Old 03-09-2005, 05:24 PM   #196  

GROAN - do you have to do this to me. . .with Home Made Ice Cream???? And you are NOT an apron- mother??

Sounds like the meatballs must be a secret recipe - you should enter it in some sort of contest -
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:44 PM   #197  
156/127.4/127.4

Hey Chicks

Star-can I start by saying, can I please come to your house for dinner? I love meatballs and apple pie, two great countries cooked into one!!! Good luck on the house, how long have you lived there? Still jealous of Glow-worm/angel princess!!!

SY-dang girl you are so close! I know you will get there and I tell you right at the end I was so dang deteremined and did not want to have to question what plan to be on so I stopped exercising all together and decided I would just firm up what was left, well needless to say, I am still waiting to firm up

Julie-how is the project you going? I have logged on three times to order and have not made that leap of faith mostly because I am being cheap as we just bought a new car and I was trying to stop spending money. Tell me abou the food eating plan.....

Fiona-good job on the car, we just bought a new car (new to us) a few weeks ago and it is nice cruising in that instead of the mini-van. Now I go to school in style

Karen-there is a race in Las Vegas this weekend DH and I wanted to go so bad but I guess we will enjoy it from the sofa!!

Hello to all the newbies and shout out to all you dedicated chicks! I know I have been MIA but my life has taken a turn for the crazy! School started back and I got a prosecuting attorney for the federal govt. as one of my teachers and he is demanding and bald. Had a Monday night and not sure how I did probably not well enough for his standards. DH took a job and is now gone 4 nights a week, both my older kids are in sports that has been 5 days a week and I did quit my job as there was not enough time in the day. I know you are all wondering about my weight and well, I have not been to center since receiving my maintenance package. I just could not deal with the weekly stress of having to think about gaining ounces or pounds. I have probably gained back 5 but as long as my pants are still fitting I am okay with that. My goal is to get my butt in shape but between soccer, lacrosse, Noah and school I am wondering when my spare time is. I am really interested in the Project:You and I think I will order that. DH is in the process of looking for a different job and we were thinking that it would be a job in Boise but the deeper he looks the more he finds that his salary range is a "traveling" job. I never thought I would miss him so dearly and at the same time I am able to keep us going to where we need to be! It is like we have to pick up the pieces when he does get home and start over. I guess I will either get use to it or we will just continue to "exist" (That sounds awful huh ) Okay, well that is my life in a nutshell. I always get on and see what is up I just always have limited time so I never post! I will try not to be stranger but I wish the dieting best for all of you!!!
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:25 PM   #198  

Sammy - I was about to log off, then checked the thread and saw you had posted!

About the Project You - it is an investment, both in $$$ and time - you can get it split the costs between 3 months if you want. There is also a thread in the BB forum for Kathy Smith about using other Kathy Smith tapes to get a similar workout. I posted this info in the Project:You thread in the exercise forum. Let me know if you can't find it.

From what I understand the food plan is similar to what she's posted in her ivillage pages - it's basically eating 4x a day at 350 cals a time - she counts dairy as a protein - you can have a protein with each meal, starchy carbs twice, and then two servings of produce (fruit or veg) for each meal. If the protein is low fat or medium fat, then you can add fat to the meal. (I'll see if I can find the ivillage link and post it for you - don't have time tonight!) The plan is not so different from LAWL, except no lites of course! And the veg portions are based on calories -- so things like lettuce and greens are in the 3 cup range for one serving. She does suggest limiting fruit to two times a day to lose weight faster.

I can only imagine how tough it is for you now that your DH is gone for most of the week. Just know, chickie, that you are STRONG and you and your family will make it. You have so much on your plate- with your children, your schooling and the upset as you continue to adjust. Eventually, you will adjust. I am so glad that you are continuing with your school - I think I would have thrown in the towel.

At least you can go to school in style, with the new car! (I'll get to see it in July, I hope!)

Major Hugs!
Julie
Old 03-09-2005, 07:42 PM   #199  

Woo hoo! I guess I should go weigh in one of these days - saw an ad in the Sunday paper that my LAWL has finally gotten the new plan!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:28 AM   #200  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey gals,
Congrats to everyone who has lost!! Good luck Star on your house.

Does anyone have the food plan for the Purple plan? This is the one next up from Gold right?
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #201  

good morning, chickies!

I am back to 196 this AM - sure it is because of the chinese lunch yesterday. And I am scheduled to go WI today - haven't been for two weeks; put myself on hold because of the anti-biotics (the hole in my shoulder is almost completely healed now) AND my birthday. . .OH WELL! I will just suck it up and GO.

Fiona - definately recommend you get the new program - are you in a corporate center?? Hope you don't have to pay extra for it.

What has happened to our cook, Beverly???

Skinny vibes to all,
Julie
Old 03-10-2005, 09:03 AM   #202  

Tammy - actually, I think blue may be between gold and purple - but - you get on purple:
VVVV FFF SS PP, and 1 fat and 1 dairy -
Protein is 8 oz raw chicken, 7oz raw turkey, 6 oz beef, 3 eggs,
Dairy -8 oz yogurt, milk, 2 oz lite cheese
(These are on the NEW plan)

Julie
Old 03-10-2005, 09:30 AM   #203  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I'll get the new plan tonight, i think i may be up on WI, but after my birthday celebrations, i'm going to ignore it and see what it looks like next week. I WILL NOT let it get to me if i am up... I looked at the cookbook and it seems nice, i like how it tells you for 1 serving and how to count it, but they sell it for $28 and that seems like a lot. I'll have to think on that one. Perhaps i could find that on ebay too?

Julie, hang in there, don't give up. You'll be back down in no time.

Back is really aching from that fall And Bruce hasn't called in 2 days. I saw him briefly online and he said he was having personal problems and i know he had his dr. call and want to see or talk to him about some tests he had done about a week ago. I don't know if i should be worried or let it go?
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:02 AM   #204  

Morning gals!

Well I'm going to weigh in today - I was OP yesterday and down a bunch this morning, yay! - finally chased off that water retention, I guess. I haven't written in my diary in forever - oh well, I plan on getting my NEW PLAN diary today anyway!

I took what feels like a huge leap of faith yesterday, even though it's not really that big of a deal - I contacted this Realtor my mom knows, and we are getting together over coffee next week just to talk real estate. Things aren't really working out like I had hoped at the company I joined, so this is the first step in exploring some other options. Eeek!

Michele - YOU hang in there, too! You've been doing great so far, and we all know birthdays happen! I'm sure you'll be back down in no time, too! Hope your back feels better soon, and that Bruce gets his personal stuff taken care of and picks up the phone!

Julie, good luck at WI! I'm excited to get the new plan, it's about time - it feels like we've been talking about it for MONTHS! My center is franchised so I suppose I'll have to pay, but I hope it's not exorbitant. I noticed in the same ad that they've raised their price from $9 to $11/week. Makes me kinda glad I'm paid in full at half that rate!

Fiona
Old 03-10-2005, 10:57 AM   #205  
191.8/168.2/160

Okay, if Blue is the first plan up from Gold, what is on that plan?

I think it maybe 1/2 protein more than the Gold.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:58 AM   #206  

Default Morning Chicks.,...

Julie - About the apron, what's that saying "the leaf doesn't fall far from the tree"....lol
But in all honesty - no I'm not even close to an apron mom/grandma. Now I would consider Bev one though....right Bev I would just as soon take my grandkids to McDonalds to eat so I could go to the play area with them....lol

Sammy Hey Chick - we have missed you! sounds like you are one busy mom. I hope it all pans out for you, stay in touch! I have lived in the country house for 2 years, since we got married. Glow-worm is adorable and I will hug her for you..thanks.

Fiona - Good luck at WI and hope you like the new plan!

Mitch - Birthdays and "Life Happens" events are part of life -you'll make it up in no time. good luck with the guy....

Tam - Blue plan is the next step up from the Gold. I think you just get an extra 1/2 protein and 1 starch.

About the house, the people that made the offer want to buy it at our counter offer - ONLY- get this, they ask if we would leave them the big screen tv That tv cost $4,000. anyhow we told our guy "no". Then he called back and said they want the house but want something to sweeten the pot, like a riding mower. I told him "no" again. As of right now, until noon they can still agree to buy the house for our counter, but after that we can move on without them. the other part, I failed to mention, is that our realtor is out of town until Monday, so this offer has been handled by her co-worker. Needless to say I'm not wild about him and think he has handled this differently than Deanna would have. Anyhow, I will update you at noon.

Hi to all you other chicks.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #207  

Star - that buyer sounds like a looney. If you've gotten some interest already, with real estate season just warming up, I'm sure the RIGHT buyer is just around the corner! (This is Buddy Fiona speaking, not Realtor Fiona - lol! )

Fiona
Old 03-10-2005, 11:06 AM   #208  

...Actually, I think Realtor Fiona thinks that guy is a looney, too.

Fiona
Old 03-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #209  

Buddy/Realtor Fiona -
Thanks for the advice, but it might be too late..........I hope they look elsewhere for free stuff, like a garage sale.....lol
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:14 PM   #210  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Good Afternoon Ladies~
I did it, I started LAWL today on the blue plan....so far finding it really easy to eat OP. I did not joing the center as I do not have those funds up front, but I bought the entire plan on eBay and chose the blue plan to start because the red was far too much food.

I did do the takeoff yesterday, but I could not stick with that way of eating for more than one day, so I just jumped in headlong today.

I am hoping to have great success as I need to lose a significant amount of weight. But I am prepared. I am hoping to be a thin version of myself by my 30th birthday (2 years and 3 months away)...so I know I am not rushing it, I am going for healthful, not crashing. And I am not giving up no matter what!!!
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote