3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

Star 12-05-2005 09:13 AM

Way To Go...

:cp: :cb: :hat: :dance: Beanie and Dawn - that's for you.......I hope to get on the downward bus pretty soon here.....

Julie - Thanks for the welcome back. For some reason it's so much better to post when we are POP. Okay now for a really dumb question, I'm doing TO tomorrow and Wed - what are the two different options:?: Oh and I actually bought the real stuff form LAWL..... Geez I feel really dumb, it's not like I haven't done TO 100 times before.....:dizzy:

Nana2Girls - That's what gbaby Dave and Jenna:bb: :bb: call me 'NanaTrina"
the other two aren't talking yet, and the two on the way - who knows? That will make SIX by next Spring. GBDave stayed all night with us Saturday, he will be two on the 11th and is quite the joy. He looks so much like his dad, it's like taking me back 35 years....

Mary - I like your new avatar too...very cute....I think it's fun to change them up. About your NAV with DH saying you look skinny - well who better to know, right:?:

mrsbeanie 12-05-2005 10:07 AM

Sy - So sorry about your plans for the Christmas walk. I love to do Christmassy stuff ! I know how dissapointing it can be to look forward to something and then have it fall through last minute. Good Luck at weigh in today!

Cnt- Congrats on being down 10 inches!! Woohoo! and being in the smaller size.

Repo - Congrats on the BIG NSV! I too love to check out the DI! Those shoes sound fun!! Good luck with your interview this week! Hope that all goes well. Glad that no one was hurt with your incident. Does seem like sometimes thing happen that really make you ask Why? But I agree with everyone else's comments on the situation.

Kisha - Keep working on tweaking the plan and make the center make it work for you. Again my favorite saying but have them do a special consult with the nutritionist about your case! You have the right!

Thanks mom of 3! How are you doing?

Marbear- Its nice to have the hubby comment! And congrats on being in the 14s! Woohoo!

Hey Andi - Hang in there the Holidays will be over before you know it!

Shennie - Woohoo on the Medium shirt!!!!

Wrigley - Congrats on loosing 20 lbs! Yeah its only one fruit 4 times daily (orange or cantaloupe!) Nine pds in one week sounds a little too much to me!?

Nana - Good luck on the TO!

Star - good luck at weigh in today! Welcome back on plan! The two different options for take off? You can do the one in your book with 6oz protien and 2 servings veggies, 2 lites (bars), and the juice 4 times a day. Chkitlit and I did this but did unlimited green fresh veggies! Or the Fast Start one which was unlimited protien, unlimited green veggies, juice, light condiments, 2 eggs, and salt.

Deets - my center too said T0 every 14 days

Textjewel congrats on your NSV and yes its 39.2 pds!

Good luck to everyone at weigh in today! Hope that you see the numbers you are looking for.

Star 12-05-2005 10:19 AM

Thanks for the answer Beanie....If I remember correctly I like the one where you still get to eat your CHOCOLATE lites......
I haven't had a lite in forever and I understand they have new flavors now too......SO much to look forward too........

mrsbeanie 12-05-2005 10:25 AM

Yeah I tried the unlimited protien one the first time I did take off and it didn't make me lose at all, so I think we tend to go overboard on the protien. This last time with the powerbars and 6oz protien with unlimted fresh greens was a lot better! Good Luck! Of course, I really think having a take off buddy helps!! (thanks again chklit!!)

mrsbeanie 12-05-2005 10:26 AM

Anyone know what size a med clementine would be inches across wise? Anyone?

Chklithunder 12-05-2005 10:52 AM

Happy Monday

:wave: Hi Everyone.

It took me about a half hour to read up on all the posts! Gee whiz you all have been busy! My weekend was so - so. This morning my home scale said I am up 2 lbs, but I haven't been off plan since TO, so I'm hoping its a fluke and that maybe its because I missed my diuretic yesterday.

I was in bed all day yesterday- not feeling well. I did manage to get in all of my water and all of my servings so, it wasn't a total bust. Today I am feeling more like myself thanks to the cold medicine and sugar free Halls (not half bad). Plus DH grilled (yes in the snow and cold, he does it a lot), and made me a nice steak so hopefully I am retaining a gang of water, and this weight will be back off soon.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO Beanie! Congrats on the huge loss! I'd say TO was well worth the effort, no? I don't think I've ever heard of anyone losing that much from TO. :cb: Sorry - don't know about the clementine.

Star - Congratulations on being back OP. I know how much you've been looking forward to today. Let me know what you think of the new lites. I'm torn between whether I like the Chocolate Fudge Brownie as much as the DC. To me the CFB is just a little salty? My new favorite though is the Coconut Almond. I love those...

Kisha - Good to see you back. Was wondering about you!

SY - Bummer about the Christmas lights. I know just how you feel. Knowing things probably have worked out for the best doesn't really help when you're disappointed. Hard to explain...:shrug: Good luck at WI.

Dawn - Woo Hoo to you on your huge TO loss as well, and CONGRATS on your new decade. Work it mama!!!

Deets - I am with the others. I think you should follow your instincts about the COD today, but man I can't wait until that cheat goes to work for you. The only thing about the cheats is that I in my infinite pretzel logic wisdom was figuring that since they helped so much, I ought to just keep on doing it. It was very hard for me to get back OP once I had strayed, but you are losing so well I doubt that would ever be a problem for you. Hang in there and keep us posted!

Julie - That's WONderful about the too big clothes. I've only lost 30 so I have yet to see a different clothing size. I'm not even pantsing yet but I know eventually that will all change. Don't things like that make you feel so great?

To all the other chickies - Heyyy Yaaaaaa and let's have ourselves one heck of a POP :angel: Monday party! :cb: :gift: :flow2: :dancer: :woo: :queen: :yes: :bubbles: :gossip: :goodscale :carrot: :dizzy: :lol: :spin: :cp: :hat:- (my fave) :flow1: :tantrum: :hyper: :twirly: :wizard: :cheers: :balloons:

juliemarie 12-05-2005 11:04 AM

Hey guys-

Haven't posted in awhile-I didn't go into the COD 2 weeks in a row-1 because of TOM (just isn't worth the frustration) and the 2nd week because of Thanksgiving. I was a little worried, but I was down 3.5 lbs!

I was hoping to get the the 50lb mark by this Friday-my birthday. I thought that this Friday was my goal date (well, first goal date-I only got enought weight loss weeks for 50lbs in case it didn't work for me). However, they're telling me my goal date is the 16th. Whatever-I still want that 50lb weight loss for my birthday. 4.5lbs this week-maybe doing takeoff on Wed and Thurs I'll be able to pull it off. Wish me luck!

emmysmom 12-05-2005 11:12 AM

Julie,
I think that when you start LAWL, they don't count the first week for some reason...at least that is what they did for me. So maybe that is why you are figuring you goal date differently. But congrats on the 3.5 loss. You're sooooo close to your first goal...keep up the great work!

juliemarie 12-05-2005 11:14 AM

Thanks Tina! You're obviously cooking right along too!

mrsbeanie 12-05-2005 11:15 AM

Julie - I agree with Emmy they don't count the first week. Then if you are put on hold at all they don't count those weeks either. Cause they only have me as week 15! Congrats on the weightloss! I know you'll hit the 50lb soon!

mrsbeanie 12-05-2005 11:16 AM

oh by the way I found my own answer finally to the clementine. One med clementine is 3.8 oz. or approximately 1/2 c chopped.

Star 12-05-2005 12:34 PM

Regina - Thanks

:thanks: REGINA - I love the new avatar:cp: :dance:

Wrigley 12-05-2005 01:01 PM

Good Morning, or should I say afternoon. I have been having trouble logging in all morning, it kept kicking me out of the site. Finally I am on.

So yesterday was a great day feeling great about finally hitting the 20lb mark and all. Yeah you read that right, they think I can lose 9lbs by Saturday, and I mean this Saturday. I was thinking sure that might happen, but I just got back from WI and I can tell you that is not going to happen. I was up 1.8 lbs today when I WI, I know that I have not had a BM since yesterday and I know that causes you to be up especially when you have to go, but what a bummer. When I was at the center today I was with the girl who told me to eat all that fruit and I told her what happened and she was like really? Acting like it was not a big deal and I told her that I did not think you were suppose to have that much and she did not have too much to say about that, she appears to be one of those who really doesn’t know what she is talking about.

I am not sure about the counting the first week or not. I know that when I started the program, they were watching like a hawk since I was juicing and then I lost about 3 lbs and then gained it right back. That is sort of how I feel now, I lost the 3 lbs but gained it back again.

I worked out M-TH last week and then again yesterday and plan to do it the rest of the week but I don’t feel like that is helping.

I told the girl today again that I am not going to buy Xcell anymore since I don’t see anything happening with it. she is like you don’t feel like you are losing weight and have more energy, and I was like no not at all and I don’t know why. She did not seem too happy.

The other problem, and stop me if I have brought this up before is the new manager seems like she only wants to help the new people and the people who want to spend money. I have not sat down with her in weeks. Is that normal? I wonder who I should talk to about that. The other reason I don’t want to say anything is it feels as though nothing is confidential there. that if you expressed a concern then everyone is going to know that you said something. I wonder if I should try to go to another center. HMMMMM

Well, today is a lazy day at work, trying to find things to keep me busy.

Have a great day.

Repo girl 12-05-2005 01:02 PM

Hi All!
Sounds like we have a lot of losers around here this morning. I was down yesterday, back up today. There was a standoff with a dude with a gun on the highway right next to my house last night. We could hear him screaming at the cops for 2 hours last night, threatening to turn the gun on himself or shoot an officer. I called dispatch and asked if we were in danger. She said that she could not really say one way or the other. Anyway, finally about 10:00 they talked him out of his gun and arrested him. The sad part? The whole thing started when this kid held someone up for $20.00. So desperate and sad. Anyway, such a drama filled weekend for me. I used to think that this was a quiet town. I actually even locked my car last night. Started TO this morning. I think that I need a clean slate.

BTW- Since I used the Smooth Move tea a couple of times, my colon has been working almost too well. I am, of course, not complaining!

Shennie-WTG on the medium!!

Andi- Seems like you are sailing through the holidays.

Wrigley- Way to go on the 20. That has to feel so good!

Star- Welcome back to the days of POP and COD!!

Carmen- Hope you are feeling better!

Julie- Good luch with the birthday goal! 50 lbs? I am green with envy.

Hope everyone has a great, quiet, uneventful POP day!! Katie

Wrigley 12-05-2005 01:05 PM

Carmen- which center do you go to again?

i might try yours on wednesday