Old 02-22-2006, 04:44 PM   #826  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom
OOPS--I wrote out my post then forgot to hit send, then did, but did not realize the same advice was already out there.

Marisa--thanks! I plan to do TO Friday and Saturday if you want to join in--wanted to start tomorrow but have to sub and I hate packing weird in front of a crowd.

Okay--I can't whine anymore this week. I went in to weigh a day early and was down 2.4 (fine, not great since last week was only .6) but I will take it--and move my ticker to boot! Total down 17.8 since December 30th. I was THRILLED with it.

NSV--I was so pleased with my 2.4 I went to Buckle to try on jeans (for fun) I have said all along that if/when I get to a 10 (hopefully by my birthday in May) I was going to splurge on either some Lucky's or Seven's as my gift to myself --shocker--I fit into a 12 today and was stunned. Of course I felt a 100 years old with all these tiny teens asking if they could help--one even said--"if you buy the buckle brand you should go ahead and get a 10 b/c they will stretch out throughout the day--OMG my jaw dropped. I haven't even been a 12 in 10-12 years. Okay--enough patting myself on the back.
WOO HOO!!!! I got that "100 year old" moment yesterday at the store when my friend joked to the checkout girl..the girl gave her the total and said, ok, thats 19.88. My friend chuckled, Oh, the year I was born. The checkout girl was like...me too! Mind you, my best friend is just 30...Im almost 37. When I realised HOW OLD I was when this adult looking girl was born and that I COULD BE HER MOTHER, I almost fainted. The young girl heard me saying this and she said "you dont look that old"...LOL! Thanks
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #827  
banned

Ive got a good one for you to ponder...I need some help with this. First, does anyone know what 1/4c white rice and 1/4c dried beans UNCOOKED equal? The rice box says 1/4c=1 c cooked...the beans - I THINK equal 1/2c cooked. Get this...the new recipe for rice and beans from the cookbook, 1 serving equals 1S, 1P for 1/3c rice, 1c beans. BUT, i remembered in my book, that a Carb Craver for Rice and Beans = ONE Prrotein but it says 1/4c raw rice and 1/4c uncooked beans...SO, for just one protein you get A WHOLE CUP of rice?! AND 1/2c beans?? I called COD on this and they were stumped as usual. I cant imagine eating that much rice and it being a good thing...BUT, I dont want to eat too much beans cos they came out kinda salty for my taste....ugh.....what to do? KATIE, Im counting on you for this one- LOL!!!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:13 PM   #828  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Okay Deets, Here is how it breaks down:
1/4c dry white rice=184 calories
1/4 c dry red beans=78 calories
Total calories= 262
As compared to:
6 oz chicken breast=157 calories
2 eggs=148 calories
2 T RF peanut butter=187 calories
4 oz Lean Steak= 160 calories

So, it looks to me like you are going over by around 80-100 calories. If doing the carb cravers, I would either only use 1/8 of a cup of dry rice, or count it as a starch and a protein. You are right Deets. This recipe does not make sense.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:19 PM   #829  
banned

But wouldnt we want to compare a P AND a S to compare to the 262 cals for the one Carb Craver? I already made the rice, so whats 1/8c equal to? I also just had my "extra" starch, a big ol rice cake for a whoppin, what, 30 cals? LOL!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:25 PM   #830  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Sugar binge is behind me - Thanks for all the support!!
I may have to do TO to detox all that sugar out of my system.

Feeling much better today - went to buy some new dress pants for work as the ones I am wearing are beginning to look like a sac.
I bought a pair of 8's that fit great - not snug at all. Although I still wasn't thrilled at all the views in the old 3 way mirror.
Have to lighten up on myself, its a much prettier sight than 4 mths ago!!

Shennie - I found a pic of myself that I had hidden on the computer from 2002...that was after my DH took it into his office, so one of his co-workers could fix some critical errors I sure hope his co-worker didn't find and open it....
Oh well it wasn't exactly labelled nude pic.
Thanks for your words of encouragement...I am looking forward to joining you in 140's land very soon.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:25 PM   #831  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yes, my center says to keep starches under 100 calories, and closer to 60 if possible. I think you would be in a ball park range at a protein and a starch, but in truth, the carbs are going to be so high in all of that rice (40 carbs) that it would do a number on my blood sugar, and leave me craving carbs again. I would use 1/8 dry rice, which would be 1/2 cup cooked.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #832  

Katie~ you are full of soo much info
Deets~ it might be a misprint...i remember my blue book had a misprint were they said i can have a whole subway 6' for 1 starch, 1 protein, 1 veggie (oh the good old days )
Sznn~ i might be here in the high 140's for a while...so come on over.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:53 PM   #833  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Deets--so right and I really shouldn't splurge but if my butt looks good I'm going with it.

Last edited by Boo'sMom; 03-18-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #834  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
Yes, my center says to keep starches under 100 calories, and closer to 60 if possible. I think you would be in a ball park range at a protein and a starch, but in truth, the carbs are going to be so high in all of that rice (40 carbs) that it would do a number on my blood sugar, and leave me craving carbs again. I would use 1/8 dry rice, which would be 1/2 cup cooked.
Thanks- I did 1/2 c rice, 1/2c beans and counted it as the Carb Craver...we'll see what happens BTW, I SLATHERED cheddar on top of this and put salsa on the side and my husband LOVES this recipe...another example of making LAWL recipes family friendly.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:58 AM   #835  

Jamie,
DO NOT get dissapointed over the 1.5 lb. loss. You have done awsome so far. Everybody loses differently. I started on Jan. 13, so have been at it just over a month. I have lost almost 18 lbs., but have only lost 6 1/2 inches. Don't just focus on the scale. If you have gone down 2 sizes in clothes already, you are doing it right!!! You go girl!!!
Debster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:04 AM   #836  
Monic

Hello...ladies...went to the COD and guess what...I was up 1...which wasn't all that bad with everything I ate...she said I was doing good though for it being my 9th week on program and have lost 16 lbs and 17 inches....so she made me feel better...she also suggested I do the meal replacements for dinner(my problem)...since it's liquid it will be easier and faster to digest...I shall consider it...see ya'll ladies...later

.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Love Monic
LA'smostDETERMINED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:56 AM   #837  
PurpleSunshine

Good morning Chickies - Well I guess I can say I officially lost 2 lbs on TO. my scale tried to really fool me this morning and say 157.....so I got off - used the bathroom and then got on again - and then it read 162 - I'm still satisfied - I mainly did TO to get rid of the sugar cravings and get back on track - I'm the lowest I've been so far on the plan - so I'm happy.....

Glad TO is done for most of us. I sure am ready for some fruit today - and yogurt and of course, I will not forget my starches -

Hope everyone has a wonderful POP day....
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:26 AM   #838  

Heather -- I am so glad we're done, too. I registered about a 1.7 loss which is great for me. I'm always hoping for more, but I will take what I can get. Plus, I feel like it got me off the sugar-craving binge I have been on, so I feel like I'm back on track. I'm going to do lemon water this afternoon (I go WI at the COD tomorrow) and hope for the best. Even if I don't lose another ounce by tomorrow, I feel like I'm in a better place mentally as I go forward. I think that might be worth more in the long run.

So DH has accepted a job in San Diego and we are going to be moving there. Any chickies out that way? Just looking for info about the area, schools, etc. I didn't think there was any place more expensive to live than Boston, but I think CA might be it! It's a great job and we are totally excited. Told our kids last night and they were all jumping for joy.

Well, hope everyone has a POP day!

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:57 AM   #839  
PurpleSunshine

Christie - Congrats on your TO loss - I look at the TO is a "back on track" so any loss is a good one!!! I really needed to get rid of some of the sugar cravings as well - My stomach was really growling last night when I got up around 3 to use the bathroom - all I could think about was how bob greene said - it was really burning some fat!!!! YEA!!

Wow - what a move - congrats on the job - but wow - from EAST to WEST - that will be a change. I've heard San Diego is beautiful though........
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:58 AM   #840  
Princess Heather

Christie: Congrats on your moving plans! I have been to San Diego only once but have been dying to go back. It's beautiful!

Here's to POP day! I woke up so hungry this morning and already struggling not to cheat! So here's to us chickies! POP for all!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote