Old 02-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #976  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

We're glad to have you back,.Norissa...whining and all, LOL! YOU CAN DO IT, now you have a real goal in sight to make you get there too Glad youre back!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:42 PM   #977  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetsmom
We're glad to have you back,.Norissa...whining and all, LOL! YOU CAN DO IT, now you have a real goal in sight to make you get there too Glad youre back!
Thanks for the kind welcome back although I never really "left" I am one of those lurkers

Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:02 PM   #978  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_of_3_Monsters
OK Ladies !! I need your help "finding" my way back on to the wagon !! I was just asked to be in a wedding in Sept for some friends of mine !! and I really want to look my best, ya know ... Sooooo I have decided to start TO tomorrow so I can "rid" myself of these starchy sugar cravings !! SO be ready for lots of complaining and whining and LOTS of questions and help keeping me accountable !!!!

Norissa,
come on and join the wagon. I'll PM you for motivation for WI in you want me to. I can use the encouragement and motivation too. If I remember correctly you aren't going to the COD are you? I am not either (have been there before) trying to shed the lbs. I let creep back on.

Just finished the season of Upward (church league) Basketball cheerleading and Basketball with my daughters, so here's a cheer..........corny I know....Come on Norissa you can do it, put a little power to it
Did that help?
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:18 PM   #979  
Norissa on LAWL

Leah ... I would love any encouragement I can get SO feel free to PM me whenever ... that may keep me from totally lurking No I don't go to the COD either, I had great success with the program a few years ago, but got pregnant w/ my youngest son, who will be 5 in May, I didn't gain all my weight back luckily ...

We are in the midst of our Upward season right now ... 1/2 way through indoor soccer !! All 3 kids are involved the boys are on the pre-K/K league, which DH and I coach, and then DH coaches our daughters 3rd grade team !! My daughter has been on a Cheerleading squad the past 3 years, but decided to play soccer this year. It is so much fun !! I LOVE the Upward program !!!
Old 02-27-2006, 07:53 AM   #980  

Hi ladies: Just dropping in to say hello. I haven't given up the fight, I'm still hovering at about the same weight. I'm lurking as with Norissa. Some day are so hard to keep up with you ladies. LOL!

Repro: I love your wit! I'm sure that everyone enjoyed your last B present. I was LMAF when I was reading.

Norissa: I'm sending you and me some. Just remember, 1 day at a time.

This message is from Star:

Deets: I would be on if I got a comment like that at the gym I go to. I'm working on it. LOL!

Well, gotta run and get back to work.

to everyone, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:13 AM   #981  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Speaking of the gym...how much retention is expected the day after working out? I know muscles hold onto extra fluids after, especially if you havent worked out in awhile. I worked out yesterday and didnt get that sore muscle feeling today, but the scale is up over a pound and thats the only thing I changed. Is this typical?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:16 AM   #982  
PurpleSunshine

Deets - I think it totally depends on what you do at the gym and everybody's body varies - but I think a lb would totally be normal. I can flucuate, but I stay close to the same, but I alternate weights with cardio - so I can the water muscle weight and then shed the next day with cardio. I don't usually see a gain - at least now since I've been going for over a month.
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:49 AM   #983  
PurpleSunshine

Good morning my fellow chickies - hopefully I won't be quite as busy this week - I've missed you guys!!!!

Well, I have to admit I didn't do great this weekend. We had a birthday get together at my in-laws and well - I did OK. I had too many starches for the day and a small piece of cake ( I let savannah eat most of the icing though). I think my problem was that I was soooo hungry when I got there - that I just indulged. I was too full afterward and felt bad, but I didn't let it get me down. I did good yesterday and got back on track. I did have ground sirloin for dinner, and I was up a little on the scale this morning, but I figured it will go away hopefully by Weds -

Does anyone else see an increase on the scale after eating beef? Or is it my overindulging on saturday that got me??
Well, I will get more in later......hope everyone has a very POP day!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:15 AM   #984  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetsmom
..im a straight water girl with the exception of one daily Diet Coke that HAS to come from McDonalds..im a junkie.
Why is it that McDonald's diet coke tastes the best? I so agree with you -- there is just something about their diet coke!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:42 AM   #985  

Mary~ that is great about DH

Boo’s mom~ how was take-off?

Leah~ great NSV

Connorsmom~ when I was on depo-provera (sp?) I gained the majority of my weight. I have been on the nuva-ring for about 9 months and although I hate having my monthly friend back, I do think it has made a difference. I just felt like I could not loose with that shot for anything. I was told that the nuva-ring uses the same hormones as BC pills, but that’s about all I can say…if you are really trying to not have any little ones right now, be careful with that stopping the pills and be sure to be prepared for having something else around or next month you might find a little surprise

Norissa~ missed you

Heather~ they say beef and pork take longer to digest so that is probably why you are seeing the gain.

Ok, I have managed to maintain this week, which is better than nothing. I was at 147.4 again this morning. I have to go into the COD today. Have only been going once a week since I started my busy schedule with my practicum and missed last week, so I’ll have to get the look
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:57 AM   #986  
PurpleSunshine

Shennie - that is wonderful - I know you are still estatic to be under the 150 and staying under nicely - !!! You will be at your goal before Easter - what I nice present!!!

Thanks for the info on the pork and beef!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 10:03 AM   #987  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Good morning chickies! I missed you all this weekend while I was off. I had KFC chicken breast last night( bad,bad) So I am doing TO today and tomorrow.Plus, I am trying to get to 181 by wed.Is anyone else doing TO? I did lose another pound this weekend so I guess thats good. I did lose another inch in my waist too and I dont know how cause Ive only lost 5 pounds since last measureing ,who knows!!

Connorsmom-I was on the depo twice.First time I did great but the second time I had no sex drive at all.I didnt gain weight from the depo either but I was really watching my weight then too.I was told by my doctor that depo is given to sex offenders because it stops their sex drive!! I couldnt believe it. I tried the nuvaring but didnt like it. So now I have a IUD, I love it!! It gets taken out in 4 years(or sooner if I want).

Congrats to everyone who has lost!!
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:19 AM   #988  
Norissa on LAWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelica1674
So I am doing TO today and tomorrow.Plus, I am trying to get to 181 by wed.Is anyone else doing TO?
Hey Angelica ... I am doing TO today and tomorrow ... and so far so good !!
Old 02-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #989  

Mary, As we say in the south, Bless your heart!!!!!!!! I'm sorry you keep on having trouble.
Congrats on your downward moving scale!!!!!!!!

Norissa, Hope TO goes well for you. YOu'll love those fruits and starch on Wed.!!!
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #990  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Norrisa - my fellow lurker...how is takeoff going??

I may have to jump on the TO wagon, this w/e has thrown me off.
Went up snowboarding on Saturday and as it was an all day extravaganza
I didn't have my regular meals - had a bar and some trail mix.
But the deviations in the w/e didn't end there and long story short, hopped on the scale yesterday to be greeted by 156.
It is so frustrating that to just get off track a little and see such dire consequences.

Deets I can totally commiserate with your maintenance frustrations. I am now not looking forward maintenance, it seems like it is soooo easy to put the weight back on

Back on the wagon today + T/O wed + thurs

Happy Monday all,
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote