Old 05-15-2006, 01:43 PM   #886  

Oh yeah I found some motivation to stay on track. I found this really cute dress at Ann Taylor that I am going to wear to one of my cousin's wedding sit fits but a little tight (not to noticable) Anyways, my plan to loose at least 5-10 pounds by July 2 so it will look better .
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 01:49 PM   #887  
PurpleSunshine

Christie - Hey chickie!! I'm totally with you on the TO thing - just not for me - rather do the Op eating!! I'm doing shakes again for now!! At least until I run out - Hopefully you will get an offer very very soon - I know you are sooo excited about moving - I know I would be - San Diego sounds really nice - maybe I'll have to come and visit!!!

Carmen - Hey girly!! Glad you had a good weekend!!!
Denise - Girl good luck on the TO - Hopefully it will stop raining soon!!

katie - You are so funny - you get so excited about the new outfits just like me and Dairy - can't wait to see pictures of both of you!!! Glad your trip was enjoyable - that is all that matters!!!

I bought a different shake from my nutritionist that compares alot to the slim fast nutrients, calories, protein - but w/o the sugar - Hopefully it is good - I got it b/c it is strawberry - I managed to chalk down a vanilla this morning with tiny cut up pieces of strawberries!!! It wasn't too bad, but didn't have a blender at work.
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #888  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise Wilson
Good Morning Chicks! Hope you all had a good Mom's day! It was nice for me. DH bought me a cute new cell phone, it's the pink Razr w/ the matching pink blue tooth ear piece. I needed a new phone cause my old one doesn't hold the charge any more. It is cold and rainy today in NYC, so I'll be doing TO and staying home all day!

Dairy ~ The outfit sounds very cute, and unfortunately the pointy heels...yes they do hurt, especially if your not used to them. Just wear them at home to break them in and I heard those new Dr. Sholl's for women gel insoles for heels are really great.

Deets~ Way to train 'em! Jewelry is always a good gift!

Heather ~ Your picture is very nice, you look so happy!
I have a Razr too, very cool!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #889  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by klvan
I'm also 34 and I've been contemplating a tatoo for years. I was going to do it on my 30th birthday but I was too chicken. Now I'm thinking about doing it on my 35th, but that's next year so then I was thinking about doing it when I turn 40. Do you know what you want to get? I'm a Picese and I want to get the symbol for it, 2 fish swimming in opposite directions.
I got two tattoos when I was 20 (17 years ago!) and have always wanted one (black/tribal type) on my lower back. Best girlfriend and I are contimplating going and getting it done together...we'll see...
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:31 PM   #890  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Question Question for the experts

Okay all you experts--has anyone heard that daily calories under 1300 causes the body to "hold on" to everything?? My niece is majoring in nutrition (dietician), sport & exercise phys. and when I showed her my fitday log she said it's not good to be under 1300--which I am the majority of the time! Just thought I'd throw that out there. I sure don't know.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:33 PM   #891  
PurpleSunshine

haylo - Hopefully you will get right back on track from the weekend - sometimes it is hard!! CAn't wait to see your pic when you get into that dress! I'm sure the 5-10 lbs is very feasible and will melt off like butter - Just keep trying that dress on every 2 weeks - that will give you motivation. That is what my personal trainer has me doing - trying on something that doesn't fit too well and seeing the results - he asked me today if I had put it back on and I said not in two weeks - but I will tomorrow morning!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 03:35 PM   #892  
PurpleSunshine

Boo - I definitely don't know the logistics - but just the number seems low - 1300 calories is just not alot - Every magazine I read usually always has around 1400 - 1700 calories as suggestions, but who knows?? I need to put my fitday stuff in as we speak>...
Old 05-15-2006, 03:37 PM   #893  

Here's my 2 cents: I think if you don't eat enough, your body slows your metabolism down to compensate for the loss in calories. Finding that magic number is not easy though, and the less you weigh, the harder it is to lose weight (in my experience anyway). I think so much of it depends on your metabolism and exercise level. Someone who works out an hour of cardio daily can eat more calories and still lose weight than someone who does not. You need to eat enough to maintain your metabolism, but yet still reduce your calories enough to safely lose weight.

