you feel full longer. I will have to try again, maybe a different time of day or something. They were really sweet also. I am still out on the jury with them.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:34 AM   #193  
Denise

I had WI yesterday and lost 1.5 lbs and signed the 35 lb board! I also attended the class, "finding the connection". It's taught by a licensed counselor and this one was about listening to the voice of addiction. She explained when needs or traits are not met or affirmed early in childhood, that most will go externally for validation of those needs. This is what sets up addictive traits. We talked about different kinds of addiction as well (i.e. shopping, gambling, alcohol, drugs, food) and that food addiction is the only addiction that people have to continue to use to live which makes it the hardest addiction. I thought it made a lot of sense.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:37 AM   #194  

Namaste: Thanks for all your support!!

ChopinGirl, 4myltl1s, Goal4Life: Great job on the losses!! We should all be so proud of our losses, this is a hard time of the year and we are doing it!! I really don't feel deprived- I am not hungry, I am feeling so much better and I am so determined to get through these holidays and get to my goal. I am on track to be to goal by Jan. 25th-- I hope I can do it! I know I can't do it without all of you!! Thank you!!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #195  

Namaste: Congrats on your loss!! Whoo Hoo!! You are doing great!!!