Old 03-31-2006, 11:36 AM   #1636  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Heather- Thanks so much. I wish we all lived closer. I just want to meet up for lunch one day.

Beanie- You are doing great with everything that is on your plate. As far as getting frustrated with your siblings, I can really relate. Over the past 8 years of living across the street from my grandma and helping take care of her, I have been so angry with my uncles and cousins many times for doing nothing. Don't feel guilty for it. You are sacrificing A LOT!

Carm- PMS makes you clean house? Is that contagious, because I really need to catch that bug this morning.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:01 PM   #1637  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Katie - Sure does. Scientifically it has been likened to the nesting impulses that many women experience when they are late in their pregnancy. You know, going through, getting everything just so in anticipation of . Your body is using many of those same hormones during ovulation/PMS/TOM, and a lot of women experience the urge to clean just before TOM. Now I am no scientist so I could be way off base, but I did read that somewhere. But for me, I just clean whenever I am ill at ease. I clean when I'm worried, I clean a LOT when I'm broke, and I clean when TOM is coming. Its kind of like my mind is saying "Okay Carm, you're about to be uncomfortable enough, you don't need a mess surrounding you to add to your worries." Wow, that looks weird on paper (screen), but I don't know how else to explain it.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:15 PM   #1638  
Katie

Well, I just got word that my SIL is in labor!
Old 03-31-2006, 12:28 PM   #1639  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Katie:
Congrats!!! In spanish "aunt" means "tia or titi", so Congrats Titi!

Mary:
You are funny!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:42 PM   #1640  
Katie

Milca- Did you just call me a titti? Just kidding, thanks chickie!
Old 03-31-2006, 02:37 PM   #1641  
Katie

Yum Mary, what time? I'll be right over!
Old 03-31-2006, 02:45 PM   #1642  
LA Newbie

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Sounds like a really good pizza
mysticshadows7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:47 PM   #1643  
PurpleSunshine

you girls are too funny today -

Carmen - I am the EXACT same way about the cleaning. DH will look at me every now and then when it happens and say - you must be getting ready to start - I will of course, say why? - because you are cleaning everything like a mad woman!!! I definitely think the TOM and cleaning are linked for me as well!!!

Mary - Wow - let me catch a plane - I can be over shortly!!!

Milca - what movie did you watch?
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:49 PM   #1644  
PurpleSunshine

I'm in spring cleaning mode today - I've been cleaning out all the old papers in my cubicle here at work - can't stand the mess ANYMORE....I was just thinking early - hmmmmm, wonder how long I have before TOM?>
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:54 PM   #1645  
milkyway

Heatherpp:
"Crash" I think that movie win an Oscar or at least was nominated for an Oscar this year for best picture, is really good, and have really good actors, Sandra Bullock, Matt Dilon, Ludacris, Don Cheadle, well I like it a lot.

Katie:

Mary:
What time did you said that you serve lunch in your house, b/c that sounds good
Old 03-31-2006, 03:03 PM   #1646  

All right friends,

I am back after about a month of lurking and pouting. I have decided to continue with LAWL on my own. I am tired of my COD pushing me to buy the bars, I ran out of WL weeks, and am moving anyway. Plus, I feel like I'm on autopilot now with the program and still feel motivated enough to keep up on my own. So I am looking to all you at-home girls to help keep me motivated!

Katie -- sorry about DGM...so stressful. You want them to go for them, yet want them to stay for you. Went through that when I watched my DGM suffer through pancreatic cancer...it got ugly at the end.

Mary - sorry also about the DH family. I have similar issues with my family (my mom drives my DH crazy). We've worked it out that he comes when he wants to, and stays home when he doesn't. He can't/won't get mad at me for going to see them, and I don't get mad at him for not coming along. It's worked well for us -- do what you need to so you have peace and be happy.

Milca -- as always, love your smilies and sense of humor.

Newbies --

Barb -- congrats on the new job. I know you'll do great.

Everyone else I missed -- here's lots of love!

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:18 PM   #1647  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi All,

I went back to my spinning Masimaro until I get a decent pic.
Just wanted to say I think this is the first time a met a month end goal!!!

Could this be the start of a new trend??
I have been in the 148's for 3 days now - so I am going to claim it as my own.

Happy POP day

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #1648  
Katie

Christie, my friend! I am so glad to see you back. I have been wondering where the heck you went! You know we will give you all the support in the world.

Okay, I have to get this off of my chest. I know that this sounds petty, I am struggling so hard not to be mad, but dang it, I AM! This morning about 10 my BIL calls DH at work. DH asks him what he is up to and he says "Oh, I am just up at the hospital with Kim (BIL and DH's sister)." DH asks why and he says "Well, her water broke early this morning, so we are all just up here waiting." My BIL lives an hour away from the hospital, and he was there hanging around with the rest of the family before they ever even bothered to call us. It is like we are not really family, you know. I had told SIL last week that we would not come up to the hospital until after the baby was born and she had a chance to rest. She actually made that request to the whole family, but no one decided to respect her wishes, obviously. It just pisses me off that they just call us as an afterthought, like we don't really need to know. I want to be better than this bullcrap, I don't like to let them get to me, but my hurt feelings just keep flaring up here. EMIL was mad because I did not want her to take my son home for a few days because of my grandma's condition. My little boy is my grandma's right hand when she is home and they are very close. I just want him here so that he has a few chances to see her and stuff. Anyway, I'm just feeling pretty crappy about the whole situation. Do you think I am being overly sensitive?
Old 03-31-2006, 03:40 PM   #1649  

Katie- I DONT THINK YOU ARE BEING OVERLY SENSITIVE... family always tend to get to me because they are the first ones i think about and I think that it should be mutual. You are expecting your inlaws to react the same way you did when you had your children and that is just normal to get hurt if they dont take you in consideration the same way you take them!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:45 PM   #1650  
milkyway

Katie:
Don't blame you to feel mad about it, I will, but keep your cool girl, you are much better than this. About EMIL, how she would feel if it were her the one at the hospital instead of your granma, I mean, wouldn't her like to have her family close to her? She will have to get trough it, and understand that this is not the best moment for your son to go over there, and if she don't understand, well, too bad for her b/c is your son, not hers.