Old 05-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #691  
PurpleSunshine

Lisa - I think you are totally right about tricking the body - I need to really do more of eating different foods.....
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #692  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Heather I was just thinking I need to do that myself. I have been only eating big salads for my veggies this past week and I think I need to switch it up. I do not eat fish that much, but when I eat that I notice it shakes things up too.
By the way, I just saw your pictures, they are great, I can notice a difference. Now go get some clothes to show off those curves and those tonned legs I am sure you have with all the training you do!
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #693  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Boos mom- quit whining girl..I got Felicity Huffman and CHELSEA CLINTON
Way to go on the 150s!!! 5 more pounds and you will be "healthy weight" for your height according to the government (and we know they think we should be stick figures). You are a skinny minnie and I love the new avatar.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #694  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

YIPPEEEEEEEEE Boo! I know how hard you've worked for it! You are smokin'! (Thanks for puttin' your pic up there too- leave it this time!)

Aggie and Marissa, love your new pics too! You are all some hot hot hot chickies on this board!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:07 PM   #695  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandlePrincess
Ok..I have ditched TO day two. I woke up this am not feeling well and I know that drinking that juice would be more than I can handle. So it's regular on plan eating for me. I have to say I think the juice did it's job yesterday anyhow.

Leah (I think you are the one who asked): the challenge is a plan that LAWL came up with. You do two days take off and then 12 days of replacing 1 P and 1S with a shake and then 2 days on plan eating and then you repeat the cycle three times.

I will admit to doing some "research" last night about this waxing...Very interesting. I was speaking to my DH about this topic and he looked at me like I was crazy! I guess now would be a good time to explain that my husband is a minister and tends to be a bit more conserative than me! He told me that I find the wildest things online, and he could only just imagine a group of women online chatting about this kind of stuff. I just smiled and asked him if he thought this was all we chatted about?? He laughed again and said he knows better...he is sure that few topics are off limits with a group of women! He knows us women so well! I told him I just wanted to be educated about this topic...and he said "no you just want to figure out if you have enough nerve to actually do it" Oh well....at least I can say my DH knows me so well!!!

Aggie: When you graduate from med school you will be able to go to work for Dr House. Do you ever watch that show on FOX? Your knowlegde of parasites would be so helpful!

Ok I am off for now...talk to you all later!
HeatherPP...too funny about your DH's reaction to your waxing info.
I recently went on a beach weekend with some friends...Christian Moms..... and we could definitely make him blush with our conversation...nothing is off limits when it comes to girl talk, but it's great to have friends you can talk to about "stuff" whether online or not.
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #696  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

Hey Chicks! Hope you are all well...OK I did the Heritage thing and it was way toooo kind! My 1st match was Alicia Keys, then Denise Richards, Michelle Rodriguez, Vin Diesel, Naomi Cambell, Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang from Smallville), even Queen Rania of Jordan (who knew i looked like royalty! LOL) but the funniest by far is....are you ready for this!!! KATE MOSS! She weighs what my right thigh weighs! It's a funny sight, i had fun w/ it. But I think I'm gonna really do my family tree w/ it. I always wanted to have an official one especially after the boys.

BTW, have been POP since yesterday! Cross your fingers for me!
Denise Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #697  
PurpleSunshine

WTG Denise - that is wonderful!!! Congrats on the POP - keep going!
Old 05-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #698  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Thanks guys--you are ALL too sweet and I sure needed it about now! Apparently beef, beef and more beef is what my body was craving--I swear I was about to sprout feathers over here before this past week. My first thought about Kim Cattrall was her big Sex book! I think all the mixing up has helped, too. I also try to eat tuna a couple times a week (oh yeah--the Gold book I had was WRONG and we can have 5oz of the pouch tuna instead of the 3 oz. listed). I also figure the shakes instead of Lites may be helping. I like them a LOT more with fresh fruit. Chocolate banana is my current favorite. It seems I have tried so many new things I have no idea what's working.

Lisa--you, me, heatherPP, Dairy, Katie--we are all soooo close so it's really exciting--it seems there are a lot of us really close.

Denise--you got some great celebs--you better get that photo of your fine self back up there.

The nutritionist recommended Diet Herbal Tea to help break the plateau. Any ideas why?? I need to call the center but the gal I need is at lunch (how dare she!)

Thanks again chickies--you have all really made my day!

My ticker is really deceiving since you can't see the .8!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #699  
PurpleSunshine

Well Boo - you are an inspiration - especially to use plateau girls -
I'm so happy for you that you finally found something that worked (whatever it was) - maybe your body just needed a major shake up!!!!
and just for that - I'm having a nice juicy steak tonight - OP of course, but TO is over for me after the training session - I just can't do it!!! at least not during the week!!! I might try their detox diet that he gave me - it is mostly like fruits and protein shakes for 3 days!!! WEll, anyway -

I'm truly hoping for at least a small loss after these few weeks on challenge and after this week of TOM!!! I'm really ready to see the 150's........even 159.8 - geezzz,,,, I'll take it and be proud just like you girlfriend!!!! just no more 160's - that number is getting tatoo'ed to my retina!!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:00 PM   #700  
on LAWL

Enjoy your steak--you deserve it--especially with your workout regime. Brisket and babybacks are my 2 favorite foods and I've had both this past week--and they were delish--no guilt!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:02 PM   #701  
PurpleSunshine

hmmmm, that sounds wonderful - just simply wonderful.

I'm having sirloin or ny strip - can't remember - they have been marinating for two days - yum!!! can't wait - nice big steak cooked over charcoal - my mouth is watering....
Old 05-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #702  

Today was not a good eating day!
It started withTEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK BREAKFAST and they had all these different bagels and different cream cheeses (Did I stay away? of course not!)
and then, I took 1/2 day off today to go to my DYS preschool Mother's Day Thing---DESSERTS! YES__DESSERTS......So, I had the strawberry pound cake thing that looked the lighest in calories.....
BAD DAY!
I am going to walk later-hope this helps me and get back on track tomorrow. What else can you do??
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:44 PM   #703  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Boo'smom - WTG!!!
I admire your tenacity - not giving up on that plateau. I know how dang frustrating it can be.
I'm sure things will pick up speed in the 50's.
I too found after a goodly amount of beef, the scale surprisingly started going down.
I have actually weighed in at 142 for 3 consecutive days - if it sticks tomorrow ...it's mine.

I put the almonds out for DH - I call him the 'annihilator'If I want some food to disappear - I just leave it in his sight path.
So those nasty almonds won't be bothering me any longer.

HeatherPP - I have been occasionally light headed and spaced out from low blood sugar since I started LAWL. I guess it is from such low carbs.
Just had the fasting glucose test about 2-3 wks ago and haven't heard back from the Doc. so I'm asssuming I'm fine. Good to have it checked though. I also have a long history of Type2 Diabetes in the family.
PS -glad your Dad is OK.

Hope everyone is having a POP day.
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:12 PM   #704  
on LAWL

Stacy--you have the right mindset--there is nothing you can do but move on and be better next time. May is such a hard time for teachers! Almost there. I am hoping summer improves because of being home more and all the great fruit!

Sznn--thanks! For once my bullheadedness paid off--and I hope you are right about picking up speed. Glad you got rid of the almonds before they took over. I think you can now own the 142--that is AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see your ticker move.

HeatherPP--mine is watering, too! WI day is always supper at Jason's Deli--YUM! I am ready for dinner out--too much cooking with the inlaws here!
Old 05-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #705  
Losing the Weight!

Hey All... Congrats to all who have lost. (that's three cheers by the way...LOL)

I've gone down one more pound! Thats one less I have to pack around with me everyday! AND, I'm 2 pounds away from my short term goal and my HALF WAY POINT!!!!!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote