Old 03-20-2006, 04:07 PM   #901  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Well, well well! What a chatty bunch of chickies! I am back and feel like I need to repent my food sins as well.

Welcome to all you newbies - this board is growing by leaps and bounds!
Just goes to show what a great environment we have here.

Hockey this weekend was LONG! I spent a good portion of Friday at the rink, Saturday from 5:30 in the morning until 11:00 at night at the rink, a good portion of yesterday at the rink, had our team pizza party last night, and went back to the rink again today for 5 hours. I think I am finally done!

My son's team ended up with a second place finish in the state hockey tournament for his age group. That was pretty good, I think. He had to play goalie for two of the 4 games, Man, I am not a good goalie mom. I get soooooooo stressed out when he is in the net. We played the top two teams in the league for the games that he was in the net, and he did really well (won one and lost one). He is not the full time goalie, and has gotten very little time in the net during the season. That boy all but stood on his head to make the saves. I, on the other hand, had to go buy a bottle of hair color to get rid of all the new gray that showed up! Ok, enough patting the son on the back!

I packed a cooler to take to the rink on Saturday. I did pretty good at avoiding the hospitality room "junk" - the mini-M&M candy drops got the best of me - I had 5 - and I overdid it on starches and veggies, but got in lots of water. Sunday was our team party - DH got there before me, and ordered me a salad bar (gotta love him!) but they had the garlic chicken pizza so I had two small slices and counted it as a SP. I probably undercounted it and went over on starches again. Sigh.

I am having such a hard time adapting to the purple plan. Doing the red was easy! So far, I am OP today, but I haven't been to the store for like, a week, and can feel the pressure to have something naughty building up! There's a big bucket of KFC in the fridge that DH fed the kids while I was at the rink.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:10 PM   #902  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Katie, That is so cool and beautiful of your DH.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:12 PM   #903  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yeah, he is a keeper!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:13 PM   #904  
PurpleSunshine

Wow Katie - that is beautiful and so nice of your DH - I see some action tonight in my cystal ball .............heheheheheeh sneaky sneaky......

You go Chickie!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:17 PM   #905  
PurpleSunshine

Quick question for limited TO tomorrow - do the veggies still count 1 cup raw and 1/2 cup cooked - veggie.....so in other words, I need to eat raw to get most bang for my buck???
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:30 PM   #906  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Heather:
The veggies you count them the same as your book said, the only thing is that they have to be green...I don't think that eating them raw or cooked would make a difference. I notice that when do the TO with romaine lettuce I lose more than when I use another veggie.

Heather and Katie
Note appart: It's so funny about the romantic crystal ball , Katie you gotta pay for that necklace, girl

Last edited by rad7775; 03-20-2006 at 04:42 PM.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:57 PM   #907  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Katie - LOVE the necklace from DH. It was really sweet of him to order that for you. What a keeper. You two seem like a great couple - and so wise to appreciate each other the way you do. I'm gonna cry....

Milca, Heather and Ange - I'm excited and ready for tomorrow! <--that's TO juice!

Lori - FOR YOUR DS's TEAM! to your DS!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:24 PM   #908  

Heather- the prob. to me with TO AND the 4 follow-up days is that NO CONDIMENTS are allowed- salad dressing, sauces or things to dip into -- I always do the cooked vegetables on TO (broccolli or zucchini - both really filling), stir-fried in Mrs. Dash and Pam, i would love to be the person who eats dry salad!!

Chicklit-still curious about what you're trying out on hubby...LOL

Milca-keep those happy faces coming.

Katie-necklace and Outback in a week's time? He IS a keeper!

Hugs,
Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #909  

Well I am surviving my first day of TO Ladies - I was going to join y'all tomorrow, but I really felt I had to start today ....All these suggestions are giving me a HUGE shopping list for tomorrow.

I've got my hopes that a good loss will keep me on track.... STILL NO CIGARETTES!!!!
Loves Saddlebreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:36 PM   #910  
Katie

Thanks guys! I want to make a nice dinner tonight and get to spend nice evening at home with DH and the kids. It is laundry day, so I am rushing to get all of it done and put away so that the house is really clean. Also, the kids did not have a nap, so they can go to bed at 8:00. OOOORAHHHH! I am thinking about making the sweet and sour chicken. I'll let you know.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:03 PM   #911  
Katie

Loves Saddlebreds- Way to stop smoking, that is wonderful!!

Ange- I put vinegar on my salad. There is no way I could eat one dry!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:13 PM   #912  
Katie

Mary- Harry Potter nerd? No, probably more like Harry Potter fool. I wish I could go to Hogwarts. I am so facinated by the whole deal. I just finished another book that was wonderful. The first book is Eragon, the second is Eldest, and last one is not out yet. They are fanatasy, magic, elves, dragons, but a much funner read the Lord of the Rings. I loved them too, but the Eragon books are even better in my opinion. If you love Harry Potter, you would love these, too.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:04 PM   #913  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad7775
Nikkijo:
Hey girl, I post today in this thread a way that you can spread the food during the day and don't feel so hungry. Girl, is painful but works. Tomorrow Carmen, Ange and me are gonna do it, jump in the wagon with us! Come on!

Mary:
Thank You! I will post that recipe today in the recipe thread!
OK. I'm in!! I bought 2 big cantalopes at the grocery store!!!!
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #914  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad7775
Heather:
The veggies you count them the same as your book said, the only thing is that they have to be green...I don't think that eating them raw or cooked would make a difference. I notice that when do the TO with romaine lettuce I lose more than when I use another veggie.

Heather and Katie
Note appart: It's so funny about the romantic crystal ball , Katie you gotta pay for that necklace, girl
can we use condiments?
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:38 PM   #915  
Katie

Mary- Yes, a teenager did write them. The main characters are real people. Peasants, actually. I have thought long and hard about HP #7. No way will Harry die, I wonder if Ron will. I really hope that that none of the main characters die. I would be so sad.....I have a crazy theory about Snape and Dumbledore. I don't think that Dumbledore is really dead. I think that Snape (as much as I hate him) is really on the good guys team, and Dumbledore dying was all a set up to fool Voldemort. Who knows what will happen, one thing for sure, I can't wait for the next book. When does is come out?