Old 03-13-2005, 10:01 AM   #256  

Beverly, so glad that you are having fun with your DGD - and that you went down the slide (do I need to mention to you that they terrify me )

Also, that the most important thing is to find a program that you are comfortable with! Does this program have a way to add foods back in after you have reached your goal weight? (I can't imagine life without ever having chocolate). If you've found it boring, maybe you should expand the list of foods that you eat within the limits of the diet? Do you get to eat several times a day? And is there any veggies? (I can't live without them on a diet) . .

Major Hugs to you,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:00 AM   #257  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Good morning all!

I was down a lb. at WI yesterday, but i'm still getting rid of the Bday weight. My counselor wanted me to keep positive and wanted me to read about positive thinking, so she gave me the new Free to Live 3ring Success Kit. It's similar to what i was given earlier when i started but more concise. I think i may give it to my mother, who doesn't have an LAWL near her but loves how it's helped me so far. But don't tell cuz i guess they wouldn't want me doing that, would they.

I did better last night staying OP, although after grocery shopping i have a hard time, knowing what's in the house. I did have a bagel last night, exceeding my S for the day, but it was still better than the last week.

Beverley, your story of your GD and what she said to you when you went down the slide made me What a cutie!
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:45 PM   #258  
BAS
BAS

Hello again -

Julie - I eat six times a day and any fresh veggies I want pretty much. The plan is when you reach goal you still eat like this several days a week and the rest of the days what ever you want. So its tolerable I hope. Haven't reached that far yet. LUnch is browned ground turkey, mushrooms, onions - over a small baked potato with cucumbers slices. Haven't decided afternoon snack yet - suppose to be protein and a carb - may make some home made fries in a little bit. Have a carrot cake in the oven (bundt) for supper when the kids arrive. Have to make the cream cheese frosting yet. I have two loaves of fresh bread rising for supper too. The bread is hard to resist I'll tell you. GOod thing it ruins it to cut it hot or I'd have to dive in. ONce it cools off I'm human again - lol.

Well Its time to make lunch for the rest of the crew here - on my third load and last load of laundry - got the DGS hair done and when I finished he looked at me and said - you made a mess grandma - I need a shower now. Funny.
DIdn't say anything about the hair cut - just that I got it all over him - oh well live and learn. Anyway I did a pretty good job. Course he has very curly hair and you couldn't tell if I made a mistake anyway.

Okay gotta go - catch you later.

Hugs
BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 01:16 PM   #259  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Afternoon Chicks,
Beverley...It sounds like you had another fun weekend.. I think Julie is right about adding a variety of foods within the limits of the 6wbmo. I know that I got really bored with it because I didn't do that...Good luck.
Can someone let me know too about the free to live cards (or whatever they are called) Well, my luck, my center would charge me for that too..
Michelle...You are doing good getting the BD weight off. Congrats on the loss.
Sy...I really like the blue plan...I'm going to stay with that until I stop losing and then I'll switch to the gold plan. I'm thinking about, for one meal a week (like dinner on Saturdays) having whatever I want to eat, plus dessert if I want. Then I go right back on plan. That will give me the break that I need from this. I did it last night. I had chicken fingers, french fries, potato salad, and cheesecake for dessert. That was really bad, I know, but I'm right back on until next weekend. I'll let everyone know how this works for me. I might be defeating the purpose...Who Knows..
Well guess what? Next Sunday we are going to the Atlanta race. We've never been to that one yet. I can't wait. I've been wanting to go to that track for a few years. It should be fun..
I guess I need to do alittle work while I'm here today so I'll check back in later..Hi Juile...
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 10:51 PM   #260  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Evening Chicks!!!

I know i dont usually post on the weekends but wanted to catch up and get started with my daily posting lol. I have to update my diary for WI tomorrow and i still have several things to do tonight to get ready for tomorrow (work, school and Scrapbook University!)

First off thanks to Star, Sy & Julie for trying to cheer up my uneventful bday lol but thats ok there is always next year right

Chklithunder Welcome!! 12 lbs in 5 weeks congrats! The best advice i can give is to drink lots of water more than the 64 oz if you can and to stick with your plan as much as possible. Sounds like you are doing great so far so stick with it.

Keri you seem really organized! My only question for you, is that the only foods you eat? I myself would get really bored with a limited variety but thats great if it works for you. Sometimes i wish i didnt like such a variety lol.

Sy, Julie & Karen
I got the free to live cards also in fact i got a while kit. There is a small 3 ring binder that has all kinds of tips and information even gives you suggestions on certain types of food such as Thai, american, mexican and so on. Then you get the cards also they are smaller and fold in half so you can carry them in your purse if you want too. Mine are at work right now so i cant give you an accurate example but ill try and do that tomorrow. But the cards have categories like Picnic, Movies, Mall and so on and gives you about 5-6 different items you can have and what they count as. Birthday cake is even on there!

Sy congrats on being down and only having 6.6 to go!!!!

Michele I too had a hotdog over the weekend But i had 20 oz of water with it does that make it ok ??? lmao When we have busy weekends sometimes it is really hard to stay OP i know this weekend and past week was really bad for me! But guess what im going to try to get up early in the morning and walk on my treadmill to start my day off to a great start!! I also need to go to the grocery store im really low on good foods! Oh and good luck with Bruce hope everything turns out ok.

Tameme congrats on your loss as well.

Well i still have to finish my papers and there is like no time let. So i better get busy i guess!! Talk to everyone tomorrow or if your reading this tomorrow then ill talk to you today!

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:03 AM   #261  
BAS
BAS

Good Morning Girls - How was everyone's weekend? Mine was GREAT! Had such much fun with the GD and GS and their family - unfortunately I had a hard time staying away from the meatloaf and carrot cake - only nibbles though. But today is a new day and I don't see anything in the next 10 days to detour me from my eating plan. I've made arrangements to take some time off of work next week before Easter and spend a few days with my GD and spoil her even more. Were going to shop and play - thats IT. She cried when she had to go home last night - two days is not long enough for me to spoil her but I told her I would come and get her next week and she then said okay. SHe loves mom and dad but I spend alot of time with her - ALOT. SHe's my life.

Well its off to work - I have a meeting to night (two of them) so will be a long day - then I MUST come home and exercise - its been 5 days because of my cold which is much better. I have all my foods packed and ready to go.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:46 AM   #262  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Wow i beat Julie posting this morning how did i manage that one lol. Anyway good morning all! Nothing much new to report here except i didnt get up and exercise this morning talked to BF to long on the phone last night lol didnt want to get up. However now i have a lot of work to do because my desk looks like a mound of papers since I was off most of last week lol.

Beverly sounds like you had a wonderful time with GD this weekend I know your looking forward to your next adventures with her. She will treasure these moments forever i know i do all the time i got to spend with my grandparents. Glad to hear your cold is better.

Hope everyone is doing well this morning and i will be back a little later.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:47 AM   #263  

Good morning, chickies!

Well, weight this AM still at 194 - I do seem to be stuck here - of course, it is TOM, and I guess I'll wait a day or two before I start getting upset. .

Michelle - WTG on getting back on track after your BD - to me that has been the true victory - that I can get back OP after a off plan meal or day. It doesn't give that extra weight time to grow and multiply.

Beverly, you are so lucky to have an active part in your DGD's life. . . it seems both you AND she recognize it. And the story about your DGS's haircut is so cute! About the diet - we all have different triggers. It sounds like your meals were pretty good - It's great that you can have potato more than once a day. I love fresh baked bread - I haven't made it in years, since it never seems to last more than 15 minutes.

Karen - about your 'modification' - I guess I think any plan is better than no plan when we are trying to lose weight (and I'm also beginning to think that is true in maintainence, too).

Britt - we all have birthdays next year, Thank Goodness! And let us know how scrapbook university goes - sounds exciting!

Hugs and skinny vibes! (I have lunch AND dinner out today. . .)
Julie
Old 03-14-2005, 09:14 AM   #264  

Okay, Britt, I can see we are going to have a contest as to who posts first . . .
Old 03-14-2005, 09:28 AM   #265  
One meal at a time!

Good Morning Chicks,
Julie...I guess I think I'm already on maintenance... I'm just going to see how it goes for a few weeks..
Britt...Oh great..Something else to drive me nuts..(free to live stuff)
I sure wish we had another center around here...
I got on the scales this morning and was at 169.6 so I'll use that weight to see how I do with this "modification" in my diet. I guess Sunday will be my day this week since we are going to the Atlanta race. It's a 3 hour drive each way plus however long the race will last. I will be taking my cooler with me to help keep me in control. We are meeting our friends at 5 in the morning so that will make for a long day...
Ok Chickies..I have alittle work to do this morning but I'll check back in later..
Old 03-14-2005, 09:38 AM   #266  

Good morning chicks!

Well, the diet got pretty well ignored this weekend, but on the up side, DH and I think we've found our house!!! We checked out those townhouses that are being built in our hometown, and one of the floor plans is PERFECT for us! We are going to try and get together with a couple of different mortgage guys this week and see whether we can even afford them.

That's all that's exciting in my world today - except that I only have a two-day work week - today and tomorrow! I like vacation days!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:58 AM   #267  

Karen - sometimes we need to concentrate on life, and not dieting - maintaining is good for those times - don't you think?

Fiona - good luck on the house stuff!

Gotta run, chickies - today is one of my social days. . .

Julie
Old 03-14-2005, 10:06 AM   #268  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all!

Happy Monday! I'm going to be POP today, that is thhe plan. I have prepared and there is no legitimate excuse for me to be off today. I cooked some chicken breasts yesterday and i'll have them for lunch or dinner with a nice salad. I cleaned a cupboard in the kitchen and have easy access to my SFFF jello, applesauce, Luna's, FF pudding, etc.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:30 PM   #269  

Hi ladies: How is everyone doing today? I did pretty good over the weekend with the exception of that corned beef on Saturday, and of course I snuck a piece last night too when DH had it out on the counter to have it for his dinner. TG it's gone for another year! It really tasted yummy. I'm trying to stock up on the water today. Can't remember if I wrote this yet or not? On Friday after WI I stopped by the grocery store to pickup a few items. Well, once I got ice cream in my head, I looked and looked to see what would have been my best choice. I think I hovered around the freezer section for about 15 minutes while I read the lables checking out fat, calories and sugar. I decided on Healthly Choice Chocolate Mint ice cream and put it in my cart. Started to head from the freezer section, turned around and put it back. Decided I was worth more than that because I knew I would have ate more than I planned. I think these little victories that I have been accomplishing will be the thing that assists me in making my goal (or at least that I what I'm hoping for).

Julie: Have a great day socializing!
Star: Hope your enjoying your DGKs.

Karen: I think your idea about picking 1 day a week to have what you want to eat (within reason) and without guilt - if that is what allows you to stick to a plan the remaining part of the week it's a great idea for you. When you head to Altanta, you can do the same thing. Take the OP foods, and the day that it will be the hardest to stick to plan is the day that your enjoying the races with friends, then pick that day. Whatever works best for you, and still allows you to get to your goal.

Gotta run, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:46 PM   #270  
One meal at a time!

Sy...I'm trying for little victories too. I figured I would give myself one meal, one time a week to eat whatever I wanted. Before, I would give myself a whole day. That didn't work for me because it leads to days of binges for me. I also have to do this with just the dinner meal. If I ate what I wanted for any other meal, it would end up being an all day thing. I'm just such a mess... I'm just trying it for a few weeks. If I still lose, I'll continue. I'm just tired of being all over the place on the scales. This also gives me something to look forward to and might make this dieting not so hard for me..We shall see...