Old 03-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #1036  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Milca, you ever try making plantain chips with cooking spray in the oven? DH loves them...also, can you advise how you make fried plantains regularly so I can try to adapt that recipe? How about sauteeing in a little oil (using my Fats for the day-I get 2) and carmelising with, i dunno...sugar free syrup? What do you think? Let me know when youre feeling better
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:58 PM   #1037  
banned

On TO...Im not hungry either, physically. Its all mental on TO for me, just knowing theres so much more restriction, but not physical hunger. Im also anticipating results, so Id like to just go to bed and wake up and its all done, LOL! Im thinking to do eggbeaters tomorrow (2 veggie omelets), Im over chicken, LOL! 1.5 cups seems like a lot...I dont know, how much is in one of those individual cups?
Old 03-21-2006, 08:03 PM   #1038  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Nikkijo:
I will continue with TO to the end. Maybe what I feel is nauseos b/c I'm hungry? But I don't feel like I wanted to eat. This never happen to me before on TO, I think it could be for my kids stomach virus.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:12 PM   #1039  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Deets:
Thank you!!If you have two fats you can fry them. Buy the yellow plantain, you know when is yellow almost a little brown. When the plantain is like that is more sweet. Cut it out and fry it. I don't know how to caramelized it, but Iknow that when you fry it becomes really sweet. If you want to do "tostones" that is with the green plantain let me know girl, is very similar to plantain chips

Last edited by rad7775; 03-21-2006 at 08:18 PM.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:17 PM   #1040  
Princess Heather

Ok..here I am sick again....and feeling rather defeated this winter season. I have asthma and have my share of bronchitis but this has been crazy! My 15month old FS was sick again today as well. I feel so defeated by this! Is it possible that since I am eating less food I am building a resistance that I need to fight this stuff? (no I am not looking for a reason to quit) I don't take Vitamins, just never was someone that could stick with them....but I am wondering if that would help. Between my sickness and my FS I have missed soooo much work. I will say that my 15 month old was home with me today and even though we were sick we had a good day. He slept until 0830 and got in his 3 hour nap that he loves...he has been ill, but happy all day. Just another reason why I am considering staying home in the Fall....that and the fact that I am feeling like I am never there anymore anyway..lol

Sorry to vent so much.....I am just frustrated.....

On another note...BARRY MANILOW on American Idol tonight!!!!! Still after all these years I don't know what it is but I almost swoon for Barry!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:18 PM   #1041  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I am way into drinking tea, and I was just on the Celestial Seasonings website. They have some awesome new teas that I have got to have, BTW. Anyhow, I copied their directions on how to brew tea correctly, in case anyone is interested.

Steps for Brewing the Best Cup of Hot Tea
• Use fresh water. Good water makes good tea, so start with fresh, cold water.
• Heat the water. For black and herb teas, use boiling water. For green and white teas, heat the water just to the boiling point.
• Pour water over tea bag. Immediately pour the heated water into your teapot or teacup, over the tea bag.
• Cover your cup. Whenever possible, keep the teacup or teapot covered to retain the heat.
• Time the brew. For the best flavor, brewing time depends on the tea type: three to five minutes for green and black teas, four
to six minutes for herb teas, one to three minutes for white teas and six minutes for wellness teas.
• Squeeze the bag. Give the tea bag a gentle squeeze to release the last bit of flavor and color from the tea, then remove the
bag from the cup or pot.
• Prepare to enjoy! If desired, the tea flavor can be complemented with a favorite sweetener (we like honey) and/or lemon.
For black tea, milk may be used (cream is too heavy for most tea varieties). Traditionally, green tea is served without milk.
Also, most herb teas taste best without milk, especially fruit and mint varieties. Check the tea package for specific preparation
recommendations.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:25 PM   #1042  
Katie

Height: 5'1

HeatherCP- I had a really hard time remembering to take my supplements for a long time too. I finally printed little notes that said "Have you taken your vitamins today?" and I taped them to the bathroom mirror, scale, kitchen cupboard, and on the window above the kitchen sink. I left them there for a long time to help me to remember, and now, after a few months, I finally took them down the other day, because it has become habit now. The only downside? DH thought it was dang funny, and put up his own notes. I was ready to kill him when I laid down to relax in the tub and saw a note taped to the ceiling above the tub that said "Have you done the dishes today?" I had to use the broom to get it off of the ceiling.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:35 PM   #1043  

Katie - that Vanilla Cherry Tea (wow the thread grew so fast, I can't find it again) sounds like heaven. After finishing TO, I've got to try it. I am very into something sweet at the end of the day !

Tina - thanks for detailing how to do the measurements, hopefully I can see my measurement progress as well as watching the scale like a hawk.

Milca - feel better, I hope you didn't catch that evil stomach virus
Loves Saddlebreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:35 PM   #1044  
Princess Heather

Katie,
That sounds like something my DH would do. He thinks he's soooo cute! LOL I guess I'll head to the Vitamin aisle at Walmart this weekend. I am certainly not buying LAWL stuff....too much $$$$ in my opinion!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:36 PM   #1045  
Princess Heather

Speaking of Tea...Celestial Seaonings also has an English Toffee that is wonderful as well. A nice dessert tea. It's supposedly in limited areas but they have it online at the CS site!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #1046  

We get a Celestial Seasonings called RoastAroma - it's decaf, but tastes alot like a warm, mild coffee, very unique and soothing if you like coffee but don't want to drink too much of it.
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #1047  

And it IS made of tea, don't know if I made that clear or not.

TO is coming along! 24 hours to go, chickies!!

Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #1048  
banned

Trader Joes had Chocolate Tea...I didnt like it AT ALL.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:50 PM   #1049  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

OMG! You chicks are making T/O almost seem like fun!!

I am sorely tempted to jump on the bandwagon tomorrow and Thursday.
OK, maybe my real motivator is these Hudson jeans I just bought on ebay. They fit really small and I can feel every seam.
They are not quite hoochie momma jeans.... but could be if I gain another ounce or 2.

Yup that's it, on the bandwagon with the rest of you chicks manana.

-S

PS good luck Corinna, don't let them bully you.
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #1050  
banned

I havent heard of Hudson's...are they like Sevens?