Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 09:01 AM   #406  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Still digging a bit, Maya. Wanna drive up here with your neighbour's snow blower? I wouldn't trust you with my shovel!

My weight is still the same today but I know it will drop soon - if I watch for the slippage! This is such a hard time of year to be pure! It looks like I'll have company from the 23rd right through to the first weekend in January! That'll keep me busy changing the guest room bed. I wonder if they have sleeping bags - seems ungracious somehow. I love it but it's going to be hectic. "Poor Ruthie, all alone for Christmas with Harry in the nursing home. We must work in a visit." At the moment Christmas Night and Boxing Day night are available if you want to book in. I do not accept American Express!

Today will be an "at home" day aside from the gym trip. I have decorating still, holiday pre-cooking and some wrapping to finish. Remind me to start earlier next year.

Gotta crank up the day. It's nearly time for the mid-morning snack.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:14 AM   #407  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Today is looking fairly decent around here -- it is still cold and fairly windy, but the sun is shining at the moment and as long as you can stay home and not have to brave the ice-covered roadways, things are not too bad.

The four at home cats are doing pretty good. Hopefully I'll be able to get Purrecious home and on the mend too in another day or two.

Keep fighting the good fight everybody . . . see you later . . .
Old 12-18-2007, 10:20 AM   #408  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Thank you so much Maya for the link! It will really help! I do not have access to the main website since i go to a Medifast center.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:36 AM   #409  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi ms Flo -- ask them at the Medifast center for the details as to how to log onto the mymedifast site. They SHOULD be able to provide you with those details, as you are eligible for access since you are a MFing customer -- hahahaha!
Good to hear from you Ms Meowee. My vet says that cats are the most resilient creatures EVER. He says that if you put two cat bones in opposite corners of a room, they will eventually grow together and mend!!!
Ruthee-sorry to hear your DH is in the Nursing Home. It IS interesting, though, how people are concerned that one will be "all alone" and come and visit which actually CREATES more work than one might be prepared for! I will be alone this Christmas (DH is off in foreign lands!), and have had to field my share of what I term "well intentioned but pity invites" from people I barely know, yet insist that I MUST come for Christmas Day gift openings/etc. I appreciate the gesture, but at the same time, I KNOW that if my DH was here we as a couple would never be invited to these homes! I have, though, successfully fended off my well-intentioned yet completely boorish brother's insistance that he "come and visit". He creates MORE WORK for me than any 15 people I know, and treats my home as though it were a hotel with room service. I've told him a hundred times about my house rules (make your bed, clean up after yourself, show up for meals when I prepare them, clear the table occasionally, strip the bed when you go), but he says he will comply and then never does. Great! A passive-aggressive 40-yr-old. And, YES, he's single!!! He can't figure out why...Anyways, solitude is never something that scared me, and I am quite enjoying the thought of waking up by the fire with my fur family and doing nothing all day!!!
Later, all!
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 12-18-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #410  
banned

Hi all!
If you check the attachments, I was able to upload a Medifast Survival Guide that was created by one MF member and put on the public blog site. It is full of recipes and hints...
WARNING - NONE OF THESE RECIPES OR HINTS has been vetted by the MF Nutrition Staff. SO USER BEWARE!!! They may NOT be on plan, they may NOT be legal, so take from it what you will and beware that you do so at your own risk!!!
Hope this works,
Maya
Old 12-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #411  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Uggghh, I sound like an alcoholic I know..... I just wanted to know the answer to my question. I get stubborn like that. I usually drink fruity or sugary drinks - yummy! I probably won't indulge, especially if it's gonna slow things down. I need a big loss on the first week or I may find reasons to "love myself the way I am." Thank you ever so much Princess Maya!

What do you all do in your lives? I teach 10th grade English. Happily I don't have to work until Jan 3rd. Right now I'm washing a TON of laundry and laughing quietly at my husband and daughter who have to finish out this week.

Great job - I admire all of you for being so dedicated during this time. I'm jealous and super motivated to join you!!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #412  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Wow - the recipes look amazing!!! Thank you!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #413  
banned

Ms Michelle! You DON'T sound like an alcoholic! Yours was a perfectly legitimate question, and like I said, if having some NOG this season or a spritzer or SOMETHING helps you out, then DO IT!
Often I think we all get into the mindset of "OK, 2 lbs/week over 10 weeks is 20 LBS!!! SO, if I cut back some MORE, I should have 30 LBS OFF!!! And, if I work really, REALLY hard, well then..."
It will come off when it comes off, as long as you make an honest committment to the program and do the best that you can do each day. Some days, your best will be 100%, and others, maybe not. Just do the best that you can, and the rest will follow!
Maya
Old 12-18-2007, 07:54 PM   #414  

S/C/G: 211/203/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi Everybody!

Just wanted to check in. I'm at work reading all the posts! You ladies are awesome!

One suggestion to Fabulous re the Chocolate! Put it in the freezer! That way if you get really tempted you will have to thaw it out first and that will force you to really think about it. Plus you might ruin it!!! Oh Darn! And you won't want to do that if you are going to give it to DH! Hope that helps!

Enjoyed the suggestions re: the oatmeal I'll take a look at the suggested sites.

Maya! About the eggs....I'm sorry I forgot you were without a stove! That does make a huge difference. AND are you behaving yourself with those workmen????

Meowee Hang in there with the kittys! Sounds like the medical care is working.

Can't post weight loss to date this post as I didn't get on scale Saturday as usual. I have a goal to get into a specific suit for Church Sunday.... the inches are coming off. AND I don't want the scale messing with my psyche now!

I'm off all next week so I'll be able to read and share more!

Hang in there everyone!
We can do this!
Old 12-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #415  
banned

Hi mroz!
HOTTEST. CONTRACTOR. EVER.
Sigh...
Maya
Old 12-18-2007, 11:04 PM   #416  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome new MF'ers! I am really enjoying "The Only Diet there is" by Sondra Ray. It has been really interesting reading for me, full of affirmations.

I am starting to feel tempted by the holidays. This all out food frenzy has gone on for months now. I have managed to stay on program, remembering to bring the RTD in my purse. Oh, kids found me. More later!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:23 AM   #417  
carol

S/C/G: 230/144/145

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Good morning, all!

I did it. I went to the med center, got on a very fancy scale and it said...(imagine The Biggest Loser scale sound effects here and/or old skool--drum roll)...

170.3!!!

(grain of salt...right...)

Who would have thought it would feel so good to only be "overweight?"

Hang in there everyone--this does work and it is what we really want!

Carol
Old 12-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #418  

Congratulations Carol on reaching 170!!!

I will be so happy when i get there too... although it will take a few months... Thanks for posting your success, it will keep me motivated to stay on the plan!
Old 12-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #419  

Mzroz: How long did it take u to reach 195? We have about the same starting weight... Did you just do MF?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:24 AM   #420  
banned

Ms Cammy!!!!
WAY TO GO!!!!!

How does it feel to be merely "overweight"????
We need ALL the details!
Maya
Closed Thread