LAWL & Friends - March 2005 - Page 8 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 03-04-2005, 02:43 PM   #106  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Happy Birthday Julie!!!have a great weekend
Yes my birthday is on the 7th as well lol you remember everything huh LOL

Well i have good news to report. WI went very well this morning down 1.75 since wednesday!!! So this means that i achieved my goal for the week of at least 2 lbs YAY!!! My treat for myself was a hair cut and style. I just need to update my tickers after i finish posting. Glad to see that everyone is doing so well.

michele happy bday to you as well (we share the same day!!!how cool is that) Hope you have a great day since you will be off from work! I myself am taking half the day off i need to invoice that morning and then i will be off the rest of the week SPRING BREAK!!!!!! So not sure how often i will pop in next week!! So everyone have a great weekend and keep up the great work and ill see ya sometime next week

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 04:19 PM   #107  

Julie, I know you won't see this til next week, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I wish I could tell you whether you should eat everything you want or try your best to stick to plan, but I'm still undecided as to whether that was a good idea for ME!

Wow, quiet today.

Woo hoo, I get to pick up my car tomorrow (finally)!!!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 05:59 PM   #108  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Chicks...
One more hour to go..I can't wait.
I thought I might have alittle bit of trouble staying on plan tomorrow but me and Star worked my menu out for the day. It's doable...
I found out that we are all meeting in Talladega for breakfast at 7 and then going to the track. Then we will be going to the Steakhouse for lunch or something. So, we planned those meals and I'm taking bars and fruit with me for the ride there and back. It's about a 2 hour drive each way..I just hope it all works out the way it's planned..
Well, I hope you chicks have a great weekend. I'll try and post on Sunday...
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 06:33 PM   #109  

Have a GREAT TIME, Karen!!!

And remember the discussion we had some weeks back about mantras? "No buffet for me today, thanks!" Figure one out in the next hour or so that you can use to ward off those car-ride snacks and any potential off-plan choices at meals - how great will it feel to come back to a HAPPY SCALE! :

Fiona
Old 03-04-2005, 07:04 PM   #110  
BAS
BAS

Happy Birthday Julie- enjoy the day 100% - you deserve it. After all its once in a year. A special day. Just relax and enjoy.

BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:56 PM   #111  

Boy oh boy is it dead around here! Usually I'm busier in the evenings, but tonight DH is gone at a church retreat until tomorrow evening so it's just me and DD - who is going to bed in about half an hour - so it will be just me! Maybe I'll go rent some silly chick flick and settle down with my H2O cocktail and maybe just maybe a Fudgesicle.

Hope you gals are all having a good night and planning for a good (fun and OP) weekend!

Fiona
Old 03-05-2005, 07:28 AM   #112  

Sorry for being scarce, been really busy at work.

Rusty: Glad you got it!

Fiona: Did you get the car yet? How do you like it?

Julie: Know your party'ing, have a great weekend!

Britt: Congrats on being down!

Tams: Let us know how WI goes today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

BAS: Enjoy your snowmobiling. My sister's BF has one, and her 2 boys are loving riding with them (taking turns of course). It's a great winter sport. I use to love to x-country ski in the winter. DH and I would do it every chance we got. He hurt his back, and now I don't have anyone to go with. Could join a club, but I go to the gym instead. Have a great weekend!

Well, I'm off to the market to see what they have. Have a great day and I'll try to check in later.

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:36 AM   #113  

Smile Hi, everyone!

I have been MIA the past week due to a bad cold, cough, sore throat, etc. The meds the doc gave me were quite effective aka "you might experience a little drowsiness" - ha. I did try to read the forum one day I kept seeing "tickers" as "knickers" so I gave up

Congrats to everyone who lost this week and to everyone who stayed OP regardless what the scale said!

Fiona - Congrats on new car! I'm still driving a 1987 Volkswagen. And as someone else said, may you always leave later than your hubby!

Text/Julie - Happy belated b-day, I know you won't see this until you get back.

Star - I think the new issue of Shape mag has an article about heart rate training. I will check and post over on exercise yard thread.

I will have to go back through the posts to catch up some more, so skinny vibes to all those I haven't read about yet!

I'm going to try and make WI today after a week of feeding a cold, so it probably won't be pretty. Even though I couldn't taste or smell anything I managed to eat some pretty weird combination of things.

TTYL
Melissa
videochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:14 AM   #114  
BAS
BAS

GOod Morning Ladies!How is everyone? Well the scale was still good to me and made my day. The two pounds have stayed off and as active as I get on weekends (instead of sitting at a desk) that usually helps.

Well Fiona- today is the big "Car" day - I Hope you have a well planned driving excursion to go to. I wouldn't even think of bringing it back and parking it - no way- its a new car - fun to try it out. Have fun girl. Fudgesicle - can we have those? Yum - those were my favorites years ago.

I have chicken and turkey out to make something with this weekend - Maybe I can find a good soup recipe (without the salt of course) - I just love throwing everything into the pot. Trouble is I usually have to eat the pot myself. I am making my DS for her birthday a Rubarb Custard Pie - she will fall over cause I actually saved my rubarb this year and froze it just for these things. So easy to do. Laundry is going, hubby is fed, son is still sleeping and next I'll start the pie. Then I'm going to rearrange my food pantry -in big need - can't find anything - I buy too much sometimes. I have dry groceries in my bedroom from yesterday that I just couldn't find a good place to put them so I have to organize today. I like doing that though. I also have a jigsaw puzzle out that I'm working on - hope the sun shines pretty soon - its suppose to. Then I'm going outside for a while even if its just to walk in the snow. Its suppose to be 40.

Okay I'm gonna get started - I'll check back in bit to see whose playing this weekend and what everyone is up to.

Hugs - be good to yourselfs and the scale will be good to you!

Old 03-05-2005, 11:19 AM   #115  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi ladies

At work this a.m. (You can tell how hard i'm working ).

Britt, yes we are birthday sisters! Cool, huh! Happy early birthday to you sweets!

I'm meeting a new guy for lunch on monday........ I gave up dating at the first of the year but he wore me down and i think he's worth meeting. I think......i'll tell you after.

Hope you all have a wonderful on program weekend! And if not on program, ok too....just don't give up.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 12:05 PM   #116  

Good morning chickies!

Uneventful day so far - got to sleep in a little, showered, breakfast, then ran over to the mall with DD for a little bit. I wanted to get this very cool spring/fall-weight jacket that I saw on clearance at New York & Company a few weeks back, but of course they were all gone. There are two other NY&Co's within easy driving distance of me, though, so I think I'll check them out this weekend too, just in case.

But, since I was there, I raided the rest of the clearance racks, too! They had a whole section of the store marked $5.99 - pants, shirts, sweaters, you name it. So I picked up a fabulous pair of gray slacks and three button-down shirts for under $25. None of them actually FIT - that store is about one size too small for me yet - but if I accomplish my March/Easter challenge of losing 10 pounds, or even most of that, I might be able to wear them before they are out of season. That is probably my favorite clothing store - I can't wait until I can buy anything I want there! Anyway, I had DD along so I couldn't really try stuff on, but I plan to go back and REALLY go over those clearance racks if I ever get some free time to myself this week.

Anyway, DD is watching a movie and we don't leave to pick up the new car for about two hours, so I'm going to entertain myself with a video game for a while. Have a good afternoon everyone!

Fiona
Old 03-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #117  

Default The Latest

Hi all!

Talking to you ladies can be quite addicting.

I talked to my Center and they told me I am on the blue
plan and not purple because I'm diabetic. Apparently,
I will be on this same plan through-out my weight loss.
I am a slow weight-loser, but I also cheat. Starting today
I am going to stick to plan for a full week - and see what
happens. Wish me luck!

Fiona - I want a new ring and a new car. What is your
secret?

Julie - the little devil you put up when you talk about Tammy's
Center is a complete crack up. I have a **** counselor at
my center, too. I nonchalantly ask her about her schedule
and then go on different days!

Michele - I also used to live in Michigan, New Mexico, and Texas.
Alma, Albuquerque, and San Antonio. Please do share about
your lunch date. I've been married 7 years and want to live
vicariously.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Jennifer
Jennifer T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 12:53 PM   #118  

Hi Jennifer!

The secret is to find your hubby (if you have one) a new job. LOL!

Fiona
Old 03-05-2005, 02:09 PM   #119  
BAS
BAS

Hey girls - I should be shopping too with all the deals out there. I actually just finished organizing my pantry - love it. My mother called and ask me to give her a perm so I'm going down there to do that. I had a LC for lunch and I'm taking a Luna bar with because it will be a long afternoon with no snacks. We may play Dominoes in between rolling and waiting for the perm to take. That will be fun. Its 41 here today and the snowmobile tray goes across our land back of the house and its a steady stream of snowmobiles- everyone must be out today. WOW.

Does anyone have any good LAWL recipes to make with chicken or turkey? CHicken is fresh and turkey is ground. Thanks.

Well I just finished scrubbing floors and they should be dry by now. I've got to get going to my moms while the sun shines. Geez a big cloud just covered the sun It should pass soon. TTYL

Hugs
Old 03-05-2005, 02:46 PM   #120  

Beverley - here is a chicken recipe I really like - it's pretty easy, too, and doesn't take too long to prepare.

Curried Stuffed Chicken Breast (1P, 2V, 1S)

6 or 8 oz. boneless/skinless chicken breast (according to plan)
1 T water
1/4 medium carrot, shredded
5 green onions, sliced
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1 slice diet bread, toasted and cut into cubes
1/8 tsp. Morton Lite Salt
1/8 tsp. paprika

In a small saucepan, combine water, carrot, green onion and curry powder. Cook until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat, add bread cubes.

With meat mallet, pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle chicken with Morton Lite salt. Place chicken in a baking dish. Place stuffing on top of one sideof chicken breast, then fold over (Fiona's note: secure with toothpick). Sprinkle with paprika.

Bake in 350-degree oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.

~ Fiona