Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-09-2018, 06:19 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Didn't do badly with overeating during this food-oriented weekend. I did buy ice cream and half a pie for dessert. We enjoyed it but it came back to haunt us in the wee hours of the night. Any sugar other than fruit in the evening is starting to interrupt both my and now DH's sleep.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:38 PM   #197  
Workin' It

Busy week so far. Phew.

How is everyone else doing?
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #198  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

We're OK here--just outer bands from Hurricane Michael. Shannon, are you folks on the path?? Stay dry and safe!
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:23 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 184/128/125

Height: 5'5"

Best wishes to those dealing with the current hurricane! Stay high and dry and think ahead.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #200  
Workin' It

Jay - where I am is out of it, just a lot of rain and some wind. Some family further south got some flooding. How are you guys doing on the fringes of it?
Old 10-11-2018, 03:23 PM   #201  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Oh, there's nothing here now, Shannon. Today, sunny skies, clouds drifting by, a little breeze. No biggie. Not so in the panhandle!
Old 10-12-2018, 09:55 AM   #202  

This is where I belong, hope you will welcome me back into the fold! Since I joined 3fc way back in...2003? 2004? I have lost a good chunk of wt and maintain a BMI that hovers right at the top of "normal and healthy" for about 12 years. I'm in my 40s and I have accepted this as my maintenance weight.

But I can so easily slip into unhealthy habits and regain!

My current strategy: I'm not tracking, but I aim for a lot of veggies every day, a big, filling lunch, and lighter dinner. I am a cocktail enthusiast, and sugary drinks + no plan for dinner = nachos. That is my mini challenge right now, break the cycle of no plan for dinner and alcohol-influenced dinner choices.

I would love a little mini-introduction from regulars here, maybe your stats or a little on your current maintenance strategy?
Georgette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:11 AM   #203  

Georgette

My maintenance strategy is to eat the same stuff every day during the week for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I vary my dinners a bit. On the weekend I have one splurge day and then other day is a much lighter day than usual. I basically know the calorie count of just about everything i eat and I stay within a 2000 or so cal range daily.

I've had to give up alcohol entirely as it wrecks my sleep and that influences everything else.

For exercise I'm a commercial dogwalker so I'm out there every weekday walking 4-5 hours. I also do 3 yoga workouts during the week and 2 weight lifting ones, all at home. In the summer months I paddleboard and kayak on the weekends.

Dagmar
Old 10-13-2018, 11:00 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 178/127/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgette View Post
This is where I belong, hope you will welcome me back into the fold! Since I joined 3fc way back in...2003? 2004? I have lost a good chunk of wt and maintain a BMI that hovers right at the top of "normal and healthy" for about 12 years. I'm in my 40s and I have accepted this as my maintenance weight.

But I can so easily slip into unhealthy habits and regain!

My current strategy: I'm not tracking, but I aim for a lot of veggies every day, a big, filling lunch, and lighter dinner. I am a cocktail enthusiast, and sugary drinks + no plan for dinner = nachos. That is my mini challenge right now, break the cycle of no plan for dinner and alcohol-influenced dinner choices.

I would love a little mini-introduction from regulars here, maybe your stats or a little on your current maintenance strategy?
Welcome!
Iím 51 and have been on my healthy journey for about 11 years.
Currently tracking calories and working out using Beachbody workouts: mix of cardio, weight lifting, dance, etc. I also do bikram yoga 2-3 days a week.
Iím at a healthy weight but 10 pounds higher than I like (134 currently) due to menopause, thyroid issues and traveling.
Hoping to get back under 130 before the holidays hit.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #205  
Workin' It

Hi Georgette!

Ah, cocktails... I also am a cocktail enthusiast, but have had to cut them out right now as they have pushed me to those same bad habits you mention....

I've been around for about 12 years. I'm above my maintenance range right now, working my way back down. Reminding myself that I'm changing my lifestyle again, not on a diet.

I do yoga every day, exercise five days a week with a mix of weights and cardio, meditate every day. Try to avoid sugars and simple carbs. I'm 46, and starting to see some hormonal twinges that are likely to make the next few years more complex, not looking forward to that. 🤣

Welcome aboard!
Old 10-15-2018, 09:25 AM   #206  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Georgette

My maintenance strategy is to eat the same stuff every day during the week for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I vary my dinners a bit. On the weekend I have one splurge day and then other day is a much lighter day than usual. I basically know the calorie count of just about everything i eat and I stay within a 2000 or so cal range daily.

