Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-07-2018, 06:08 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Michelle that sounds like a good post vacation plan.

Defining

I am starting to relax. This is the 4th day of vacation and I've had 2 days of doing things I enjoy. Today is another chores day. We leave for the wedding on Thursday so I have lots of time to get stuff done. Nice to do this at a relaxed pace.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:20 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Glad you are getting a break, Dagmar. Is the wedding in a fun location? Somewhere nearby?

Very hard to stay off the scale but I'm determined. Sticking to nutrition and workouts and trusting the process....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:08 PM   #63  
Workin' It

Michele - definitely trust the process, it will work. Give it some time to settle before you scale it up.

The somewhat obsessive side of my nature is coming out in my whole 'small things' initiative. Today I cleaned the tubs/showers/sinks/toilets in the two bathrooms upstairs, and set a stopwatch to see how long it took - 16:09. Now I know for SURE that it is a short item that I can fit in the mornings, and I have added it to the 18:35 I timed running the vacuum upstairs yesterday morning in my calendar. I'm telling myself that it is a good thing to know and not just me being weird.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:00 PM   #64  

I left my car at the garage and went to an upscale mall for my yearly walkabout. I was to call the garage for an estimate about an hour after I dropped the car. Got to the mall and hauled out my smartphone and it was DEAD! Just charged it yesterday so ??? Looked up and saw that I was about 15 feet away from the entrance to the Samsung store. Serendipitous!

They fixed it (I hope) for free while I went shopping. NICE!

The car was not as easy but I'm going to leave it with the garage while we're away. Been going there for a gazillion years so they suggested this to me. NICE!

Dagmar
Old 08-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #65  
Workin' It

I'm rolling along on my plans. Momentum is a big deal in my life, so I'm trying to keep it going.

Yoga, weights, stationary bike, headspace this morning. My small home task was to run the cordless vac on the downstairs floors. 21 minutes. Woo!
Old 08-09-2018, 10:01 AM   #66  
Workin' It

We had the boy last night, so today was a get up at 4:20 morning. Yoga, exercise, headspace, done. Small task was to run the swiffer wet jet downstairs - 22 minutes (until I decided to spend 9 extra minutes cleaning the baseboards). Did some cleaning in the kitchen while the boy ate breakfast - counters, coffee pot, reorganized the counter top.

I'm a little sore today - there is a neck and shoulders yoga on YwA that can be done in a chair, I may be doing that over lunch.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:35 AM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
We had the boy last night, so today was a get up at 4:20 morning. Yoga, exercise, headspace, done. Small task was to run the swiffer wet jet downstairs - 22 minutes (until I decided to spend 9 extra minutes cleaning the baseboards). Did some cleaning in the kitchen while the boy ate breakfast - counters, coffee pot, reorganized the counter top.

I'm a little sore today - there is a neck and shoulders yoga on YwA that can be done in a chair, I may be doing that over lunch.
Way to keep that momentum going Shannon!

I tried on both dresses I will be taking to the wedding. Had to switch one out for a different one - hips too tight. I wear such baggy shorts all summer I don't notice the butt expansion. Good to remember while I'm on vacation!

Dagmar
Old 08-09-2018, 11:38 AM   #68  

I'm glad I decided not to weigh myself post vacation. I tried on several pairs of pants/ shorts yesterday and none of them fit. I'm sure the scale would further frustrate me.
I only have one dress for my dd's wedding, so I don't have a backup-- it has to fit-- dd gave me a specified color!

Doing okay with jetlag but I keep waking up multiple times during the night-- last night the first time was 11:30 and I was STARVING! I don't remember being that hungry. Eventually fell back asleep.

Dh is still in Japan and due to return Saturday. He hasn't been home for a long time! The dogs will lose their minds....
Old 08-10-2018, 03:16 AM   #69  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

The hot weather has broken in this part of the country and I'm very pleased. Grass is growing again.

Shannon, I love your small things initiative. The beach was lovely last week. Great restaurant, wide and quiet beach, small and noisy beach and so good to see my friends! I met him when I was 19 so we've known one another a while.

Dagmar, your vacation sounds really good. I like the phone serendipity!

Michele, good to have you back.

Wave to all. I'd better get on with the day.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:22 AM   #70  

We are on the road. Just woke DH up. I have already been for an exploratory walk, talked to the desk about wifi, went to a local drugstore to get batteries for my mouse, got the wifi up and running, and am now going to pack everything up while DH showers and wakes up. Brekkie at a chain linked to the motel. Looked at the menu and I am having the "fit slam". Lots of protein, veggies, and fruit And then to Starbucks for real coffee!

Dagmar
Old 08-10-2018, 01:44 PM   #71  
Workin' It

Dagmar - have a great time at the wedding!

Birchie - the small things plan has been working pretty well.

Michele - you will make it by the wedding, I have no doubt.

On the small things, I'm making a list and will copy it over every two weeks into my BuJo with check boxes, copy anything I've missed in the two weeks.So far I have 10 items between upstairs and down, which spreads over the two weeks of weekdays nicely. I need to edit a few of them - some are not so quick with everything I've included, some are only five minutes, so I can spread some things to those days. Targeting 20 minutes every day. Today I used my new cordless vac to get the dust off of the top of an armoire, and used some actual Pledge furniture spray on my furniture and decorative wall shelves in the bedroom. Holy moley at the dust on the top of that thing.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:27 AM   #72  

First real day of school for me.... I worked last week, but the kids start today. Not too hard for me as my classes won't start coming for awhile. They will have school tours today and visit me (all 950+ of them).

The scale is an *******. I'm sure that word will be censored but you can guess. I waited a week after my trip to weigh myself. Up 6.5 pounds. Seriously!? Thought it was a fluke so weighed myself yesterday and up another pound. The scale has been banished. I tried on my dress for the wedding and it is TIGHT but I can get it on. I hope it fits much better in the next few weeks!
Old 08-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

For the first time in weeks, my weight did not go up over the weekend! Usually I find it tough to stay on target when DH likes to go for Mexican food for lunch Saturday and we have our weekly family dinner on Sunday. I fixed dinner last night--a vegetable lasagna with a huge salad. I even had dessert--but it was small.

Thursday we leave for Park City, Utah for a weekend of golf. I'm ready to get out of this heat and humidity. We've been around 115 for weeks and in Utah we'll see low 80's. it'll be a nice change of pace if only for a few days.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:11 PM   #74  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Wow, Michele, sorry for that "reality check." More like a body slam! I guess the clothes meter wasn't lying...

Enjoy Park City, alinnell! Ever get up to Deer Valley? I have relatives living there.

Shannon, it sounds like your scheduling is working well at getting long-overdue tasks accomplished.

I hope things are going well for those who haven't checked in yet today.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:41 PM   #75  

Thank you all for your welcome, you ladies are awesome.

Shannon: Can you teach me your diligence in cleaning?!? I suck at keeping up with the house work, any tips/systems that could help? I love the timing thing, BTW, it means you can fit things in appropriately in the correct amount of 'free time'.

Michele: Remember that some of that vacation weight could just be water retention from jetlag/stress/sleep deprivation. Realistically, I don't think you ate 12k more calories to gain 6.5lbs of tissue. Give it another week!

Alinnell: 115F?!?!? It hit 37C (97F) last week and I was dying - hottest day ever recorded in our city.

Checking in - had my bro visiting for the week, which always means more food treats. But it also coincided with a nasty digestive flare-up, so I think I actually lost weight just from not eating.
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote