Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 09:00 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinAtTheMoon View Post
Enjoy your vacation, JayEll! I'm heading to the Sierras for one more overnight backpack before the weather turns. Slight chance of snow Monday night already at 9000 feet.
How was your overnight Alice ? Did it snow?

Dagmar
Old 09-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #362  
Workin' It

Dagmar - ooo, I love the restorative yoga. Yummy.

Jay - have a great vacay!

Alice - I can't even imagine snow right now, it was 94 here yesterday.

I'm doing pretty okay right now. I was all over the place hormonally last week, and all up and down mood wise. I think it has settled down a little today. We'll see how the week goes.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:00 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

No snow on the overnight, or yet. However I see that it did snow in northern California near Lake Tahoe! I'm glad I got one more trip in this year. Now it's time for all things fall and pumpkin spice and apple desserts (in tiny amounts, of course).
Old 09-19-2019, 06:02 AM   #364  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinAtTheMoon View Post
No snow on the overnight, or yet. However I see that it did snow in northern California near Lake Tahoe! I'm glad I got one more trip in this year. Now it's time for all things fall and pumpkin spice and apple desserts (in tiny amounts, of course).
I had a pumpkin spice scone on the weekend. Didn't feel right - I'm going to wait until the leaves turn or it snows, whichever comes first. That's kind of a "Canadian" joke. We have 2 season here - bugs and winter.

Dagmar
Old 09-19-2019, 08:34 AM   #365  
Workin' It

It is a cool day here today, for this year. It is 72 now, only going to be 85 today. By the weekend, it will be back in the 90s. I am SO ready for fall.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:22 AM   #366  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
It is a cool day here today, for this year. It is 72 now, only going to be 85 today. By the weekend, it will be back in the 90s. I am SO ready for fall.
Our night time temp last night was 9 C. And tomorrow's day time high is going to be 27 C. I'm taking shorts and a parka in the car now

Dagmar
Old 09-20-2019, 02:57 PM   #367  
Workin' It

Dagmar - that is a nice swing! Is that a normal daytime temp for this time of year?
Old 09-20-2019, 06:03 PM   #368  

Quote:
Dagmar - that is a nice swing! Is that a normal daytime temp for this time of year?
Sometimes that's a normal temp swing. I think we are having "Indian summer" really early. Usually it's cooler in the day by now. Not complaining! But the dogs were hot today - they have all grown out their summer clips and are ready for "sweater weather".

Dagmar
Old 09-21-2019, 06:12 AM   #369  

I'm having a rare weekend alone. DH has gone north for a buddy weekend with his bestie from college days.

I'm treating myself to a massage and a nice dinner out, instead of a bottle of wine and a bag of cheap cookies.Choosing positive over negative.

I'm glad I'm finally at this point in my life.

Dagmar
Old 09-25-2019, 12:51 PM   #370  
Workin' It

Dagmar - sounds like a great weekend!
Old 09-25-2019, 04:10 PM   #371  

Quote:
Dagmar - sounds like a great weekend!
It was! DH is hardly ever away so I enjoyed myself "being single"!

Dagmar
Old 09-26-2019, 08:26 AM   #372  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Back from our Maine vacation yesterday. We were there late enough to see some fall colors just starting. We had some brisk days, which were very nice, but never really cold. Perfect! Lots of walking around on the beach and at the Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge.

One thing surprised me--the number of obese people I saw. By obese, I mean that more than half the folks seemed to be 300 and over. I'm glad that large people are enjoying the beach and the sun!

We ate lots of fish and seafood. This is about the only time, and location, I can get fresh swordfish. I love haddock too! Of course, fish can be had in Florida, but it's not the same as the cold-water Atlantic fish. I wish we still had Atlantic cod... Stupid people overfished, and now it can't be had.

Last edited by JayEll; 09-26-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:21 AM   #373  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Back from our Maine vacation yesterday. We were there late enough to see some fall colors just starting. We had some brisk days, which were very nice, but never really cold. Perfect! Lots of walking around on the beach and at the Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge.

One thing surprised me--the number of obese people I saw. By obese, I mean that more than half the folks seemed to be 300 and over. I'm glad that large people are enjoying the beach and the sun!

We ate lots of fish and seafood. This is about the only time, and location, I can get fresh swordfish. I love haddock too! Of course, fish can be had in Florida, but it's not the same as the cold-water Atlantic fish. I wish we still had Atlantic cod... Stupid people overfished, and now it can't be had.
Glad you enjoyed your vacation! Really fresh fish is a treat!

Dagmar
Old 09-29-2019, 04:33 PM   #374  

Bought a bunch of stuff at Costco today - mostly dog stuff - and they had whole sea bass. They are farmed but what the heck! I'm going to make mediterranean baked sea bass tomorrow night since we are both home @ dinner time.

Dagmar
Old 09-29-2019, 05:34 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Dagmar, the sea bass sounds great. And healthy!! I'm not much of a fish cooker or fish eater, but I'll have it once in a while.

JayEll, your vacation sounded lovely! I saw some very obese people walking on a trail in Sequoia National Park a couple of weeks ago. They were slow, but at least they were out there.

My scale needs an adjustment! Well, I guess I better work on eating less if the truth be told.
Closed Thread