Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-01-2018, 06:15 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

September already! Where did the summer go? For me the Labour Day weekend is always the start of fall. I did my Sept. weigh-in - 136 lbs. - and that's fine. : Sometime over the weekend I'm gong to try on several pairs of jeans and cords, to see what the pantsometer says re weight distribution.

I can hear my paddleboard calling. Going to probably be paddling in a light rain tomorrow but that's OK. I'm also going to drag DH to see a movie at the local theatre on Monday - "Solo - A Star Wars Story". Han Solo has always been my favorite character so I'm curious to see what they did for his "prequel"

Good weekend all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:16 AM   #122  

My weekend did not go as planned but that's OK. I ended up working for part of it and sitting in the house and reading for the rest. I made basically good food choices except for some strudel which I found in our freezer. I think I remember buying it for Easter and then tucking it away instead. It was really good - poppy seed - but I had too much of it. That's the problem with having only 2 people in a household. I still have a problem with just throwing away leftover food.

Dagmar
Old 09-05-2018, 11:50 AM   #123  
Workin' It

We had a busy weekend, but relaxed on Monday. The week is off to a good start so far. Hanging in there.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:10 AM   #124  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday was a day without too much of a plan. I had to be out of town working at someone's house, and I took snacks with me. The snacks were two bottles of diet soda, a bottle of water, some sliced apple, some roasted no-salt almonds, a Nature Valley bar, some M&Ms dark chocolate peanuts, and small bunches of grapes--all in a cooler. Lunch turned out to be tempura shrimp and vegetables, appetizer size. For dinner after I got home I had a Lean Cuisine. Later, I had a Solero coconut fruit bar.

I'm liking that my weight is staying steady and that I don't have to be afraid of food.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:34 AM   #125  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Morning, all! The September 'back to school' feeling is here and I'm taking advantage of it. Food is not great but that reflects a high level of emotional difficulty at the moment. It never rains but it pours. Why is that? Exercise isn't too bad in that it's every day. And sleep has suffered a bit recently too. I don't what I was thinking about last night when I had the window closed.

Good to hear you're not frightened of food any more, JayEll!

Shannon, I hope your week is continuing as it began. None of us need difficult weeks.

Dagmar, the upside of small households is that you don't have to lug so much shopping into the house or have a clogged up fridge. At least, that's the way I see it. I think there could be less wastage overall, too, as you can see what you've got. Btw, hoping you've managed to recruit new clients.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:23 AM   #126  

Birchie I hope you are able to get through the emotional difficulties and can find support. It can be so hard to stay away from the food during those times.

I have not recruited any new clients but two of the "old" ones are back. Yesterday I ran into one of the people whose puppy I was hoping to walk. He was strolling past another client's house when I came out and I engaged him in conversation, guessing by the location and the age of the puppy who it was. I did mention that he and his wife (mostly the wife) and met me at my former client's going away party. We chatted for a bit and the puppy was thrilled by me. I smell of dogs and liver and stuff and I also give great tickles and belly rubs. Don't know if any of that helped but the man did remember who I was after a bit. Helps that I have my name on my work tee shirts.

Dagmar
Old 09-07-2018, 12:46 PM   #127  
Workin' It

Birchie - hope your emotional upheaval settles back down soon.

Dagmar - I'm glad you have two clients back, and hope you pick up the puppy.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 09-07-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:34 AM   #128  
in development

I had a smooth weekend for which I am very grateful indeed. I saw my trainer/fixer and he's sorting out my latest niggle which includes very tight L quads and around the thoracic spine. I feel as though I've lost 25 years overnight! Seeing him again on Tuesday.

Andrea, I reset my old Kindle in the end and all is fine. I'm very pleased with this solution as I didn't like the look of any of the new Kindles (far too many 'pointless for me' features, and expensive).
Old 09-10-2018, 06:11 AM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
I had a smooth weekend for which I am very grateful indeed. I saw my trainer/fixer and he's sorting out my latest niggle which includes very tight L quads and around the thoracic spine. I feel as though I've lost 25 years overnight! Seeing him again on Tuesday.

Andrea, I reset my old Kindle in the end and all is fine. I'm very pleased with this solution as I didn't like the look of any of the new Kindles (far too many 'pointless for me' features, and expensive).
I tried a "kindle type" device and it was cute for the first book. I quickly lost interest and still prefer paper. But, if you live in a small space, as more and more people are doing, it certainly does eliminate the need for shelves. Nothing to dust either!

DAgmar
Old 09-10-2018, 07:45 AM   #130  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

My Kindle helps when I'm traveling. I have dozens of books available there, and I can download a new book anytime I have Wi-Fi. My partner just traded her old one in and got a new "paperwhite" model with backlighting. I may do that next so I don't have to carry the reading light.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #131  
Workin' It

I got a Kindle Oasis for Christmas last year, an upgrade from a first generation Paperwhite I'd had for a lot of years. I do really like it - my favorite feature on it is that it is waterproof. I read a lot in the tub, as you can see when you spend any time looking at my bookshelves. I have lots of wrinkled, obviously dried from a dunking paperback books.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 09-10-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:04 AM   #132  
in development

Today I'm going to see my trainer/fixer for the second time in a few days. It's foot, thoracic spine and hip day - probably massage. We're happy with the way exercise is going; this is some kind of a blip probably linked to a long train journey.

I would like today to be on plan. That I feel sufficiently relaxed, well fed and with enough energy not to buy rubbish when I am out and about. Wishing myself good luck and fortitude.

Like JayEll, I use the Kindle a lot for travel. And, yes, I read in the bath. The SO thinks this is beyond the pale. I think it's normal and to be encouraged. I haven't dropped books in much, nor the Kindle. Interesting, I'd assumed the Oasis was aimed at people who read by a pool but readers in the bath are clearly in a more risky situation. Anyway, the house is still stuffed with books, and so is the office. I should say, though, that the Kindle has made reading semi-obscure and out-of-print books easier for me.

Shannon, re 'hurly burly'. Sorry, it slipped through the cracks. Mrs Patrick Campbell talked about 'the deep, deep peace of the double-bed after the hurly-burly of the chaise-longue'. Some of us will understand what that is all about. It hints at hurly burly's unpredictability, unexpected turns, risk and danger. I also think it involves noise, possibly shouting and argument, lack of structure. Great word.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I also read both "regular" and Kindle books, though I'm reading more Kindle books for pleasure these days. As a school librarian, the books I read to kids are "traditional". I hadn't heard of the oasis. Hmmm... both dh and I read in the bath but we haven't had any drops yet.

Back from my dd's wedding! So incredible. Just a dream. So much work and stress, but it all paid off! Yesterday I was back on plan foodwise, and hope my stress munchies will now dissipate. I didn't work out for 4 days while there, which is unheard of for me. Busy, but no working out. So.... back to workouts and feeling sore! Not going to weigh for awhile and hope I can get rid of my fluff and rediscover my muscles soon.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:57 PM   #134  
Workin' It

Michele - I'm glad the wedding went well! Everyone looked lovely.

Yeah... I am definitely a high risk to drop what I'm reading in the water, wherever I am. I can embrace that. I hadn't heard of the Oasis until DH got it for me.

Still keeping on. I am mildly frustrated with my weight. It is moving, but moving very slowly with lots of bouncing up and down. It keeps settling a little lower than a week before, but not much. At first it was dropping pretty steadily, but now it is back to fighting for every 0.2# change. And I don't feel like I'm at a set point or anywhere near where it should be this hard. Meh.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:20 AM   #135  

I have been a bit overwhelmed by being back at work full steam . I got to really enjoy the much more leisurely pace during August. I have been drinking a diet pop in the late afternoon for an "energy boost" and the resulting mini crash in the evening has led to all sorts of overeating.

Time to stop sulking and get things reined in again. I have two cans of pop left which I am going to dump out. Throwing away coloured chemical water is not a waste of food and the cans cost me 40 cents each so it's not a big financial loss.

Dagmar :