Old 02-28-2006, 04:26 PM   #1066  
PurpleSunshine

Well, I've just been busy - I try to stay on top of the conversations - and now since I'm not busy - it is slow!!! it is very strange!!!

BUT - Glad you are here - that means you are staying OP - and that is good girlfriend!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #1067  

Yes, the fact that I'm here means I'm OP, which is exactly where I need to be! Glad we're in it together!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #1068  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Hi girls:
I went to WI today and I feel sad. I didn't lose but I didn't win, stayed the same 226... But I feel that I lose something, the thing is that i my center they have a scale in the washroom where you can WI at least without your jeans, that's what I do, but my counselor told me that corporate told them to take it out. I'm so mad. I have to WI with jeans and I don't know how much I weight.
Milca
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:43 PM   #1069  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Milca, I weigh in my pajamas every time I go. I always go in first thing in the morning anyway, so I go in lightweight cotton jammies. No way would I wear jeans either!

Heather & Christie- Things are slow today. We are having a huge rainstorm, and I could not get online for a while.

I am having my family over for dinner and cards. I am going to make the Greek Turkey Burgers in the recipe thread. Also, I am trying to dream a veggie cassarole kind of thing. No starches or dairy, just veggies. Like maybe onions, garlic, mushrooms, canned tomatoes, carrots, and zucchini, just kind of cooked all together in a baking dish with some Italian seasonings and tiny bit of LF parmesean cheese on top. Does that sound weird or good?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #1070  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

I'm here just not feeling in the mood to chat to much. I didn't feel like weighing in since the weather has been windy & raining. I am down to 203 on my home scale, but that is without shoes. So I will probably go to the center tomorrow or Thurs. I have been crocheting I made my grand daughter a dress for her doll and then a blanket. I'm working on another dress. Keeps my hands busy, but end up staying up till 1:00 AM working on the blanket. I'm meeting my old sales engineer for lunch tomorrow and will do my best to order on plan. I have been also working on the gazelle and my legs sure can tell they are getting a workout. I sure hope to see my thighs go down some soon. Congrats to all the losers and will be on more later this week.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:58 PM   #1071  
milkyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
Ok, that doesn't sound that bad health wise (and sounds REALLY good taste wise). What is culantro, anyway? We have tons of latin type foods in one of our local stores (it is south texas after all). I'd love to try it. The only things that were really off plan were the cooking wine and olive oil, and there are several lawl recipes that incorporate cooking wine. I've been really hungry for a different type of food than Italian, TexMex, and American. I saw some Indian recipe in the cookbook. Not sure if it is authentic, but it looks great. I've also had a HUGE yen for a peanut sauce dish but I can't find the chili paste...I guess I need to just buy a chili anyway since it would be cheaper and have less sodium.

Raisins and Sweet Peas? You lost my husband for sure...putting 2 of his least faves together like that.

Mary
Cilantro and culantro are two different herbs, cilantro their leaves are smaller and it looks like parsley in sapnish you can call it " cilantrillo",Culantro is a herb too, is a long green leave it have a strong (good) smell in spanish you can call it "recao" it sold in latin local stores for sure specially if people from P.R. live around your neighborhood because if part of our herbs we use it everyday. Usually in the latin stores around my house they sell it as culantro. If you are going to do beans when you boil them put some culantro and cilantro on it, you will see how awesome they are going to taste. I don't know if the planlet use the tomato sauce that I use when I cook for my family is the "Goya tomato sauce" it comes in a small can, I know that here in U.S. you called tomato sauce to the one that you use for pasta too.I don't think that the program let me use the " Goya "one because is not in the plan.

Last edited by rad7775; 02-28-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:07 PM   #1072  
milkyway

Hi katie:
I'm gonna have to start doing that since the corporate told them to take the scale out of the washroom...@#$%#^
Old 02-28-2006, 05:12 PM   #1073  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Katie- what time? LOL sounds good!

Hello chicks! Well my drama is not over. My dad fell in the nursing home again (2nd time in 11 days) on Friday so we went and brought him home. So I was on duty 24 hrs since friday. He is much happier to be home but he is still weak. They come in and bathe him and give him therapy and stuff but we have to help with everything else. My only time off was sat morning to weigh in lost a pd!! WOOHOO and then yesterday when I came to work and I was so busy here that I couldn't post online. Today I am at work again right now and I think I will be able to go home to my own bed tonight. My sis is supposed to stay today tonight and til tomorrow pm. I have had no more than 3-4 hours of sleep a night. Im exhausted!

Congrats to all the losers.

Hello to all the newbies.

Emmy - sorry it took me so long but I finally sent your paypal money.

Congrats to all the TOers. I am debating weather to do it or not but with the stress I am under I think its best to just do the best I can for now.

Man I had to read like 10-11 pages or something!!

Talk to you soon
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:12 PM   #1074  
milkyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by shennie_97
Christie~ beautiful pic

Milca~ I live far south east…just over the border (East Chicago) I think you are up on the North side…I use to work that way a few years ago, but the drive home was horrible and lakeshore drive killed me. I go to the COD in Calumet City sometimes….it is in the south suburbs, by River Oaks mall. But I work in Gary, Indiana now so I go to the COD by work most of the time in Merrillville, Indiana.

Angelica~ sound like you have a future scientists on your hands…talk (type) away, it is great to see our children do things on their own.
Yes I live in the North side like 10 or 15 minutes to O'hare without traffic. I know what you mean about driving the traffic here is bad!
Old 02-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #1075  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Okay--maybe dumb ?? but I went to super walmart for the unprocessed bran for the muffins in the book--they didn't have it! Where should I check? Health food store? I thought our SWM had everything--haha. I looked at the low sodium soy sauce (thinking I might try the sesame beef recipe but it is still sooo high in sodium. Has anyone tried it?

Katie--I think all those veggies would be good broiled in a foil bag, too.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:03 PM   #1076  
milkyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom
Okay--maybe dumb ?? but I went to super walmart for the unprocessed bran for the muffins in the book--they didn't have it! Where should I check? Health food store? I thought our SWM had everything--haha. I looked at the low sodium soy sauce (thinking I might try the sesame beef recipe but it is still sooo high in sodium. Has anyone tried it?

Katie--I think all those veggies would be good broiled in a foil bag, too.
I can't live without low sodium soy sauce I use it a lot and I don't feel like it mess up my diet.
Milca
Old 02-28-2006, 06:06 PM   #1077  
milkyway

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
I'll look for the culantro -I'd love to try it. I don't think we have a lot of Puerto Rican population here...mostly Mexican since Mexico borders Texas. Since I have moved out here I am just a tex mex junkie b/c all the stuff used is so cheap and readily available. When I discovered raw tortillas I was in heaven. I am not brave enough to make them on my own, though...I screw up breads every time.

Ok, I guess I'll walk again with Eli tonight. I'm VERY hungry today for some reason. Yesterday I had a frozen dinner, so I understand that, but today I have no excuse. I still have VVF left, so I'm going to heat the sweet red pepper soup (from the cookbook) and eat some strawberries I got last night.
It feels good to be moving pretty quickly. Hopefully the 170s will fly like the 190s did (and NOT like those stinkin' 180s did).

Mary
Have you ever try green plantain? Because if you like it I can tell you a recipe that is a typical Puerto Rican dish called "mofongo"
Old 02-28-2006, 06:24 PM   #1078  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

OH MY GOSH Katie, your face looks so much thinner in the new avatar picture, YOU GO GIRL!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:43 PM   #1079  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Katie I love your new pic, very nice pic of yourself and yes you look much thinner in the new one
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:45 PM   #1080  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Barb- why do you weigh in wearing shoes?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote