Old 05-01-2006, 05:42 PM   #76  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie
Well, yes actually . . .aren't you trying to stabilize? Or did you switch back to weight loss phase?
Im not trying to stabilize, no. Ive been back on weight loss for 5 weeks trying to combat the 4 pounds I have gained since the whole stabilization process began, so I am indeed NOT trying to cause a plateau. Im in the frustrated process of trying to lose 4 pounds and keep them off before maintaining and despite POP, I have continued to GAIN, not maintain.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:46 PM   #77  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Whoops-sorry. I knew you were struggling with stabilization, but I guess I missed somewhere that you went back to weight loss phase. It doesn't make sense that you are gaining . . . .you sure you're not pregnant?
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:46 PM   #78  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Deets, it is so baffling. Have you called the nutritionist yourself? I wonder if you should try the zig zagplan. Go up to 1700 on high days, no lower than 1300 on your low days. I don't know, but it seems to me like dairy or protein should make up the extra calories.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:47 PM   #79  
Katie

Ohhhh Juliemarie, now you are in for it! LOL
Old 05-01-2006, 05:48 PM   #80  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

KIDDING! KIDDING! Don't come over here and smack me!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:49 PM   #81  

Hey gals!
I am doing TO today and tomorrow..hope to see a good loss.
Sounds like everyone had a great weekend and are OP.
I went to my COD on Friday--stayed the same--so hopefully after TO and finish with TOM I will see a loss.
5 more weeks of school YEA I see the light!
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #82  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I am going to have to put a limit on you guys when I sub!! LOL--just kidding!! I am all for a new month--of course I said that last month, too...It's quite depressing that some are losing while binging and I am OP and not--WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME????? Ok--over it.

So many of you had such great weekends--our lives are pretty boring right now--ready for summer so we can get some traveling in. Congrats to all who lost--really I am happy for you--just a little green, too.

Heather, Deets, Sznn thanks for all the info. I really need to track my calories now. Supposedly I need 1576 (if I did it right--being 35 seemed to throw me for some reason!) to lose 2 lbs/week and surely on Gold I would be close--help if you disagree! Someone mentioned Gold and weight--I started at 188 and have been only on gold with lites.

Lisa--I seem to be in the same pattern as you and really would prefer to consistently lose than this BS. I seriously feel we (my COD and I) have tried everything to confuse my body but it's just refusing right now (for some time now actually). If you come up with the magic formula please share.

I know everyone here is sick of me whining and probably all feel by now I am a big fat liar--really--how can she be OP and not EVER lose. It's true--I am OP (not a liar--haha) so someone find the trick and I'll stop griping about it.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #83  
on LAWL

OH--a question--I have some great clementines but they are the size of a golfball--how many is a serving?? thanks
Old 05-01-2006, 06:31 PM   #84  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Boosmom-glad to see you made it out alive! All those kindergarteners-WHOO!
Don't know about the clementines, but how many equal around 50 or 60 cals? That's how I'd roll with it.

Deets I hate this for you. It IS frustrating. Don't let this deprive you of the victory that you have lost SO MUCH WEIGHT! I think you should even update your ticker to pre-WW weight. You are absolutely right to be concerned about 4 lbs...4 lbs lead to 10 lbs and so on, but don't let this take away from the fact that you are an inspiration to us and you have accomplished so much. You will figure out what the problem is, and we'll be here to celebrate when you do!

Katie, how is your DH doing on covert LAWL?
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #85  
on LAWL

DF--thanks! Today was a tough one because the teachers are actually there--but are pulling for testing so the kids think they don't have to listen and only be good the 10 seconds the teacher comes to get another! I am thrilled with your loss--not the sicky part but hey--something good should come of it.

Okay--someone please advise. Here is a pretty typical --pick it apart and tell me what on earth I need to change! Thanks in advance for taking the time!!

BF-toast, yogurt (S,D)
mid am-lite (L)
lunch--3 oz tuna, 15 grapes, 6 baby carrots, diet soda (P,F,V,C)
mid pm--lite, 2 clementines (L,F)
dinner-slimfast shake, 2 cup salad (P,S,V,V,C)
evening-apple (F)
100-125 oz. water
Old 05-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #86  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Fruit earlier in the day? Looks pretty neat and tidy to me, girlie.
Yes, some good SHOULD come of being sick for once, right?

This tickles me a little, so let me tell you about what is going down in my tiny tiny rural Alabama hometown. First off, many of the immigrants from our county (pretty high percentage of the population for a rural area in the south) did this immigrant protest today. Apparently, this panicked the police who called the chamber of commerce and said "lock the doors, there's 1000s of them." I told my sister "the only way they could have been more racial is to say the town was 'crawlin' with 'em." Anyway, in response, the KKK (a small group, but they still think if a minority has a rally they have to counteract) has requested a rally permit for this weekend. When the Black Panthers heard about this, they decided they had to have a rally to counteract the KKK. Will they ever be able to drive down main street again with this domino effect?
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #87  

Hey Deets,

Before you decide to kick me , here is something to think about...it sounds to me like you just plain might not be eating enough. I was on a plateau back in February where NO MATTER how little I ate or how much I exercised, I could not lose, and was gaining. I got so ticked off that I took three days and ate whatever I wanted. Not OP things at all. Lo and behold, within a few days, I broke through the plateau and even lost a few extra pounds. I don't know metabolically what happened, but I think just letting my body have a lot of food (and bad food at that) was what it needed to release the precious stores it had been guarding! In the Curves book they talk about that -- eating bad actually speeds up your metabolism. You've done so well for long, and been such a perfect eater. Your body actually becomes more effecient at using what you're giving it -- which means it takes less energy to do the same job (i.e. burns less calories to do what it did at a higher rate previously). Does this make sense?

It's so hard to know what to tell you -- I would sell my soul to the devil himself to look as good as you! But I know that's no consolation because you need to get and stay where you want to be, and where you've worked so hard to get at. Hang in there, chickie!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #88  
Katie

Where the heck is Milca? Did she jet off to Puerto Rico again or something? Miss you girl!!
Old 05-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #89  
on LAWL

Geez DF--in the south?--I can't imagine! I taught To Kill a Mockingbird (love it) for years, so my first thought of the South is Scout, Jem, and Boo! And black or white--can Calpurnia come live with me and raise my girls??
Old 05-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #90  
on LAWL

Katie--she better have a good excuse for ditching us today--and all weekend, too huh?