How's that for not much help?
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:39 PM   #894  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

hey everyone, happy belated mothers day!
and deets Happy Birthday!...i got a black tribal lower back, thought id share i got all excited when you said that...

well i got some bad news about my dog, she somehow managed to break her hip bone and tear ligaments, im pretty sure i know when it happened... ive been all over the doctors and they arent sure how she will recover due to the fact that shes so active...she hasnt had surgery, shes on bone forming drugs and some other things, friday i will know what happens next...the doc wanted to drug her so she would calm down, but i felt soo bad for her...i couldnt do it...also she cant walk up or down the stairs, im on the 3rd, no elevator...anyway, shes really heavy, and i was in heals this morning and my knees just gave in, it all happened in slow motion...nothing happened to us thank god, a friend of mine was behind me and caught me...i felt really dizzy too, i think it was a mixture of hypoglycemia and 40pds in my arms...she looks so desperate to go out and play with her neighborhood buds, shes a hit around here!...she stares at me for most of her day now, and the look of desperation is getting to me,...i wish she could go out too its been beautiful here..i really feel terrible for her...

katie~ from a very previous thread...im not sure what type of doctor i want to be, right now i would love to have a job in dermatology, any type of surgery or family practice...im not sure yet we start clinicals next year, so i will see what i like the most...atleast i know what i dont want to do! no orthopeadics, and no podiatry! haha....dont worry, if an emergency arise i will fly out to your rescue!

anywho ive been off plan for 3 days now, feel like poop, im gonna try my best to exercise tomorrow, i hate tom, always gets me off the wagon...
congrats on the NSV's , katie 9's!!!!...slow down lady! i wanna see a pic of you from this weekend! ...heatherPP~ you look very pretty and sooo much happier now then in the before pictures....
about the juniors, i find they are the same sizes as the womens...i wear 11 or 13 in both and they both fit, the juniors are more curve accentuating, thats the only difference i see, so its worth trying them on, you never know what may fit!

anyway, hope everyone had a nice mothers day, and hears hoping to some POP day in our nearest future....
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:42 PM   #895  

below 1200 is unhealthy for an average sized female, because this is the caloric intake necessary for vital organs...dont go below this number! long term effects, which may not seem aparent rights now, will show up later...worse then just retention of weight...
Old 05-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #896  

haha, out weights are in ticker denial...
Old 05-15-2006, 03:48 PM   #897  

boo~ what did your sister say when she saw you after not seeing you so long?
Old 05-15-2006, 03:50 PM   #898  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, Aggie, so sorry about your dog. I will keep her in my thoughts. Don't worry though, dogs heal so much faster than we do. I'm holding out my hand to help boost you back up onto the wagon! You can do this! We are here to help.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:55 PM   #899  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Debbie I am feeling better and have been trying harder. My scale showed 190 today so I have all confidence that I will be below 190 by next Sat. I did pretty well over the weekend, but so far I’m eating POP on plan today. Congrats to you for losing 41 lbs so far and 21 ½ inches that’s such an accomplishment. I bet you look great in your new clothes. If you get a chance take a pic and share it.

Heather thanks I appreciate your kind words. I am determined to do well and am taking it a day at a time. Your dinner on the 12th sounded great and I think that’s excellent your DH barbecues like that. I just read the recent posts and you look great in your outfit, blue is my favorite color and it looks good on you. Sounds like you did fairly well this weekend. Hope you like your strawberry drink, if not just plug your nose and drink I’ll keep you posted how I do Sat at WI.

Boo’sMom glad to hear you did really well this weekend I know it’s hard sometimes, but when you do well it gives you such a great feeling and helps us to stay stronger. I’m happy I have a great center also it sure helps.

Glad to hear you all had a nice Mother’s Day. Some of you are getting so tiny in your size 12 and under pants.

Lunchtime is over and I have to get back to work. Have a great day and I’ll try to post more lately.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:56 PM   #900  

thanks katie