I've had to give up alcohol entirely as it wrecks my sleep and that influences everything else.

For exercise I'm a commercial dogwalker so I'm out there every weekday walking 4-5 hours. I also do 3 yoga workouts during the week and 2 weight lifting ones, all at home. In the summer months I paddleboard and kayak on the weekends.

Dagmar
Thanks for the intro, Dagmar. I'm sure I remember you from when I was active on the boards in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Welcome!
Iím 51 and have been on my healthy journey for about 11 years.
Currently tracking calories and working out using Beachbody workouts: mix of cardio, weight lifting, dance, etc. I also do bikram yoga 2-3 days a week.
Iím at a healthy weight but 10 pounds higher than I like (134 currently) due to menopause, thyroid issues and traveling.
Hoping to get back under 130 before the holidays hit.
Thanks, Michelle. I appreciate the intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Hi Georgette!

Ah, cocktails... I also am a cocktail enthusiast, but have had to cut them out right now as they have pushed me to those same bad habits you mention....

I've been around for about 12 years. I'm above my maintenance range right now, working my way back down. Reminding myself that I'm changing my lifestyle again, not on a diet.

I do yoga every day, exercise five days a week with a mix of weights and cardio, meditate every day. Try to avoid sugars and simple carbs. I'm 46, and starting to see some hormonal twinges that are likely to make the next few years more complex, not looking forward to that. 🤣

Welcome aboard!
Hi, Shannon! Thanks for the intro.

I am 41 and have PCOS. I stopped caring about the PCOS symptoms (which aren't bad) years ago, after my son was born, because the only symptom worth taking a pill for was the infertility. I've just now started wondering what PCOS looks like in menopause. I'm seeing some definite signs of hormonal change, most notably in monthly mood swings.

I haven't cut back on my alcohol this week, but I have done well at having a dinner plan. Yesterday we had a deep fry at my dad's house. It was planned for a long time, so I managed to snack light up until dinner as a balancing measure.

The one thing you are all doing that I am NOT is exercising. I average about 5 miles a day of walking, between work and home and for transportation (we live in town, and can walk to the grocery store, for example). I used to speed walk with my neighbor, we went 4 days a week for almost 3 years, but she recently moved, and I haven't found a new activity I like as well. I'm working on it.

Nice to be warmly welcomed by each of you.
Georgette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:25 PM   #207  
Workin' It

New week. Woo! Hanging in over here - I am either fighting off something, or my allergies are kicking up. My resting heart rate is up, my eyes are itchy, my back hurts. I suspect allergies, but meh. No fun.

How is everyone else doing?

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 10-15-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #208  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

I'm having the same kinds of symptoms, Shannon! It's no fun. Some kind of virus?
Old Yesterday, 06:04 AM   #209  

Up here in Toronto it's definitely allergies. Both DH and Natalie cat are itching, eyes are watering, etc. We have ragweed in a lot of "naturalized" City parks that is taller than I am! Nasty!

Dagmar
Old Yesterday, 08:47 AM   #210  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Well I was almost done writing a long post when I accidentally hit ctrl+w and deleted the whole thing. Oops. Anyway, hi Georgette! I think I remember you. I'm not around here as much as I should be.

I'm 36, and have been more or less in maintenance for almost 13 years. My high weight at the beginning was around 185 (I'm 5'4"), original goal was 130, modified goal was 135. My highest weight since starting maintenance was actually 200 but that was when I was pregnant with twins so it doesn't count. In any case I've been trying to lose the last of the baby weight for several years now -- my twins are five. Currently I've been holding steady at 146-150 for the better part of a year. My maintenance strategy is moderation and calorie counting as needed. I'm trying to figure out how to switch over from my summer exercise routine (running outside in the morning) to a winter routine, but I need to figure out what my winter routine will be. I'd like to do more strengthening over the winter (since it's unappealing to go outside in the darkness when it's freezing) but I have this ganglion cyst in my left wrist that makes most weight training difficult or painful. I should probably just bite the bullet and have it surgically removed already.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote