Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 09:04 AM   #451  

Hi everyone -

Enjoy reading all the posts, the pics etc. You guys are great!

Still POP-ing along I have been reading some of the success stories on the medifast site - WOW they are great! Really helps some times

I have had a rough year - parent passed away recently, job loss etc so I am looking toward a great year ahead with you all!

Take care and have a great day!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 09:16 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/160

Height: 5"5"

Default Help!

Hi All,
Does anyone have any suggestion of what to do with the chicken noodle soup! . I have 5 more packets to suffer thru and can't stand it.
The little dried pieces of chicken just make me want to yark , has anyone strained it? does that work??
I also feel the same way about the beef stew and have 6 packets of that left.
I have tried soaking but to no avail.
I don't want to throw away this very expensive stuff, but I am at my wits end!
Merry Xmas Meowee! hope things get better.
Maya, Camo Ruthxxx, everybody enjoy!
boo-hoo I have to work. But will celebrate on thursday when I am off.
Please don't drink and drive folks...
Old 12-22-2007, 09:25 AM   #453  

Hey everyone, I'm still here too but struggling. I had a bad run-in with pizza and sangria last night. *sigh* I'm going to try to get remotivated after Christmas but it may be after New Year's. My MIL is coming in on the 26th and she stresses me out....she's very nice but she follows me around everywhere and talks constantly. I'm hoping the kids will distract her and I can get a few things done while I'm off work. Also, I'm waiting for my licensing exam results and though it didn't bother me until now, this week since other states started getting their results has been killer. Tennessee is always slow getting theirs out so it will probably be late next week before I see them. I'm thinking positive and staying OP as much as I can. I'm thinking every little bit helps...I hope anyway.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

Maria
Old 12-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #454  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!
Ms Fab: here is the best that I could come up with from the MF boards:
What to do with Chicken noodle soup:
2 cups water
1 t. chicken bouillon
1 pkg. chicken noodle soup
garlic powder
poultry seasoning
pepper
salt
Cook it on top the stove for about 30 minutes.
OR
Chicken noodle risotto:
Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray. Pour the chicken noodle powder into a small baking dish and poured in a little water (have to experiment 2-4tbsp or so) and 1/4 teaspoon of McCormick Salt Free Garlic and Herb seasoning, 1 tsp of parmesan cheese, 10 sprays of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray, and 10 sprays of that new spray dressing-Caesar flavor. Preset the oven at 350 degrees and let it bake until brown and the noodles were crunchy on the top and on the sides. (kind of moist/gooey in the middle). The middle reminds one of risotto.
OR
chicken noodle chips
1 pack chicken noodle soup mix, ground FINE in your blender/magic bullet (IMPORTANT!)
1 tsp baking powder
onion powder (to taste)
garlic powder (to taste)
basil (to taste - particularly good with cr of tomato soup)
1/2 to 2/3 cu water (depending on how thin/crispy you like 'em)

Mix dry ingredients. Add water, and this part really is trial and error. If you like them thin (more of a crispy chip than a cracker) use more water. Drop onto parchment paper or non-stick sprayed cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for about 7 minutes, then flip and bake for another 4 minutes. After the flip, before you return them to the oven, you can sprinkle with Molly McB Cheese, if you wish. Turn off oven and let the chips/crackers sit for another 3-5 minutes til desired crispness.
NOTE: You need to fiddle with the water and cooking times to get them to just the thickness and crispness you like.

I haven't tried these recipes, but they are fairly common on the MF board and have floated around for years!
Let us know how you like them!
Maya
Old 12-22-2007, 09:44 AM   #455  
banned

Ms SweetieP - so sorry that you have lost a parent recently. This will be a new experience for you this Christmas, and you WILL get through it. We all love ya!
Ms MK -- hang in there! The season will be over soon enough, and there will be plenty of time to recommit in the New Year. Just do the best that you can do!
Maya
Old 12-22-2007, 11:42 AM   #456  

Maya - Thanks so much - it has been very recent so a little difficult times ahead

Ms Fab - I was just going to suggest you sell them on ebay but Maya has some interesting recipes
Old 12-22-2007, 10:23 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/160

Height: 5"5"

Hi,
Thank you Miss Maya!
I will certainly try those.
SweetP I have less than a full box and threw away the boxes so only have the packets, so I will have to think about that!
Will see how it goes with the recipes.
Have a great time, all
Fab50TX
Old 12-24-2007, 02:14 AM   #458  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies, how are you doing?? Keep it up!

I'm sorry SweetP. I lost my parents years ago, so I get it. One of these days I'm going to face it and have a serious breakdown. Don't be like me - get through the holiday and then mourn your loss. That's my 5 cent advise.

Thanks Ruth and for you I have a spare room!

Fab50, it's so interesting how people have such different tastes! I liked the chicken noodle but hated the peach oatmeal (shudder). I bought some crackers for the chili, not so crazy about that. Did you try soaking the soup and adding crackers?

Mkb, what licensing exam are you referring to? Are you persevering? Ugghh, I have been reading tons and tons of info about MFers. If you can work through the first month or so, apparently it takes on a life of its own. Then MFers have trouble (get this) transitioning OFF the program!! Wow. I want to get addicted to MF! Call me crazy, but from this side of the diet it seems difficult and restrictive.

Sigh. I will join you in 4 days. Have a great MFing holiday you brave, hard working women!!
Old 12-24-2007, 07:21 AM   #459  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie this morning! I am not pure on the program at the moment. It's just too difficult with company here but I am being careful - absolutely no sweets!

I have a huge list of party prep tasks today but just had to pop in to wish you all a happy and peaceful Christmas with good memories of the past and future hope.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:58 AM   #460  

Hi everyone -

Wanted to stop by and wish you all a wonderful holiday!

I am pleased to report that I am dowin 3 more lbs My time from the day after Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve Day has been well spent That is huge for me - I have always been such a procrastinator. The L&G meal has helped a lot and also some of the "sweet" products. I have really been pleased!

Michelle - I lost my Dad 30 yrs ago when I was 15 so I understand. I think I was in such shock then and now with my Mom, the feelings are so raw.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by SweetP; 12-24-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:15 AM   #461  
banned

Ms SweetP, I don't think anyone can just "get over" the loss of someone dear to them. We just create new traditions and honor and remember those whom we love and have loved - not easy, but possible, as you are showing us.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Peace, Love, and Happiness now and in the New Year!
Maya
Old 12-25-2007, 08:08 AM   #462  
Come on Spring!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 12-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #463  

Default Back on it!

Hello everyone,

I've been checking the posts daily but any discussion of what I've been eating is strictly off limits. I'm back on it through Monday and then Tuesday I'll be on it for good. Notice I left out Monday night? I'll let you fill in the blanks there. I have no idea what my weight is - I'll check it again in a couple of days after some of the junk has washed through. I do have to say that I have been drinking gallons of water. Little victories, right?

Michelle - I am waiting for the results of my professional engineering licensing exam. It's a long story but I am degreed in one area but made a switch several years ago to a different area. Getting licensed in this area has been almost like getting another degree. This is my 3rd time taking the exam and I hope the last. It looks like the results will get here Friday or Saturday.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. We ended up hosting both the family Christmas Eve and Christmas Day celebrations thanks to my SIL getting the flu over the weekend but it was a lot of fun.

I'd better go. I have the week off with a long list of To Do's and MIL is coming in this afternoon.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #464  
banned

Ms mk, you can tell us ANYTHING on this thread, because we all recognize here that accountability is personal and that life happens! I hope you had a great Christmas and a good Christmas eve and Christmas day, and my fingers are crossed for your licensing. Let us know!
Maya
Old 12-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #465  
Come on Spring!

Fingers crossed for your licensing too, MsMK. Third time lucky maybe?

Maya, any hunky contractors today? I live vicariously!

I won't discuss details of my deviations over the holidays in here. Suffice it to say that I now have found the 2.5 pounds I lost. Grrr! It was just too difficult to ignore all the wonderful holiday food and we are human! Back on nummy Medifast as of today. (The gain could be from the very, very salty turkey dressing I had last night! My skinny friend Claire gained two pounds too.)

A bit of a bonus re meal planning and temptations! My expected company have had to cancel as they all have the 'flu! I did not cheer out loud when they called but am really looking forward to a peaceful week, what's left of it. I hate to admit it but I'm feeling a bit burned out. I think the knee pain is dragging me down - 29 more sleeps until the operation!

I am still in my robe so had better get upstairs and into something less decadent. Boxing Day is sort of a drop-in day around here. I've already had two of the "lads" pop by with some froxen venison ribs. I've no idea what to do with them but will research.

Happy second day of Christmas, MFers and MF Wannabes. Let's hope the two turtle doves don't mess on the rug.
Closed Thread