Old 05-13-2006, 10:52 AM   #826  
slowlyshrinking

Well, I'm baaaack - on the LAWL wagon! I went to my COD to weight in for the first time in 6 weeks. It wasn't too bad, I'm .6 short of 80 pounds - I'm leaving my ticker the same. Anyway, they moved me to purple without lites. I'm so sad about losing my starch - the 1/2 a protein doesn't matter much, but the starch - it's going to be really tough!

I've been keeping up on the boards - Happy Birthday, Deets!

And I don't want a fire pit as much as I want a nice gas grill! I'm tired of stinking up the house when I cook fish! So, my brother got a new grill, and gave his old one to my Dad, and so I think I may get my Dad's old one! I need to call him and get in line before my other siblings make the call!

Happy Mother's Day, everybody! My mom is fishing in northern Minnesota - I was sort of sad I couldn't go up there this weekend, but since its in the 40's and raining, and maybe snowing a little bit, I'm not so sad this morning. She said she was packing everything she owned, and planned to wear it all! I'm wrapped up in a quilt on the couch!

Have a great POP Mother's day weekend!
slowlyshrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:04 AM   #827  

Default Thanks for your words of

encouragement -- its hard though because where I have soo much to loose, I dont want to turn into all skin .. just by doing the weights now, I can really notice it in my inner thighs.

I know I want to see the loss on the scale, but enjoy seeing results in my clothes / body. Others have said that by adding in weights it helps to speed up your metabolism .. which I swear mine is at a dead stop.

Do you think I should stop exercise all together, just do cardio, or maybe just do the 10 / 15 minutes of weights (two different exercises on the machines / and ball squat). What I love about that is when I do my cardio, it really has my heart rate going, which I thought was a good thing.

I'm going back through my journal to see what I can change; I was having toast w/1 ounce cheese (for my 1/2 protein) for breakfast, will tweek that a bit and push more veggies; its hard because I work nights and get home really late ...

thanks again!
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:13 AM   #828  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Sue, save yourself that surgery later then and do your weights. You may get to your WEIGHT slower, but you will look better along the way than if you didn't do them. People have no clue how much you weigh when you walk down the street, but they can SEE if you are more toned.

New haircut
http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?i...scn26712mw.jpg

I really really like my hair, and the picture is how it looks after I slept on it all night. I am gonna buy me a good brush like my ahir lady had so i can blow it out nicely. Hair lady's mom is very sick and may die soon, so she didn't mention the highlights and neither did I. Her mom is crawling to the bathroom, so I am not gonna push a free service. Maybe everybody will think my white hairs are blond highlights. You can't see my whites in that picture, but if you look at the top of my head, whoa...
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:14 AM   #829  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Sue- I cannot believe I am suggesting this, but if I were you I would totally stop exercising for a couple of weeks and see what happens. If you start losing again, then you will know that you need a higher food plan if you want to return to exercise. If you do not start losing, then your center needs to call the nutritionist and see what she thinks about this stall. Good luck, what ever you decide to do!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:15 AM   #830  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Mary- Love the new hair cut. It is very cute and looks nice and summery. Are you pleased with it?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:18 AM   #831  
Bring sexy back

I'll have to get DH to take a pic of me on mother's day. I am gonna wear "the dress" and I'll be dolled up so you girls can preview the wedding look and critique what I could change.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:25 AM   #832  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

THANKS LADIES!!! I decided to celebrate ME this morning...it was sunny for the first time all week, my kids were getting all riled up and I got dressed and went out for a RUN! I usually do interval jogging/walking but today it was mainly running. I burned 600 cals in just a little over an hour and boy, do I feel clear and alive I live near a lake, so it was really amazing to just let my mind go free....I wish I could do this everyday, have all the time and freedom to do this. DH and I are going to the movies and then picking the kids up and going out with my best girlfriend and her family for dinner. THANK YOU FOR YOUR WISHES, I LOVE READING THEM!!!! Plateaus can bite me for today- LOL!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:27 PM   #833  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Dairy, I love the haircut, very cute, Your face is getting so thin. I used to have really short hair and sometimes I miss it, but it just does not work with my face shape and my DH would kill me if I got it cut again.
Be sure to take a picture tomorrow and post it
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:02 PM   #834  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Happy birthday Deets! Go strut your stuff, girl!

DF - LOOOOOOVE the 'do! Can't wait to see the dolled up you!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:32 PM   #835  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

I every one I think it's been about two weeks since I've actually posted. I have been struggling with my good and bad eating habits. I only lost a lb this week and I told the center I wanted to put my program on hold. I don't want to miss my first goal because of my poor choices and when I buy more weeks it's because I've working towards a new goal not working on the same one. I was sitting with the manager and she was so helpful and understanding. She talked quite a while with me, while I'm wiping my tears away, but asked me to make her a promise that I will try my hardest to stick to plan this week. She told me that if I do she would promise me I'd see at least a 3-4 lb loss as my body is still trying to lose even the way I've been eating. I'm on week 16, but she is not going to count this week, and said that next week she’ll count as week 16. I really appreciate her wanting to work with me and I want to show her by doing well, which will make me feel better seeing my WI below 190. I purchased more Excel and Reduce plus, that were on special and then I mentioned she could discount my vitamins in a half joking way and she gave them to me with our charging me, which of course surprised me and put a smile on my face. I miss chatting with you guys I wish I could be on at work, but as I said before I usually only do a half hour lunch so I can leave at 4. I just have to try and get my mind in a right place, but I miss all the encouragement that we give each other on this board. I told the center I think part of the problem is I'm fitting in to smaller clothes and I know I look better then I have in years, but then I know I want to weigh less and look better, but part of me is settling and I need to change that mind set.

One positive note I just gave a way a ton of my larger clothes. Wearing more size 14 pants and large tops.

I haven't gone back and read all the pages, but do know I miss you all and will try harder to get on more.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Deets Happy Birthday!
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:16 PM   #836  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Hi all,
Been extremely busy lately and haven't been able to keep up here. I try to read the posts when I can.

Dairy- The new "do" is so cute!!

Barb- Sorry that you feel down. It's cool that your center is working with you trying to get you back on track. You've come too far to give up!! Good luck chickie!!!

Deets- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

All you Mom's- Have a wonderful Mother's day!!

I went for WI and had her do my measurements too. I am down 41 lbs. and 21 1/2" in 17 weeks. WOOHOO for me!!!
I went and bought some cute capris and a couple of new size shirts for my 40 lb. reward.

Last edited by MTdebster921; 05-13-2006 at 02:24 PM.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:26 PM   #837  
Bring sexy back

Ok, I am pampering MYSELF for mother's day. DH bought me a new pair of jeans which I LOVE. They make me feel so skinny because they aren't falling off like the 16s were. I really think you should have a jean in every size now as you lose weight. It has done wonders for the way I feel today and yesterday. It even sparked me to go buy new underwear AND throw out almost all of the old. It kills me to throw out underwear usually. Let me confess: I have my mother's size 12 underwear (full briefs) and I wear them. My mother has been gone for almost 9 years. I still have undies from the m/c and they are worse for wear let me tell you. SO...I have thrown out everything with holes, crotch stains, or too big of a size. I have thrown out all full briefs. I kept some hipsters I bought (hate 'em, but they are my emergencies since they are brand new and I threw out all the stained stuff). I kept some Hanes bikini briefs I bought this week. Other than that, sayanara. I went to Marshalls and spent $18 on some awesome undies that were actually on clearance. I got 9 and they were $1 or $2 each. Each pair was that "no panty line guarantee" kind and they are SO comfy. I did size 7. I think that will work even if I get to my goal of size 10. I just had to do something because I was tired of the Hanes Her Way Fruit of the Loom bullcrap where you get a pantyline through denim. I have been watching too much "What Not To Wear." I am like "why have I been buying the crap from walmart so long when I could have been catching the good stuff on clearance? The best part is that all but 2 are all black (no white crotch) so I think my stains might not be so obvious and embarrassing now
Old 05-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #838  
Bring sexy back

Kristi- have you thought about a lean cuisine pizza or frozen dinner for that pasta fix? It would be on plan. If you do decide to full out cheat, please get the whole wheat pasta at least. It will make a huge difference in your cravings afterward.

Loving this underwear! Can't wait to get my new brush so I can fix my hair right
Old 05-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #839  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

Hey Chicas! Hope all is well! I've fallen off the wagon a bit today...my DM bought my sister and I this double chocolate cake for Mom's day and my sis who is super thin had a piece and then brought me up one w/ out thinking. She usually so supportive but she sometimes forgets since we've always been partners in crime so to speak. It was sooooo good. And tomorrow will probably be difficult but I'm gonna try.

Repo - I also want a fire pit but am a little nervous about my 2 crazy monsters, they get in to everything...and their super fast!

Deets - Happy Birthday!! Enjoy!

Dairy - Love the hair it's super cute!

Hkychik - WTG on the lose!! You're putting a fire under my behind! I gotta get to it!

And to all the Mom's out there...Happy Mother's Day!!!
Denise Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:05 PM   #840  
Missing Ohio

HAPPY MOTHER'S ONE AND ALL. HAVE A BLESSED, ENJOYABLE DAY.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEETS

Does one lite = 1/2 p, 1 starch?
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote