Old 02-23-2006, 12:16 PM   #856  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

We love watching American Idol at our house. My son & I get up a dance around the living room as they sing and my husband just laughs at us and thinks we’re nuts. I’ve liked Taylor from day one also. He’s just really unique. I don’t think he’s the best vocally, but he’s great at the “Ray Charles” type of music he sings. Even if he doesn’t win American Idol, I’m sure he’ll go far afterwards because you don’t see that type of talent anymore.

I go to WI in about an hour. I’m not expecting any changes. I’ve been stuck for almost 2 weeks again. Today I’m sure they’re going to give me all their “words of wisdom” to use on my vacation (we fly out tomorrow at 8 am). On Tuesday when I went in, I wanted to stock up on my L.A. Lites for vacation and they were out of the caramel, which is the only one I eat. I kind of went of the handle on them. I was really hoping to have my bars to help keep me OP while on vacation, so they tried to sell me their hot chocolate and their shakes and I was like, “How the **** do you expect me to prepare hot chocolate or a shake while I’m walking around the Magic Kingdom? Get real. This diet is supposed to be simple.” I said, “So the next time I buy my bars off of ebay, I don’t want to hear one word about it, because you obviously can’t keep up with demand.” Did I mention this is TOM, but I was really pissed. This is the third time this has happened and it takes about a week and a half before they get more in. You think they would learn and yeah I could have asked for them sooner, but when I prepay for them I expect the COD to have them available when I need them. Part of their argument with buying in bulk and leaving them at the center was that you’ll always get “fresh” products, well now I get no product. I guess this next week will just be a test to see how necessary their L.A. Lites really are.

Well, if I don’t post anymore today, I’ll miss reading everyone’s post over the next week. I know I don’t post often, but I really do enjoy trying to keep up with everything and everyone’s success. I’ll have a lot of catching up to do when I get back. I don’t dare try to get online while on vacation or I’ll never hear the end of it from DH. He thinks I’m addicted to this forum, he’s right, but I’ll never admit that to him!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:24 PM   #857  
Princess Heather

Repo girl: Don't miss Coronado Island when you go out to San Diego! It's beautiful, and the Navy Seals train there too..(not too bad to watch..lol)

Ok American Idol fans...don't throw things at me but I LOVED the guy who sang Copa Cabana. I am a HUGE Barry fan and I think the American Idol guy did the song some good justice! Loved Ace, and a few others, just can't remember all the names, and I will finally conceed that Taylor Hicks is growing on me. I wasn't too sure about him at first...but I am liking him more.

Now on to LAWL....I am struggling today. I ate a biscotti bar and had water for breakfast (Which is normal for me, not a big breakfast eater), For lunch I had some turkey, an orange, 12 baby carrots, 1/2 pita pocket...and now two hours later I am starving! Ok..very hungry. I am trying not to raid the vending machines today....trying to stay strong..but I haven't been hungry like this since I started the program. YIKES.
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:25 PM   #858  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Sounds like over all you all did very well with your TO. Still seems like you get a lot of food on it except know starches. Have you ever just tried doing the same thing, but not drinking the juice, but don't eat any starches. Years ago I was on a very high protein and very low starch (way worse then LAWL) and yes I lost and fast, but it didn't stay off. Now I'm not saying cut your starches out for any long period, I'm just curious if you've tried doing veggies and proteins and no starches if you'd still see losses. I might try that one when I'm stuck at the same weight some time.

Katie your going to love having an infant around, I'm sure the other kids will also. Happy to hear your trying not to focus on the scale. Sounds like you've been really working hard to get into shape.

Christie congrats on your move to San Diego. Yes CA is very expensive to live here, but I wouldn't ever trade it for the East. I also like our weather

I love watching AI also. It's going to be hard this Thurs because Survivor, Dancing with the stars and American Idol are on at the same time. I don't have Tvio so I can't record one of the other shows. That's what happens when your in to more then one show.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:33 PM   #859  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Dawn have fun on your vacation and we will miss you. I would be upset also if you prepaid and they don't have them. Well miss you!

HeatherC I won't throw anything at you but when I heard him sing I was like oh my gosh he is out of the league of singers here. There was one other guy that I thought the same thing of, but can't remember which one it was. Maybe if he's still there next week a different song might work better for him I like Barry also, but he didn't sound like Barry, ducting down so you don't throw anything at me. I am a Clay Aiken fan and Barry as said he knows Clay as talent

Sorry you are so hungry do you have an apple as it might be more filling?
Old 02-23-2006, 01:01 PM   #860  

S/C/G: 181.4/147.6/125

Height: 5'1"

AI talk--- woohoo!!
It was great last night!! My 3 favs are Taylor Hicks, that 'Elliot' guy (can't remember if first or last name- sang Stevie) and the Smoking HOT Chris Daughtry!!! He is mmm,mmm, goood looking and has an awesome singing voice to boot!!

Okay- so I had WI last down and I was down .8!!! GRRRRRRRRRr- this .8 is really haunting me and I don't know how to shake it.... It definitely time for TO.

Way to go all you TO losers!!

Talk to you all later!!
-Marisa
m_everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:09 PM   #861  

Hello girls,

Thanks for all the well-wishes on our move. I am soooo excited to leave behind the East Coast Nor'easters and sun it up by the pool. It's also put me under the gun a little bit to hurry and get this weight off. If I'm going to be poolside year-round, this backside of mine had better become less-round!

Had a good OP day so far...so happy after TO to have some fruit and carbs. Getting ready to do my lemon water, too. Bathroom, here I come.

Katie, how fun to have a 3-week old in the house. That's my favorite stage -- I love it when they're like slugs and just cuddle in your arms and sleep. Their needs are so easy then...not like a 3-year-old princess who cannot understand why you cannot magically transform her bedroom into sleeping beauty's castle (DD -- spoiled rotten and princess obsessed!!!), or who wants you to spend every waking second playing "mother and daughter." She wants me to be the daughter and I always have to go to bed so she can go shopping. Wish she was emanating my real life!

Anyway, thanks for all the support, girls. I've really come to count on this little board!

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:13 PM   #862  

Heather~ congrats on your lowest weight.

Christie~ that sounds like a great move…nice weather all year round. “mother and daughter” seems like a fun game.

Deets~ I am so close to just coming over to stabilization with you. I am tired of WL and I am doing pretty good at maintaining I am going to give it my last month here and I start stabilization on April 2. so I am going to get on the ball and get to 140 next month. I promise.

Emmy~ I was thinking the same thing about the 3 week old. I don’t think I let people touch DS without those hospital gloves at 3 weeks, but I guess it is easier after the first one.

Bre~ and good job

I have been going back from 147-148 all week. I am supposed to be 146 on Saturday. I think I might just do TO because I have gotten off track some and haven’t been planning like I should. Plus hearing all the TO success you all have had makes me want to try. But that means no Saturday morning pancakes and I live or Saturday morning pancakes
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #863  
Katie

Height: 5'1

The three week old was supposed to start when he was 1 week old, but he got sick. I feel so sorry for the mom, but their debt makes it hard for her to miss work at all. He is so tiny. I changed his diaper a little while ago, his little legs are so tiny. She must trust me a lot. I didn't even want family members to watch my babies when they were that tiny.

Christie- So funny about the 3 year old princess. I have one too, and she always wants to play that same game, only she is the mommy and I am the sick daughter. She always calls me "Kid". "Kid, it is time for your medicine", "Kid, I am going to give you a shot", "Kid, do you want some pop", you get the idea. BTW, her shots really hurt!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #864  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Jasmyne likes to give me pretend shots, but she over doses me and then I pretend to throw up on her and she laughs and continues to give me even more pretend meds
Old 02-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #865  
Katie

Height: 5'1

That is so funny Barb!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:10 PM   #866  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

That made me laugh, Barb! Very cute...
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:25 PM   #867  

Glad TO went well for many of you.

I had breakfast with 2 friends, and I had a cinnamon crunch bagel. I am counting it as 2 starches and I'm skipping 1 bar today, so hopefully it will balance out.
It wasn't on plan, but I feel like I've got to learn to enjoy some things I really like and work them into the whole day of food somehow.

Barb...Just picturing you "throwup" from your DGD shots cracks me up.

Katie, Just curious, how many daycare kids do you have at one time?
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:38 PM   #868  

Katie and Barb -- LOL on picturing both of you playing sick! When we play "mudder/dawter" as she calls it, I have to be in bed the whole time. If I open my eyes to peek at her she gets mad and tells me that I have to go to sleep so she can go shopping. Hilarous what they think up. I think I'd rather be sick than asleep -- that way maybe she'd bring me things and I could at least keep my eyes open! I think all these girls would be great friends!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:42 PM   #869  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

My daughter will be 2 next month and she likes to "play baby" which kills me because she's only 2!!! But if I say, Do you want to be my baby? She says OK and wants me to cradle her and sing. I'll take it while I can!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:15 PM   #870  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Kids are so precious I wish they'd stay young a bit longer.

Katie I mean kid that's cute she likes to play with you like that. Maybe that's what her shots feel like when she gets them.

Leah we end up making a chase game out of it as she won't stop making me sick, so I chase her and pretend to throw up on her head then she screams and runs away laughing and then I have to do it all over again when she comes after me to give me more shots. My daughter tells me to knock it off as it sounds gross, but I don't listen to her

Christie how cute you have to pretend you are a sleep so she can go shopping. Maybe you could suggest if she wants to play Dr and you be the patient. My DD bought Jasmyne a Dr's kit for Christmas and she loves it, although I think she loves giving the shots the most.

Tina how cute your DD wants to play baby, but still loves that you hold her and sing to her. I wish Jasmyne might get in that mood everyone in a while, but she is 5 now and she thinks she is to grown up

Mary does Eli stay on program when he's feeding you I wouldn't like his parfait either how cute.

Shennie good luck with getting to 146 this weekend. Hopefully the TO works for you. I didn't plan dinner last night with all the running around we did and since I was home in the evening by myself I end up making pancakes and they were very good. I have been trying not to have carbs in the evenings. Well not have any tonight, since I WI tomorrow.