Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #481  

Height: 5'5"

Michelle, welcome! My only thought is that you will need to double check your nutrition and such if you are making up your own plan.

I am happy to announce that I am now at my half way point!!! Yay! I have done MF for exactly 12 weeks and lost 46 pounds. I usually lose around 3 pounds a week now, but I lost more at the beginning.

I did bars every day for the holidays and that seemed to slow down my weight loss considerably, however; they also helped me to stay on the program during the holidays. So, even though I "only" lost 12 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I am not whining about it, because I managed to keep on the program.

I'm getting ready to place another order.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #482  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Slender, it's Spryng who is doing the substitution thing. I believe she is also taking vitamins.

Can you hear my tummy rumbling? I am on plan today and am about to take off for town with a bar in my pocket for "lunch". Sure is handy! I must stop into the fishmonger and get something healthy and lean and green for dinner. Maybe shrimp? I am craving fresh spinach salad! Food over the hols has not been good and we are still celebrating until the 5th!
Old 12-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #483  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

yes it is me that is doing my version of medifast and yes, you'd be suprised how close every item I bought is to the medifast versions in fact, in most cases the carbs are lower as is the sugar and fat.. so I'm pretty confident I'm gonna have the same sucesses everyone else is having
so the day is dragging on for me.. I like being off work but at the same time I get bored easily, lol.. I think my daughter and I are gonna take a long fast paced walk after her chores are done, then when I get back I'm gonna put in a good movie and fold laundry, it gets out of hand pretty quickly with 4 kids, lol..
so my day so far:
oatmeal for breakfast
and I just had my 2nd meal which I chose chicken broth soup because I'm not starving like was yesterday, so I went lighter I think I may hit keytosis today.. hope so anyway
ok, well I'm off here for now when I go back to work come monday you won't hear from me as much, probably just a couple times in the evening, lol..
Old 12-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #484  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!
Ms Michelle, I am so sorry about your DDs...I wish there was something that I could say that would help, but I fear that there isn't. Just know that we all love you and are behind you for support ALWAYS.
Ms Spryng! Welcome! Make sure you are getting your vitamins, but you already know that!, and as mentioned before, MF is specially formulated so that you can have all of your vitamins and control your carbs to get down to a ketogenic (or fat-burning) state. You may find that you don't lose as quickly as others, but HEY, ANY loss is a GOOD loss, and you have to do the best that you can do with what you have. We'll all support you!!!
Hi Ruthie!!! Love ya!!!!
Later, all
Maya
Old 12-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #485  

maya you snuck in on me
yes, taking my multivitamins because I realized that is what I was missing the most from the official mf products was that they pack them with extras to stay healthy so I'm compensating that with a good multivitamin and drinking all my water and such. Thank you guys so much for looking out for me!
Old 12-27-2007, 11:20 AM   #486  
banned

That's why we're here, Missy Miss!!! No judgement here, just POSITIVE and LOVING support!!!!
Maya
Old 12-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #487  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Yes, I'm the one with the crappy teens. Spryng will have crappy teens in a few years. Just kidding - I hope.

You girls did a wonderful job. Ruth, you may have "only" lost 12, but I gained around 10. I don't regret my well thought through decision, so you can't worry about your tastes, gulps, and meals! The whole world is going on a diet beginning Tuesday. Look how much you have over them!

SweetP,
Again, so sorry about your mom.
I don't really know if I'm a slow or fast loser. I've always been a big cheater. I've only been this big once before and I cheated my way through a tough program and quit. I'm mentally prepared, so ncbgityo6 m (that was from my dog, Lester) As I was saying, I've been working on my thinking, so hopefully that will be the difference.

Maya,
Thanks for your love. I'm seriously feeling a lack of love these days. "Like I've said, week 1 sucks, week 2 you feel virtuous, week 3 you feel angry, week 4 resigned, and week 5 on autopilot!" Everyone agree? "Remember, this isn't forever, everyone!" Yes! I always feel like I'm doing a death march. It's not forever. Calories for maintenance and calories for loss are two very different things.

Mk,
Engineering license. Wow. I was going to call you a nerd, but I'm an English teacher and there ain't nothing nerdier than that. Kidding, that's impressive.

Everyone else,
Such good jobs! Yay!!
Old 12-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #488  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Dog gone it. I mixed people up too. Lettingslender was the one concerned because she "only" lost 12 pounds. Woosh, I can't keep everyone straight! We're growing as we're losing - how cool is that???

Alright ladies, I have to celebrate the spawn's birthday. I'll check in tomorrow and let you know how D day is going. Be well.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #489  

michelle, you cracked me up, lol.. I hope you have some fun today with your "spawn" lol why angry on week 3???

well we just got back from a 45 min walk,lol.. was suppose to be just 30 min but I got us lost, lol.. it's COLD out there, lol.. but 45 min in my target heartrate and burned 288 cals not too shabby!

well any hoo... these clothes aren't gonna fold themselves, yak with ya in a bit
Old 12-27-2007, 12:52 PM   #490  
banned

Angry on week 3? Well, I think it is because I came to the realization that it would take WEEKS for me to get the amount of weight off that I wanted. That I had worked SO hard for all of two weeks (generally, my attention span with respect to previous diets... ), and I still had SO FAR to go. That my lifestyle, eating habits, and relationship with food had to change if I wanted to keep it off. That, since food has been my best friend (always there, always comforting) for years, I would have to say "good bye" to my old, reliable friend and find a new way to deal with life stresses. That it just WASN'T FAIR, because OTHERS get to eat and I don't. That this would be a life-time committment and not just a few weeks...
For me, this all hit in week 3! Hence the ANGER! GRRR!!! Which is now replaced with resignation...sigh!
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 12-27-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #491  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Height: 5'10"

Default Day two....

Still pretty hungry, but not as ravenous as yesterday. I was so excited that I got to CHEW something today! The chicken and wild rice soup was OK, but definitely lacked flavor. But I got to chewwwwwww it. Mmmmm.
Still a little goofy and light in the head. (no, really?)
Can't wait to weigh in on Sunday and see what my first few days have yielded.
Fight the good fight, ladies! Damn the torpedos and...and....sigh.
I need a nap.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:08 PM   #492  

I hear ya bou, I need a nap too. Today is getting harder by the second. Was cold from the walk so I thought a nice hot bath would warm me up, well I ran out of hot water,lol... so luke warm was about all I got... dh had the dishwasher and washing machine going so there went my hot water. grr! then he made pizza for the kids for lunch, one of my weaknesses.. so now I'm smelling it and my stomach is growling! got one more hr until my next meal. Thankfully they ate all of it so I can't even taste it.. which I resolved not to anyway.. my goal is to 100% op until my b-day feb 11th, and if I am then my reward is a makeover.. new clothes, haircut, color, etc... so 100% resolve!!!! but I think a nap will get me to my next meal, lol..

Maya, yes I can understand why you'd get angry exactly how much weight do you have left to lose?

how long has everyone been on mf?
Old 12-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #493  
banned

Hi there!
Well, I only have 35lbs to go, but it seems like it is going to take forever!
I too am freezing my A%@ off, so into a hot shower I go!
I hate shakes in the winter...
Maya
Old 12-27-2007, 04:25 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'6

Letting..did you lose all of your weight using Medifast? Your stats look awesome. I'm still in the thinking stage w/ Medifast? Definitely leaning towards it, though.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #495  

mpope, it really does look like it's one of the best plans out there...so if you are wanting quick results and have great will power this is the plan for you

maya, take a hot shower for me too,lol.. just got up from my nap which I shouldn't have taken, lol.. now I'll never want to go to bed tonight. But after I posted here last about how insensitive my dh was being with food he went and popped choc chip cookies in the oven!!!! that was enough for me, it was either take a nap or my stomach would have been taking over my mind, lol.. so nap it was, lol.. so now I'm up and all smells have left the house so I'm sipping a shake thinking about my lean and green meal..
what is everyone having for their L&G today?
Closed Thread