Old 03-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #886  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Shennie - good to see you - coming your way!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:00 PM   #887  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I keep forgetting to report on the plantain. I made the mashed plantain recipe that Milca posted, and it was very good. My 3 year old helped me to make it, and after I had measured out my 1/3 cup, she ate the rest! Like Mary said, it is a great alternative to mashed potatoes, and you get to count it as a fruit.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:30 PM   #888  

Repro: Thanks for posting the cheesecake recipe.

Jamie: Our center hasn't mentioned a thing about LA Lites going up. They are sky high now, and they just went up this past year. I wouldn't buy a thing from that counselor, types like her helped us peg the name as COD. Did you get a response from the manager yet today? My bet is that you get them at $10.75/box. Can't believe she'd like a sale get away from her.

Heather (Candle P): Here are a few tips for 1/2 P. You can use a String Cheese, or Canadian Bacon (limited), eggs or egg whites. I make an egg and/or egg white omlet and add veggies (1/2 P and V). If I add cheese, I count it as my D too. I can't image eatting beans for breakfast and having to deal with the reaction of them the rest of day, but would have them for dinner. LOL!

Carmen: I made some OP blackeye-peas last week (minus the ham hocks and bacon drippings). Just wasn't the same, what is your secret POP recipe?

I'm upping the water today after having corned beef this weekend. So good, yet so salty!

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:33 PM   #889  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelica1674
I am not a meat fan so can you please tell me how you cook your black eyed peas and pinto beans??? I woild really appreciate it!! Oh and is there any way you can cook the beans and them not cause gas? I have heard add vinegar to the pot but I dont know.
Angelica - First I wash my beans/peas and then soak them overnight. You only have to do this step if the beans are the dry bagged ones, which I prefer. Then the next day I drain the beans that were soaking, and set them aside. Then I make my "stock" out of MLS, pepper, garlic, and sliced onion. You could even put some Herbox very low sodium chicken or beef broth in your stock if you want even more flavor - I have done this on occasion using beef broth for the pinto beans and chicken broth for the black eyed peas. Once your stock is seasoned to your taste, add the beans and slow simmer them until they are done, usually about 2 hours. The longer you let the beans cook the softer they will get and the thicker your stock will become. Let me know how it goes when you try them out!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:37 PM   #890  

Hi Guys!

I'm in for limited TO Tuesday and Wednesday-trying to break 150 by Easter-family get-together with TINY family members - even at Goal I'll have 20 lbs on them...lol...No idea if that is possible. It's hard to sit around with women who gripe that their 4's are tight....aarrgh

But Let's all support each other!!

Katie-we made the plantain too! (Sunday) - with a little Smart Balance. I think some cheese sprinkled on top would be good, too. DH tried baking it also (for French Fries in the oven) but it turned out weird. I though a fruit-counted french fry would rock but it was not to be.

Purple Pirate-
Funny the way you put the Oreos in Red! Laughed out loud - the rest of the post was so normal..

Milca-Have you heard from husband and did he ake PR safely? Keeping him on my prayer list!

ON ANOTHER NOTE: When you go to the Main Forum Page on 3fc, have you guys looked at the wonderfully large number of posts and views lately?? Seriously, all other WL plans outta be ashamed of themselves....

Hugs to all,
Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #891  
Katie

Hey Sy, my partner in corned beef crimes, it sooo good anyway, huh? Actually, since being so limited in salt, I was amazed by how salty the corned beef tasted to me. Not that a little sodium can stop me, hehehe.

Carmen- Your beans sound really good. I have some black bean in the cupboard. I may have to try that.

Angelica- I have heard (though my DH will swear that I have never tried it) that Beano works wonders for eating food like that.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:43 PM   #892  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Katie:
Thank You, Girl! I hope you liked it.

Shennie:
Good luck!!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:04 PM   #893  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chklithunder
Angelica - First I wash my beans/peas and then soak them overnight. You only have to do this step if the beans are the dry bagged ones, which I prefer. Then the next day I drain the beans that were soaking, and set them aside. Then I make my "stock" out of MLS, pepper, garlic, and sliced onion. You could even put some Herbox very low sodium chicken or beef broth in your stock if you want even more flavor - I have done this on occasion using beef broth for the pinto beans and chicken broth for the black eyed peas. Once your stock is seasoned to your taste, add the beans and slow simmer them until they are done, usually about 2 hours. The longer you let the beans cook the softer they will get and the thicker your stock will become. Let me know how it goes when you try them out!

I'm, having terrible flashbacks of being a child and being forced to eat black eye peas, trying to spread them out on my plate to make it look like i ate some
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:07 PM   #894  
milkyway

Hey Ange:
Welcome on the TO wagon. Thank you for your prayers, I really need them. My DH is determined in go tomorrow but the kids are kind of sick, stomach flu, so maybe that made him stay. I hope he stay. About the plantain, I have a recipe made out of yellow plantain, ground beef and cheese if you or Katie are interested let me know is call "canoa" or in english canoe. Is really good and is OP. Count as 3F, 1p,1D.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:30 PM   #895  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad7775
Love saddlebreds:
Thank you girl. About the TO, yes that's the unlimited, the limited is 6oz protein,2 green veggies,2 bars, and the juice, but you can substitute the juice for 4 cups of cantaloupes(a day) or 4 oranges(a day), and for me, the cantaloupes or the oranges work better than the juice, and also I can save some pennies!
oh my gosh!!! I'll starve!!!!
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #896  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

No you won't It just seems that way. It's actually more than 1000 calories.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:40 PM   #897  
milkyway

Nikkijo:
Hey girl, I post today in this thread a way that you can spread the food during the day and don't feel so hungry. Girl, is painful but works. Tomorrow Carmen, Ange and me are gonna do it, jump in the wagon with us! Come on!

Mary:
Thank You! I will post that recipe today in the recipe thread!
Old 03-20-2006, 02:56 PM   #898  
PurpleSunshine

Okay, my chickies Ange, Milca , Carmen - I'm in there for the TO tomorrow and weds. I was telling my DH over lunch about it and he went to stock up on chicken and oranges on the way home - I actually sat there at lunch and produced a sample menu - very similar to the one Milca posted!!!!

Ange - Yes, those OREOS were my guilty pleasure and what I thought was my worst, so made them stand out in confession!!!

Okay girls - here we go - I'm jumping on the TO wagon - AGAIN!!!! This should be just what I need to get my jumpstart to be in the 150's by the end of the month - that is so accomplishable - that is only 2.5 lbs in 11 days!!! I should be well into the 150's by then!!!

Last edited by PURPLEPIRATE99; 03-20-2006 at 03:13 PM.
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:15 PM   #899  
milkyway

Heather, Carmen, Ange:
Great!!!
WOOOHOOOO!!! LAWL be careful because here we go!!
Old 03-20-2006, 04:03 PM   #900  
Katie

Okay, my DH is so great. My present that he ordered me in the mail showed up today. I was right about it being a necklace, wrong about the cameo. It is the "Time Turner" necklace that Hermione wore in Harry Potter 3: The Prisoner of Azkaban. If you click on my picture, you can see a picture of the necklace. It came with a wooden display case that is really cool, too. What a sweetie for buying me that. He just made my day!

Last edited by Repo girl; 03-20-2006 at 04:08 PM.