Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:33 PM   #421  
carol

S/C/G: 230/144/145

Height: 5'4"

Arrow

Thanks, Flo and Maya!

Flo--I've lost 19 pounds on MF and have done it over the last 5 weeks. The rest of the weight I lost last year doing Ultrametabolism by Dr. Mark Hyman (BTW--not the short version, but his original book.) Over the past year and a half I have also done several different types of exercise including: walking, jogging, roller blading, elliptical and weight training.

Maya--"overweight" is soooo where it's at! Way cool. (Of course you've been living the dream for several weeks now...)
Seriously, it's very encouraging. I have to say, though, that my compulsive tendencies are now starting to become focused on creating a working maintennance plan instead of just the general anxiety of the diet. More and more I realize that the diet is the easy part...especially MF.

Today, I'm gonna try to make soy cheese and mac using Shirataki noodles. I'll let you all know how it goes... I'm hoping to create a tasty on-plan reward!

I'm also considering going a bit over-budget and getting myself an elliptical trainer for Christmas. Schwinn makes a few that are very tempting...

Carol

Last edited by camorgana; 12-19-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #422  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

Carol . . . I can hardly wait to be able to say "I'm overweight".
Old 12-19-2007, 06:07 PM   #423  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Ms meowee, you'll get there. We ALL will, but at different rates. The only constant is the support you'll find on this thread!
ANYWAYS, my hot Hot HOT contractor was here this morning...sigh...don't get me wrong -- I love my husband dearly and would never ever do anything when he's gone that I wouldn't do if he was in the same room with me, AND my HOT contractor is married, but man oh MAN a girl can look....
Half my roof is now shingled -- the poor roofer was up there in the cold (-9C) hammering each shingle in BY HAND -- he didn't use his power nailer because it was too cold!!!! What a guy!
Just updated my ticker -- 1 lb gone this week, and I am GRATEFUL for every one that vanishes. Like I've come to terms with, I can't control the speed of my weight loss, only what I eat. So far, I've been 100% OP, but I do intend to enjoy a Christmas meal with dear friends of mine, and another one with my dear SIL. So there!!!!! Life happens!!!! Won't post this on the MF boards, though, as I am quite flammable these days with DH gone...
I'll post again later,
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 12-19-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:16 PM   #424  

Default Way to go

Ah, to be just overweight. Hopefully I'll hit it in January.

I'm here and reading the posts. I've been home with a sick child today and trying to catch up on holiday prep. I've got to make the most of the sick day you know.

Have a great evening everyone!

Maria
Old 12-19-2007, 08:17 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 211/203/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi Everybody!

MayaYou're bad girl! I think I'm jealous!!! Having some hunks around can be wonderfully motivating!

Flo I started the program on 10/31. I have been strictly MF on 5-1 plan. After the first three weeks it slowed down.. but the inches are way noticeable! So don't just look at the scale. I picked out an outfit that I couldn't get into... hung in on my closet door as motivation when the scale was a Pain... I'm in the outfit! but still not yet at goal....

Camorgana That is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!!

Meowee Don't get discouraged. We will all get there! Once you get started you'll see the lbs/inches and time will fly....

Gotta go! Talk to you all later!

We can do this!!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 11:04 PM   #426  

Height: 5'5"

Yay to Carol for being overweight instead of obese! Next stop Normal.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:48 AM   #427  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Yay Carol!! Overweight is WAY COOL!! By the way, spend the bucks for the eliptical. It's good fun and it burns calories by the buckets.

Maya, we married ladies can still look...not stare, that's uncomfortable for everyone. And yeah, you're smart to avoid saying anything about c-h-e-a-t-i-n-g on the Medifast Boards. Christmas day, however, is one of two days (the other is your birthday) that even Oprah recognizes as free days. Enjoy.

Meowee and everyone else, Yay for you!! Everyone is doing such a wonderful job!

I just ordered the Beck Diet Solution. It's supposed to be a phenomenal book that teaches you how to think positively about dieting. I'm willing to try anything that even looks promising....But I've heard amazing things about it.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:29 AM   #428  

You guys are just doing great! I just can't believe how easy this program is when you have the right mindset! For me, just getting started seemed to take forever but once I did...

Have been a little MIA - dealing with some isses but staying completely on plan. When I started this, I decided I had to - no matter what...will go back and catch up on the posts!

Keep up the great work and close your eyes around all the goodies..as the saying goes "this to shall pass!"

Last edited by SweetP; 12-20-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:33 AM   #429  
banned

'Morning, all!
Thanks for posting ms SweetP! Sounds like you are on the weight loss train with the rest of us. Although I think I have the train's caboose on my heinie!!!
Anyways, how is everyone else doing? Ms Cammie, how was your "mac and cheese"? Details!!!!
Gotta dash - Mr. Hottie has a question for me about the reno.....
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 12-20-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #430  
Onward and Downward

Hi
Old 12-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #431  
banned

Hi Ms Meowee!
How is your fur family? Are they all getting better?
Maya
Old 12-20-2007, 10:03 AM   #432  
Onward and Downward

Thanks for asking MAYA -- Twins (Frick and Frack are pretty good. Mouse is in awful humour -- don't think he feels all that great yet. Blizzard is just fine. Will be picking Purrecious up from the Vet's early this afternoon. Hope they can all stay relatively healthy until I get back from Ontario on the 3rd of January. After I see the Vet bill that has been running for two weeks now, I may be too sick to go. However, the flight is already paid for and is non-refundable, so I am going.

Last edited by meowee; 12-20-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #433  
banned

Your fur family will be fine, I'm sure. And since the ticket is pre-payed, there isn't much else that you can do, except maybe auction a kidney or part of your liver off on eBay -- one solution to our renovation cost crunch!!!!!
hahahaha!
Later,
Maya
Old 12-20-2007, 01:17 PM   #434  
carol

S/C/G: 230/144/145

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Mac and Soy Cheese

O.K.--it was really pretty good.

I've gotten the hang of the shirataki noodles, but I'm gonna work on making a better (or an actual) sauce.

For the shirataki, I purchased the spaghetti shaped ones (most recipes and recommendations I've seen for these noodles--made of tofu and yam flour--opt for the angel hair, but I haven't found those here yet). I rinsed them in a strainer for a bit and then microwaved them in a bowl with a paper towel over the top for 1 minute.

Then--I melted the soy cheese with a little bit of real cheese--I used low-fat real cheddar, 1 tsp margarine and then veggie slices cheddar flavor and veggie shreds parmesan. And it just wasn't saucy--instead very sticky cheesy lump. But it was tasty enough and I mixed in the noodles and ate it ALL.

Next time time I'll omit the real cheese and opt for a different fat serving (I think I can with that)--1/2 cup whole milk--and it might even create a sauce.

Maya--thanks for posting those recipes earlier in the week. I'm totally gonna try making the "fried rice" with shirataki! I'll just add eggs instead of meat for my protein. Getting droolie--must go get a Vanilla Readi-made Shake...

Have a great MF-ing day, everyone!

Carol
Old 12-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #435  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good afternoon. I'm still plugging along but there seems to be slippage every day! I guess this time of year was not a good one for me to start this programme.

Today the slippage was 6 oz of really fresh blackberries! At least they were under 100 (88) calories and had fiber (9g)! Dinner tonight will be stir fried chicken breast with broccoli and red peppers over shredded cabbage.

By slippage, I mean being off programme - the weight is still 200.5. Maybe tomorrow? I seem to be doing 4 MF meals OK but dinner and the evening are not always on programme.

By the way, this thread is getting too long. (Long threads take longer to load if folks are on dial-up.) We should start a new one January 1st, maybe with a catchy name. Not MFers!
Closed Thread