Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 05:00 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Probably 6. I never take out that many at a time but it's good to have extra capacity. I haven't sat inside a Kicks yet but I have examined several up close and I'm pretty sure I can fit 4-5 dogs comfortably - 4 on the seats and one in the hatch.

Dagmar
It’s super cute! 😇
Old 07-15-2019, 06:01 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

My work life is slightly less busy this week. Looking forward to Friday when I don't have to do a dinner walk with the howler monkey group. Thank goodness for my "Good Food" boxes last week and this week. Makes it much easier to still cook a healthy dinner.

Dagmar
Old 07-16-2019, 09:15 PM   #288  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Dagmar, what are good food boxes? Is this like a meal service?
Old 07-17-2019, 06:11 AM   #289  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Dagmar, what are good food boxes? Is this like a meal service?
Yes. The name of the company is "Good Food" and they send you meals for 2 or 4 people. The recipes are really well thought out and you have all sorts of choices of type of food, ease of prep, lists of pans and other kitchen utensils you'll need, etc.You can also choose your day of delivery and what weeks you want the box. I find them to be a big help in really busy times.

https://www.makegoodfood.ca/en/home

Dagmar
Old 07-17-2019, 03:22 PM   #290  
Workin' It

I saw a Kicks on the road recently, very cute in person.

I'm working from home this week for our last week with our stepson here this summer. DH did the first three weeks. And forgot to post this yesterday when I started it.

The Good Food boxes look great! Similar to Hello Fresh down here.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:57 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I saw a Kicks on the road recently, very cute in person.

I'm working from home this week for our last week with our stepson here this summer. DH did the first three weeks. And forgot to post this yesterday when I started it.

The Good Food boxes look great! Similar to Hello Fresh down here.
I’ve done Hello Fresh and Sunbasket. I’ve now done Hungry Root a few times... different but I like it.

We leave for Hawaii early tomorrow. I’m so excited! I’ve been once 27 years ago for a wedding so I feel like it’s my first time. I’ve been working super hard on my fitness and nutrition hoping to be a little leaner before my trip. Unfortunately I’m up a few pounds which I suspect is due to my endocrinologist switching my meds last week. Oh well... I feel strong and plan on staying active snorkeling and exploring! We are taking a cruise so we will be on several islands. I always gain a ton when we cruise but I’m really going to try to limit my splurges. We will see!
Old 07-18-2019, 05:18 AM   #292  

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post

We leave for Hawaii early tomorrow. I’m so excited! I’ve been once 27 years ago for a wedding so I feel like it’s my first time. I’ve been working super hard on my fitness and nutrition hoping to be a little leaner before my trip. Unfortunately I’m up a few pounds which I suspect is due to my endocrinologist switching my meds last week. Oh well... I feel strong and plan on staying active snorkeling and exploring! We are taking a cruise so we will be on several islands. I always gain a ton when we cruise but I’m really going to try to limit my splurges. We will see!
Have an amazing time Michele !

Dagmar
Old 07-18-2019, 12:58 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Have a great vacation, Michele!

I've done Blue Apron and Freshly (Freshly is super convenient as all you have to do is heat it up, but the portions are too big for me and too small to split between a dinner and lunch).

So y'all remember my woes with my office assistant? Ready for the newest installment for your entertainment? Here we go:

Several weeks ago she was involved in a car accident (she says her breaks failed but I see it more like she pressed the wrong pedal). She rear-ended a pickup truck and totaled her car. She refused to go to the hospital to be checked out. She was in so much pain that she took the next week off. The following week she returned (to my dismay). She forgot how to log into her computer (Ctrl+Alt+Del turned into her trying to actually type those words). Then she couldn't remember how to get into the payroll company (2 factor authentication--you hit a button and they send you a code. She was trying to call them for the code). Suddenly she stopped listening to the radio--something she said she always listened to for the background noise. She rarely paid attention to the station until I'd ask her to change the station because she'd tuned into the ultra Christian radio. Anyway, she said she didn't listen because she had gone deaf in one ear. She booked a hearing test and ordered a hearing aid. I'm not sure what happened there as she never showed up wearing a hearing aid. Anyway, she kept making blatant mistakes and when I would explain what she did wrong she was confused. She confessed she'd come down with insomnia and hadn't slept for weeks. I said, it sounds like all these troubles started after the accident. I told her she should have gone to the hospital. She agreed and made a doctor's appointment. Said appointment was Monday of this week. She usually works Wed-Fri for me. Wednesday is the day she does payroll. Tuesday night at 10:30 PM she called and left a message that she wouldn't be in on Wednesday but that she'd be in on Thursday "to talk." I was a bit miffed as I had an appointment Wednesday morning and that meant I had to do payroll in a hurry to make my appointment, but I got it done. I set aside all the other work for her to do today (because she gets mad if I do her stuff). Today, she called. She says she's afraid to drive that she might get in another accident. The doctor scheduled her for a CT on the 27th. She still isn't sleeping and I don't know if she was prescribed anything for that. Basically, she quit. We're actually quite relieved that she quit rather than us firing her, but I'm scheduled for a 3 week cruise in Sept/Oct and have no way of doing payroll on the ship. Okay, so I might be able to but there will be times when we won't have wifi and I don't want to risk it. So now I'm faced with hiring someone new to take over for those three weeks. All this and the horrible headache I was given by my sister (she died and left me executor of her estate but left the estate in such disarray that I had to hire a lawyer and will have to go back to Texas for the probate hearing so that I'll legally be able to sign the documents on her house sale. The only good that came of that is the house sold, over asking price, within 24 hours of the listing.)

Sorry for the rant but I need to tell someone. If I tell DH any of what is going on (sister's step daughters nit picking every little thing) he starts offering advice. I don't want advice. I want someone to commiserate with me. Men do not seem to be capable of that (at least he isn't).

Oh, and my dishwasher died this past weekend. The repairman is coming today but I bet he'll have to order parts. We think a pump went out.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:11 PM   #294  

Allison You're right - men don't commiserate. I saw your post about the dishwasher on Fb and I'm sorry about that too. I hope things improve soon and that you find someone competent to take care of things while you are away.

Dagmar
Old 07-18-2019, 06:22 PM   #295  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi Maintainers!
Just thought i'd pop in because I actually got on the scales again this week after a while AND IT"S NOT A DISASTER! Happy days! Feeling good too, so of course i'm all enthusiastic to re-engage with some posts (Fair weather-chick). I"m trying to rev up diet and fitness wise for a ski holiday in August and a trekking holiday in September (with work trips in between), so i'll be away a bit in the next two months but really looking forward to getting away and doing some active stuff.

wow, alinnell, your assistant sounds to be a mess. that's a massive catalogue of dramas - but definitely much easier for you in the long run that she's resigned. Sounds like your holiday is definitely going to be well deserved and i hope you can get a few things sorted so that you can relax mentally whilst you're away, cos it sounds like you need it!
Old 07-19-2019, 04:33 PM   #296  
Workin' It

Oh Allison, that is frustrating. I'm sorry it is all crashing in at the same time. I know you have had trouble with your assistant for a while so her quitting is better in the long run, but right now is such a terrible time for it.

When does the new dishwasher come in?
Old 07-20-2019, 05:37 PM   #297  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Allison, I hope your new dishwasher parts arrive quickly and the repair is successful. I would say good riddance to the assistant. In the long term, will you replace her with a new person, or just do it yourself?

Ange, great to hear the scale is okay. Active vacations are the way to go!!

I'm still waiting for the snow to melt in the High Sierras. Yesterday I hiked up to 9000 feet. Snow still mostly covered the trail up there, and we couldn't find the trail junction sign because it's probably still under the snow. It will probably be mid-September before I can go on a couple of trips I had planned.

Last edited by HowlinAtTheMoon; 07-20-2019 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Shannon, we get the new dishwasher on Wednesday. The new one cost less than the repair on the old one which was only 3 or 4 years old.

Alice, while I can do all the work myself, there are times that I need a knowledgeable person there so I can get out. Especially in September when DH and I are going on a 3 week cruise. I'm asking our employees if anyone knows of someone who is available part time but willing to go full time for my vacation times. It isn't a lot of work that needs to be done, but there needs to be a person in the office to accept deliveries when no one else is around. I've said for years that I could get the job done in less than an hour a day but there needs to be a body. Most of my day is spent perusing the internet or knitting.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:18 AM   #299  

So my car plans have changed. I am test driving a Hyundai Kona on Saturday. The Nissan Kicks is a lot cuter but the Hyundai makes more sense for me. It's quite a "burly" looking car. My hubby loves it - says I'm buying a "real" car rather than a "toy".

https://contentservice.mc.reyrey.net...3022/322249482

Dagmar
Old 07-25-2019, 12:22 PM   #300  
Workin' It

Dagmar - my stepson's mom just bought a Kona. She LOVES it. And, my car guy husband says it is a fantastic vehicle.
Closed Thread