Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-25-2018, 04:09 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thank you Jayell and Shannon. I'm heading out for a dinner walk and am going to try to email hubby from my car with whatever I have turned on and see if it works. The phone is in the car right now so I'm not looking at which icons are lit up. I'll bring it back inside after I try the experiment and see what is what while referencing your posts.

My cell provider has also sent me an email with user manuals. I will check those out too!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:06 PM   #167  

Did the test with DH and it worked! So I'm using my cell provider's network to go online outside of wifi where I know the password and can log on for free. This weekend I will try the parking app again after checking to make sure the cell wifi is on. So glad I got this part of things figured out and thanks again for the help!

Dagmar
Old 09-26-2018, 10:30 AM   #168  
Workin' It

Woo, Dagmar!!!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:22 PM   #169  
Workin' It

Good week here so far. Telling myself I don't need another fitness tracker just because it is pretty - it wouldn't replace my Fitbit so would just be one more tracker to wear at the same time and that doesn't make sense. Working on setting some small goals so I don't lose focus. Etc.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:24 AM   #170  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Hey folks, as usual when I don't check in for a while it's because I've been doing a crappy job of keeping my food under control. My weight is still in the 146-148 range so I've been maintaining, but I really do want to lose some weight. I haven't been exercising either, and I have all kinds of excuses but at this point they're just excuses. The weather is clearing up from the rain we had the past few days so I need to convince myself to get up in the morning and go run, even though it's dark and chilly now. Alternatively, I need to rearrange my work schedule so I can work out at lunchtime. I prefer mornings for exercise though because it's more reliable. I think I'll try to go run Saturday. If I plan on that, I can take the kids with me on their bikes, and they're pretty good motivators.

I'm finding myself falling into the trap of thinking about all the things coming up in the future and feeling like "why bother trying to lose weight now when the holidays are coming up." It's two whole months until thanksgiving, and if I worked hard at it I could probably lose a nontrivial amount of weight in two months. I just can't seem to make myself do it. Food tastes too good!

In any case I think I need some accountability. I stopped using Noom because I didn't think it was worth the money, but the accountability aspect was useful. I probably need to find someone who can connect with me on MyFitnessPal or something for accountability.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:33 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I'm also in a bit of a funk weight wise. I gained weight on my trip to Japan and then with wedding stress. Now those are both behind me, my weight doesn't want to budge despite exercise, calorie tracking, etc. I no longer weigh myself daily, so the weight I saw last weekend was hopefully a fluke. I'm trying to be extra good this week and I'll weigh at the end of the month. My clothes are still tight but I *maybe* see some improvement.

Shannon--- no, you don't need a new fitness tracker! But out of curiosity, what is it?

I definitely want to get my weight down before the holidays! Looks like we will likely be going to Houston for Thanksgiving and Arizona for Christmas but I need dh in the same country as me so we can make some plans!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:17 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

I am trying to put a positive spin on my weight - I have maintained for 6 months, even if it's 5 pounds more than I want to weigh. Night time eating still gets the best of me.

Hang in, everyone. Yes, it's worth trying to lose weight now, even with the holidays coming up. Actually, that's an even better reason to lose weight during October.

I'm enjoying our cooler fall weather. "only" in the 90s. But the mornings and evenings are lovely.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:04 PM   #173  
Workin' It

Jessica - I'm not on MFP anymore, so can't connect there. I am in a FB group where we do daily accountability check-ins on exercise, diet, goals, that kind of thing. I'll add you to it if you are interested. It is run by a man who is a personal trainer, and has been on this forum before, I think.

Michele - the Bellabeat Leaf Chakra. I love the one with the pink crystal. You can only wear the Leaf Chakra on a necklace, I think that I could get a clip that is made for the Leaf Urban and wear it as a bracelet at night. My aunt has one and likes it. But... it isn't as effective as the Fitbit - no HR, etc. I need to just say no. LOL

Alice - hey, staying in the same place for 6 months means not gaining any more for six months. Take it as a win.

My weight has started to move down after a few weeks of hanging in the same place. I feel pretty good. We have a vacation coming up in November, and I don't want to have to strongly restrict during that. I'm also working on not resenting things I feel like I'm 'giving up' - I tend to hit that wall when I'm a few months in and get bored. Bored gets me every time.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:21 PM   #174  

Our Thanksgiving is next weekend. I don't stress with this holiday any more because it's just DH, me, and the pets. We order a rotisserie turkey, carved and with gravy on the side, and that keeps us going for the entire week plus the carcass makes a great soup in November. I make a low cal veggie side and some sort of rice/potato carb, we have single serving pastries and ice cream, and we're done!

Dagmar
Old 09-28-2018, 10:32 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Shannon-- it is pretty, but just say no!

Dagmar-- it always confuses me when you're celebrating Thanksgiving so much before us. Enjoy!

TGIF!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:51 AM   #176  
Workin' It

Good morning, all. Good weekend here. Hoping to have a good week.

How is everyone doing today?
Old 10-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #177  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hi Shannon!
The weekend was very full, for me: a play on Saturday evening, Buddhist practice at our center on Sunday morning , and then a classical music concert in the evening. Oh, and chores. Blech.
Eating was great and good fun. Watched football Sunday in the afternoon. Was not pleased with Tampa Bay.
My weight is down today from the day before. Still waiting to get to 12 pounds down instead of "only" 11.
Happy October!
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:38 PM   #178  
Workin' It

Hi, Jay!!! Sounds like a great weekend!
Old 10-01-2018, 01:11 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Happy October everyone! The weather here is marvelous!

Shannon, a good week is within reach!!
Jay, glad you had a good time! It occurred to me that sometimes it is hard for me to have a good time because of so many unfinished other things. I had a good hike on Friday.

My behaviors have been good but the scale is definitely not my friend. I will keep the faith - the number will be less soon.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:21 PM   #180  
Workin' It

I need some fall weather down here, please. Local weather man Glenn Burns today said that the summer temps were going to continue through October, with unseasonably high temperatures all month. Meh.